Requisite pony thread (No creepers)

Well, the "Stepford Ponies" managed to be even creepier "in person" than they were in the preview. Seriously, I had to pause and take a break a few times because I just couldn't take the creepy anymore. :oops:

General thoughts: Good episodes. :D

Anyone else think that odd spear thing that one pony threw in the cave looked like the Lance of Longinus?

Well, that could be even worse, since she could be using the cutie marks to try and cause Instrumentality!

That... makes genuine, terrifying sense. Think about it, a harmony so close that you can't even tell where 'you' ends and where 'they' begin, where not even identity matters, where all are completely equal. And more importantly, remember what they mentioned about how the map can be used in... other ways? IF you have the right magic...

That's actually terrifying, now that I think about it. Like, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That... makes genuine, terrifying sense. Think about it, a harmony so close that you can't even tell where 'you' ends and where 'they' begin, where not even identity matters, where all are completely equal. And more importantly, remember what they mentioned about how the map can be used in... other ways? IF you have the right magic...
"All will be one..."

Yep, people are noticing similarities...

I was about to say, the resemblance of the Staff of Sameness to the Lance of Longinus is...probably deliberate. Seriously, they're almost identical.

EDIT: Finished Episode 1, now starting Episode 2...Jesus Christ, they're going full 1984. I didn't expect this kind of totalitarianism even in MLP. That's impressive.

Last edited:
well, I'm not an astronaut so... okay. o_O
In NGE, humans and other beings have a form because their AT Field (the "Light of the Soul" and the thing that ensures individuality in the came of humans) shapes it and keeps it together. If you destroy the AT Field, such as using an Anti-AT Field, then they lose their physical form which dissolves into LCL, which is an orange, blood tasting fluid that has a resemblance to "Tang", hence the nickname. Of course, in the case of humans the destruction of their AT Fields when done correctly will cause all their souls to merge into one super-being known as "Lillium" as part of the Angel Lilith. In other words... it would make everyone equal by taking away every scrap of individuality that they have. One literally would not be able to tell where they end and someone else begins.

So apparently the new episode praises Ayn Rand according to some guy who messaged me out of the blue this morning to complain-thoughts?

So apparently the new episode praises Ayn Rand according to some guy who messaged me out of the blue this morning to complain-thoughts?

Hahahahah, NO. All the ponies cooperate for a better whole, and selflessly put themselves in danger to help the mane six rather than go 'eh, I got mine'.

In NGE, humans and other beings have a form because their AT Field (the "Light of the Soul" and the thing that ensures individuality in the came of humans) shapes it and keeps it together. If you destroy the AT Field, such as using an Anti-AT Field, then they lose their physical form which dissolves into LCL, which is an orange, blood tasting fluid that has a resemblance to "Tang", hence the nickname. Of course, in the case of humans the destruction of their AT Fields when done correctly will cause all their souls to merge into one super-being known as "Lillium" as part of the Angel Lilith. In other words... it would make everyone equal by taking away every scrap of individuality that they have. One literally would not be able to tell where they end and someone else begins.
Legit thanks and... okay, then. I got nothing. :p

This person is wrong.

Hahahahah, NO. All the ponies cooperate for a better whole, and selflessly put themselves in danger to help the mane six rather than go 'eh, I got mine'.
This person is wrong.
Ayn Rand raised the point of 'altruism' forced via social obligations and peer pressure not being true altruism, and likely discouraging true altruism. Such is indeed a valid point, and the point that the episode was making. The problem was that Ayn Rand then went on to conclude that we should act on "rational self interest" instead, while many of her purported followers seem to have conveniently forgotten that she was speaking about the obligations of social conservatism as much as she was about collectivist government. And so was this episode.

You guys are on the liberal end of the spectrum, so how about this. Imagine a socially conservative small town. Imagine that everyone knows each other and everyone is polite... but god help you if you don't conform to their standards or neglect your obligations or are just an out-of-towner whose 'different'. Full of loving and hospitable family and friends...conditional on you living your life the way they expect you to. Would you like that? No? Well then you might agree with Ayn Rand more than you might think... and the S5 premiere town is very much akin to those places, which do exist.

Last edited:
Back