Requisite pony thread (No creepers)

Part of me wants to see Rumble bring either Ravage or Lazerbeak to a Bring Your Pet to School Day or a pet day.

You know, with all the discussion about how Starlight Glimmer's mad scheme is impossible to achieve, I don't think anyone here has considered one other problem with her plans: Discord. And this fic I've found explains it well:

Wow, that was quick: a new fic about Starlight Glimmer so soon after the premiere.

A Mad Glimmer

The village had been perfect, free from the inequality and misery rampant throughout the rest of Equestria. Then Twilight Sparkle and her so-called friends arrived and ruined everything.

But all hope is not lost. Starlight Glimmer has a plan to restore her lost utopia on a much vaster scale.

After all, it's not like that purple princess was friends with anything worse.

Starlight Glimmer gets a little 'chat' with our good ol' friend, Discord.

What Starlight did would be absolutely reprehensible to Discord, especially considering what she did (and planned to do) with poor Fluttershy. Plus, he points out two more very good reasons why her plan couldn't work: 1) Equalizing Equestria would absolutely destroy the most prosperous nation on their planet, leaving it vunerable to the Griffons or even the Diamond Dogs to swoop in for the takings; and 2) the bit in the "Our Town" song? The bit about "You can't have nightmares if you don't dream"? Yeah... tell me, who does that bring to mind? Luna. And Luna has anger management issues... her nuking the town might end up with another Nightmare Moon incident, and this time there'll be no stopping her given the Element Bearers are dead too.

So yeah, Starlight Glimmer: you are absolutely fucking stupid crazy, if you've managed to piss off even the God of Chaos.

I question the relevance "someone wrote a fic in which they used a character as a mouthpiece to express a particular sentiment" to anything.

I question the relevance "someone wrote a fic in which they used a character as a mouthpiece to express a particular sentiment" to anything.

It's relevant in the fact that Starlight Glimmer, if she managed to succeed in brainwashing the Mane 6 and proceeded in whatever plans she had for Equestria, would've had the very big problem of dealing with Discord. Celestia and Luna are bad enough roadblocks, but Discord in particular would absolutely ruin her - both for his nigh-omnipotent chaos powers, that her ideology is the utter antithesis of everything that Discord is about, and that she harmed Fluttershy. Starlight and Discord would be mortal enemies for those reasons alone.

The problems with the logistics of an Equalized Equestria don't help either.

Representatives of the ancient tribes of Equestria. Note the skeletal headgear, worn to indicate triumphs over particularly worthy foes (the custom of eating some of the flesh of worthy foes had by this time been replaced with taking tokens).

(This is complete BS and shouldn't be believed. Also, I wonder what Pinkie, Twilight, and Rarity will be like...)

Source

At first, I thought they all became colorful Cubones.

It's relevant in the fact that Starlight Glimmer, if she managed to succeed in brainwashing the Mane 6 and proceeded in whatever plans she had for Equestria, would've had the very big problem of dealing with Discord. Celestia and Luna are bad enough roadblocks, but Discord in particular would absolutely ruin her - both for his nigh-omnipotent chaos powers, that her ideology is the utter antithesis of everything that Discord is about, and that she harmed Fluttershy. Starlight and Discord would be mortal enemies for those reasons alone.

The problems with the logistics of an Equalized Equestria don't help either.

Given the nods and shout-outs to NGE, I'm fairly certain that Starlight's end-game is not 'Equalized Equestria', but instead an instrumentality event. I've gone into a whole bunch of speculation before as to why I believe that to be the case, but in general all the facts point to a good part of the myth arc being to explore how a cosmic-grade threat is born. I would like to also point out that she seemed to be stronger when she had all those cutie marks locked up, suggesting that her power may be more similar to Tirek's than we originally thought. (look how she trounced the shit out of Twilight when she had a town's worth of cutie marks, then couldn't stop Twilight without them)

We'll likely get an episode or two devoted to finding out where Starlight came from to give context as to how she came up with her ideas, the smooze episode is likely to explore the consequences, and a chunk of the episodes dealing with various schenanigans she's causing until we get to the season finale and she goes and uses the map for:

Another thing I noticed: Alicorns have a weird blend of pegasus and unicorn instincts. I just noticed it today, but when an alicorn goes into a battle, they tend to first fly into the air, then blast downwards towards the target for the opening salvo in an alpha strike. Twilight has done it twice (Tirek, Starlight), and Celestia did it in the wedding. I think Cadance might have done it as well against the Tatzlwyrm. It might be a good idea to study the various episodes to see how an alicorn battle might go. (Say, did Luna do the same thing when she went all 'grr'?)

Speaking of consequences of Luna going 'grr', have some hugging and reassuring.

So the answer is yes. They do float.

Classical Period in full swing. I thought Greece originally but now we went full Rome.
Somewhat unexpectedly, the Sirens are pony-sized (well, a bit longer, but decidedly thinner). I expected bigger.

Somewhat unexpectedly, the Sirens are pony-sized (well, a bit longer, but decidedly thinner). I expected bigger.

Maybe they grow in size the more mayhem they cause? I mean, that's kinda what happened in Rainbow Rocks, with the concert battle at the end, where all the ill feelings they were sowing in the crowd fed them so much magical energy they managed to transform back into their pony-fish-form... things, on a much bigger scale.

At least, that's the theory.

Classical Period in full swing. I thought Greece originally but now we went full Rome.
That would fit, actually; Rome nicked lots of cultural trappings off the Greeks in the early days anyway, in almost exactly the same way the British Empire and the United States nicked cultural trappings off Ancient Rome a few centuries later.

So the answer is yes. They do float.

Is that... Sweetie Belle in the background of the last panel, looking cross-eyed at them?

"BRING FORTH THE ROYAL COUCH!"

Although you do have to admit that defeating a world-threatening evil, discovering she's actually your ruler's little sister, and then falling in love and dating her anyways is a bit more impressive than marrying your high school sweetheart ;)

(Even if they had to fight off an invasion by emotion-eaters to get married...)

Back