Requisite pony thread (No creepers)

Banished to the Moon. There's only one thing left to do: take over the Moon!
Luna finds a dream factory and learns from the moon creatures.
Blunder: mentions Wonderbolts too early.
I find this oddly fitting, considering that the original "My Little Pony 'n Friends" used to include "Moondreamers" as part of its animated anthology. XD

Dang, I don't even remember Moondreamers.
Heck, I had never heard of them until a few years ago.
See, the original "My Little Pony 'n Friends" would air ten minutes of ponies, then ten minutes of "friends" (Moondreamers, Glo Friends, or Potato Head Kids)... in the US.
But when Israeli TV imported the show, it ditched the "friends" part, instead making 20-minute pony episodes by fusing two consecutive 10-minute episodes together (...which, to be frank, I consider an improvement). That's the reason why, growing up, I thought of "Magic Coins" as a two-parter rather than a four-parter...
...and why I always wondered about those weird potato-shaped characters I could see in the intro who never appeared in the actual show. XD

Heck, I had never heard of them until a few years ago.
See, the original "My Little Pony 'n Friends" would air ten minutes of ponies, then ten minutes of "friends" (Moondreamers, Glo Friends, or Potato Head Kids)... in the US.
But when Israeli TV imported the show, it ditched the "friends" part, instead making 20-minute pony episodes by fusing two consecutive 10-minute episodes together (...which, to be frank, I consider an improvement). That's the reason why, growing up, I thought of "Magic Coins" as a two-parter rather than a four-parter...
...and why I always wondered about those weird potato-shaped characters I could see in the intro who never appeared in the actual show. XD
yeah, making the episodes into half-hours instead of ten-minute shorts would be a big improvement. I vaguely remembered the Glo friends, though. Weird.

So... Bab's cutie mark is a pair of scissors? I guess that means she's good at being edgy.

*accepts the boos.*
Well, given that her special talent is being a barber now, being edgy would be an improvement. Edge Seed isn't much more nonsensical than Barb anyway.

You might say it'd give her en edge.

Sweet Celestia, that nightmare sequence got dark and terrifying.

Scarier is that the magic that kept on taking away the marks was Starlight's color. And the voice was hers, distorted. More importantly, it was going after all of the crusaders at the same time, giving them similar dreams trying to make them give up finding cutie marks.

I'm not saying 'Starlight has found a way to make ponies stop wanting cutie marks', but YEAAHGGGJDHBLE, that's terrifyingly possible!
If she is, she's failing since losing the mark made matters worse both times.

Also it'd mean it Starlight was Apple Bloom the whole time!

What at twist!

Last edited:
Reference to Babs Seed, who isn't dropping out of continuity. Plus Babs getting her cutie mark.
Short but sweet song.
Recursive nightmares for da bloom.
Big Mac talking, even if it's a dream.
Good showing by Luna.
Dream!Rarity giving Sweetie Belle a 1 when the other judges gave 0.
Scootaloo using lucid-dreaming to fly.
A good lesson.

Yup. An enjoyable CMC episode, all in all.

For Young Luna was made of freckles and genki.

Actually, I'd love to find out that the reason Luna doesn't come out during the day is because she breaks out in freckles EVERYWHERE from spending too much time at night.

Back