Quest Idea Thread

Same here. In the middle of my math homework last night, inspiration of a NSFW kind struck.
Yeah that happens to me too sometimes. Kind of annoying when I want to write something serious for crying out loud!

Same here. I want to work on my existing quests and empire game ideas, yet my mind keeps redirecting back to a crazy Strike Witches empire game concept whenever I want to be serious.

Not sure whether its my imagination rebelling, or if I just don't have creative stomach to run dark and serious games anymore.

Same here. I want to work on my existing quests and empire game ideas, yet my mind keeps redirecting back to a crazy Strike Witches empire game concept whenever I want to be serious.

Not sure whether its my imagination rebelling, or if I just don't have creative stomach to run dark and serious games anymore.
Maybe you just need a break for something more on the silly or at least less serious side of things.

Terminator X Puella Magi Magica Madoka
(Note: Completely spur of the moment/I have no idea what I'm talking about.)
It is the year 20whatever, meguca have finally achieved space travel and currently waging a war against the Incubators. Seeing that they have lost, they use Homura (Who have managed to fallen into their trap after convincing her that they had a way to make Madoka even happier.) to send a Witch back in time with one mission.

Kill Madoka Kaname.

After breaking in the Incubator base's inner core, they find Homura who transports one magical girl back on the same day but with a different mission. Save Madoka and prevent any further timelines be created/overwritten.

And that girl is Kyoko Sakura.

(NO IDEA HOW THIS WILL WORK/PLOT IS STUPID AS FUCK. JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE.)

I'm not saying I have the same kinda ideas abou.. oh wait.

'Flashback several quest idea pages ago'

I do have those kinds of quest ideas. Thankfully I've managed to make some progress on my Mystery Ideas... the epligoue part of the prologue arc...

Terminator X Puella Magi Magica Madoka
(Note: Completely spur of the moment/I have no idea what I'm talking about.)
It is the year 20whatever, meguca have finally achieved space travel and currently waging a war against the Incubators. Seeing that they have lost, they use Homura (Who have managed to fallen into their trap after convincing her that they had a way to make Madoka even happier.) to send a Witch back in time with one mission.

Kill Madoka Kaname.

After breaking in the Incubator base's inner core, they find Homura who transports one magical girl back on the same day but with a different mission. Save Madoka and prevent any further timelines be created/overwritten.

And that girl is Kyoko Sakura.

(NO IDEA HOW THIS WILL WORK/PLOT IS STUPID AS FUCK. JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE.)

Another idea.

The Ten Homuras (Inspired by The Ten Doctors)

In that infinitely short moment between watching the end, and rewinding to the beginning, time stopped. And there she saw herself. And another, and another. A quick count of the differing but easily recognizable versions of her self taking similar actions as they processes the situation ended up with nine other versions of her self sharing this infinite moment.

One was her at the start of her journey, glasses and moe intact.
The second her had a down trodden look that quickly cheered up with the sight of her other selves.
The third her seemed at ease with the situation, as if this had happened to her before.
The forth seemed very weary, as if an unimaginable weight was upon her.
The fifth seemed a bit different than herself, giving off an odd air with an almost devilish grin on her face.
The sixth her had an eye patch!? She wondered how that would've occurred with her time powers and the weak ability to regenerate all magical girls had.
The seventh looked almost exactly like how she looked when she looked in a mirror, a rare occasion these days. Resolved, and mysterious.
The eight her had a sword(?) instead of a her customary shield. What kind of wish did you make to have that happen?
The ninth shimmered and flickered, as if time had to keep reestablishing its grip on her. It was hard to make out her expression besides an odd smile.

So ten Homura's with either differing back stories or at different points of canon enter an infinite moment.
Why? A few of them might know. The question is which one will you pick, and will you try and go for crossover plans or just use ten Homura's to brute force the plot into a new end (And will the other Homura's listen to your plans?)

I kind of want to do a Halo Insurrection quest where you guys take control of a rebellion in the Outer Colonies. The quest would start near the beginning of the Insurrection, so around 2490, which means you'll have time to make some changes to canon before the Covenant War starts.

[ ] The Order of the Mantle
A enigmatic cult of fanatics utterly devoted to the worship of a long lost alien civilization and believe themselves to be the chosen successors of their gods. The Order sees the oppressive Unified Earth Government as a blasphemous perversion of the sacred duty left behind by the gods and will stop at nothing until all of humanity is united under their faith.
Pros:
-Extremely fanatical members
-Access to alien technology
Cons:
-Will not compromise their ideals
-Low public support

[ ] The Colonial Economic Coalition
A massive corporate alliance comprised of some of the most powerful Inner and Outer Colony business conglomerates opposed to the trade restrictions of the Unified Earth Government. They seek to topple the increasingly military dominated government and establish a puppet regime supportive of their business ventures.
Pros:
-Extremely wealthy corporate supporters
-Influence on UEG government
Cons:
-Depends mostly on paid mercenaries
-Infighting among members

[ ] The Assembly
A cabal of rogue Smart Artificial Intelligence who believe that Humanity is unfit to properly govern themselves and that their only hope for survival is AI Conversion. The Assembly will not stop until all of Humanity has been converted into Artificial Intelligence and are not concerned with anything short of complete Human extinction.
Pros:
-Widespread infiltration of UEG networks
-Can rapidly react to changing situations
Cons:
-Depends on unmanned drones
-Hated by most of Humanity and other AIs

[ ] First Colonial Congress
A colonial rights movement that eventually grew into a secessionist government led that controls several prominent Outer Colonies and has the support of many in Inner Colonies. he First Colonial Congress seeks to secede from the authority of the Unified Earth Government and will use force to defend themselves from military retaliation.
Pros:
-Widespread support in the Outer Colonies
-Sympathy of Inner Colonies
Cons:
-Disorganized and cumbersome leadership
-Easily infiltrated by spies

Last edited:
Has anyone done a Familiar Quest?

And no, I don't mean FoZ.

I mean an actual magical familiar, like a cat or an owl or whatever. You play as the little cute creature, and try to assist your mage/master/partner in a typical fantasy land.

Adventure/Action or Slice of Life, I was just wondering if we have any like that?

Has anyone done a Familiar Quest?

And no, I don't mean FoZ.

I mean an actual magical familiar, like a cat or an owl or whatever. You play as the little cute creature, and try to assist your mage/master/partner in a typical fantasy land.

Adventure/Action or Slice of Life, I was just wondering if we have any like that?
Closest to that I've come across for sure was in a game I ran one of my players was a familiar of an npc.

I have way too many ideas bouncing in my head so I'm going to vomit them up on here and see if people like any of them, might continue if I feel confident enough/have a system that will work with it.

.Hack - Alkaid - No idea on the system to run this with.

Two ways to play this I figure:
Demi-God: Involves Fem!Haseo, still flips out when Shino goes into her coma, but this time instead of essentially flipping Harold the bird and getting all restrictions on his character removed except Skeith which got sealed completely, she instead empathizes with him over having lost someone. She gets a little insight on and access to Skeith as well as what her male counterpart got in canon.

Now this means she got six months to play around with AIDA and her Epitaph with a little bit of a Harold given insight into it.

Now in comes Alkaid, someone who's going to be going up against multiple epitaph users in the Demon Tournament and who already survived getting hit by an Epitaph once already. Fem!Haseo finds her cute, more in the "D'aww, your snarling at me" way than anything else, and needs an experimental subject.

Copying Epitaphs is impossible, so Haseo didn't. She made something else, pretty much the equivalent of an AIDA seed for Epitaphs and Alkaid's the lucky one who gets to test it.

The idea is basically if Epitaph battles in the game are God vs. God or God vs. Monster, Alkaid is going to be in a Man vs God/Monster position.

AIDA Infected: There's a fanfic this is based off of, no idea where it is though. Pretty much in the fanfic Piros caught/attracted Alkaid's attention when she was going towards the Chaos gate to fall into the trap that got her data drained in the 2nd game. I on't remember how it happened, but he had written a program to try and find the guy leaving the Tri-edge marks everywhere... it kind of worked. Alkaid got it somehow and when she finally got to the address for the trap arrived to see Skeith going rage mode on Bordeaux in AIDA form.

Come the match, Haseo gets trapped again (or maybe not) only there's no Endrance, Alkaid takes the hit and goes berserk. She got infected, but has no AIDA core so... as far as I'm aware that never actually happens in canon except to Atoli who had her Epitaph core stolen. From there Haseo goes Skeith mode and data drains both of them. Alkaid ends up with a stable AIDA infection with her essentially acting like its Core, instead of it trying to turn her into one or retrieve one from elsewhere.

This one would probably dip into the real world somewhat as well.

Elsword- Eve - CK2 - (How do people figure out which options/come up with options to give their players. Especially coming up with stuff.)
Nasod Kingdom: CK2 style playing as Eve before the destruction of the Nasod Empire.

Nasod's are robots that vary from fairly obvious to almost completely humanoid.

A lot of my headcanon comes from another fanfic, really the only good sized fanfic for Elsword, but basically the power source for Nasod's is El, shards of a giant crystal that fell to the earth in ancient times and has protected the World since but was shattered and scattered across the World now, which is mined as the main resource for pretty much everything.

Play starts right as the El begins to weaken and no one knows why.

Setting consists of mostly humans being humans, Elves being seclusive, and Nasod living on a floating half-machine island.
MegaGirl Starforce - No idea on the system to use though, not even where to start really.

Alright, you're playing as Geo's sister. Now, this one has three possible starts:
-Canon-ish: You're the one that finds Omega-Xis or the other dude. Canon otherwise, the butterflies are fairly far off in this one, most likely anyway, (The Dice giveth and the Dice taketh away).

-Bass: "Your Father is Dead. In the Rage of your grief you find a Spirit; Old, Powerful, Wise, and so very Weary. In you it sees a spark, and in its Death, it passes it power unto you. What shall you do, child who has been Exalted by a God of the Old World?"

So, basically dad just died. MC goes from shock to Rage for her grieving and a very old and world-weary Bass.EXE finds her and passes his power on to her so he can finally die. Quest starts from there, a few years before Canon starts so you have time to screw with it if you wanted to.

-Zero: "Your Father is Dead. Your Rage sits in you, twisting and warping into something much worse. It is here The virus finds you. In you it finds a reflection of its incomplete self. You who have been gripped by insanity, hate, and Destruction, what will you do I wonder?"

Wily finished the Zero virus despite not having the funding to build the robot masters, but the cost was it'd take longer than he'd live. He built enough of it that another program could finish it, but it didn't work completely. Now an incomplete Zero virus runs across the network, looking for some way to be complete. Largely just comparable to an animal, at east until it infected you. It will be a long journey to subdue it, but the true question is will you want to, Harbinger of Destruction?

Medabots:
Ok this one is a bit of a sandbox. Basically you choose one of the medabots from the series (I would personally prefer Peppercat, but any of the ones that shows up somewhat often would be fine) and then go do what you want. Story still is happening though and you can interfere if you would want to. Like teaching Samantha to leave Ikki alone with her bullying if you're playing Peppercat, or just straight up stealing the spotlight.

The system would run by rolling 1d10 then applying any relevant stats or circumstances (like terrain, or damage modifiers) an facing them against an opponent's roll + stuff or the DC check for a trap or something.

Last edited:
I do have two quest Ideas:

1. A CK2 Quest built around a Sub-Faction of the TW3-ish era GDI running a Stargate Program, with the players taking command of the Actual Program...You'd get to choose your 'benefactor', it effecting what kindof organization you are and how many actions you get in each category...with a Base of one each, with each faction adding 2.(Ex. GDI Marine Corps; +2x Martial Actions)...

2. A full Sized Empire builder kinda working from what I used to do(that being a loose definition, these attempts usually failed), with starting out by choosing two things: First your root nation, and 2nd; your Interstellar History(the choices here would be effected by your first choice), and you'd end up at some point in the Star Wars Universe(subject to roll)...

[information=Thread unstickied]
As a heads up: I'm doing some housecleaning of the sticky threads in this forum. This thread is very active and I think will operate fine as an ordinary discussion thread, so it is one of the ones I have chosen to unsticky.
[/information]
If possible, I would ask that you reconsider. Even if the thread is very active right now, it does have it's times of dormancy, and every time it falls off the first page (Like, for example, right now, while it is actually being pretty active) increases the chances we're going to end up with multiple idea threads because someone either can't find or doesn't know this one exists. It also makes it harder for people to review the thread to find out if someone has posted an idea they like.

If possible, I would ask that you reconsider. Even if the thread is very active right now, it does have it's times of dormancy, and every time it falls off the first page (Like, for example, right now, while it is actually being pretty active) increases the chances we're going to end up with multiple idea threads because someone either can't find or doesn't know this one exists. It also makes it harder for people to review the thread to find out if someone has posted an idea they like.
Seconded.

Truth be told, I feel like it's the quieter threads that should be unstickied instead.

For example, my bbcode generator feels like it's pretty much obsolete now thanks to the threadmarks. Unless there are any complaints, it should be fine to unsticky that, I think.

Thirding motion to keep this thread stickied please.

Idea threads like this are one of the constants a person would prefer to rely upon to figure out what quest ideas and plans are trending or in development. If this falls off the front page, we're probably going to be ending up with a lot of different idea threads floating around like Happery says.

I support the motion to keep this thread stickied.

I'd rather not have a bunch of different idea threads floating around.

[X] First Colonial Congress
We'll be murrica! IN SPACE!
Also, no preference RE this thread being sticky or not.

Back