Quest Idea Thread

Cross-posting my idea from the wdango thread:

I'm very much considering running a HP Time Travel short!quest. I just realized how rare HP quests currently are, and I know both canon and fanon quite well.

Something like this: A broken time turner forces a character into spontaneous time jumps over the course of several in-story months. The only goal would be to survive with style until the time jumps wear off. Players may occasionally vote to see a 'present' POV, and find out the effects of their shenanigans.

Beware--the more changes made, the more fanon tropes may result.

Chargen options:
[X] The King
[X] The Cat
[X] The Failure
[X] The Romantic

Hello there, SVer! You're a small poster on SV with big ambitions. Can you knock off the three directors and take over sole possession of SV?

Doubt it will ever take off...

So, who are you?
A moderator?
A veteran?
A new guy?
Novus? :)

Last edited:
Hello there, SVer! You're a small poster on SV with big ambitions. Can you knock off the three directors and take over sole possession of SV?

Doubt it will ever take off...

So, who are you?
A moderator?
A veteran?
A new guy?
Novus? :)
The problem is that, to take over sole possession of SV, one also needs to shoulder the burden of actually paying for SV.....

...you know SV doesn't generate an income, right? It's nothing but a cost centre.

Not Lockhart, 'cause I'm not brave enough to use him as a protagonist.

Out of the guesses thus far, at least one, but no more than two, are correct. ;)

The Magical Time Travel Tour (HP Quest) is now up and running, starting with chargen. It'll be a relatively short quest. I've already designed several plotlines, but I'm sure players will find ways to derail everything. Hope to see y'all there!

How do other people come up with quest systems?

I ask because I sat down to throw some ideas on to paper and realised when I looked up an hour later that what I was writing down wasn't a forum quest system, it was a fucking tabletop RPG.

...so yeah. How much is too much, do you think, If one wants meaningful character stats/attributes/abilities in a system that can actually function as a quest. Any people who've run one before who care to comment?
...Motherfucker.

Now it's a bloody war game. Kind of. Turn-based strategy at the least.

Fuck it, anyone interested in a RWBY turn-based combat thingy? Be given an objective-based scenario and units types to pick from, position them, come up with the plan and then play it out?

Because goddamnit I have invested far too much time into this to not finish fleshing it out, so when I do, I might as well use it.

From the F.E.A.R. series. Don't remember the story there, but she has physic powers to make monsters and turn people insane, iirc.

...Motherfucker.

Now it's a bloody war game. Kind of. Turn-based strategy at the least.

Fuck it, anyone interested in a RWBY turn-based combat thingy? Be given an objective-based scenario and units types to pick from, position them, come up with the plan and then play it out?

Because goddamnit I have invested far too much time into this to not finish fleshing it out, so when I do, I might as well use it.

From the F.E.A.R. series. Don't remember the story there, but she has physic powers to make monsters and turn people insane, iirc.
I see.

Have you seen my quest, ID? Because... Well lol. You won the first vote.

After reading about Valten's undignified death in Warhammer End Times, I had an idea.
Why not let SV play him? Obviously I'm too lazy to actually run the thread, so I'm just casting the idea out into the metaphorical pond.
You play as Valten, Chosen of Sigmar. Right from childbirth, perhaps in a manner similar to Dragon of the North, though you'd obviously get buffed somewhat more since this is Warhammer. Bad shit's happening and the End Times are going down. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president beat Old Night's face in with your hammer and save the Empire?
You could probably also have a variety of potential backgrounds for Hammer Jesus, ranging from his canon 'Frodo Hammerwalker farmboy' background to being born as the son of an Elector Count. Each would give him different advantages and potential avenues in the war to come. Wanna go canon route and become essentially head of the Sigmarites while letting the Emperor retain ruling power? Would you rather reluctantly accept the cowl of saviordom, only doing it for the good of mankind? Maybe you'd like to pull a Magnus 2: Pious Harder? There are many scenarios I see that could develop, with the only sticking points being that you're the one Sigmar has chosen to be his champion on the mortal plane, and your name is Valten. Who knows where it could go from there?
You know you want to do it, SV.
You desire this.

Back