Quest Idea Thread

If it's a case of there basically two different games running on similar/same concepts/rules/system/etc then I
m fine with it. When you try and run the game with effectively two sides that aren't generally communicating much at all and that's not part of the gimmick...it's only going to turn out badly from my experiences/knowledge.

CK2 game in pre-Silver Millennium Sailor Moon verse. On one of the Jovian planets because reasons.

Also this is not something I could do. I would not be able to come up with options and stuff for the turns.

Jupiter: Large beyond comprehension, beasts that do not even notice you are there they are so large, lightning bolts large enough to fell them, and mountains large enough to tire them covering the planet. You may not be ants, you may even be able to fell beasts that you mistake for mountains, but it will be a hard life. Look to the Forests young ones, for the insects crawl in the millions, but at least they are a little smaller than you. Look to the Plains young ones, for only the smallest beasts will hunt you and the ground is fertile, beware the uncaring steps of those greater. Look to the Mountains young ones, for there is nothing to hunt you there, beware the Storms that will rip you from your feet and the little food that is there. Look to the Coasts young ones, for there is a bounty to be found there, beware for who knows what even greater beasts the darkness may hold.

One Girl born after it expires. A Great Behemoth, ground shattering and lightning striking with each step. An unstoppable Juggernaut.

Saturn: Somber, distant, respectful, warm. Death and Rebirth, the Grand Cycle, burned into their instincts. The boundaries between Life and Death are weak here, spirits can rise as easily as one breathes. Be careful speaking aloud, for you might find something answering back. There is just as much danger on this world from the animals and people as their spirits, if not more. But respect the Dead, cherish the Living, celebrate the Birth, and let go when your time comes and you may yet thrive young watchers of the Veil.

One Girl born when it fades from memory. A Specter, a Shadow, Death and Rebirth held in each hand.

Uranus: Speed. Nothing is more important on the wind swept plains and jagged mountains of this world. Whether it be to run down your prey or to outrun your predator nothing matters more than the primal dance, the beating of your heart, and the adrenalin flooding you from the moment you are born.

One Girl born when it can no longer run. A Predator, as fast as the wind, Queen of the Predators.

Neptune: Ocean as far as the eye can see. Little land is to be found here, but beneath the waves life thrives. Monsters of teeth and scale and fins. Beneath the waves you swim and hunt. This is a world of monsters, relishing in their own primal dance as they flow to and fro under the waves. But is this all you wish to be? Rise up young ones, hear the Music of the waves upon the shore and become more than you are.

One Girl born when it no longer rises from the Abyss. A Leviathan, one with the Great Ocean, pray they are calm when you cross its path.

There's invisitext in there for those who missed it.

Anyway... *Shrug* Its there if someone wants to try it.

Edit: Invisitext didn't work... I'm irritated now.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say you outright try to fuck the players over.

You adhere to the adversarial school of G/QMing, and you enjoy screwing with your players. But you're also a big believer in having a rapport with your players, which makes up for a lot. You enjoy freaking us out, but you don't (usually) seem to try to trick your players into screwing up so bad it kills the quest anymore.

Eh, not you.
You adhere to the adversarial school of G/QMing, and you enjoy screwing with your players. But you're also a big believer in having a rapport with your players, which makes up for a lot. You enjoy freaking us out, but you don't (usually) seem to try to trick your players into screwing up so bad it kills the quest
This is the truth. You don't try to spoon feed your players, but it's not like you actively go out of your way to ruin our days, either.

So I'm thinking about this quest and possibly made it:

Tenno Empire (Empire Quest) (Possibly Multi Cross-Over universe) (Working Title)

You are Tenno, a proud warrior race, awaken from your sleep. The one who awaken tell you to create an empire and protect the world from unknown force. Thus you and other Tenno create the empire. The universe will know it as Tenno Empire.

You start by creating your home, searching other Tenno, and conquering the planet. It's up for you how to run the empire. You can protect a village from bandits and ask them to join you, create an alliance with other nation, or you can declare a war against other nation.

After that you will go to space, conquering other planet.

I'm thinking to add more faction from Warhammer, Starcraft, Destiny, Halo, and many Science Fiction stories.

But I haven't decide the game system.

Last edited:
Inspired by both Truman Show, by a part of the Resident Evil Films, and the thread "What kind of Stupid Power is Heart Anyway?!"

"Tell me...what is a Monster?" Your mother ask's you as you get in bed for the night.

You are seven years old, and you believe that you are cursed.

"A monster...I don't know. Something scary I suppose...like the Zombies." You look up and feel her presence. Not your mother, but the other monsters.

"No honey....that is not a monster. Those are just rabid beasts....I can't tell you exactly what a real monster is, only how to find one." she says, tucking you in.

"Why?" you ask, as a book fell to the ground.

"Because everyone has to deal with their own monsters...some even call them demons...." the book lifts up off the ground, and moves back onto the shelf.

"There are two types of monsters. One is inside of everyone, the other is when people do evil things without remorse." The window cracked.

"Inside?" You ask, looking at the palm of your hand, which previously had blood all over it from yesterdays fight.

"Fear, Anger, Hate. They can control you if you don't keep them in check....but they are not the worst. The worst kind are the ones who do evil things." The window was mended, perfectly reflecting just enough for you to see the faint form of burning pocket of air in the reflection.

"Like Timmy...." You mutter, seeing Timmy eating the body of your best friend.

"No. Timmy was a Zombie, he had no control over himself. A monster would have done the same thing, but willingly." She gently chides.

"Why are you telling me this?" You ask, trying to forget about what happened.

"Because you have to know....it's been months since the last Zombie outbreak in the area, and you have to know the difference. Don't hate Timmy or the Zombies for what they do, it's not their fault. It's the Rouge Wisp's fault." She say's, and you sigh. Who could hate Wisps? They do so many cool things...

"Goodnight honey..." Your mother says, turning out the light.

Slowly, your room turns luminescent from a dozen Wisps.

The Wisps love you, and try to protect you, you have been been sure as to why, but the whole town was sure that you were bound to become some sort of monster.

You see, everything supernatural came from the Wisps, and occasionally they try to merge with humans. When a merge is successful, the two will become one person for a short while, the Wisps influence slowly disappearing, but leaving behind a special ability, physical trait, or some odd quirk.

Every waking moment of your life you have had a Wisp in you, sometimes as many as three. Not quite a record breaker, but if this kept up until you turned ten then you would have shattered the record by a year.

You could float for a short while, you could sense electricity, you could see heat, you were double jointed, you had the ability to move your hair slightly...

You had dozens of tiny, mostly useless abilities, even if floating was useful, it hurt when you woke up doing it on accident.

Everyone had huge expectations for him, or feared him. People were saying he was going to be the next S-Ranked Slayer.

Slayers were heroes, one man (Or women.) armies that were basically used as WMD's. They would be dropped into an enemy nation, and bring it down.

The powers were supposed to become ten times stronger when he was finished with puberty, so he was encouraged by the government to use all of them as much as possible.

Sensing electricity would become something like manipulating electricity, seeing heat would become manipulating heat. Double jointed could become any number of things...hair movement was feared to become necromancy.

And Zombies were a really bad thing.

But there was something you never understood....

Why the dome?

You look out your window, and you sigh. Everyone tells you there is no dome, but your heat vision can see as far as your normal eyes could.

And there was a solid wall of heat around the city, the center meeting directly in the center of the city. You checked.

The wisps could not talk to you directly, and they had a hard time figuring out messages, but they confirmed that the city was in a shell of some sort.

The Sky? Faker then in it was in Chicken Little.

You needed to escape.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Change POV

-0-0-0-0-0-0-

You don't know how old you are. You don't care.

Humanity has been at war with the aliens for over a hundred years, they never run out of resources and our planet was not important enough to just crush.

The moment you were old enough to stand up and hold a rifle, you were on the battlefield, collecting Wisps and using them with the Re-Claim device, spending the Wisp in your body to gain powers. Apparently only younger people can survive having a Wisp put in their body, any older then fifteen would kill someone and turn them into a zombie.

You fought and you killed, both man and Alien an Zombie.

Zombies were the worst. You did not have to be bit or scratched to be infected, you just had to be close enough to one long enough, the Wisps essence spreads due to rejecting the body, and tries to latch on to other people.

The only saving grace was that Zombies had a cap limit to how many they can infect, and each time you killed one you sent that part of the Wisp to the afterlife.

You are told you are seven years old, and you scoff. You have over fifty powers, and you are going to be getting more.

The cost of the Re-Claim device was that powers were only doubled, but they allowed you to collect more, faster, but rolling the dice each time, risking becoming a zombie.

You shoot another gray alien with your rifle, and you throw a knife at a cloaked ally, and apologize quickly.

Thank god you gained the ability to feel the wind, nothing can sneak up on you.

It was Timmy, he had the ability to turn invisible, he scout and you would kill. He should have learned by now trying to sneak up on you would get him killed.

Timmy had a very low compatibility with Wisps, and was told to quit using them after his third one. He also could double his strength, and was able to control things like rope or chains, assuming they were thick enough.

You shoot another alien, and reload. Your vast array of powers allowing you to pretty much know where everything was withing a mile. They never stopped coming.

You would never stop shooting, but there had to be a way to end this without biting a bullet or getting killed.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-

The world was at peace, everything was perfect.

Nothing seemed to ever go wrong....

You frown, that was, of course, an incredible lie. He was already entering puberty early because of some sort of drug they have been giving him.

The worlds population was about five hundred women to one man. You didn't understand it, but that made you very valuable. Every few weeks some doctor would come by, put a needle in your arm, and you would wake up an hour later.

You were consistently being embarrassed by the girls in school, and the few guys were always angry at you. Your one male friend, Timmy, was in the hospital being treated for something. Some girl attacked him when he said he didn't like her.

Boys were not allowed to have Wisps, but all the girls were. Too dangerous apparently.

Granted, he already bonded with two Wisps before, but that was kept secret. He could change his eye color, and he could make things slow down.

That last one helped him a lot, especially with tests in school.

You visit Timmy, and discover that he had his lower legs burnt off. He was no longer considered an asset by the government for some reason, and the hospital bills were not going to be covered.

The girl that attacked him disappeared, and you find out that she was publicly executed.

This pretty much convinces you that you want nothing to do with this place, and you have to escape.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

You have the Persecuted Protagonist future assist.

The Child Soilder

And the future Harem Protagonist.

They are clones of the same person, and they all want to escape.

Basically this entire setting is a future Hollywood.

Everyone is being filmed in an established setting, and you are the main character in several of them.

Wisps are the souls of those who came before you, dead clones of yourself.

You are a popular character, but in many settings you died. Some pathetic, some heroically.

There are only fifty clones of you still alive, and there is a massive movement to free you all, but at the same time there is a larger movement to keep the franchise going.

They are also using your genetic samples to harvest powers, so they can give people super powers as a market base.

Vote the next action for each character:

Outcast:
[ ] Run away to the edge of the Dome.
[ ] Exercise powers
[ ] Write in

Solider:
[ ] Capture Alien Tech to find way out
[ ] Exercise powers
[ ] Write in

Harem:
[ ] Exercise powers alone...we can't meet the same fate as Timmy.
[ ] Invite more Wisps in
[ ] Try to make new friends with the Girls
[ ] Write in

Remember, they are Seven Years Old.

What the fuck. Just... what the hell are you smoking and where can I get some man? How did you come up with this?

After listening to too many Lovecraft remixes of classic holiday songs, an idea popped into my head.

Cthulhu Mythos Dynasty Quest. It'd offer so much freedom for who you wanted to play as - Deep Ones? Yith? Elder Thing refugees? Cultists to some great old one or another? Puny humans? Something in the Dreamlands? If I weren't so lazy I'd make it myself, but I'm really lazy. Still might - at least I'll remember the idea. It'd be an interesting one indeed if you could pull it off successfully.

Here's an idea I'm considering running if there's enough interest.I doubt there'll be much though.
----
You are a wizard of not completely pathetic power, and have decided to get the heck out of dodge and try and bunker down. Thanks to the various gem wars the university you were studying at(12/60 semesters done) and home town were destroyed. Luckily you were able to make it out of both attacks with various resources, but most important of all you were able to get the info on how the hell these people are making these towers, monsters and gems.

Now it's down to you to survive or fight back, the choices are your and yours alone.

Primary goal:
[] Survive, your goal(and those who followed you) is to just try and survive all these wars- can bunker down more effectively, start out with either amplifier towers or spell shrines, cost to build traps/towers less and can avoid paying mana by way of skilled labour. Starting mana pool - 200, base mana recovery - 20, two gem colors accessible at start, 1 free lvl 1 gem at start.
[] Strike back, the goal of you and your allies is to try and take down as many of these other gem users as possible - can build mooks easier/faster, base building is more costly/slower, can steal enemy resources from bases. Starting mana pool - 400, base mana recovery - 15, one gem color accessible at start.
[] Figure things out, you don't know what the best path to take here is, but maybe it's just in trying to figure things out. - Can research faster, no malus'. Starting mana pool - 100, base mana recovery - 40, three gem colors accessible at start, 2 free lvl 1 gem at start.

Starting gem color(s):
[] Black (become more powerful with every kill, medium-BS damage)
[] Blue (temporary slowdown, medium damage)
[] Cyan (shock, temporary paralysis, medium damage)
[] Green (temporary poison damage, slightly below medium damage)
[] Lime (chance to hit multiple targets for full damage, slightly below medium damage)
[] Orange (drain mana from target for mana pool, medium damage)
[] Purple (decrease effects of armor, low damage)
[] Red (splash damage, medium/ very low)
[] White (become more powerful with each mana pool upgrade, medium-BS damage)
[] Yellow (chance to triple damage, medium damage)
[] Turquoise (suppresed healing, temporary stops ability to heal, low damage)
[] Gold (chance to critical, medium damage)

Starting resources(25 points):
[] More than plenty of rations - 3 points - if only you then it's good for two years, if allies are with you then it's good for half a year.
[] Books I - 2 points - You were able to also grab alot of books, not sure what, but you have them.
[] Books II - 4 points - You were able to grab a bunch of books, mostly just useful for taking care of yourself though.
[] Books III - 6 points - You grabbed a damn lot of books, the majority of the magical books you could get your hands on.
[] Allies I - 2 points - Some people decided to follow you, mostly farmers and other civilian folk.
[] Allies II - 3 points - A fair few people followed you, all sorts of people skilled in many trades
[] Allies III - 5 points - A large number of people followed you, a number of your fellow students and warriors/militiamen
[] Base(mountain) - 2 points - Your base is a mountain, plenty of mineral wealth, bad farming, good view of things.
[] Base(old keep) - 2 points - Not much room, good sturdy walls, in the middle of a forest clearing.
[] Base(ruined fort) - 2 points - Lots of room, easy to defend, need to repair and clear out remains, in the middle of a field.
[] Base(small fleet of boats) - 1 points -Space is precious, traps are less useful, mobile, have to build ships to gain more room.
[] Some artifacts- (1-3) points - you got a few artifacts, could be anything from the easy tunnel stick to the infinite cupcake box. The higher the value the better you get
[] Some tools- (1-3) points -you were able to take a few tools with you
[] Random box - * points -It's the random box, it's random. Could be anything in there, from a rusty old broken screw to the omnihiliator of ultra-miteness.

[X] Strike back
[X] Green
[X] More than plenty of rations
[X] Allies III
[X] Base mountain
[X] Books III
[X] Some artifacts III
[X] Some tools III

Back