Project Ludovico

How did I not notice this exists.

On the subject of After Earth: it has a prequel novel which actually makes the Ursas make some measure of sense.

[IRISH FIDDLES INTENSIFY]
Anything with spaceships in is better than things without spaceships. truefax
he threatens her with a live eel
That eel doesn't look too happy about it either.
"Ohhh I'm so effete with my wig and foundation and pompousness"​
The only powder in the hair of a pirate queen should be powder sent her way. (By poor and ragged sailor-men aboard the Nancy-o!)
I've seen everything, its whether DissMech has seen it :V
I'd suggest Wizard of Speed and Time, but it's actually pretty good, if a bit trippy.

For bad-but-fun, I figure you can't go wrong with Congo (Ernie Hudson does not disappoint), assuming that's on the list of viable options. *has to go through DVD collection for other ideas*

I would also recommend Dog Soldiers, just for being one of I think two, maybe three, horror films I've seen where the protagonists don't deserve to die due to their own stupidity.

For a new recomendation, I don't know if you two like the genre but what about Infernal Affairs ? I think it is still better in certain ways then the american remake, even if that one is also surprisingly good for one.

Okay, this thread has turned out to be amusing. Can't wait for more godawful. Being Athene is suffering, but at least she can push through it, laugh at the idiocy, and make us laugh alongside her.

I got a movie recommendation for Dame Athene.

The Bay.

Yes, I know, found footage flick, boo, hiss, throw things at me.

I actually liked it, differing POVs, and somewhat justified for all the cameras,

Eh, tried too hard, as sequels to bad movies are wont to do.
Exactly, especially if there's a naïve innocence to said bad film- how the guy behind it just isn't aware of standard filmmaking convention, or how his/her ideas seem good on paper, but the way they're put on screen just fall flat or hilariously backfire.

And if they become aware of how people percieve their film and go along with it, that innocence is lost and we end up with something that just falls flat instead of hitting that "so bad, it's good" sweet spot.

Exactly, especially if there's a naïve innocence to said bad film- how the guy behind it just isn't aware of standard filmmaking convention, or how his/her ideas seem good on paper, but the way they're put on screen just fall flat or hilariously backfire.

And if they become aware of how people percieve their film and go along with it, that innocence is lost and we end up with something that just falls flat instead of hitting that "so bad, it's good" sweet spot.
I dunno, I have received the impression that the Sharknado sequels are as "good" as the original?

Speaking of which, what this thread needs is some Syfy Originals

So I decided to contribute to the fund, even if my Paypal is also inexplicably in my deadname..... > : (

Anyway,
I enjoy your product and/or service and would like to subscribe to your newsletter/(patreon?)

Alright, going to be cranking out some updates but if anyone would like to support the Project we have a patreon that's still under construction and PayPal if anyone thinks "That was entertaining and I would like to see more"

Also going to set like, funding levels and rewards on there as soon as I can figure out appropriate ones.

Last edited:
$7:15 a week

Will add more if Job schedule becomes permanent

Also going to set like, funding levels and rewards on there as soon as I can figure out appropriate ones.
I can't admit to an extensive knowledge of Paetreons, but I'd suggest you have the basic level, where as a benefit you can suggest movies to be watched (within reason or with your veto), another tier where patrons can vote for what movies they want to see out of the suggested movies, and the one more tier where they can pick and make you watch one movie per month (with your veto, of course).

I think, unless everyone in this thread goes for tier 3, that would leave you enough space to watch movies you want to while also monetizing the fact people have movies they want you to watch.

So ladies, I'm wondering... Have either of you experienced Lars Von Trier before? Or perhaps Harmony Korine?

I think the real joy would be trying to review Nymph()maniac without breaking the rules :V

"She performs a graphic sex act while her future self discusses how it's like fly fishing"

that's not even a fucking joke that literally happens
You know, sure, this sounds like a challenge.

Back