Pathfinder Campaign: Here, There Be Dragons.

A shame I can't help, I'm going on a 2 hour drive now, should be handled by then and I'm decent at those rolls!

Just noticed that we have an Evil Party member! Lawful Evil Verath. hahahaha.
Underworld Dragons, we're all LE down here.

Fortunately, the only alignment restriction was "must be able to work with the group," and Verath is quite happy with more pragmatic routes to power.

The best villains are the ones who convince everyone they're a hero.

Spellcraft it is, at +17

Edit: 35!

Yeah, you can do that. It's basically the magical equivalent of fighting holding your sword upside down - straightforward but pointless. You can do it for enchantment and conjuration spells and abilities with a DC 25 Concentration check, or for other spells and abilities with a DC 35 concentration check.

Last edited:
Underworld Dragons, we're all LE down here.

Fortunately, the only alignment restriction was "must be able to work with the group," and Verath is quite happy with more pragmatic routes to power.

The best villains are the ones who convince everyone they're a hero.
You're a PC, you don't have to be your races usual alignment. I'm CG, when Silvers are LG. Justified with 'eccentric' (read: Benevolent Anarchist) family.

Also, what XP progression are we using? Slow, Med, Fast?

medium or fast. I'll tell you when I figure out the XP you get from this encounter.

Perhaps, but I'd rather avoid being the token good member of a normally evil race.
That's why I have my family, so I'm not the only exception. Their was a lovely Homebrew I found a while a go that specified the percentage of a race that would not be of an alignment, with less the further away you are, and how strongly your race was that. Archytypes like Archons are entirely LG in that system due to how stongly their race is.

Also, forgot that I have the trapfinder class skill, which lets me add 4 to DD checks. Would have had 27 with my first check then. Oops. Which, if my suspision is correct, would have let me open the lock (I think its average DC)

That's why I have my family, so I'm not the only exception. Their was a lovely Homebrew I found a while a go that specified the percentage of a race that would not be of an alignment, with less the further away you are, and how strongly your race was that. Archytypes like Archons are entirely LG in that system due to how stongly their race is.

Also, forgot that I have the trapfinder class skill, which lets me add 4 to DD checks. Would have had 27 with my first check then. Oops. Which, if my suspision is correct, would have let me open the lock (I think its average DC)

Oh, yeah that would have done it. You'll get it open next attempt. You might want to worry about the collar and the tentacles first, though.

Oh, yeah that would have done it. You'll get it open next attempt. You might want to worry about the collar and the tentacles first, though.
I'm going to open the lock, but not open the cage door, then deal with the collar. This means that if all else fails, I can just fly out of the cage, draging it along with me. And my plan for the tentalces is to just wait for them to vanish. It's honestly the easiest way of dealing with that spell.

Also, Ancestor Worship is a vaild deity, right?

Last edited:
I'm going to open the lock, but not open the cage door, then deal with the collar. This means that if all else fails, I can just fly out of the cage, draging it along with me. And my plan for the tentalces is to just wait for them to vanish. It's honestly the easiest way of dealing with that spell.

Also, Ancestor Worship is a vaild deity, right?

Sure. You'd need to give me more details if you wanted to take that as a cleric or paladin, but for a general character sure that's fine.

Can we get a cage order and distance in case we wish to help each other

It's a webapp for RPG's, with a built in battle map and everything. I'll post screenshots if you can't actually access it for some reason.

@Angle : Oh, hey, was the 16 enough to get turned around? Because taking more than 1 round per bar will take a while to tear through that case, but if I can take the chain and the lock...

Also, filled out some basic backstory, etc, so sheet is basically done! Yay!

Last edited:
Can I at least be next to estros Dragon?

Edit: A yes or no changes my plans before I post IC.

Possibly. I'm gonna roll dice for that, so we'll see. You'll be fairly close regardless of how things end up, however.

@Angle : Oh, hey, was the 16 enough to get turned around? Because taking more than 1 round per bar will take a while to tear through that case, but if I can take the chain and the lock...

Also, filled out some basic backstory, etc, so sheet is basically done! Yay!

Yeah, that's enough to turn you around.

I just realized that I, at least, forgot a favored class bonus. Not sure who else did too. Can we use the human bonus, since there aren't any written for FUCKMOTHERING DRAGONS? :p

Also, hype hype, Path of War: Expanded is getting more new content by the week. One of the old class updates adds a choice of two Disciplines to the Warlord, and for archetypes, adds Riven Hourglass to the Steelfist Commando.

Need to decide on a few swaps here because riven hourglass + dragon = hilarity. I'm even thinking of moving a couple feats and specializing in TWF with fists. Its actually not that great of a choice in dragon form, since it makes my natural attacks secondary (and thus, 1/2 str and 1/2 PA bonus), but I'm okay there, and I do also get plenty of flat damage bonuses to make up for that. More importantly, it makes me a dragon that boxes the shit out of people which is the important part.

Last edited:
I just realized that I, at least, forgot a favored class bonus. Not sure who else did too. Can we use the human bonus, since there aren't any written for FUCKMOTHERING DRAGONS? :p

Also, hype hype, Path of War: Expanded is getting more new content by the week. One of the old class updates adds a choice of two Disciplines to the Warlord, and also adds Riven Hourglass to the Steelfist Commando.

Need to decide on a few swaps here because riven hourglass + dragon = hilarity. I'm even thinking of moving a couple feats and specializing in TWF with fists. Its actually not that great of a choice in dragon form, since it makes my natural attacks secondary (and thus, 1/2 str and 1/2 PA bonus), but I'm okay there, and I do also get plenty of flat damage bonuses to make up for that. More importantly, it makes me a dragon that boxes the shit out of people which is the important part.
I sort of assumed that Dragons will not have rouges as a favoured class :p

I sort of assumed that Dragons will not have rouges as a favoured class :p

Its not race dependent.

A character can choose any class as favored.

Hell a dragon rogue would probably have some alternate favored class bonus to lower size penalty to stealth maybe 1/3 levels or something.

Back