Pathfinder Campaign: Here, There Be Dragons.

is the tent made of a solid material? Because if not, I will go through with it.

Nah it's made of fabric. You gonna try and bust right through?

Absolutely. Can I fly with my claws in front of me for any bonus that might incur?

Last edited:
You struggle against the tentacles but fail to free yourself. Then the crystal dragon in the corner lets loose a sonic shriek, doing 24 damage to you with a DC 18 reflex save for half, weakening your cage, and shattering the chain you had bitten partially through.
Time to Reflex
Also attempting to break the grapple once more!
Thozmp threw 1 20-faced dice. Reason: Reflex + 11 Total: 6
6 6
Thozmp threw 1 20-faced dice. Reason: Break Grapple! Total: 15
15 15
Thozmp threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Tentacle damage? +4 Total: 1
1 1

Last edited:
So, a reflex save, and a Disable Device check to cause the cage to fall apart. It should be easier now it's weaker, right?

So, a 25 on my disable device, failed the reflex and got an additional 5 points of damage from the tentacles. Vadim is not a happy bunny.
Estro threw 1 20-faced dice. Reason: Reflex +13 Total: 3
3 3
Estro threw 1 20-faced dice. Reason: Disable Device +14 Total: 11
11 11
Estro threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Tentacle damage Total: 1
1 1

Last edited:
Okay, going to use Flurry Strike again with a double bite with full PA to the cage to break it. That's 3d6+21 twice. Then use a move action to fly over the caster, so she can't move anywhere without provoking AoOs. Saving the Swift to use Fear The Reaper or Unbreakable.

Edit: So 31 damage each should finish off the cage with the lowered DR.
Edit: Oh, forgot the DC15 hover check.
HIMP_Dahak threw 6 6-faced dice. Reason: Attack 1 and 2, 3 dice each. Total: 20
1 1 6 6 3 3 3 3 5 5 2 2
HIMP_Dahak threw 1 20-faced dice. Reason: +8 Fly Total: 17
17 17

Last edited:
Time for lighting not!Asari on double secret fire. DC 18 reflex for half damage, half damage for immunity to fire, resistance is reduced by 10.

21 incoming damage. It probably won't be a lost but I think we can milk the the "Holy shit I'm on fire and it hurts" reaction that devil is going to have for some fun stuff.
samdamandias threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Double Secret Fire Total: 4
4 4
samdamandias threw 3 10-faced dice. Reason: Double Secret Fire Total: 17
9 9 2 2 6 6

Last edited:
I can heal* two levels from now!

* Translation: can add any non-sorcerer/wizard spell to my spellbook at one level higher than it is, and may as well collect one of the Cure Wounds spells or something

Darththrawn are you like a convert spell to power dude except with magic?
Nah, just an Arcanist who plans to go take Arcane Savant instead of one of the fun prestige classes (by which I mean Darkfire Adept) that would probably get him killed for being too obviously evil.

At every level but the first, an Arcane Savant can... actually I'm just going to paste from the SRD.
Esoteric Magic (Ex)

At each class level beyond 1st, the arcane savant chooses a spell from any class's spell list and thereafter treats it as if it were on the spell list of his base spellcasting classes; if his base class could not normally cast that spell, it is treated as 1 level higher. The spell's type (arcane or divine) and save DCs function as normal for his base spellcasting class. All other restrictions of his normal spellcasting class apply. This ability does not allow other spellcasters to prepare, cast, or use spell trigger or spell completion items of esoteric spells (such as a sorcerer using a cure light wounds scroll).

Last edited:
Golgarthan takes a sonic screech to the face, altogether more angry then ever before, and tries to get rid of the tentacles once again!(Break grapple: 30) And flying out reach should he be able to.

You can't fly yet as the cage stops you from spreading your wings. (Imperial dragons don;t have wings and fly as a (Su) ability, but you're not an imperial dragon) You wanna try and break the cage?

You can't fly yet as the cage stops you from spreading your wings. (Imperial dragons don;t have wings and fly as a (Su) ability, but you're not an imperial dragon) You wanna try and break the cage?
Sorry for being late on this, can I break the cage and break the grapple?

Yeah, you can break the grapple as a standard action and break the cage as a move action.
Well alright then. I'll change my IC post.

Also, do you think you could put a link between the two in the opening posts? One here going to the IC and one there linking to this thread?

(Minor edit: Forgot to increase damage die on unarmed attacks from 1d6->1d8, since he's Large size)

Alright, Isilian 5ft steps down to the ground, landing.

He then uses his swift action to activate the boost Brass Knuckle for +2d6 to each attack and ignoring DR.

He uses a full-round action to Full Attack, without using power attack, for a Bite +13 (2d6+12+3d6), Tail +13 (1d8+12+3d6), and Unarmed/Unarmed/Unarmed/Unarmed TWF +13/+8/+13/+8 for (1d8+8+3d6 for the first two, and 1d8+4+3d6 for the off hand two).

As a free action he acts haughty again.

Edit: Actually a lot of probable misses in that, so I'll let you roll damage. Bad luck on that attack ;-;
HIMP_Dahak threw 6 20-faced dice. Reason: Attack Bite, Tail, 13/8/13/8 Total: 60
3 3 19 19 9 9 3 3 9 9 17 17

Last edited:
Ok, so I'm going to escape the grapple, which is a Combat Manoeuvre bonus check, opposed by the tentacles CMD. If I do, i will attempt to fly directly up, as high as I can, which is a DC 20 fly check for attempting to fly up at a greater than 45 degree angle. My CMB is +8, and my fly is +17.

So my CMB check is a total of 25, while I critically failed to fly up. I needed three. three. I had a 90% chance of sucess. The dice hate me. Ehh, I can still fly up at a 45 degree angle, as that requires no check~.
Estro threw 1 20-faced dice. Reason: CMB, +8 Total: 17
17 17
Estro threw 1 20-faced dice. Reason: Fly, +17 Total: 1
1 1

Last edited:
Just want to check, but do the Devils count at Slavers/hostage takers for the purpose of my perk Freedom Fighter?

Back