Marvel Phase 4

movieweb.com

‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ Merchandise Leak Confirms Sharon Carter's Fate

While Sharon Carter is slated to appear in the Disney+ series, looks like her present is still affected by her past.

In case anyone is asking, yes Sokovia Accord is still in effect post snap, but the clues were all there. Cap spends his time as a counsellor rather than as an Avenger agent and likely spent time in prison to atone. Thor became a recluse who gained weight and Tony was busy raising his kids. The only exception was Hawkeye but Nat was covering his tracks.

I knew that there was no way Falcon, Sharon or Bucky would be forgiven, for all intents they somehow went off the grid in the snap and Ross believe they just disappeared.

movieweb.com

‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ Merchandise Leak Confirms Sharon Carter's Fate

While Sharon Carter is slated to appear in the Disney+ series, looks like her present is still affected by her past.

In case anyone is asking, yes Sokovia Accord is still in effect post snap, but the clues were all there. Cap spends his time as a counsellor rather than as an Avenger agent and likely spent time in prison to atone. Thor became a recluse who gained weight and Tony was busy raising his kids. The only exception was Hawkeye but Nat was covering his tracks.

I knew that there was no way Falcon, Sharon or Bucky would be forgiven, for all intents they somehow went off the grid in the snap and Ross believe they just disappeared.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bucky and Falcon got a pardon due to saving the universe from Thanos.

The main problem I'm seeing is that disney has no idea what they want out of a post endgame mcu. Instead of capping it off (so to speak" at far from home, we risk a "one more day" adaptation.

Going by what they've announced so far looks like they do have an idea of what they want.
Feels like people keep speculating and take the fact that now that we don't have an arc as clear and obvious as "confront Thanos" as evidence they don't have any plans.

Going by what they've announced so far looks like they do have an idea of what they want.
Feels like people keep speculating and take the fact that now that we don't have an arc as clear and obvious as "confront Thanos" as evidence they don't have any plans.
Hmm, looking at the lineup for Phase 4, I have a feeling that Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is going to be the first movie where we get a good idea of the arc of Phase 4/future Phases outside of post-credits scenes.

Black Widow's a prequel set before her death in Endgame, Shang-Chi is probably focused on setting him up and maybe introducing the actual Mandarin, Eternals is introducing them and what they're about, and i have no idea what Spider Man 3 is about atm, so maybe that could reveal a lot of stuff about the overall arc.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bucky and Falcon got a pardon due to saving the universe from Thanos.

If Sharon didn't get one, I don't think Ross is gonna forgive Bucky and Falcon so quickly. The "Who will wield the Shield" campaign aims to smear Falcon and Bucky as unworthy of being Captain America and using the Snap as an argument going "We brought back everyone lost to the Snap/What about the ones killed indirectly by the Snap, the suicides, the sudden crashes when the drivers got dusted?" as well as general resentment from people who wanted to die from the Snap coming back like Sokovians

Last edited:
If Sharon didn't get one, I don't think Ross is gonna forgive Bucky and Falcon so quickly. The "Who will wield the Shield" campaign aims to smear Falcon and Bucky as unworthy of being Captain America and using the Snap as an argument going "We brought back everyone lost to the Snap/What about the ones killed indirectly by the Snap, the suicides, the sudden crashes when the drivers got dusted?" as well as general resentment from people who wanted to die from the Snap coming back like Sokovians

To be fair, she wasn't in the final fight, so I don't see why she'd get a pardon, when Bucky and Falcon might get one. And man, i already think it's unreasonable for Ross to blame what happened at the beginning of Civil War on Cap's team, if he starts to blame the snap on the avengers, that's just a bridge to far.

Well the entire point of Ross is he's an unreasonable control freak who takes things too far

Well the entire point of Ross is he's an unreasonable control freak who takes things too far

yes, but the audience has to be somewhat sympathetic with him, as they were in Civil War. If he's going "You're reponsible for 3.5 billion murders because you didn't stop Thanos, and I don't care if you brought them back to life, you're going to fry for this!" then I don't see how that doesn't cross the line from unreasonable to cartoonish super villainy (yes, I know it's a comic book movie, but the MCU movies have been relatively grounded for being comic book movies. He's General Ross, not Serpentor)

yes, but the audience has to be somewhat sympathetic with him, as they were in Civil War. If he's going "You're reponsible for 3.5 billion murders because you didn't stop Thanos, and I don't care if you brought them back to life, you're going to fry for this!" then I don't see how that doesn't cross the line from unreasonable to cartoonish super villainy (yes, I know it's a comic book movie, but the MCU movies have been relatively grounded for being comic book movies. He's General Ross, not Serpentor)

It's more like "You went missing for five years Wilson and Barnes. The general public can care less about what happened after Vienna and Wakanda but the upper brass don't care. They believed that you use the Blip to go off the Grid and we are still looking for the woman who helped you get your stuff back. So you are going to listen to me or there is gonna be someone who can follow orders to take the shield from you.

Hence the Who will Wield the Shield line. Because US Agent reeks of the same nationalist fervor that tries to lie people into believing everything is normal when it's not.

Last edited:
There is a way to make Ross blaming the Snap on the Avengers understandable. From Ross's perspective, Steve and the rest of Cap's side not playing ball with the Sokovia Accords was the reason the Avengers were split into two different groups, and why the first fight against Thanos was so disastrous.

If they had all hands on deck the first time around, it might not have ended so badly. It's not necessarily correct, and puts a lot of the blame on Steve's side but it makes sense for Ross of all people to hold that view.

Last edited:
There is a way to make Ross blaming the Snap on the Avengers understandable. From Ross's perspective, Steve and the rest of Cap's side not playing ball with the Sokovia Accords was the reason the Avengers were split into two different groups, and why the first fight against Thanos was so disastrous.

If they had all hands on deck the first time around, it might not have ended so badly. It's not necessarily correct, and puts a lot of the blame on Steve's side but it makes sense for Ross of all people to hold that view.
It was said by the Russo's that Ross's daughter Betty was one of those dusted by the Snap, could have that be why he holds a grudge, could have it said, they were reconnecting when that happened.

It's the MCU from IW on that's not canon to AoS :p ;)
Also a non-hijab wearing Christian as a hijab-wearing friend of Ms Marvel and an alleged sexual predator - who is specifically described as preying on teenage girls - as a character in a show about... teenage girls. Brilliant.
Is that one or two people?

Back