Madara Campione Quest

As in how could he function as anbu solo? Well he could shadow clone a full team into place and command them from there and his powers are so outsized compared to a normal group he'd equalize it out pretty quick.

Or how would it restrict his enforcers? If we were going for pure anbu theme that would leave out a boat load of ranged weapons, modern communications, etc

I thought Orochimaru was searching for the Sword of Totsuka? So it apparently existed before Itachi somehow.

I reread the chapter just now where they mention it. It seems like (assuming the translation I read was correct) Orochimaru was searching for it but never found it since it's a magical spirit sword that's connected to Itachi's susanoo.

I reread the chapter just now where they mention it. It seems like (assuming the translation I read was correct) Orochimaru was searching for it but never found it since it's a magical spirit sword that's connected to Itachi's susanoo.

Yeah, but doesn't that still mean knowledge of the sword existed before Itachi? If it was only ever usable by Itachi, wouldn't it be a complete unknown?

Unless there's some kind of divination bullshit going on.

As in how could he function as anbu solo? Well he could shadow clone a full team into place and command them from there and his powers are so outsized compared to a normal group he'd equalize it out pretty quick.

Or how would it restrict his enforcers? If we were going for pure anbu theme that would leave out a boat load of ranged weapons, modern communications, etc
Not really. Abu use radios and useful modern gear or the Ninja equivalents. They snipe too. Basically super spec ops. Silinced guns and magi equivalents included.

I vaguely recall some advanced communication technologies used in Naruto and some shizo-tech automatic kunai-launchers; such things shouldn't be unknown and/or outside of doctrine, I think?

It was awhile, though since I Naruto anything, I wouldn't be surprised if I accidentally fanon.

The current best idea was flying thunder god. A more passive longer duration authority allows you to cloak yourself with lightning boosting offensive capability and speed and allowing for innate seal less shape manipulation of lightning. Locks out other elements while in use. Can also be used as one massive attack with a long recovery period.

I think that sounds like what we'd want while also not being a carbon copy of Black Lightning. Getting godspeed is something everyone rather likes the idea of, considering the Sharingan make it much more useable. Restricting our elemental jutsu to lighting only, but supercharged, during this mode would make sense, as we'd literally be an Avatar of Lightning in this state - we would be that element in its purest form.

This is a god system so 0 on average 1 at the absolute pinnacle. The idea is that this is a system to represent Campione and Gods, humans just don't fit in here.

Whereabouts would a Divine Ancestor fit in?

I feel like Madara might go for something different just to increase his options. He could do Anbu battle doctrine solo and it'd restrict his new enforcers from all the benefits of the technology and weapons of their era.

That's why I suggested the modern ninja variant - they can use all the modern tech if they want. Note in the picture the guy is holding a gun. Snipers can be used as well. The enforcers would basically be covert/special ops, just with a ninja theme, and really covert/special ops are just modern ninjas anyways.

Regarding doing ANBU battle doctrine solo, well, sure, but he could do pretty much any combat doctrine solo. This is the reason ninjas form clans and villages - working together is more efficient than working solo. Isn't the entire point of having enforcers to have them help out because Madara can't be everywhere at once and has a lot of other stuff to do?

The only other Japan suited theme I can think of is Samurai, which would be doable, but that theme is even more restricting in terms of equipment.

Oo these are great ideas. The current best idea was flying thunder god. A more passive longer duration authority allows you to cloak yourself with lightning boosting offensive capability and speed and allowing for innate seal less shape manipulation of lightning. Locks out other elements while in use. Can also be used as one massive attack with a long recovery period.
Well, I figured a Raijin based godspeed authority would be like...lightning, long buildup, instant discharge, then you need to charge up for a second bolt.

A more passive longer duration authority allows you to cloak yourself with lightning boosting offensive capability and speed and allowing for innate seal less shape manipulation of lightning. Locks out other elements while in use. Can also be used as one massive attack with a long recovery period.

Thaaat's pretty much Raikage's cloak of lightning, version 2.0. Or that How-it-was-called-I-forgot Statboost authority from earlier with some differences.

I don't mind, actually; we do need some simple stat-buffs.

Yeah, but doesn't that still mean knowledge of the sword existed before Itachi? If it was only ever usable by Itachi, wouldn't it be a complete unknown?

Unless there's some kind of divination bullshit going on.

I think it's one of those myths/legends that are generally known. The sword of totsuka is an alternate kusanagi and everyone knows about it. Itachi's susanoo uses the Japanese imperial regalia so I think all the items are "known" but don't necessarily exist outside of that context.

Thaaat's pretty much Raikage's cloak of lightning, version 2.0. Or that How-it-was-called-I-forgot Statboost authority from earlier with some differences.

I don't mind, actually; we do need some simple stat-buffs.

One of the critical differences is the raikage version has that crazy defensive bonus I could never fathom. Also the shape manipulation means you could basically run around with raikiri constantly active in one hand while shooting lightning from the other. The ninjutsu lock out I think fits since you're basically tuning all to one element.

I think it's one of those myths/legends that are generally known. The sword of totsuka is an alternate kusanagi and everyone knows about it. Itachi's susanoo uses the Japanese imperial regalia so I think all the items are "known" but don't necessarily exist outside of that context.

So....Orochimaru spent his life chasing what was an urban legend and pipe dream up until Itachi was born and made it real? Fucking Uchiha.

Or am I misinterpreting?

Apologies if I come across as an ass, and this bit of minutiae is just giving you a headache.

Well, I figured a Raijin based godspeed authority would be like...lightning, long buildup, instant discharge, then you need to charge up for a second bolt.

I think it also works well since Madara moves fairly quickly and often. Maybe if charges could be built up so you can string a few instead of one and break and one and break hmmm... I really like your drum idea too

So....Orochimaru spent his life chasing what was an urban legend and pipe dream up until Itachi was born and made it real? Fucking Uchiha.

Or am I misinterpreting?

Apologies if I come across as an ass, and this bit of minutiae is just giving you a headache.

I mean that's what orochimaru does no? His life long dream is to learn every jutsu regardless of the cost. Being itachi is basically everything orochimaru ever wanted if you think about it haha

True, that - though, not the the extent it might look like on the first glance; our most effective ninjutsu are still non-elemental. It's always Sussano this, Sussano that. :/

Our most effective ninjutsu is still sharingan based, you mean. Susanoo and Kamui (although we really didn't make much use of the latter).

If we had specialized in taijutsu/bukijutsu, this would be awesome. Or even if we had specialized in lightning jutsu. As it is...it's still good, just a much more noticable tradeoff.

One of the critical differences is the raikage version has that crazy defensive bonus I could never fathom. Also the shape manipulation means you could basically run around with raikiri constantly active in one hand while shooting lightning from the other. The ninjutsu lock out I think fits since you're basically tuning all to one element.
He, uhh, probably just evaporated/disintegrated everything thrown at him with light/plasma+whatever Chidori does? It's pretty much a full-body Chidori, it defends him in the same way as Sasuke doesn't just busts his arm when he tries to cut something what even augmented ninja-hands have no rights to slam againsts without borking everything forever. Like metal, trees, flesh, rasengan, etc...

Last edited:
Since Madara's extremely proficient in all 5 elements, activating his Lightning Authority would end up turning him into something like Enel from One Piece.

Literally "living lightning".

And I propose the Authority's name being "Stormrider". :rofl:

If we had specialized in taijutsu/bukijutsu, this would be awesome. Or even if we had specialized in lightning jutsu. As it is...it's still good, just a much more noticable tradeoff.
Should we collect four more mirror-authorities then, and then combine them into one to rule them all? Or just switch between them rapidly, that works, too. I am reasonably sure what such powers should be pretty common amongst deities of fire/wind and to the lesser extent, water.

Locating Sonic The Earthgod would be pretty hard, though.:V

Last edited:
I mean that's what orochimaru does no? His life long dream is to learn every jutsu regardless of the cost. Being itachi is basically everything orochimaru ever wanted if you think about it haha

Eh, if that's the way you want to look at it. I still like the idea of the sword having existed for Orochimaru to find, Itachi just stole it before Orochimaru could get his grubby hands on it, and killed him with it.

I have to say, that Charm is perfectly fitting at the present moment. We better leave negotiating to our subordinates until we kill Venus or some other more socially inclined god/goddess :rofl:

I have to say, that Charm is perfectly fitting at the present moment. We better leave negotiating to our subordinates until we kill Venus or some other more socially inclined god/goddess :rofl:

Technically Campione don't negotiate. Things usually go with the Campione saying he wants something and the ants below struggling to fulfill in either out of fear of reprisal or out of a desire to earn favor.

Back