Kantai Collection - Fanfic Idea and Recs

If Sparrow exist, he would better hope that no ships from Age of Sails ever summoned. Ever.

Because that would be a long list of spurned shipgirls that he owed a slap. One of each, minimum.

I wonder how the Black Pearl would treat Jack? If anything, it's hinted in a deleted scene that Jack's last job with the Company before turning pirate, is that they wanted him to transport a shipment of slaves but Jack set them free.

I wonder how the Black Pearl would treat Jack? If anything, it's hinted in a deleted scene that Jack's last job with the Company before turning pirate, is that they wanted him to transport a shipment of slaves but Jack set them free.
Jack Sparrow was given command of a ship called the Wicked Wretch, some say it was his to began with. However after learning of and freeing the "cargo" of 100 souls causing the company employer to brand him as a pirate and burn the ship to the waterline.

He then had David Jones raise her in a bargain. Jones return the ship in nearly perfect condition except for the prematally charred hull.

Causing Jack to rename her the Black Pearl.

Other versions say he was chain to the Wretch's mask as it burned and he made his deal with Davy then as he die and the Wretch slipped beneath the waves. As Davy raised her he made the Wretch, now the Black Pearl for her charred appearance, the fastest and most dangerous ship in existence outside of the Dutchman herself.

Some say he stay on while she burn willingly asking for a bargain with Davy Jones.

Either way the bargain was for 13 years more for service on the Flying Dutchman for 100 years for Jack himself.

Each is why Jones ask for 100 souls in the movie when Jack tried to free himself and the Pearl from the Bargain. One for each slave he saved. Jones knew that Jack couldn't do it.

Jack Sparrow was given command of a ship called the Wicked Wretch, some say it was his to began with. However after learning of and freeing the "cargo" of 100 souls causing the company employer to brand him as a pirate and burn the ship to the waterline.

He then had David Jones raise her in a bargain. Jones return the ship in nearly perfect condition except for the prematally charred hull.

Causing Jack to rename her the Black Pearl.

Other versions say he was chain to the Wretch's mask as it burned and he made his deal with Davy then as he die and the Wretch slipped beneath the waves. As Davy raised her he made the Wretch, now the Black Pearl for her charred appearance, the fastest and most dangerous ship in existence outside of the Dutchman herself.

Some say he stay on while she burn willingly asking for a bargain with Davy Jones.

Either way the bargain was for 13 years more for service on the Flying Dutchman for 100 years for Jack himself.

Each is why Jones ask for 100 souls in the movie when Jack tried to free himself and the Pearl from the Bargain. One for each slave he saved. Jones knew that Jack couldn't do it.

So even though Jack is a pirate, he's a pirate with a heart of gold. Yeah, he would be a funny choice for an Admiral.

Down right scary is more like it.

Just ask the Royal Navy.

Remember the jokes about Enterprise being the Boogeyman for the IJN?

Jack be that to the Royal Navy for good reason.*

Think of it, Pirates if the Caribbean takes place in what... 1718 if Blackbeard is anything to go by.

Either way Jack will be well over 200 years old.

So he apparently found his immortality.

So there is the fact that one of the most crafty ass bastards has a large breath of experiences doing fucks know what behind him.

That on its own makes him dangerous as fuck.

Also not counting what ever else he has up his sleeve there is this. He has this.

His Trump card, the thing he will call up if you push him.

The Ear of the Dutchman.

Captain Jack Sparrow knows the Captain of The Fuck Flying Dutchman...

And knows him as a Friend...

Also knows his wife. Has save said wife several times too.

So yeah.

Jack may be goofy and seems like a joke. But he will end you if given a reason.

*How many RN ships have he sunk or made a fool of? Hell you are now picturing Jack being found out by HMS Victory screaming and running away in feel. Or Warspite doing the same after seeing his brand, remembering the stories told by Victory and what said sailboat said to do If you se Captain Jack Sparrow.

Run.

Or else you are going to be in someshit.

Last edited:
Down right scary is more like it.

Just ask the Royal Navy.

Remember the jokes about Enterprise being the Boogeyman for the IJN?

Jack be that to the Royal Navy for good reason.*

Think of it, Pirates if the Caribbean takes place in what... 1718 if Blackbeard is anything to go by.

Either way Jack will be well over 200 years old.

So he apparently found his immortality.

So there is the fact that one of the most crafty ass bastards has a large breath of experiences doing fucks know what behind him.

That on its own makes him dangerous as fuck.

Also not counting what ever else he has up his sleeve there is this. He has this.

His Trump card, the thing he will call up if you push him.

The Ear of the Dutchman.

Captain Jack Sparrow knows the Captain of The Fuck Flying Dutchman...

And knows him as a Friend...

Also knows his wife. Has save said wife several times too.

So yeah.

Jack may be goofy and seems like a joke. But he will end you if given a reason.

*How many RN ships have he sunk or made a fool of? Hell you are now picturing Jack being found out by HMS Victory screaming and running away in feel. Or Warspite doing the same after seeing his brand, remembering the stories told by Victory and what said sailboat said to do If you se Captain Jack Sparrow.

Run.

Or else you are going to be in someshit.
"Well, first time, I asked dear old Calypso-" Dodges flying crab. "Ha!" Goes to take a drink only for a crab to be on the bottle and pinch his nose. "Bugger!" Ripping it off and throwing it, turns back to the shipgirls. "Well, I asked her to make me immortal. But she thought I meant Immoral as I was drunk, so nothing much changed there, savy?"

"Well, first time, I asked dear old Calypso-" Dodges flying crab. "Ha!" Goes to take a drink only for a crab to be on the bottle and pinch his nose. "Bugger!" Ripping it off and throwing it, turns back to the shipgirls. "Well, I asked her to make me immortal. But she thought I meant Immoral as I was drunk, so nothing much changed there, savy?"
Could be worse. Like genderbending and having a confusing like for guys.

One of many stories that float around...

Unless he's gone through a major character change, the only "fuck knows what" thing he's interested in doing is piracy. He is the only example of a successful switch from wood hulls pirate to steel hulls pirate.
"Well, first time, I asked dear old Calypso-"
Okay. That mention made me think that among other shipgirls, Admiral Captain* Jack Sparrow has HMS J-826 in his fleet. While her WW2 career was unremarkable, her exploits as RV Calypso are well known.

*Yeah, he might promote to Admiral, but he would still be Captain Jack Sparrow.

You know with jack sparrow as an admiral what other strange options for admirals can we have. I remember writing a short joke snippet about admiral preston garvey. And mentioning Tatsuta being the only shipgirl charmed by admiral Johnny Bravo. But what other options could we have. I am just imaging the reaction german shipgirls would have to admiral kurt wagner i.e nightcrawler from x-men

There's a short, sadly discontinued comic on Danbooru where the new admiral is Char. Yes. THAT Char.
I'm not even gonna try putting it into words. It has to be seen.

Shimakaze speeding at 120kn, painted crimson red. The horror. The horror.
Fun fact: Red, and other long wavelength colors are harder to see and track while in motion relative to the observer.

Especially since it means that that the object in question is moving away in relation to you. tt's the infamous "red shift", a sign that the universe is expanding.

Last edited:
JS Kaga, Inazuma, Suzutsuki is currently docked in Tanjung Priok, Jakarta.

Two hours drive from where I live.

Maritime Diplomacy | Jakarta Globe

Three destroyers of the Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force docked at Tanjung Priok Port in North Jakarta on Tuesday (18/09), following a visit to the Philippines.

The four-day visit forms part of Indo Southeast Asia Deployment 2018 (Isead18), which aims to enhance Japan's operational capability and promote cooperation and interoperability with partner navies in the region.

The three ships, JS Kaga, JS Inazuma and JS Suzutsuki, will train with the navies of India, Singapore, Sri Lanka, the Philippines and Indonesia during Isead18.

From that article:

Japan to deploy helicopter carrier for two-month Indo-Pacific mission

Melihat JS Kaga, Kapal Pengangkut Helikopter Milik Jepang - Kompas.com

So, I visited the JMSDF ships at Tanjung Priok with some friends today. Of the three, only Suzutsuki was open to the public. I'm putting some of the pictures and scans here. An imgur album is forthcoming once the page stops bugging out. Click to enlarge.

View of the ships docked.

Ladder to the ships.

We obtained some souvenir items: an infobook, stamp sheets, and a handkerchief.

Rear hangar, where they set up the souvenirs' distribution, specifically the stamp sheets. The infobook and handkerchief was given out before the ladder boarding the ship. Also, free ocha.

"Please try memorial stamps from Suzutsuki".

"Please drink freely".

Models desk, with old Suzutsuki, new Suzutsuki, and KanColle Suzutsuki, and illustrations by @ginntokii on twitter.

I have some other photos I'll post later, and when the album is fixed.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where else USAF bombers can station out of in the Asia Pacific region, what with Diego Garcia and Guam likely to be priority targets for the abyssals? Does Kadena have the required facilities? Or do they have to hoof it all the way back to the CONUS between missions?

Does anyone know where else USAF bombers can station out of in the Asia Pacific region
Kadena Soul and Pusan are the first places that come to mind outside your list and Hickam, Hawaii

Technically, Busan (It's not Pusan!) has a U.S. Navy base. For information regarding USAF bases in South Korea, see here: US Military Bases in South Korea |15 Bases | Military Bases
Or just look at the whole list, with lots of countries, here: Military Bases Overseas – AF, BE, BG, BH, CU, DE, GL, GR, GU, IO

Kadena Soul and Pusan are the first places that come to mind outside your list and Hickam, Hawaii
Technically, Busan (It's not Pusan!) has a U.S. Navy base. For information regarding USAF bases in South Korea, see here: US Military Bases in South Korea |15 Bases | Military Bases
Or just look at the whole list, with lots of countries, here: Military Bases Overseas – AF, BE, BG, BH, CU, DE, GL, GR, GU, IO
I appreciate the link - didn't know there was such a site - but it doesn't really tell me about whether the bases have the infrastructure necessary to support heavy bomber ops. I mean, there must be some reason why the USAF defaults to Diego Garcia or Guam for their heavies. Such stuff is probably classified, though... :/

Diego Garcia is a Navy base, but it's far too small to support heavy bombers. I think Anderson AFB on Guam is big enough to support heavy bombers. It's been used in the past to support B-52 missions over North Vietnam during the war.

As for other bases, I think Kadena is the only one big enough to support the bombers.

Yeah Kadena and/or MCAS Iwakuni. Both are mainland and should have strips big enough for Buffs to land and take off. In Iwakuni's case, they could be enlarged if they aren't big enough.

I think P-8s fly out of Okinawa. They're not exactly small (120ft.+ wingspan)

Last edited:
Back