Kantai Collection - Fanfic Idea and Recs

Pics of Shinyou, Kishinami, and Nelson teaser, and event maps.

It is mentioned that Nelson will come with an experimental function called "Nelson Touch", which we still know nothing about. Could be Live2D, or GF/AL style skills, or something else entirely.

something I'm a bit confused about. where did the whole "Iku is lewdest of lewdboats" thing come from? I browsed her wiki entry out of curiosity and, while her pose and a line or two could be a bit risque, nothing seemed to point to the status she's gotten...

something I'm a bit confused about. where did the whole "Iku is lewdest of lewdboats" thing come from? I browsed her wiki entry out of curiosity and, while her pose and a line or two could be a bit risque, nothing seemed to point to the status she's gotten...
I think its he torpedo under her breasts throw in the weird pupils and it looks like she wants lewds. It just kinda stuck. Other than that i have no idea.

What the others have said. A lot of her voice lines have great quantities of innuendo. What is not clear is if she does intend to do something about it, or if she's only trying to rile up the grown ups. My opinion is the second. It's just her way of attracting attention to her, just like Akebono with her tsundere ways.

Also, in Japanese, "iku" can mean "I come" or "I'm coming", in the horizontal tango meaning. Or "Night battle (deep meaning)".

The whole lewdmarine thing blew out of proportion, and all Japanese submarines were painted with the same brush because of their looks, which I admit are those of a preteen loli, regardless of their voice lines. This is also why I avoid using the term "lewdmarine", which suggests a behavioral trend, and use instead "lolisub", which concentrates in how they look without making implications on how they actually behave. I-8 (Hachi) is a bookworm and clearly without an interest in all things lewd, for example.

Memes gonna meme.

But they don't look preteen either, your eyes and/or sense of anime age are broken @Darth Thanatos.

(And the fanartists obviously agree with me.)

E: Not to mention I-8 is a bit of a lush, which the staff would never depict on somebody intended to be read as a minor. (The most they've done is imply destroyers drinking booze in the booze counter)

E2: What I'm referring to:

You can clearly see she's meant to be a young adult.

E3: The only subs that look and act noticeably young are Yuu and Luigi.
Maruyu looks young but doesn't act so and her artist did do RJ after all.

E4: Yoshinori's subs (the twins) are a bit debatable but given one of them is an actual alcoholic and compared to the artist's other characters (particularly the destroyers) I'd put them in the light cruiser age group.

Last edited:
I wonder how they will do the submarine oil tankers (AKA "milk cows) in game. And how would you depicte them. So far I've only seen them in Harry and the Shipgirls, where they look more mature than the other subs in body, while Japanese submarines oil tankers are genuinely horny girls in contrast of the other Japanese subs' "please, someone notice me" routine, while the german ones are stereotypal german mothers finding everyone too thin and trying to stuff them with food, in contrast with the other "work hard, part hard" U-boat. Who have an endless party in their quarters for those in R&R, trying to emulate the Valhalla, and who once made a line from Germany to Britain to relay Monty Python jokes to Britain via flag signals for no other reasons than they were bored and such decided to annoy the Brits.

thinking of it, i haven't seen Iku used as more than a background character or lewdboats joke. I suppose she got a couple scenes in belbatt. Guess I just want to see more of her character. she seems to have some 'lovable goofball' going on that could be fun too...

thinking of it, i haven't seen Iku used as more than a background character or lewdboats joke. I suppose she got a couple scenes in belbatt. Guess I just want to see more of her character. she seems to have some 'lovable goofball' going on that could be fun too...
Yes! So much yes! The character studies must flow!

That's a sentence I never thought I'd hear.
Smaller? Small-ish?
Well, right now, and if I'm not mistaken, Harry wins TV by about one million words.

<checks> Yeah, the rough word count of TV is 1.5 million words, while HatS is 2.5 million words.

Granted, Harry is the joint effort of several writers that contribute to the world building, while TV is the work of a single person, and the word count for the main story doesn't include non-canon omakes and contributions by other authors, which makes it more impressive.

May be I should have used Mauling Snarks, which is only 720k words?

Last edited:
The start by something small, like Taylor Varga.

One word of advice, though: the more you postpone reading HatS, the bigger it grows...
No kidding. I started reading over on SB when the original thread was around 1400s or so, and by the time I'd finished a few weeks later, the first thread was capped just short of 1500 pages, and the second thread was about 80 pages in.

Last edited:
Back