Kantai Collection - Fanfic Idea and Recs

So here's something I started a couple of weeks or so ago. It doesn't match the characterisation we now have for Ark Royal, but well, here it is anyway.

Admiral Bond - The Secretary Ship

The first thing Warspite noticed upon entering the room, was how disgruntled Nagato looked. She was doing an admirable job of maintaining an air of stoicism, but the taping of her foot, and her twitching finger gave her away.

So naturally the first thing she did was go to gossip with Iowa. Interestingly, she noticed Bismark standing nearby, and she looked a bit surly too.

It was a bit of a strange atmosphere, given that they were supposed to be welcoming Admiral Bond to the base today. She was still having trouble wrapping her head around that one.

"What is wrong with Miss Nagato?" she asked the American shipgirl.

"Ah, granny!" Iowa replied, upon spotting her.

Warspite sighed, and decided to let the comment slide. She had long grown used to the epithet, and there was no way she was going to convince her to stop using it at this point.

"Well, y'see," Iowa continued. "Nagato's a little miffed, 'cause the new admiral is bringing one of your girls along to be the secretary ship."

"You mean Miss Nagato is jealous?" she asked, covering her growing smile with one hand.

"Yep!"

Oh, how cute, she thought, sneaking another peek at Nagato.

"So, do we know who it is?" she asked. "The new secretary ship, I mean."

"Ah, it's Ark Royal, I think," Iowa answered.

Warspite almost released a most undignified snort.

"Yes," she said. "That seems appropriate."

Iowa raised an eyebrow, but Warspite ignored her, for she had just seen Bismark twitch.

"Is something wrong, Miss Bismark?" she asked. "You seem awfully antsy."

"Nothing," the German answered, averting her gaze.

"My," Warspite said, placing a hand on her chest. "You're not going to start acting like those Italian ships, are you?"

"Of course not!" she exclaimed. "I would never disgrace myself like that!"

That apparently was all she was going to say, for she then moved to the other side of the room, as far away from Warspite as she could.

Warspite for her part, stiffled a giggle. Oh, this was fun.

"So," Iowa began, drawing Warspite's attention back to her. "You said Ark Royal was appropriate, what did you mean by that?"

"Oh, I think you'll see," she answered.

- - -

Nagato watched the new girl carefully. She seemed utterly professional sitting behind her desk, sorting through the paperwork. Although, it was impossible to judge a person's character just from watching them for five minutes, she needed to gather more intel. To that end, she decided to start a conversation.

"So," she began. "What made you decide to accept the position of secretary ship?"

For the first time, the new girl raised her head to look at her.

"I was under orders," she replied.

"Orders?" Nagato echoed.

"Yes," Ark Royal answered. "Because I'm one of the few who are not inclined to … get physical, with the admiral."

Nagato raised an eyebrow.

"He's that annoying?" she asked. That didn't sound promising; but then, the royal navy surely would not have sent someone who couldn't do the job properly.

"He can be quite trying," Ark Royal answered. "But that's not the way I meant it."

"So how did you mean it?" Nagato asked.

For some reason Ark Royal smiled, and Nagato was not sure she liked it. It was a predatory smile, like … well, like a cat that had spotted a fat mouse. Then Ark Royal rose to her feet, and began to walk towards her. There was something distracting about the way she walked, the sway of her hips, and it caused a slight heat to rise in Nagato's cheeks. Then she sat down next to her on the couch.

Close, way too close!

No, this was probably normal for her; after all, according to Iowa, westerners had fewer issues with personal space.

Still, their thighs were almost touching!

"Let's not talk about the admiral," Ark Royal said. "Why don't we get to know each other instead?"

Well, Nagato guessed that was what she came here for.

"Alright," she replied.

Ark Royal smiled again.

"Okay," she said. "What's your favourite food?"

"Ah ...um," Nagato stuttered.

Damn it! Why was she stuttering!

"Dango!" she managed to force out.

What?! Why the hell had she said dango?

"Oh?" Ark Royal answered. "So you like sweet things, Nagato?"

Nagato did not trust herself to respond, her mind was not cooperating with her. She did notice however, that Ark Royal had managed to draw closer, now their thighs were actually touching.

"What about colour?"

As she asked the British shipgirl leaned in closer, far too close. Their faces were only inches apart, and Nagato could only think about the colour of her eyes.

"B – Blue," she managed.

"You're so sweet," Ark replied.

Suddenly there was a light pressure against Nagato's lips, and all her thoughts screeched to a halt.

"Come now, Nagato," Ark Royal said. "All hands on deck."

I'm not actually confused by the logic behind the secretary ship choice, but more about... That's a bit fast.

Last edited:
I'm not actually confused by the logic behind the secretary ship choice, but more about... That's a bit fast.
She's Bond's Secretary Ship and so picked some things up?

Hopefully not the really bad things though... :p
My take is that Bond being Bond, seeing that it was right on his purview to keep teasing his... liaison (We really should put Moneypenny as his secretary, but M vetoed it). Despite Ark-chan doesn't want any of it and any girls she took fancy off end up getting snatched by Admiral.

Yeah, you're right. I should've extended their conversation a little.

When your boss has predisposition to laid anything with v****** and b****, someone who can naturally resist his charm are required to work with him in long exposure. Or something like that.

Which means that some poor Royal Navy HR person, had to specifically search for a gay shipgirl. The interviews must have been interesting.

I have no idea what just happened or why, but whatever. This is fine.
First, 007 got promoted from Corvette Captain (I think) to Admiral, and put in charge of a bunch of femaLes that range from "cute" to "OMFGHAWT!" in the looks department.
Second, apparently het shipgirls are as vulnerable to the Admiral's charms as any other het female. Poor Kongou. Your solo race has become a multi-racer marathon.
Third, RN being aware of this issue, appointed a lesbian shipgirl as Secretary ship. But apparently, Ark is a female version of the Admiral.
Fourth, I foresee that between the Admiral and his Secretary, no shipgirl of CL tonnage or above is going to qualify as a valid "virgin sacrifice". DDs are not for lewds, so they still qualify. Akebono proceeds to call Bond the "shitty shitty Admiral". It doesn't work, though.

My take is that Bond being Bond, seeing that it was right on his purview to keep teasing his... liaison (We really should put Moneypenny as his secretary, but M vetoed it). Despite Ark-chan doesn't want any of it and any girls she took fancy off end up getting snatched by Admiral.
Which means that some poor Royal Navy HR person, had to specifically search for a gay shipgirl. The interviews must have been interesting.

If we go with 'natural born / awakened' shipgirls (or combination of natural born, summoned and spontaneous self-manifestations), both may well be possible with Ark Royal being formerly known as Moneypenny.

If we go with 'natural born / awakened' shipgirls (or combination of natural born, summoned and spontaneous self-manifestations), both may well be possible with Ark Royal being formerly known as Moneypenny.
Pre-Craig Moneypenny is infatuated with Bond, though. And if there's a girl consistently ignored by pre-Craig Bond, that's Moneypenny.

see what Q branch can bring to the table here.
*Thinks back to the Roger Moore Q, and pictures them with Akashi*
Dear God. What have we done.

By the way, this is happily plausible. Because Best Bond, Sean Connery, was supposed to be a Commander in the RN. Exact rank is unknown. See the very beginning of You Only Live Twice.

Also, didn't James Bond already have the rank of "Admiral"? I know he was referred to as such ("Admiral Bond") in one of the Brosnan films, iirc Tomorrow Never Dies.

I'm lacking info on Ark Royal's character, but Bond is definitely a one-on-one type of lover. I doubt he'd go for a mass orgy.

On the Bond rank, I got this:
Bond is a civil servant, working in the Ministry of Defence as a Principal Officer, a civilian grade equivalent to a Captain in the Royal Navy.

Back