Kantai Collection - Fanfic Idea and Recs

I will like to see any Japanese carrier whose name doesn't start with an A or a K to show up more.

Really getting tired of the mobile steam heater and blackhole...

Or any of the other battleships beside the fast ones. IE Fusos, and Ises...

Last edited:
I too would like more Graf Spee. I'm struggling to recall anything with her in it.
True. Problem with it is that the German Aircraft Carrier Graf Zeppelin is actually a canon Kancolle character, and she's appeared in several fics. I'm guessing that people don't want to see (or write) two Grafs in the same fic. So the non-canon one gets axed.

I wanna see more late-addition ships, such as Kagerous, Yuugumos and Aganos.

Especially the Aganos.

I wanna see more late-addition ships, such as Kagerous, Yuugumos and Aganos.

Especially the Aganos.
You know, seeing written that way, for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about "The Sopranos".

Now I cannot unthink about the Aganos being a Yakuza Family. Look what you've done.

"I am Agano, and I come with an offer you cannot reject..."

Outside of my own Ghosts of Pearl I don't think I have ever seen West Virginia, Helena, or many (any?) of the Mahon class/sisters

Somehow, her, the Special Destroyer Fubuki...
Had become a harem protagonist.
Truly the best timeline
I wanna see where this goes

But I read a blog post describing the anime and one of the things it pointed out was how close it could be to a harem protagonist anime.
I'm curious now. Would you be willing to direct me to this post? Sounds like fun.

Really getting tired of the mobile steam heater and blackhole...
Agreed, at least when that's the extent of their portrayal.

Or any of the other battleships beside the fast ones.
Very much agreed. The Kongou sisters are fun, but they do kinda wear thin after a while, IMO

Truly the best timeline
I wanna see where this goes
No real idea where to take it really... But it would be hilarious. And let's be honest... with pictures like this:

Or this:

Which are official... is it any real surprise?
I'm curious now. Would you be willing to direct me to this post? Sounds like fun.
Turned out, after going through my searches, it was actually TVTropes though I think someone changed the page as the bit with Kongou is no longer there:
Kantai Collection / Ho Yay - TV Tropes
Look at the anime section.

God, grant me enough…
1. Money, to put up with the idiocy I cannot change,
2. Explosives, to change the idiocy I can change,
3. Brains, to know when and where to apply which.

...What.

No, seriously, what.
Got this from a passing natural-born.

A pair of tired-looking lighthouse tenders came sailing into Tokyo Bay, dragging an insensate Nagato between them. "Is this one of yours?" one of them asked Ōyodo, who had come out to meet them.

"Yes, she is."

"About time," the other tender muttered.

"But where was she?" Ōyodo asked. "She's been missing for several weeks now. We were beginning to fear she had run into a forgotten minebelt or something."

"In Westman Isles Harbour, sitting under Home Cliff, all covered in pysjur," the first one, who looked a titch more awake than the other, replied.

"OK, we'll take over from here," Ōyodo said. The two tenders passed Nagato to the reception committee and turned around as if to leave.

"None of that. You are getting bunkers and sleep before you leave. Now what are your names?" Ōyodo asked.

"I'm Árvakur," the one more awake said, "and that's Hermóður over there."

Pysjur are puffin fledglings. In Icelandic, that is. In Faeroese, they are students right out of gymnasium/prep school while the puffin fledglings are pisur.

The lighthouse tender Hermóður disappeared off Reykjanes in bad wind and sea in the early hours of Feb. 18th, 1959. Árvakur was built as replacement.

Edit: Árvakur would have been the less tired one, having more power. OK, 1000hp and 380 tons disp. v the older ship's 390hp and 200 tons.

Further edit: The names Árvakur and Hermóður may be translated to English as Early Riser and Fighting Mood, in that order.

Last edited:
Previews of the new Japanese Special-Type DD's being introduced in today's event:

The clues we got from the dev posts seem to point to the left one as Sagiri, and the right as Amagiri. The latter one is especially important because of her association with the collision of PT-109, aka then Lt. Jr. Grade John F. Kennedy's boat.

SOMEBODY PICK UP THAT PHONE.

Seems to be a break through into the Indian Ocean. With the EO maps likely being a sortie up to the Suez

Fuck the Suez, we're screaming through the Med.

Last edited:
Back