Kantai Collection - Fanfic Idea and Recs

Preliminary opinions:

New destroyers are definitely on the upper tiers of destroyer designs in my opinion. Sagiri and Amagiri looks cute and practical, while Hatakaze resembles a miniature Kashima-Harukaze hybrid, with the elegance that implies, which is only a good thing.

Richelieu is a good design but I wish she had a more unique appearance compared to Teste. But I definitely don't dislike her. I love her black-white-red design and geometric camo patterns and the general solidity of her rigging's appearance.

This post will be amended when Ark Royal and the Italian (?) girl appears.

The destroyers, for reference.

Last edited:
Abyssals.

New Submarine Princess

Summer Aircraft Carrier Demon.

French Battleship Princess. Pretty clear she's supposed to be Abyssal Richelieu. Also the best one IMO.

Destroyer Na-class. I think this is the first progression in the Iroha sequence in a long time.

Summer Logistics Princess

Ne-class Heavy Cruiser Flagship.

Last edited:
So somehow KanColle wikia got ahold of a Richelieu Kai card image, but no word on a regular Richelieu yet.

And now Ark Royal arrives!

The compound bow rather than a longbow is an adventurous choice but the design seems to be well-received overall.

Edit: Comes with a rather... Ostentatious Abyssal counterpart.

Last edited:
Initial reports say her Englishis good-same actress (Uchida Shuu) as Warspite but a bit deeper and without the obvious tics like Admyral.

Last edited:
Taking a break between trying to get eurobotes, and managed to draw a present for a thread that I always find myself lurking in. : D

Sorry if the lack of colour bothers anyone, though. I'm working on my painting skills.

Tirpitz

So... moooving right along...

Let's talk about botes that don't show up nearly enough for your liking. As far as I know Shinano only shows up in BB and... I think Harry and the shipgirls?

Yorktown CV-5. Only seen her in two fics: my own and Changing Destiny, and even in the latter she's nothing more than Little E's big sis for a couple scenes before disappearing.

Nah. That mess of strings is typical of modern compound designs for hunting bows. There's only one. You can tell by the knot at one point in a single string; that's to rest the nock of the arrow on.

Look at the arms. There's a pair up top and a pair below.

Welp. Queen elizabeth just gone abyssal to test us teitoku if we're worthy of being ark's new admiral....

btw... is that abyssal taking a page out of Archer's gimik?
firing swords from a bow?

Back