Kantai Collection - Fanfic Idea and Recs

To elaborate a little of my Admiral Bond idea.

The plan was that this would be a slightly older, more world-weary version of Bond. He's still a serial monogamist, and a heavy drinker, and all the rest of it; but he's a little more worn down by years of active service. Whereas Ark Royal is more like a younger, cocksure Bond, only, y'know, a woman.

So Bond has to play "M" to a version of himself.

To elaborate a little of my Admiral Bond idea.

The plan was that this would be a slightly older, more world-weary version of Bond. He's still a serial monogamist, and a heavy drinker, and all the rest of it; but he's a little more worn down by years of active service. Whereas Ark Royal is more like a younger, cocksure Bond, only, y'know, a woman.

So Bond has to play "M" to a version of himself.
I'll reply to this over here too, just to farm likes :V

B: "M. I regret every little thing I ever did to vex you, just make it stop."

M: "Is there a problem, Admiral Bond?"

B: "It's my Secretary."

M: "Do go on, double oh."

B: "She's like me. Only an attractive red head."

M: "Oh I have waited for this day for so long."

He almost got married once. Blofeld had something to say about that.

He DID get married. Blofeld and his henchwoman gunned down his bride as they were leaving the wedding for their honeymoon at end of On Her Majesty's Secret Service. At the beginning of For Your Eyes Only, Bond is shown visiting her grave where a man who looked like Blofeld but for legal reasons, never referred to as such, tried to kill Bond only to end up dropped down an industrial smokestack.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Brosnan's Bond. For me it is Connery and then Craig, Brosnan is a distant 3rd place

I grew up on the Brosnan Bond, so I took the entire World weary, what is my place in this changed world demeanor to be Best Bond. Golden Eye for N64 also helped.

Kongou: "I... I didn't ask... for this...."

(Traumatized Kongou among the bodies of her sisters and sister-of-arms)

Like a dog chasing a car for so long, once she gets it she doesnt know what to do with it.
I grew up on the Brosnan Bond, so I took the entire World weary, what is my place in this changed world demeanor to be Best Bond. Golden Eye for N64 also helped.
Oh god. The girls find an old picture of Admiral Bond only to be confused as the picture is of a VASTLY different looking Bond.

"Oh yes. I was quite a good looking young man no?"

Source:

Which series dominated Comiket 92's Doujins? Here are the results - SGCafe

By a significant margin, KanColle still dominates Comiket 92 despite a slight decrease in the numbers of doujin produced compared to Comiket 91. Fate series leapt up the ranks significantly to place it within the top five.

The ranks are:
  1. Kantai Collection
  2. Tohou Project
  3. The IDOLM@STER
  4. Touken Ranbu
  5. Fate series
  6. Love Live!
  7. Yuri!!! on Ice
  8. Girls Und Panzer
  9. Granblue Fantasy
  10. Haikyu!!
  11. Mr. Osomatsu
  12. Vocaloid
  13. Tiger & Bunny
  14. Kuroko's Basketball
  15. Attack on Titan
  16. Ensemble Stars
  17. Yowamushi Pedal
  18. World Trigger
  19. Hetalia series
  20. Blood Blockade Battlefront
  21. My Hero Academia

Last edited:
We need to institute a Kai San for Hibiki. In 1948, a year after she was turned over to the Soviet Union and renamed to Verniy, she was renamed again to Dekabrist (Декабрист), which remained her designation for the next 7 years before she was retired and left to languish until the 1970s, when she was sunk as a target ship.

A couple more snippets from me, one as part of the Admiral Bond snippets, and one unrelated.

Admiral Bond - Meeting Old Friends.

When Warspite stepped into the waiting room, and problem paused at the scene she found inside. Then she sighed, perhaps she should have expected something like this. Nagato was laid out across the couch, and Ark Royal was laid on top of her. Thankfully, they were both still fully dressed.

Ark Royal rose to her feet completely non-nonchalantly, as though Warspite had not just caught her en flagranté. Nagato also sprung to her feet a second later, her face flushed, and her eyes wide.

"T-This is..." she stuttered.

She chose to ignore Nagato's embarrasment, to focus on her old friend.

"Ark," she began. "Working hard I see."

"Merely striving to solidify international relations," Ark replied.

"Of course."

"May I help you with something?" Ark asked.

"I was just wondering if I could see the admiral?" Warspite answered.

The smirk that crossed Ark's face was not reassuring.

"Hoping for a taste of home?" she asked.

Warspite narrowed her eyes.

"I'm afraid my tastes have grown distinctly more … exotic," she replied.

Ark raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. Instead she simply walked over to her desk, and pressed the button on the intercom.

"HMS Warspite is here to see you, admiral," she said, before turning back to Warspite. "Go on through."

Warspite took her deep breath to steady her nerves, before she gripped the handle of the door, and stepped across the threshold. The admiral was not behind his desk, he was standing beside it. She felt somewhat nostalgic at the sight of him, but it soon passed, to be a replaced with anger. It wasn't a burning anger, but a smouldering, creeping one.

"Warspite," he said, walking over to her.

"James," she replied.

The urge was to slap him across the face was strong, but she restrained herself. She may need to be a bit more diplomatic here.

"It's good to see you again," he said.

"Likewise," she replied, even thought it was anything but.

For a moment those cold, blue eyes bored into her, and she had to force herself to remember that whatever else he was, he was still a skilled intelligence officer; lies and deceit were his speciality.

"Yet you don't look too pleased," he said, eventually.

"Oh my," she replied. "Was I that obvious?"

"No," he answered. "I can just tell when a woman's pleased to see me."

He smiled, and once again she felt the desire to slap him.

"Drink?" he asked, and simultaneously pointing to a chair."

"No thank you," she said, and remained standing. "I shan't be staying that long."

"So I take it that you are not here to get reacquainted?"

She frowned, she knew better than to take that at face value.

"I'm afraid I've learned my lesson there," she said. "Being your acquaintance is dangerous, in more ways than one."

"Well, you always were an intelligent woman," he replied.

"Flattery will get you nowhere this time, James," she said.

"A shame," he said. "So why are you here?"

Warspite felt a brief moment of hesitation, which she quickly pushed aside. Half of her wished she had taken him up on that drink.

"It is about Kongou," she said.

"I believe I have already met her," he said.

Her stomach twisted a little just from hearing that.

"I would ask that you not do your usual thing with her," she said.

"And what is my usual thing?" he asked.

She withheld a sigh, she had almost forgotten just how infuriating he could be.

"James, please," she began. "She has suffered one heartbreak already recently."

There was silence, and the only thing she could hear was the ticking of the clock on the wall.

"Very magnanimous," he said eventually. "Are you sure you don't have some sort of ulterior motive?"

She almost squirmed under his gaze. It was true that she held certain … romantic affections, for Kongou. However, she wouldn't act on them right now, not with Kongou in her current state.

"I'm serious, admiral," she said, turning towards the door. "Leave her be."

With that she left the room, Once the door had clicked softly shut behind her she released a sigh, and gently massaged her temples.

"Did it not go well?"

Warspite opened her eyes, and saw Ark Royal sitting at her desk. Nagato was nowhere to be seen.

"Passably well," she replied. "I made my point, I hope."

She stepped over the edge or Ark's desk.

"And what of you?" she asked. "Miss Nagato seems to have vanished."

Ark's eyes drifted down towards her desk. It took Warspite a moment to understand what she was implying, but when she did she simply rolled her eyes. She knew Nagato better than to assume she would do something like that, at least, not so soon after first meeting them.

Ark giggled, even though her tease had failed to get a rise out of her.

"She and I agreed to meet later for drinks," she answered.

"To further foster relations between our nations, I trust?" Warspite asked.

"Among other things."

"Try not to break too many hearts," Warspite advised. "You wouldn't want to develop a reputation so soon after getting here."

"I'll take it under advisement," Ark responded.

Warspite was halfway down the corridor to the mess hall when a sudden thought occurred to her, and a chill ran down her spine. She may need to keep an eye on Ark Royal too, just in case she decided to set her sights on Kongou.

The next one isn't lewd, but rather references past lewdness, and future lewdness. Think morning after stuff.

Bismarck's Morning
That was it, Bismarck swore that she would never drink again after this, she was done. Or perhaps she would drink more, to help her forget what was happening now, and ensure she would never remember whatever had happened last night. She did not want to know why every muscle in her body felt so very sore.

Bismark was currently in bed, recovering from a night of enthusiastic celebrations to welcome their new comrades. Only she had apparently had her own personal party with one of the newcomers, for she was not alone in the bed. She could feel the arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her in tight, and warmth from her sleeping partner. It might have even been comforting, if not for who that partner was.

Worse, she could see her clothes from yesterday from where she lay. They were scattered on the floor next to the bed, just out of her reach.

She wanted nothing more than to regain her clothes, and flee the room. Then she would return to her own bed, and pretend that none of this had happened. Her only problem was that her … lover, was apparently a pretty light sleeper, and any sudden movement might wake her. Who knew what might happen then?

So slowly, carefully, she tried to remove the arm from around her stomach. She prised it away an inch at a time, she tried to keep the movement smooth, no jerking. Just a little more, almost there, nearly free...

Then her arm tensed, and pulled her back in even tighter than before.

Scheiẞe!

Okay, that was fine, she would just have to try again. Patience was a virtue, after all.

Then the worst possible thing happened, a voice whispered softly in her ear:

"Are you trying to get away?"

She froze. The shiver that ran down her back was most assuredly because of the sudden wind in her ear, and not at all because the voice had been sultry.

Please God, let her be talking in her sleep.

Unfortunately, it seemed God was not answering her prayers today, for the voice spoke again.

"What a terrible thing to do to a girl," it said. "But it's all right, I forgive you."

Then suddenly there was movement, and Bismarck found herself pressed into the sheets, and the figure of another woman hovered over her. The smile she wore was surely a trick, it was not so sweet and innocent as she was supposed to believe. Nor did Bismark find it remotely attractive, the feeling in her stomach was merely surprise, that was all! She did not find those lips tempting at all, even if they were so red, and plump. Nor did she find herself getting lost in those big, blue eyes.

"How...?" Bismarck began. "How long were you awake?"

"About half an hour."

Bismarck's eyes went wide. This little minx had been toying with her!

"Now hold still," he captor said.

If she failed to move as she leaned in close, it was because she was paralysed by overwhelming feelings of disgust. Yes, that was it! She was most certainly not interested in what those lips might taste like.

Then there came a knock at the door, and her captor paused.

Oh, thank God.

"Ark, are you awake," Warspite's voice drifted through the wooden door.

"Yes," Ark Royal replied, from on top of her.

Slowly the door handle began to turn, and Bismarck felt her relief evaporate as she realised what was coming next. Sure enough, the door swung open, and revealed Warspite on the other side.

"I was just speaking to Teste, and she..." Warspite trailed off as her eyes landed on the two of them.

Now Bismarck was truly paralysed, as she felt mortification wash over her. News of this would be all over the base before the hour was up, she was sure.

"I'll just let Teste know that you're busy," Warspite conclude.

"Would you?" Ark Royal replied.

Then Warspite left, the door closing behind her with an ominous "click".

"Now," Ark Royal said. "Where were we?"

Bismarck growled. Damn it! If this was how things were going to be, then she would give as good as she got!

"You going down!" she muttered.

"Only if you're really lucky."

The July and August Arcade updates introduces Yuudachi, the Chitoses, Shigure, and Harusame. Of note is how the Chitoses' puppeteer-style aircraft command is animated, and the massed torpedo barrage in 0:28 of Shigure's video, which looks really cool.

KanColle standee at the Indonesian Maritime Museum, Sunda Kelapa, Jakarta. The title is "Japanese Art and Science", and the paragraphs are "Better Technology and Strategy" and "Kantai Collection". Kamikaze, Jintsuu, and Nachi are chosen for their involvement in Sunda Sea and Java Sea.

My opinions on this are... hard to articulate. Surprised, certainly. But let's just say for the moment I'm glad it serves a positive educational purpose.

KanColle standee at the Indonesian Maritime Museum, Sunda Kelapa, Jakarta. The title is "Japanese Art and Science", and the paragraphs are "Better Technology and Strategy" and "Kantai Collection". Kamikaze, Jintsuu, and Nachi are chosen for their involvement in Sunda Sea and Java Sea.

My opinions on this are... hard to articulate. Surprised, certainly. But let's just say for the moment I'm glad it serves a positive educational purpose.

Well.... That's.... certainly a thing.

(It was quite sad that the game only reaching here after... you know, the whole war-grave-salvage thingies. Because most of my people literally don't know that Battle of Java Sea was a thing.)

(Then again, with our political climate today, maybe this is for the best.)

Back