Kantai Collection - Fanfic Idea and Recs

On another note, and I will probably later expand on this with art, is that the conception of the Abyssals in my headcanon in general and in my fic in particular, is that as far as symbolism goes, the Abyssals actually represent Life and Rebirth while it is the Shipgirls that represent Death, End, or rather, Destruction.

So I've been cooking up some Valentines Day fics for Feb.

It always ends in flames. Blowing up Abyssals can be romantic, right?
For the ones enthusiastic about battle (like Musashi, Ashigara, Suzukaze, or Sendai), violence is foreplay for them. So yes, it can be romantic, depending on the shipgirl in question.

Leaked Winter 2017 Map (image not mine):

:D

How odd that I was just thinking about a story involving Shimakaze and street racers I conceptually called Initial DD earlier....

I just have a small idea.
I know that in many fanfics there are shipgirls who play World of Warships. So, what will happen if they meet some of the most famous players of the game in the opposite teams? Naka, Fubuki, Yuudachi,... encounter Eurobeat, Aerroon, PhlyDaily, and so on?
Moreover, what if the ship girl and the player play in the same ship that is also her old self? Yuudachi against Eurobeat in the Shiratsuyu?
Who will win? The shipgirl who control her old self, or the famous player who is more familiar with the game's mechanic?
I know this is not a serious idea, and can't become a long story itself, but I think it can be hilarious :) . What do you think about it?
(I posted it on SB too for their thought about it . And sorry for my bad English :( )

Right, it seems like I missed one last bit.
What will happen AFTER the battle? Especially when the video got uploaded to YouTube with or without knowing the opponent he just fought?

Got the sudden idea of an Abyssal attack on Tokyo where Sailor Moon is present, powers up to Princess mode and launches the unbelievably infamous "Moon Princess Retribution!".

And the bad about it? It is a concentrated ball of energy. It is pink. It has bunny ears. It chases you down. And… it giggles. You really don't want to be caught dead being killed by something that looks like a pink, giggling photon torpedo. You will never live it down.

No wonder the attack leader went "WAAAH!" and ran here, ran there and ran everywhere, trying to shake it off.

Last edited:
Got the sudden idea of an Abyssal attack on Tokyo where Sailor Moon is present, powers up to Princess mode and launches the unbelievably infamous "Moon Princess Retribution!".

And the bad about it? It is a concentrated ball of energy. It is pink. It has bunny ears. It chases you down. And… it giggles. You really don't want to caught dead being killed by something that looks like a pink, giggling photon torpedo. You will never live it down.

No wonder the attack leader went "WAAAH!" and ran here, ran there and ran everywhere, trying to shake it off.
I thought Sailor Moon's ultimate attack was a massive energy beam on par with a Wave Motion Gun. One that requires her friends' help to charge and fire.

Usagi Tsukino, now more commonly known as: Pretty Torpedo Soldier Abukuma.
I understood that reference, but I figure Usagi would better fit as an Akizuki. All of their names have to do with the moon, they're all big eaters (even if they try to limit themselves), and they're very effective at what they do (Akizukis are AA destroyers, Usagi blows up monsters).

I thought Sailor Moon's ultimate attack was a massive energy beam on par with a Wave Motion Gun. One that requires her friends' help to charge and fire.
Actually, it is a reference to a thread on the now-in-coma Anime Addventure. In that thread, one Ranma Saotome was affiancéed to a sun goddess named Amaterasu. Dumb and Dumber (aka Genma and Soun) tried to kidnap him but ended up kidnapping Mamoru Chiba. Usagi's answer was this attack, which chased Genma-panda all over the city, with much hilarity to the reader.

I understood that reference, but I figure Usagi would better fit as an Akizuki. All of their names have to do with the moon, they're all big eaters (even if they try to limit themselves), and they're very effective at what they do (Akizukis are AA destroyers, Usagi blows up monsters).
Oddly, in my headcanon, Ami (Sailor Mercury) is Kitakami.

And then some random shipgirls investigate said pink giggling photon torpedo and get caught up in Senshi stuff shortly after?

A long interview with Uesaka Sumire, who voiced many of KanColle's first and primary girls, as well as GuP's Nonna and many other notable roles, being a known enthusiast of Russia, has been translated.

Uesaka Sumire Interview: KanColle Style Vol. 2 - Kancolle Wiki

So many quotable things here.
-- KanColle has finally entered its fourth year. To start this off, how about you tell us what your work was like so far?

Voice line recording started long before the game's release, but I got the job when I had just started working as voice actress, so when I suddenly received eight different scripts at the same time I got really startled.
I've been a fan of the military genre since back then, but I wasn't exactly familiar with stuff like Japan's Combined Fleet and such, so it also was the start of moments like "Wait, we had SO many different warships?!".

So many of them told me that it had become a part of their life, I was overjoyed by how much love the game was receiving.

-- There certainly are many admirals whose rhythm of life has improved thanks to KanColle. *laughs*

Admirals have to get up early after all. *laughs*

-- You also seem to have been making progress as admiral lately.
Who happens to be your favourite ship girl?

My absolute favourite is Shiranui! She's by no means the strongest, but that overflowing confidence of hers is truly promising, and that vulnerable side she shows when getting heavily damaged right away in spite of that confidence is just so cute.

-- And when you return to the home port you can hear her say "Did I make a mistake?".

Something like "Mistake? Uh no, I didn't do anything wrong!" *laughs* I'm pretty much like that myself. I'm still unreliable as admiral, so I really like confident ship girls.
Among the first girls I got were Yūbari, Maya, Nagato, Mutsu, basically many girls with a clear sense of self, so I have a soft spot for strong characters like them.

-- All right, so who is your currently highest-levelled ship girl? I'm assuming it's Nagato, right?

My highest-levelled girl is Yūbari, she hit Lv. 53 or 54,
and I still don't have a girl I could give a second remodelling.
She's a valuable light cruiser with four slots whom I can rely on in many situations!
Stacking nothing but drum containers on her is just sad though. *laughs*

-- Moving on, Murakumo certainly looks different to the others, especially her outfit.

Murakumo has the temperament of a queen; Of all the starter ships you choose her only to be met with such an unpleasant attitude, so I was afraid admirals would end up hating her when, for example, sortieing her for the first time......

-- I suppose there are many admirals out there who're actually into that sort of thing. *laughs*

She might be suspecting the same, so she has her moments where she behaves like that, and when she finishes a harsh tirade with "Now do your best", you just know that she actually cares about you a lot, don't you think? Yep, even Murakumo is a good girl!

-- Moving on, ship girls from foreign navies have started appearing in KanColle recently. Are there any ship girls you would love to see added to the game in the future?

The fabled senior "Mikasa", not to mention the enigmatic Reds, the Russian Leningrad-class destroyers!
I'm sure Верный will do her best as an interpreter. *laughs*

Back