Jace911 "Reviews" Puella Magi Madoka Magica

BEST FUCKING SHOW EVER!!!

Thanks Jace. You reminded me why I fucking hate coobie!

Last edited:
I see you've noticed Kyubey keeps trying to make Madoka contract. Granted, he only says it every freaking time they speak with each other. Kyubey be creeping. Homura needs to shoot him some more. Useless, sure, but at least he stops talking for a few seconds.

In any event, things only get more intense from here. Hope you're ready for it.

Last edited:
*watching further intensifies*

Gentlemen. The Subject has made Contact. Begin Tempering.

(cookie to whoever gets it)

I honestly cannot think of a single show I have watched that gets better reactions than Madoka. It's like this perfect blend of everything that makes the viewer care.

Madoka elicits the best reactions.

Btw @Jace911 once you're done with the series what's your stance on continuing with Rebellion. There's subbed versions out there.

I find it hilarious that the audio of the train scene was inappropriate to air on TV here in Australia but all the violence and the OP got through.

Evidently the director actually basically heard that very conversation in real life while on the train, and jotted it down to use in the show.

Beginning setup...
Sequencing Memory...
Distancing Emotional Joists...
Marinating Pity Sockets...
Assessing Soul Matrix...
Tempering Fathom Brackets...
Reticulating Splines...
Untuning Valves...
Setting Familiar Snooze Alarms...
Incepting Labyrinth...
Registering Grief Flow...
Setup complete.
Welcome to WiTCH 0.9.
Press any key to begin...

Evidently the director actually basically heard that very conversation in real life while on the train, and jotted it down to use in the show.
More fun facts about the scene:

The writer for the manga says that Sayaka killed those men.
The animation director says Sayaka did not kill those men.
Gen Urobuchi doesn't have an answer.

The first is my headcanon because it's just that kind of show.

WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE CUTESY ANIME INTRO ARE YOU HIDING SOMETHING FROM ME

Pay attention to the lyrics. Do it now, you'll appreciate it more when the answer comes up soon.

MOTHERFUCKER YOU CAN LITERALLY GRANT ANY WISH IN THE FUCKING UNIVERSE

Someone else's wish, not its own. And that implies it would want something like that anyway, whatever gave you that idea?

Last edited:
People watching Puella Magi: a delicate blend of horror, feels and 'oh god what now', all aboard the nope train.

People watching people watching Puella Magi: utter gleeful schadenfreude, with popcorn.

(But seriously, the level of symbolism and work put into this show is just amazing; all the little hints and foreshadowing you catch on the second watch through and so on. It's a show you can watch again and again and still catch something new.)

There's a reason SF Debris, who's normally a non-anime person more focused on Science Fiction, said he would recommend it above everything else he's reviewed.

Maybe we can talk him into watching the recap movies before he moves on to Rebellion.

After we make him read Oriko, of course. And possibly Kazumi, but I've heard that's shit, so only if we're feeling cruel.

Don't forget The Different Story. We absolutely have to make him read The Different Story.

Back