Jace911 "Reviews" Puella Magi Madoka Magica

also does blue hair not own a single outfit that isn't pajamas or a school uniform

The girls were designed with only 3 outfits for the series. The MG costume, the school uniform (plainclothes for Kyouko) and PJs.
However, there were only two occasions where there was no excuse for a girl to be wearing a uniform at the time. When Madoka went to the overpass in ep 6 and Sayaka following Kyouko here in ep 7.
They gave Madoka a casual dress for the overpass scene in the movie, but Sayaka still stayed in her uniform in the other scene.
I like to imagine the person who designed the uniform succeeded so well, the girls love wearing it instead of regular clothes.

You'd think that ONE magical girl would get bright enough to SWALLOW the damn thing...

You may have noticed they need to cleanse the Gem regularly, which would be impossible to do if they swallowed it.

(You'd think that ONE magical girl would get bright enough to SWALLOW the damn thing...)

The real trick would be to take advantage of the fact that you heal as long as that thing survives, so i figure you either want to put some armor on it, or find some reasonably safe way to protect it from familiars and then stash it outside the "boss room" of a barrier, so to say. Although im not sure what the maximum is weve seen someone recover from... may need more work.

At any way protecting it somehow sounds like a good idea.

You may have noticed they need to cleanse the Gem regularly, which would be impossible to do if they swallowed it.

Press it against your belly?

The real trick would be to take advantage of the fact that you heal as long as that thing survives, so i figure you either want to put some armor on it, or find some reasonably safe way to protect it from familiars and then stash it outside the "boss room" of a barrier, so to say. Although im not sure what the maximum is weve seen someone recover from... may need more work.

At any way protecting it somehow sounds like a good idea.

Sadly it can't go far away from the body, or you just collapse. As happened to Sayaka that one time....

Press it against your belly?

Might work, might not work. And if it doesn't work, what are you going to do as a magical girl? As you can see, it's too risky to try.

There's a more gruesome way to protect a soul gem, involving making an incision and hiding it inside your ribcage.

Runs into the same problem as swallowing it. How are you going to cleanse the gem?

Worse, in both cases, you won't even know you need to cleanse the gem because you can't just look at it and tell.

Last edited:
Eh, eldritch abomination care little about things like rational space and distance while in their Barrier. Take one step then collapse because lol whatisphysics *shrug* Witches don't make sense, why should their barriers.

It's not even that so much as "LOL OOPS FELL DOWN A SHAFT NOW IM A MEAT PUPPET."

Seriously, a ring is probably for the best. Kyubey doesn't benefit from dead Magical Girls.

100m is not quite nothing.

100 metres is really not a lot of distance. It's impractical because you have to constantly worry about wandering outside of the safe radius, and there's a chance the witch will just go for the gem and break it, or a familiar will. It's much safer to keep it on your body, where at least you don't have to worry about wandering too far away, and can you protect it from attacks.

Also, there's an implied lag time, since Sayaka turning off her pain reception is called out as slowing her physical reactions and bodily connection.

I would not risk testing if being further from your body makes you even micro-seconds slower, because that can be life or death.

also does blue hair not own a single outfit that isn't pajamas or a school uniform
Mitakihara city has a strict dress code. Children who still attend school may not leave their homes without their uniform on. Since Kyouko doesn't attend school she doesn't have to obey that law.

Stabbing yourself with a grief seed? That has to be just under implanting spider eggs under your own skin on the list of terrible bad ideas.
I can see how ramming a magic object filled with the essence of despair into your own flesh might seem a bit risky, but think of the benefits if you can store a soul gem inside yourself indefinitely:
1. No more walking out of the house and collapsing because you left your soul gem behind!
2. It's kept warm and safe inside your own stomach!
3. Sudden traumatic decapitation: no problem! You'll recover in no time*!

With that in mind, why hesitate? Swallow a soul gem now!
*individual recovery time may vary according to the nature of your wish

I forget, which episode do we see what happens when a soul gem goes completely dark?

Stop it with the almost-spoilers guys. Delete them if you would...?
We are this close to the real fun, i mean from here on out pretty much every episode contains serious WHAM Moment, i think.

Back