In Which I Watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

It's important to note that everything that Thoth predicts comes true, no matter how circumstances change, especially in later parts where:

Jotaro dies getting his face split in two, just as Thoth predicts. Both in Part 4 when Kira [Bites the Dust] him and in Part 6 where he finally dies against Pucci.

I liked the less non serious episode like this for the humor.

It is something you expect right out of looney tunes and i had a butt load of fun laughing at it.

It was still part of Weekly Shonen Jump for 17 years alongside Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragon Ball and One Piece.

Just because it featured large amounts of violence doesn't mean it can't be aimed at kids. And just because the target demographic is kids doesn't mean it can't be dark and disturbing.

It's weirdly optimistic for something which is basically a Horror Fantasy Kitchen Sink, though.

Yeah, but, again, why are the villains so... effed up?

I mean, look at the comedy villain, and then look at his (very disturbing) power.

It's a Horror Fantasy Kitchen Sink where the entire point is to punch those horrors in the face. Repeatedly. Of course it's going to be optimistic.

Well, the horrors are really only in Parts 1 and 2 with vampires and Pillar Men - everything past that is human villains.

Well something's going on in Part 8 but I dunno what, I'm still in Part 5.

Did someone say comedy villain with disturbing powers?

Oh god please don't remind me.

No, I'm not judging him for that, I'm judging him because he has escapism issues.

I mean, he copies other people's faces, man.

Considering that Stands are personality powers, there has to be subtext.

That, and look at his face when he's shapeshifting.

That's creepy.

No, I'm not judging him for that, I'm judging him because he has escapism issues.

I mean, he copies other people's faces, man.

Considering that Stands are personality powers, there has to be subtext.

That, and look at his face when he's shapeshifting.

That's creepy.
Kakyoin's not a control freak, even though his Stand can be used to make people puppets. Abdul's not a pyromaniac, even though his Stand uses fire.

Back