In Which I Watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

JoJo characters are typically stubborn enough to ensure things like blood loss, multiple fractures, and things that might make a Mortal Kombat character go "Ouch, that hurts" are only going to be a minor bump in the road.

You know, now the Pillar Men (and, just as importantly, their themes) has popped up, I'd like to note- while I generally really don't like dubstep, it works really well for the Pillar Men on a couple of levels.

The use of dubstep was actually pretty clever for the Pillar Men, particularly in the way several of themes make use of more classic musical styles (namely Wammu's theme and Avalon). It was a brilliant way of conveying both the Pillar Men's ancient nature as well as their advanced intellect.

Part 4, 6, 7, and 8 have been basically long training arcs for the protags. 3 the protag just punched things, and in 5 GioGio knew how his Stand worked. But yeah, last part with a training arc proper.
Hmm, I can see Part 4 being Koichi's training arc, but not Josuke's. He seemed pretty knowledgeable about his own powers, even more than Giorno.

Giorno knew about his life creation and the karmic backlash thing, but didn't figure out his healing powers until the fight with Baby Face, or even how his 'life' powers work if he attacks someone with them.

I don't remember Josuke getting/learning anything new about his Stand

Last edited:
Hmm, I can see Part 4 being Koichi's training arc, but not Josuke's. He seemed pretty knowledgeable about his own powers, even more than Giorno.

Giorno knew about his life creation and the karmic backlash thing, but didn't figure out his healing powers until the fight with Baby Face, or even how his 'life' powers work if he attacks someone with them.

I don't remember Josuke getting/learning anything new about his Stand
Josuke wasn't the only protag. Rohan and Koichi both learned new stuff.

Point on GioGio, I'd forgotten he didn't know how to heal at first

The use of dubstep was actually pretty clever for the Pillar Men, particularly in the way several of themes make use of more classic musical styles (namely Wammu's theme and Avalon). It was a brilliant way of conveying both the Pillar Men's ancient nature as well as their advanced intellect.

Honestly, what I got from that was that their power was too great to be properly constrained in 'classic' musical styles.

That and bad guys theme songs mostly are dubsteps.

I think, at least what i can glean from some.

Josuke wasn't the only protag. Rohan and Koichi both learned new stuff.
True, but when one says 'Jojo Protag', I always only think about the Part's Jojo.

Koichi had his Acts, Rohan had his 'draw in the air' thing.

Josuke's seems a bit of an oddity in that he didn't 'level-up' or 'power-up' in any way, considering all the previous Jojos and the one right after him did.
I honestly thought you were implying their posing was an attack.
Jack the Ripper shot knives at people by posing I do not blame him if he came to that conclusion.

*notes continuous acknowledge of Joseph doing impossible tricks with objects*

Really, the best evidence for Joseph's teleporting things power comes from when he tricks people into thinking Santana ate his hand. He explains that he pulled his hand into his sleeve to hide it from view.

Joseph doesn't wear sleeves.

*notes continuous acknowledge of Joseph doing impossible tricks with objects*

Really, the best evidence for Joseph's teleporting things power comes from when he tricks people into thinking Santana ate his hand. He explains that he pulled his hand into his sleeve to hide it from view.

Joseph doesn't wear sleeves.

Maybe he was subconsciously using Hermit Purple to troll people?

Back