Stress: 5/10

Accomplishments
Mechanical Engineering degree
Got a job in your field
Type 37 Special Purpose Rifle
Type 38 Self-Loading Pistol

Friends
Maeda Rumi: Your roommate.
Sanders Clara Rose: A colleague who works for Naylor, Sons & Daughters.

Coworkers
Mr. Watanabe: Your superior.
Mr. Akutagawa: The boss of the company.

Workshop 3
Ms. Ikeda Nioh: Chemist. She also seems to be Mr Watanabe's personal secretary, but you're not sure if that's an official position.
Mr. Yakade Yasuo: Physicist, specialized in ballistics. A living, breathing Technical Appendix C.
Mx. Kusonoki Mayumi: Has a degree in materials science. Gets a look on their face when they say they know more about wood than anyone.
Mr. Shiragiku Hideyoshi: Metalworker. Having met him, you've learned why metalworking is a craft and the meaning of the phrase "thinks himself heaven's gift to women".
Mr. Kashiwa Ichiro: An apprentice gunsmith with a background in carpentry and actually using guns on people.

Technologies
Rifles (Familiar)
Shotguns (Familiar)
Pistols (Familiar)

Rotate-and-pull bolts (Practical)
Straight-pull bolts (Practical)
Aperture sights (Practical)
Stripper clips (Practical)
Lever-delayed blowback operation (Practical)
Double-stack magazines (Practical)
Single-action handguns (Practical)
En bloc clips (Conceptual)
Simple blowback operation (Conceptual)
Short recoil operation (Conceptual)
Toggle-delayed blowback operation (Conceptual)
Blow forward operation (Conceptual)
Simple blowback operation (Conceptual)
Double-action pistols (Conceptual)
Automatic revolvers (Conceptual)

Last edited:
Good grief. This thing is a cannon.
No fucking kidding, sheesh. I can only say cutting edge now looking at that, the other response is too emotionless for this beauty.

[] I wanted to give Your Imperial Majesty something unique and cutting edge.

[X] I heard Your Imperial Majesty enjoyed target shooting, so I designed it for Your Imperial Majesty.

Convinced by @The Laurent

Last edited:
Cutting edge, though?! That thing's a blunt weapon. Do clubs have cutting edges? :V

No fucking kidding, sheesh. I can only say cutting edge now looking at that, the other response is too emotionless for this beauty.

[X] I wanted to give Your Imperial Majesty something unique and cutting edge.

I could see that answer, by the way, but in a way after all of these presents which in no way connect to her or anything she'll actually enjoy beyond today, letting her know that we actually thought about how she might use it seems kinda neat.

Last edited:
Good grief. This thing is a cannon.
The cartridge we ended up using was also insane, if I recall correctly - super long bullet with super high cross sectional density backed by a quantity of propellant that was literally a calculation error at first.
I could see that answer, by the way, but in a way after all of these presents which in no way connect to her or anything she'll actually enjoy beyond today, letting her know that we actually thought about how she might use it seems kinda neat.
You've convinced me. Basically every post we made, early on, was about trying to figure out what the Empress would want to shoot. And I think that that's probably an answer she'd appreciate - I bet she doesn't get many things that are for her rather than for the Empress.

[X] I heard Your Imperial Majesty enjoyed target shooting, so I designed it for Your Imperial Majesty.

But does it qualify as, perhaps, a light anti-material rifle?

Don't forget that everyone else in the audience is listening, too, not just the Empress. How do you think all those fishermen will feel with the implication that they didn't do the same, huh? :V (Well, they already know their gifts really are just for show.)

Last edited:

Yeah, showing personal consideration is better than basically saying "we tried to show off".

Polite with a little implied 'You wanted a powerful gun instead of a petite rifle, right?'

Probably overly forward but honest and we seem pretty off balance socially.

An old quote from a very ancient RPG campaign I remember from college: "Fish is a fine, fine thing to be givin' a woman."

Last edited:

I prefer target shooting to cutting edge. Cutting edge is vague, target shooting is a function and we have made a functional looking gun when the 'proper' thing would be to make a beautiful one. To justify that choice the gun must be seen to be excellent at what it does so we should say what it's supposed to do. Target shooting says try it out and it is trying it out that will make the Empress go wow in front of dignitaries (with procurement budgets).

I prefer target shooting to cutting edge. Cutting edge is vague, target shooting is a function and we have made a functional looking gun when the 'proper' thing would be to make a beautiful one. To justify that choice the gun must be seen to be excellent at what it does so we should say what it's supposed to do. Target shooting says try it out and it is trying it out that will make the Empress go wow in front of dignitaries (with procurement budgets).
Thing is, this gun isn't actually that good at target shooting?

It's a ridiculously accurate, high power gun, but it's overspecialized.

On most target shooting courses, you won't need that massive power and range, because the target will be too close for it to be effective. Meanwhile, the very high weight and high recoil will make prolonged useage uncomfortable.

This is a gun to take to a special-built range to show off with, and then place in a museum as a show off piece.

Back