GAME ON [The Gamer/Negima]

How so? im actually really enjoying it.
It may get better, but as of now, it's jarring more than anything, to me, at least.

All the forced mysteriousness, keeping things about the outcome of Negima vague, especially when Negima itself has a missing final arc and leaves a number of threads hanging, - those kinds of things considerably decrease my enjoyment of UQ Holder thus far, to the point that I do not consider it part of Negima canon but rather a spin-off of debatable canonicity. For all we know, this may be Chao's timeline.

That the protagonist is a boring invincible hero right from the start doesn't improve my impression by any stretch, either. Ah, well, at least he's becoming more tolerable bit by bit, though maybe it's just because I'm getting used to him as he is.

But anyway, this is not the place to discuss this, so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
It may get better, but as of now, it's jarring more than anything, to me, at least.

All the forced mysteriousness, keeping things about the outcome of Negima vague, especially when Negima itself has a missing final arc and leaves a number of threads hanging, - those kinds of things considerably decrease my enjoyment of UQ Holder thus far, to the point that I do not consider it part of Negima canon but rather a spin-off of debatable canonicity. For all we know, this may be Chao's timeline.

That the protagonist is a boring invincible hero right from the start doesn't improve my impression by any stretch, either. Ah, well, at least he's becoming more tolerable bit by bit, though maybe it's just because I'm getting used to him as he is.

But anyway, this is not the place to discuss this, so I'll leave it at that.
True, it's somewhat disappointing for now, but it may get better. After all, Negima's first chapters where reaaaaaally hard to read through.

Though, Evangeline seems pretty OOC, and Magia Ereba for no reason was really meh. All in all, I don't like the protagonist...

That's Evangeline after 80 years of having friends and companions, an unknown number of years being a leader of an organization, and 2 years of being a mother. I would be surprised if she wasn't different.

True, it's somewhat disappointing for now, but it may get better. After all, Negima's first chapters where reaaaaaally hard to read through.

Though, Evangeline seems pretty OOC, and Magia Ereba for no reason was really meh. All in all, I don't like the protagonist...
Well, she is rather mellow here and all but there were the seeds of this side of her all the way back when she saved negi at the end, and now that she has her powers she doesnt really need to pretend, also just two years of exposure to negi mellowed her out quite a lot now imagine what 80 years with him and the others?

[x] Hint J: Quests of high difficulty represent significant achievements and prizes. But achievement is often balanced with consequence. Choose your battles carefully... but be willing to risk a bit for your goals. Those who choose their battles well can craft their destinies. And those who Dare, Win!
[x] Hint M: Exploration is fun and essential to a gamer's growth. A completed map is a map which yields its secrets and rewards the gamer fabulously, a well as provides unique travel options. Your map may only be completed in your own presence. Go out and explore!

[x] Hint J: Check your Journal regularly to keep track of your quest details. Some quests have time limits or other conditions for failure, as well as penalties for failing. While you should avoid quests you're unable to complete, be sure to keep the potential gains in mind when deciding which quests to accept. You can turn off quest autoaccept in the options menu.

[x] Hint M: You can make annotations in the Map! Use annotations to mark points of interest on the map, or to label map extensions from real maps that might not be accurate until you go there yourself!

Last edited:
[x] Hint M: You can make annotations in the Map! Use annotations to mark points of interest on the map, or to label map extensions from real maps that might not be accurate until you go there yourself!

[x] Hint J: Check your Journal regularly to keep track of your quest details. Some quests have time limits or other conditions for failure, as well as penalties for failing. While you should avoid quests you're unable to complete, be sure to keep the potential gains in mind when deciding which quests to accept. You can turn off quest autoaccept in the options menu.

@Xicree, @mc2rpg, @Crow
Your map hint looks like all it does is encourage her to fill in her maps. It misses out entirely on letting her know about annotations.
Your journal hint encourages her to choose her battles, but misses on cluing her into the option that would let her do that, and is also more vague.
why do you choose this vote?

@Xicree, @mc2rpg, @Crow
Your map hint looks like all it does is encourage her to fill in her maps. It misses out entirely on letting her know about annotations.
Your journal hint encourages her to choose her battles, but misses on cluing her into the option that would let her do that, and is also more vague.
why do you choose this vote?
There, Happy?

Well. Voting is now closed. Later than usual actually. I'm going to try and get the update done tonight... don't think I'll make it...

It's also going to be the last tutorial update, I think...

That's Evangeline after >80 years of having friends and companions, an unknown number of years being a leader of an organization, and 2 years of being a mother. I would be surprised if she wasn't different.
Yes. Exactly. She's different. Without the process being shown, only told. That's why, I think of her as an entirely different character, or just a legacy character in all but name.

Yes. Exactly. She's different. Without the process being shown, only told. That's why, I think of her as an entirely different character, or just a legacy character in all but name.
We are SHOWN here pretty much raising Touta in the beginning of the manga.
We are SHOWN that alot of time has passed by.
And when she reverts to CHILD form she tends to act alot more like OLD Eva.

We are SHOWN here pretty much raising Touta in the beginning of the manga.
We are SHOWN that alot of time has passed by.
And when she reverts to CHILD form she tends to act alot more like OLD Eva.
I still don't feel the Eva-ness much... Well, it may just be a matter of how we saw the character.

And is it me, or is the timeline a complete clusterfuck?

Spoiler:

We're 80 years after Negima, approximatively
A hunter says he saw Negi fighting the mage of the begining (Nagi) 10 years ago
70 years ago ( Negima's Epilogue, which is 10 years after Negima), Nagi is shown to have been released
So yeah, maybe it wasn't Nagi.
However, in the flashback, Negi is shown alongside Fate, who says that he waited 20 years to try and save Negi.

Was Akamatsu drunk, or is it an in story conspiracy?

I still don't feel the Eva-ness much... Well, it may just be a matter of how we saw the character.

And is it me, or is the timeline a complete clusterfuck?

Spoiler:

We're 80 years after Negima, approximatively
A hunter says he saw Negi fighting the mage of the begining (Nagi) 10 years ago
70 years ago ( Negima's Epilogue, which is 10 years after Negima), Nagi is shown to have been released
So yeah, maybe it wasn't Nagi.
However, in the flashback, Negi is shown alongside Fate, who says that he waited 20 years to try and save Negi.

Was Akamatsu drunk, or is it an in story conspiracy?
It's obviously time travel. Or aliens. Maybe both!

Back