Fiend: Thread Three, Thread Harder. [Exalted/Worm]

Ramenth said:
Doesn't Cauldron know the real story behind the Endbringers, while everyone else believes that all you can do is hurt them until they retreat?
Nope. They might suspect that someone created Endbringers, but they don't know who it was.

I just had an amusing idea. It has the upside of being believable.

Number Man: Collect Noelles remains, throw them through the portal at so and so.
Skitter: But, I want to fight against the Simurgh!
Number Man: We have transportation ready.
Skitter: I'll be late with regular means, the Protectorate has teleporters.
Number Man: I did just mention a portal, didn't I?

Skitter: Ok, I gave you the remains of that Endbringer-like parahuman. Where's my portal to the Simurgh?
Number Man: That'll be one more favor.

He is, but she can work around it with a good Eidolon-model. Like all models, it's not faultless; she can't use her power to it's full extend, ie she can presumably beat him in a fight, argue in a way that makes him walk away happy, but she can't argue in a way that'll make him stay happy. It's perfectly possible something slipped past Contessa and she forgot to include something in her model. It works on human error and "Eidolon subconsciously created the Endbringers" is pretty far out there.

Arcman said:
He isn't because Contessa knows him that well. He notes it in his own interlude.
Yes, but he himself had no idea that he was the one responsible for Endbringers. He had no idea that he could make them either. So, if Contessa can only analyze him based on what she sees of him, she wouldn't know either.

Or worse: Simurgh turns Heartbreaker into a honest-to-god threat, instead of sitting on his arse wallowing in luxury like he does.

Drakeneisen said:
Well, that's what they say during one of the Legion of Doom meetings, but if you are prepared to accept things Cauldron says at face value I have some real estate on Earth Gimmel to sell you.
I am prepared to trust stuff they say to Tattletale's face. Lying directly to her is pretty much impossible.

Blade4 said:
What favor could he possible ask right now? Not to fight?

Sucks Damsel chickened out. She could have been devastating but if she is that terrified... Hell maybe she should rethink the whole big league thing.
Dude. She just got out of being captured, and doesn't want to go off and fight what could be a Avatar of Death itself?

Color me surprised.

Levithan? Death toll easily topping 10 million, and that's just from directly attributable deaths.

Behemoth? He didn't earn the nickname "Herokiller" for nothing.

Smirugh? You'll spend the rest of your life under the kind of surveillance that Oceania would be envious of.

Blade4 said:
Maybe. Go big time.

If she cannot find it in her to face one of them best she goes home because if she keeps going with Taylor it is only going to get worse.
And yet she isn't big time, already.

Why?

And well its not like they know that at least one in 4 fighters against a Endbringer will die. And that is against Leviathan so the others are worse in regards to capes dying against them.

Blade4 said:
Maybe because I am a bastard but her whole thing is she want to be famous. Go big time. Well nothing bigger than the endbringers and that is a situation were everyone able should step up because if you do not well that's all she wrote...

If she cannot find it in her to face one of them best she goes home because if she keeps going with Taylor it is only going to get worse.
She doesn't have any mental defenses. She wouldn't have been allowed to participate anyway.

Scya said:
And well its not like they know that at least one in 4 fighters against a endbringer will die. And that is against Leviathan so the others are worse.
At Best. 1 in 4 will die against Leviathan on a good day like Brockton Bay had.

I imagine far more would die on a bad day.

UberJJK said:
At Best. 1 in 4 will die against Leviathan on a good day like Brockton Bay had.

I imagine far more would die on a bad day.
Well the 1one in 4 figure was mention prior to the good fight And yeah as I said others are worse as seen with you getting a suicide bomb if you fight her.

Arkeus said:
Leviathan (i think he was the one?) pretty much destroyed Tokyo, iirc.
Kyushu. It's one of the 4 islands that make up Japan, third largest. Tokyo is the capital of Japan is on the island Honshu which is the biggest of the four.

Current population of Kyushu is 13 million.

UberJJK said:
Kyushu. It's one of the 4 islands that make up Japan, third largest. Tokyo is the capital of Japan is on the island Honshu which is the biggest of the four.

Current population of Kyushu is 13 million.
and he sank Newfoundland, buts that's only half a million.

Ramenth said:
Unless it is is infallible, and this is the path to victory.

I mean, lets face it. Unless Worm is an out and out tragedy where everyone dies in the end and it was all for nothing, she's pretty much following the Path To Victory.
Contessa's path to victory is flat out not reliable given that she can't take into account the endbringers (so anything caused by the endbringers means she needs to activate her powers all over again in the best case scenario); and this is why Cauldron has been pretty much Incompetent Inc. so far.

Back