...Still, he should at least try and give some advice. "That said... if you really want something, you should... just take what you want, sometimes? Don't be rude or anything I guess... except when you have to be? That's... how the world works? I think?" He glances at Fou, hoping for any sort of positive reaction. The little creature is sticking its tongue out at him.

"Nothing," Roman says with a smile. "I'm saying that... technically speaking, I'm Mashu's father."

The irony of this is amazing.

Elsewhere in the indescribable realm of the Kaleidoscope, in a realm beyond the reach of man, one person witnesses this debate and laughs himself silly.

"...Hahaha! He keeps falling for it," the man in white robes snickers, his hair also a luscious plume of white, his hands resting on a keyboard of pure white and blue, glowing with ethereal power. "What a fucking normie."

This coming from a hikikomori.

He tried his best. He really did. It feels like it's been literal years since he's seen the daylight, felt the wind on his cheek, known the sound of another voice. And he's still surrounded by paper, reports that need filing, updates that need reading, everything that needs to be everything. He's losing hold of his humanity, losing sight of what he's fighting for. What is the sun? What is a song? What are words? Where is he? Who is he?
The Ultimate Being and Greatest Evil of the Universe: PAPERWORK.
...Still, he should at least try and give some advice. "That said... if you really want something, you should... just take what you want, sometimes? Don't be rude or anything I guess... except when you have to be? That's... how the world works? I think?"
What he means, Mashu, is that you should throw Ritsuka over your shoulder and declare your claim on him.
She sinks even deeper into her fetal hug. "That's right... I'm a Demi-Servant, I'm stronger than him... Maybe he doesn't like me now..."

"B-B-BUT Ritsuka isn't that kind of boy! He likes strong girls! Loves them, actually! More than anything!"

Mashu lifts her head and looks blearily at one of her arms. She pinches a bicep but finds very little purchase. Sighing, she sinks back down into the depths of her self-created hell.
The ship is sinking, I repeat, the sip is sinking! All men to the pumps, ALL MEN TO THE PUMPS!!!

Conceptual shenanigans are always great. Merlin and the Emprah should really compare notes sometime.

That's Merlin? I thought it was Zeltrech there.
Nope, Merlin. Zelretch isn't actually all that much of a troll, and also is mysteriously missing during this entire Goetia fiasco. Tbh I'm not sure where he is, since it seems like "defend humanity from cross-timeline and atemporal shenanigans" is part of his job description; it's not impossible that he got caught off-guard and Incinerated with the rest of humanity, though.

Romani be strong somewhere in the multiverse there is a female merlin, if you get a ruby you can have your Magi ☆ Mari

Nope, Merlin. Zelretch isn't actually all that much of a troll, and also is mysteriously missing during this entire Goetia fiasco. Tbh I'm not sure where he is, since it seems like "defend humanity from cross-timeline and atemporal shenanigans" is part of his job description; it's not impossible that he got caught off-guard and Incinerated with the rest of humanity, though.
Actually, I would think that like Strange Fake, FGO is the kind of situation he outright can't intervene in.

To put it simply, Zelretch intervening in something does weird shit to how timelines work.

*A note attached to his office door in Clock Tower*
"Sorry, kids, I'm out of dimension dealing with something even worse. :)"

Actually, I would think that like Strange Fake, FGO is the kind of situation he outright can't intervene in.

To put it simply, Zelretch intervening in something does weird shit to how timelines work.
The thing is, we're outside the Tree of Time, or... not quite outside, but off to the side? Adjacent?

Basically, the Quantum Time Locks and timeline culling mechanics that had him worried in SF were intentionally made inoperational by Goetia's Incineration, and Chaldea stands aside from most of those mechanisms regardless. "Chaldea goes back in time to destroy Goetia" doesn't have the same kind of, mm... in the same way that Chaldea can move between singularities and parallel timelines within our current Tree but not (on its own power) interact with other Trees like Prillya's, I think that "an alternate Chaldea" is another meta-level up the timeline branches and thus that Zelretch's Magic observation problem may not necessarily apply here. He may not even be able to navigate to alternate Chaldeas, though I am generally pretty leery of assuming limits to True Magic within its domain.

And even if it did, it seems like whereas in SF there's a lot of high-powered players involved, this is a fairly straightforward "Chaldea beats Goetia's face in" plot where Zelretch's presence is mostly just going to help?

Last edited:
Now I'm kinda worried. Singularities was bad on it's own, he didn't intervene. Okay, cool. It works up in the end.

And now Lostbelt came, Celestial Bodies became invisible from Earth. All of them.

Including Sun and Moon.

Why in the bloody hell he's not intervene yet?!

Now I'm kinda worried. Singularities was bad on it's own, he didn't intervene. Okay, cool. It works up in the end.

And now Lostbelt came, Celestial Bodies became invisible from Earth. All of them.

Including Sun and Moon.

Too busy being the ROB/ plot device of a hundred thousand bad fanfics.

The people at the Clocktower read this seconds before the incineration started. :p

Including Sun and Moon.

I have it head canon'd he's making sure to save as much of the worlds in the Kaleidoscope as possible, or at least survey the damage and what he can help salvage.

Or he's effed off to the Prisma Illya at this time so he can conveniently become involved in an event later.

The Fifth grants you no particular ability to sidestep the Incineration the way the Second does. The Third might let you survive it, we know nothing about the Fourth but given that it "concealed itself" I'd be willing to bet you could survive it with the Fourth, but neither the First nor the Fifth grant you any particular durability or mobility.

Well, it's not impossible that you could do something really fancy with the Fifth, but... like, the Fifth definitively does not cover "time travel." That's not even strictly speaking Magic, but if it was it'd be the Second.

(Also Aoko is a shitty Magician who hasn't really figured out the details of her own Magic yet, that doesn't help.)

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. I do see a couple ways you might be able to use something that looks kind of like the Fifth to survive the Incineration. Last point still stands, though, and also we know jack and shit about the Fifth other than "weird xp transfer Magic" so theorizing is difficult.

Last edited:
Today is a blessed day because i found this fic after rolling Casko, my first 5star, and Umu, first ever saber, in the same summoning.

the Fifth definitively does not cover "time travel."

The fifth does timetravel by messing with causality on a single timestream, like the stuff that happens when you invoke Gae Bolg or Fragarach only on a much grander scale, while the second does it by stepping outside the timestream and entering at another point. So technically timetravel is not the main purpose but a side effect for both of them.

That concludes that the fifth would be useless in the Grand Order case because it needs a timeline to function and with the whole of human history incinerated there's not much of a timeline left. As for the seconds its likely not a big deal because while that specific path of human history is gone there are still others around so no worries.

Meta reason for why Aoko is not in FGO? FGO would like to avoid Tsukihime whenever possible which includes Aoko. Notice that there isn't even a single CE about the Tsukihime cast? Sure references are okay like Sion's Atlas Academy suite but she is more Melty Blood than Tsukihime. It is the reason why Arcuied despite showing up in Fate Extra is absent. Aoko is more in line with Tsukihime over any other franchise. Heck KnK was only inferred once in the 2yrs of FGO.

If they have a Mahou Tsukai no Yorou event then we will probably see something like Caster Aoko or something...

In universe reason? Zelretch is probably dealing with something even worse or perhaps isolating this particular branch of humanity from the rest, kinda like a quarantine. Arcueid is probably still asleep. Altrouge is most likely dead as in FGO timeline she doesn't have Primate Murder. Also given these events in Lostbelt, Type Mercury is probably eating something agian...

Back