Trade happens without our intervention, you know. We'd get that benefit without wasting effort on trade right before a war. Also there's no way anyone who knows anything about logistics, which Caesar does, is going to be letting his main military enemy in the region receive free trade. That'd be moronic.

Listen, I get wanting trading. I want it too. I love it, it'll be a nice little change to Brotherhood attitudes when it goes right, it'll be good to integrate ourselves. But now just isn't the time for it. We'll establish it and then get at the very most a couple of months from it until it's stomped on. The Brotherhood is already against trading. If one of the earliest things that happens with it is it's stopped by war, we're going to get an even greater pushback. Trading needs more time to settle in to let the more recalcitrant BoS members see the benefits and grow accustomed to it.

If we want lots of robots, which we do, we'll want lots of people good at programming. True though, they're not as beneficial comparatively as mining robots are. But it's probably going to be more useful than trading, which takes longer to take effect and will be immediately hampered by war.

Fair. You've convinced me - I didn't think of potential BoS backlash or local backlash if associating with the Brotherhood caused brutal Legion strikes. Locals would want us to give protection, causing a growing backlash loop.

That was a really pathetic if.

It's acquiring a WW2 bomber when you already own full schematics for advanced contemporary bombers, no? An if seems justified.

Different strokes. Vaults isn't a bad idea, we just have different priorities. I figure Vaults won't be as important now that we've got the ability to construct our own bases, places like Fort Elijah and the soon-to-exist Fort Elias. A handy increase, but a shortsighted one. You (probably) figure that it's less shortsighted and more aiming for an early stim boost to give better long-term performance.

Indeed. Without the focus on trade and using Vaults as future trading outposts though, they're less valuable in my eyes for long-term performance.

Does your plan have a Learning vote? I didn't see it. But I still don't think the Brotherhood needs much military advice, so if we're not going trading (and thus benefiting from Pre-War Corporation research), perhaps we should start on Advanced Old World Programming? High probability of success and would improve all of our robots we're building. It would be really nice if we had a source of electronics, though.

[X] Plan Bing Bong
-[X] Magical Mystery Tour
--[X] Crashed B-29 - 20 Knights
--[X] Deathclaw Promontory - 67 Paladins
--[X] Vault 22 - 10 Paladins, 14 Knights
-[X] The House Always Wins: Part II
-[X] Steel Legion
--[X] Mister Handy Variant
---[X] Mr. Ore
---[X] Mr. Field

Last edited:
There's a point, we don't actually know 100% what the skilled labour is. I assumed it was farmers because the programming could just be "perform the actions you receive cues for" with the how being programmed in. Regardless, people can easily be trained for it. If it's people skilled in programming, that's honestly all the better. If we want lots of robots, which we do, we'll want lots of people good at programming. True though, they're not as beneficial comparatively as mining robots are. But it's probably going to be more useful than trading, which takes longer to take effect and will be immediately hampered by war.
The Mr. Fields require supervisors highly skilled in programming/robotics and moderately skilled in farming.
Different strokes. Vaults isn't a bad idea, we just have different priorities. I figure Vaults won't be as important now that we've got the ability to construct our own bases, places like Fort Elijah and the soon-to-exist Fort Elias. A handy increase, but a shortsighted one. You (probably) figure that it's less shortsighted and more aiming for an early stim boost to give better long-term performance.
You may be overestimating the speed with which your bases will be built. You currently don't have the steel need to expand Fort Elijah, let alone the time and resources needed to build Fort Elias. Vaults are a good deal cheaper, and faster, than building your own bases.

It's acquiring a WW2 bomber when you already own full schematics for advanced contemporary bombers, no? An if seems justified.
... *googles*

Indeed, the B-29 is a WW2 thing. I just assumed it was a Pre-War artefact of high tech. I'd like to rescind that comment, it was ignorant of me.

Does your plan have a Learning vote? I didn't see it. But I still don't think the Brotherhood needs much military advice, so if we're not going trading (and thus benefiting from Pre-War Corporation research), perhaps we should start on Advanced Old World Programming? High probability of success and would improve all of our robots we're building. It would be really nice if we had a source of electronics, though.
Wait, did we have a Learning slot? God damn, I am one blind motherfucker.

[X] Plan Bing Bong
-[X] Magical Mystery Tour
--[X] Crashed B-29 - 20 Knights
--[X] Deathclaw Promontory - 67 Paladins
--[X] Vault 22 - 10 Paladins, 14 Knights
-[X] The House Always Wins: Part II
-[X] Steel Legion
--[X] Mister Handy Variant
---[X] Mr. Ore
---[X] Mr. Field
I always feel vaguely guilty when people change their votes after I debate with them. It doesn't make sense, I just always do.

You may be overestimating the speed with which your bases will be built. You currently don't have the steel need to expand Fort Elijah, let alone the time and resources needed to build Fort Elias. Vaults are a good deal cheaper, and faster, than building your own bases.
Hmm. Possibly. But it doesn't change for me that Vaults are much more easily put off. Still, food for thought. And a lesson that I need to pay more than a cursory glance at resources.

You already did cerulean robotics, I just forgot to remove it from the list.

Thanks switching to Sunset again thanks.

We can finish the current fort right? It says we have 2 steel, 3 metal, and 28 concrete, and we only need 1 steel, 1 metal, and 2 concrete.

Thanks switching to Sunset again thanks.

We can finish the current fort right? It says we have 2 steel, 3 metal, and 28 concrete, and we only need 1 steel, 1 metal, and 2 concrete.
You need 2 steel, 2 metal, and 4 concrete to finish the project. However, expanding the base with additional facilities will require additional materials.

[X] Plan Bing Bong

We should honestly be going for the 'low,' hanging fruit in Learning rather than more weapon's research. This will do though.

pre-war military is low hanging fruit. It is tactics, organization, and logistics. Things like that not weapons.

Research
-[] Elijah's Little Helpers [Locked] (1)
-[] The old world has burned.
--[] Industrial Technology
---[] Electronics Manufacturing [Locked] (1)
-[] The old world has burned.
--[] Military Technology
---[] Advanced Explosive Weapons [Locked] (3)
-[] Sifting Through the Ashes
--[] Pre-War Military
-[] A challenger has arisen: Part II [Locked] (4)

I just noticed but you have 5 actions here when we have 4 slots, which are all locked. You'll need to drop the Pre-war military option.

I just noticed but you have 5 actions here when we have 4 slots, which are all locked. You'll need to drop the Pre-war military option.

Does your plan [Fezzes] have a Learning vote? I didn't see it.
Wait, did we have a Learning slot? God damn, I am one blind motherfucker.

N-No isaac didn't have to point out for me - twice, in two separate posts - the location of obvious information in his update. Why do you ask?

Reading is hard today.

Honestly glad I'm winning just so I can see people actually write up Plan Bing Bong as their choice. On the one hand I need to get better at naming plans, but on the other this is delicious

Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by Crazy7s1 on Dec 28, 2018 at 4:06 PM, finished with 36 posts and 16 votes.

Back