DtG: Destroy the Godmodder (The Broken Masquerade)

(x3) I Call upon the Shades of Absolute Zero and Elsa and with a song of Frosty Winds and "Let it Go" and a YEET of both shades into Surtur, his connection to the Elemental Plane of Fire is temporarily stemmed while his "body" 's temperature is set at absolute Zero.

Looking at the RPG Arm from within his "Masterpiece", the Loony starts shifting the shape and mechanism in the arm to fit its name better...

The result of this has changed the arm, once being capable of shooting rocket, now makes it so that the arm is now propelled by a rocket as it holds a grenade to impact the enemy it hits, making it rather effective in inflicting blows as it now has more mass and explosive end to boot. The downside being, for all that extra power, it's a single-use item as the Grenade will more than likely blow up the arm as well.

Whatever the case, with the weapon heft into a weapon slot, the Loony points the Rocket-Propelled Grenade Arm at Surtur and fire it. The Loony manually controls it and make sure that it burns out all that rocket fuel before the impact, which makes a resounding thud when the grenade gripped fist hits the ancient being head-on before having the Grenade to explode in a heat eating wave of frost and general lack of energy, making the rocket socket the that once was the useless as the arm cracked and froze over in the explosion.

Surtur 5
((I'm switching to another GMing voice, getting the hang of it. Just a reminder that this is in-character.))
"Before anything else, Surtur..."
"I thought that was the intent-it was certainly my own. Look, I didn't hand the ray. I'd already set up the trade in the SAFE before dying. So, when I saw I was holding the freeze ray and ought to be out of the fight, I did my best to set things up as they would be if I was dead, or no longer existed: the freeze ray on the ground in the vicinity of the safe, held by nobody."
"if I was dead, CGC3 would still have picked up the ray, because they still knew it was there, and used it on you, very likely. The only scenario where the ray doesn't get used is when I'm kicked out of the fight And your attack destroys the freeze rat in the process, or if we acknowledge that I'm out of the fight and I then take the ray with me, which would be continuing to influence the fight."
"(Or, i guess, if CGC3 realized you consider this dishonour.)"
"I apologise for any dishonour you percieve this to have caused; CGC3 would have known and not done so, but the Soul Gem is evidently incapable of making computational copies of the freeze ray; as such, they lost the ability to see how you would react to it, and knew not to avoid the action."
Pastry Paladin picks up everything CGC3 had except the Soul Gem, which goes to CGOC.
Other actions after that are 1) use the Reality Gem on the Laboratory to give it a boost of some kind and 2) heal up the Cake.
The Cake Mooks will expend the research they used the Laboratory to do in order to increase the Size of The Cake's Shield health.
The Cake will presumably use To Me,Confectionarians. to summon what? I dunno.
I also suggest The Cake to the health to healing sacrifice. Why? Because the Cake is immune to damage while the number of KoK is equal to or greater then 10, and there are 11 right now (+ the contents of To Me, Confectionarians. ). So,this heals it to full.
CGOC will use the soul stone given to them by Cake Guy to figure out how to explain to surtur what it was before Surtur can kill anything else. that is, if the above sentance is insufficient, they will say something sufficient, as long as there exist true sufficient statements. If they have actions left, they heal the Lab.

Does CGC4 get another respawn from here? Fourth in a trillogy is fully charged, and the EOTB still lists them as having 1 AP...
"N̂̆Y͆ͮ͡Ǎ͊̈̒̏̿A͊͋̓ͩ̀̾̆AA̓̿ͥͫ͒A̵ͧA̋̈͐ͪ̐ͭͦ.ͣ͋ͧ͒̚͠ "
Surtur does not listen to any of your words. You pick up the objects inside your cake's remains, and give them to your Cake Copy. Using your solidified singularity of Reality, you increase the Laboratory's capacity for creating worthwhile discoveries. You order your entities to act, and they listen.
FOCUS: Despara enacts 'a state of division': that is, the insertion of a large cube of extra space area between Surtur's torso and Axe-wielding arm, for the sake of literal disarmament. Air rushes in before fire does to fill the new space: an arm is torn off, and an Axe brought with it. Such are the flaws of manifestation in humanoid form.

"@Pweron Dum yo what art thou doing" Chad Buskin says, exiting harmlessly from the side of a horse like he was just riding inside it the whole time. "you're not a self-insert but you've got some form of imperial privilege mojo to y'all shenanigans so i'm sure you've got power going on somehow. boot up your unit designation, check yo privilege, and let's find out ma'am."
43,000 Damage. You add a length of space to Surtur's right arm, ripping it from his body. As the Axe goes flying, Surtur reduces in mass once more, reallocating flesh from his molten being to regenerate a new arm.

Who is Pweron Dum? There is only me here, observing and narrating your actions.
((From this point forward, things have gone from 'a person reenacting events' to 'what's actually happening.' Keep that in mind.))
(x3) I Call upon the Shades of Absolute Zero and Elsa and with a song of Frosty Winds and "Let it Go" and a YEET of both shades into Surtur, his connection to the Elemental Plane of Fire is temporarily stemmed while his "body" 's temperature is set at absolute Zero.
40,000 Damage. The cold creeps across Surtur, solidifying a portion of him into stone. Concentrating for a moment, he passes it out of his chest, ejecting it high into the air. He takes

You fail to sever Surtur's connection to the Elemental Plane of Fire, nor do you set his body temperature to zero. Remind yourself that simply stating that something will happen is insufficient grounds for said event to actually happen.
Looking at the RPG Arm from within his "Masterpiece", the Loony starts shifting the shape and mechanism in the arm to fit its name better...

The result of this has changed the arm, once being capable of shooting rocket, now makes it so that the arm is now propelled by a rocket as it holds a grenade to impact the enemy it hits, making it rather effective in inflicting blows as it now has more mass and explosive end to boot. The downside being, for all that extra power, it's a single-use item as the Grenade will more than likely blow up the arm as well.

Whatever the case, with the weapon heft into a weapon slot, the Loony points the Rocket-Propelled Grenade Arm at Surtur and fire it. The Loony manually controls it and make sure that it burns out all that rocket fuel before the impact, which makes a resounding thud when the grenade gripped fist hits the ancient being head-on before having the Grenade to explode in a heat eating wave of frost and general lack of energy, making the rocket socket the that once was the useless as the arm cracked and froze over in the explosion.
90,000 Damage. Forced to lose even more mass, Surtur switches to a two-handed grip on his Laevateinn.

How boring. You call yourself a Lunatic, yet you chose to convert a Rocket-Propelled Glaive into a form fitting of its standard abbreviation?

The Black Moon continues to channel heat into the Cake Pile. High above, another Moon falls towards the ground, directly on top of Surtur, who is crushed underneath. 190,000 Damage.

For a few moments, all is still. Then, a magmatic arm reaches out from the rubble. Climbing out from the dust, Surtur channels the totality of his unagumented Fire Magic through his sword, he plunges it into the ground. The tectonic plate beneath your feet fractures, as magma from the mantle erupts upwards, showering lava and gases across the battlefield, dealing 20,000 damage each to the Laboratory, Cake Mooks, Desparademon, Cake Pile, Pastry Paladin and Loony. The might of this act disables his regeneration this round.

The Time being does not intervene. It continues to WATCH.

The Cake uses To me, Confectionarians to create an entity ((Please give me something to work with please.))
Full of "Science", the Laboratory increases the shielding of the Cake by 25,000. Cake Guy of Cake attempts to use the Soul Stone to pacify Surtur. This fails, as Surtur is set on destroying the Cake Kingdom. Such is the irritably of Surtur. I wonder if you can find a way to stop him....
Otherwise, the Cake Guy of Cake heals the Laboratory by 20,000.

FIELD: BLACK MOON. Power: 10%. Loses Power each round. Releases Heat on one Target.

[N][BOSS] Surtur. 702,000/1,800,000 Hp. 10,000 Armour. 100,000 Regen. [A] Laevateinn. Strong Power. Divinium.
[PS] Plasma Barrier. 150,000/150,000 Hp. [A] "Extra-Strong Souped-Up Freeze Ray". Setting: 2/10. Uses: ???

[N] Transdimensional Safe-based Item Exchange Network. Insert valuables, describe situation, receive more practical valuables (minus tax).

[???][ELITE] Time Being. 100/100 Hp.

[A] Flamethrowers. Uses: 3. Faint Power!
[A] Tesla Canon. Uses: 3. Moderate Power!
[A] Acidic Spray. Uses: 2! Faint Power!
[A] Artifact of Force. Uses: 1. Strong Power!
[A] The Axe. Overwhelming Power.

[AS-Pastry Paladin][BOSS] The Cake 195,000/250,000 HP. 100,000/150,000 Shp, 30R. 1 AC. Knight of Kake: 4/6. To me, confectionarians: 8/8. Renown: [6-X]. Kingdom size: [1+Y]. Rules over cakes. Frostbrew Icing applied. Cool. Regeneration 10,000, 1.
[AS-JOE???] VOIDSHIP: 53% constructed.
[AS-JOE][ELITE] Laboratory. 85,000/500,000 Hp. 10,000 Armor. Science: 0/15. Unmanned!
[AT-Pastry Paladin] Cake Mooks. 1/4 Hp. [KoK]. x 10
[AT-Pastry Paladin] CGOC. 6/10 Hp. 3 Actions/Round. No extra lives. [KoK] [A] Soul Gem. Strong Power. Simulating an afterlife.
[AT-Pastry Paladin] Stasis Pod. 45,000/100,000 Hp. 75,000/75,000 SHp, 50R. Hosting: [No one].
[AT-Pastry Paladin] Cake Pile. 110,000 Hp. Targeted by Black Moon! +10,000 Hp per round.
[AT-Pastry Paladin] Confectionarian. ?? Hp. Placeholder entity.

[AT] Pastry Paladin. 11/20 Hp. [A] Reality Gem. Strong Power. Slightly cracked! [A] Cute Regen Buckler. +1 Regen!
[AS] True Neo EX. 14/20 Hp. [A] Power Index Finger. Grafted! Mana: 10. Point and Click: 3/3. [A] Time Gem. Strong Power.
[AT] Loony. 13/20 Hp. [A] Animal Masks in a bag. [A] Loony's "Masterpiece". Uses: 4. +2 AC. Moderate Power! Can Both Attacc and Protecc! Can Damage AC. 80% Accuracy. W H Y [A-Part] RPG Arm. Uses: 2. Ignores Dodge! Moderate Power!
[AS] Desparademon. 14/30 Hp. [?] The Truth. Moon-Boosted!
[AT] Dragon of Hope. 15/20 Hp. [A-Part] <==|. [A-Part] <==|. [A-Part] <==|. ((Is this you, ParadoxDragon?))

THE GRAVEYARD
[N] Blazing Deity. 37/60 Hp. [?] The Burden. [A] Mind Gem. Strong Power. Uses: 3. [A] The Tumor.

[???][ELITE] "Worm". 133/133 Hp.

LIMBO
((This is where units players are. If you do not post, I will be assuming that your character was not actually present.[AT] Pweron Dum. 67/90 Hp. NOT A SELF INSERT. Noble Aura! [A] Regen Buckler. 1 Hp Regen/Round.

[AT-Blue Brigadier] Sheep. ??/?? Hp. x2
[AT] Kit. 15/20 Hp. [A] Destiny reference. +40,000 damage. 5/5 ammo.
[AT] Hungry Visitor. 15/20 Hp. [A] The Blue/Purple Card. Uses: 1. Moderate Power.
[AT] [REDACTED]. 20/20 Hp. [A] Infinity Gauntlet. Durability: 2. Strong Power!

Last edited:
Operating as one, the collective bursts into action.

A1 + A2: Despara and Chad quickly claim The Axe before Surtur reclaims it in the chaos of fire. Chad stores it in a power proxying bubble (a cute pink forcefield one with sleek and tastefully-beveled dark blue machinery, glimmering with fuchsia light), meaning that it's not just going to be instareturned to Surtur or anything if it's taken, while the Despara Collective can still use it.
A3: Ushiwakamaru plays a Song of Healing on a koto with such effectiveness, backed by some cool singing and backup dancing from the random other pile of characters, it heals the Despara Collective as an action.

The Confectionarian is to have maximal Renown expended, and be a telekinetic cake, if i can choose that far. Long range, powerful telekinesis.
Such is the irritably of Surtur. I wonder if you can find a way to stop him....
Well, if trying every type of argument and method of pacification I can think of will not convince him to stop, then the only answer is brute force. If Anything other then brute force would work, either I would have tried it (and so succeeded (and so calmed him)), or it would be so outlandish I even now have no chance of thinking it.
[1x]HAYU, TEH CKAKES PILE GOD SMALTER FROM HEATS? HOAW? good question. IAM AMKES THE SPEL OF HEAT->CAKES CONVERTING APLY MORE STRONGERLY TO THE CKAKES PILE, BUT LIKE, RETROACTIVELY,SOTHE HARMING ALREADYH LEPED IT.
[1x]NAO I PICKS UP A CAKE FROM THE CAKE PILE AND THROW IT AT SURTUR, WHEN IT HITS SURTURS FIRE HEAT SELF THING, IT TURNS INTO LOADS OF CAKES AND ABSROBRS THE HEAT.

[1x] LASTLI kinda need this one mhk? O OKAI I GUESSES, Cake Guy picks up the Force Artifact. As they do, Cake Guys Cake stands up- not revived as an entity, but once again animated directly by the Descendancy of Cake Guy. Cake Guy uses the artifact to hold Surtur in place, both keeping them in the path of the thrown Cake from the pile, and keeping them from attacking during these next two actions.
"Surtur, I can tell that there is literally nothing I can say that would see you listen to reason."
"Do you have Any Idea how ridiculous that is? There is - Quite literally- no argument to convince you not to trash a kingdom because one being interpreted your agreement differently then you did."

"I understand that you desire a fight. So, I'm sorry for what follows."
Cake Guy's Cake nods at Cake Guy. Naturally, the Nod is irrelevant. The only reason Cake Guy is able to figure out what they want is the narration Cake Guys Cake is providing making it quite clear.
Specifically, they are to pick up Surtur, and throw him. Far. With such concentrated force to disorient Surtur in the first instant, and with a continued focus to accelerate Surtur further away. into empty space, to be clear; there will not no Ground to jump off. no land to fall to, or spaceship to commandeer. Just... to wait.
for an eternity to pass.
CGOC action 1: tiredly throws some healing on the Laboratory.
CGOC action 2: starts picking up Cakes from the Cake Pile and casting 'Animate Object' on them repeatedly, bringing some of the pile's cakes to life.
CGOC action 3: Trains the new Confectionarian in the arts of Telekinesis, giving them some extra practice.

Newly Animated Cakes: Laboratory.
Confectionarian: Focus, on Surtur. See them, floating in space, perhaps slowly falling towards us, perhaps using their control over fire to thrust themselves towards us?
Grab them. While Surtur is powerful, nearly all physically strong beings need Leverage. friction on the ground is needed to walk. A normal human in the air will not move by flapping their arms.
Yes, this is Surtur. a powerful fire elemental. But we have seen him move physically, along ground and such. So long as he is in the air, he will be very limited, limited to the power of gravity upon him and whatever recoil his energy projection abilities may possess.
Perhaps this will give him time to think... or ourselves, to recuperate.
The Cake is suggested to help the confectionarians or the newly animated cakes, whichever suits its fancy.

Deiteye flickers, and the burden slithers out of them, a staticky tendril. Incredibly fast, it lashes out and wraps around the ""Worm"", before yanking it towards Deiteye. Their eye turns into a huge maw, and they swallow ""Worm"" whole, absorbing some of their aspect powers through conceptual draining or something.

Surtur 6
As a note, just using a focused action isn't enough to make said action more potent. Usually, for like full effect, 50-75 words will be enough. I hope that'll help a bit. In addition, the powerboost which comes from an artifact is partially a sort of "your longposts are going to be more potent" currently, just saying that 'you use said artifact to do X' won't get you very far. I might tweak this mechanic later, but do keep this in mind.
Operating as one, the collective bursts into action.

A1 + A2: Despara and Chad quickly claim The Axe before Surtur reclaims it in the chaos of fire. Chad stores it in a power proxying bubble (a cute pink forcefield one with sleek and tastefully-beveled dark blue machinery, glimmering with fuchsia light), meaning that it's not just going to be instareturned to Surtur or anything if it's taken, while the Despara Collective can still use it.
A3: Ushiwakamaru plays a Song of Healing on a koto with such effectiveness, backed by some cool singing and backup dancing from the random other pile of characters, it heals the Despara Collective as an action.
You pick up the Axe, and design a contingent to keep him from retaking it. Well played.
+6 Hp.
The Confectionarian is to have maximal Renown expended, and be a telekinetic cake, if i can choose that far. Long range, powerful telekinesis.

Well, if trying every type of argument and method of pacification I can think of will not convince him to stop, then the only answer is brute force. If Anything other then brute force would work, either I would have tried it (and so succeeded (and so calmed him)), or it would be so outlandish I even now have no chance of thinking it.
[1x]HAYU, TEH CKAKES PILE GOD SMALTER FROM HEATS? HOAW? good question. IAM AMKES THE SPEL OF HEAT->CAKES CONVERTING APLY MORE STRONGERLY TO THE CKAKES PILE, BUT LIKE, RETROACTIVELY,SOTHE HARMING ALREADYH LEPED IT.
[1x]NAO I PICKS UP A CAKE FROM THE CAKE PILE AND THROW IT AT SURTUR, WHEN IT HITS SURTURS FIRE HEAT SELF THING, IT TURNS INTO LOADS OF CAKES AND ABSROBRS THE HEAT.

[1x] LASTLI kinda need this one mhk? O OKAI I GUESSES, Cake Guy picks up the Force Artifact. As they do, Cake Guys Cake stands up- not revived as an entity, but once again animated directly by the Descendancy of Cake Guy. Cake Guy uses the artifact to hold Surtur in place, both keeping them in the path of the thrown Cake from the pile, and keeping them from attacking during these next two actions.
"Surtur, I can tell that there is literally nothing I can say that would see you listen to reason."
"Do you have Any Idea how ridiculous that is? There is - Quite literally- no argument to convince you not to trash a kingdom because one being interpreted your agreement differently then you did."

"I understand that you desire a fight. So, I'm sorry for what follows."
Cake Guy's Cake nods at Cake Guy. Naturally, the Nod is irrelevant. The only reason Cake Guy is able to figure out what they want is the narration Cake Guys Cake is providing making it quite clear.
Specifically, they are to pick up Surtur, and throw him. Far. With such concentrated force to disorient Surtur in the first instant, and with a continued focus to accelerate Surtur further away. into empty space, to be clear; there will not no Ground to jump off. no land to fall to, or spaceship to commandeer. Just... to wait.
for an eternity to pass.
CGOC action 1: tiredly throws some healing on the Laboratory.
CGOC action 2: starts picking up Cakes from the Cake Pile and casting 'Animate Object' on them repeatedly, bringing some of the pile's cakes to life.
CGOC action 3: Trains the new Confectionarian in the arts of Telekinesis, giving them some extra practice.

Newly Animated Cakes: Laboratory.
Confectionarian: Focus, on Surtur. See them, floating in space, perhaps slowly falling towards us, perhaps using their control over fire to thrust themselves towards us?
Grab them. While Surtur is powerful, nearly all physically strong beings need Leverage. friction on the ground is needed to walk. A normal human in the air will not move by flapping their arms.
Yes, this is Surtur. a powerful fire elemental. But we have seen him move physically, along ground and such. So long as he is in the air, he will be very limited, limited to the power of gravity upon him and whatever recoil his energy projection abilities may possess.
Perhaps this will give him time to think... or ourselves, to recuperate.
The Cake is suggested to help the confectionarians or the newly animated cakes, whichever suits its fancy.
The Cake Pile grows by 42,000 Hp. Using the Artifact of Force, you reanimate your Cake, and it throws Surtur out of this planet's atmosphere, where he pinwheels away in the currents of the Void....
Your entities will do as you command.
Deiteye flickers, and the burden slithers out of them, a staticky tendril. Incredibly fast, it lashes out and wraps around the ""Worm"", before yanking it towards Deiteye. Their eye turns into a huge maw, and they swallow ""Worm"" whole, absorbing some of their aspect powers through conceptual draining or something.
10 Damage. You swallow the Worm, dealing to it. You pick at it's code-strings, developing it's spatial abilities. The Sun rumbles in the skies above.

Surtur drifts away from the battlefield. As his healing factor regenerates 100,000 Health, he rages at being denied a proper fight. With a moment's respite, he tries some of the cake stuck to himself. With my knowledge, I know that the current he is currently trapped in will carry him to the Graveyard shortly. What a coincidence.

The Black Moon expends the last of its energies, bringing the Hp of the Cake Pile up to 162,000. The Cake Guy of Cake restores 10,000 Hp to the Laboratory, reanimates 25,000 Hp worth of Cakes as a singular entity to work on the Laboratory, and strengthens the Confectionarian.

At the Graveyard, the Worm thrashes within Deiteye. Using its granted command of Space, it creates some within him, pushing outwards. He takes 30 Damage, as his internal energies are heavily disrupted.

Under no circumstances should you ever mess with the game.

THE ORIGINAL WORLD

[PS] Plasma Barrier. 150,000/150,000 Hp. [A] "Extra-Strong Souped-Up Freeze Ray". Setting: 2/10. Uses: ???

[N] Transdimensional Safe-based Item Exchange Network. Insert valuables, describe situation, receive more practical valuables (minus tax).

[A] Flamethrowers. Uses: 3. Faint Power!
[A] Artifact of Force. Uses: 1. Strong Power!

[AS-Pastry Paladin][BOSS] The Cake 205,000/250,000 HP. 130,000/150,000 Shp, 30R. 1 AC. Knight of Kake: 5/6. To me, confectionarians: 1/8. Renown: [0]. Kingdom size: [3]. Rules over cakes.
[AS-JOE][ELITE] Laboratory. 105,000/500,000 Hp. 10,000 Armor. Science: 0/15. Manned by Confectionarian: +2 Science per round.
[AT-Pastry Paladin] CGOC. 6/10 Hp. 3 Actions/Round. No extra lives. [KoK] [A] Soul Gem. Strong Power. Simulating an afterlife.
[AT-Pastry Paladin] Stasis Pod. 45,000/100,000 Hp. 75,000/75,000 SHp, 50R. Hosting: [No one].
[AT-Pastry Paladin] Cake Pile. 137,000 Hp. Targeted by Black Moon! +10,000 Hp per round. Cannot be attacked by Surtur.
[AT-Pastry Paladin] Confectionarian. 80,000/80,000 Hp. Can alter an entity's place in turn order!

[AT] Pastry Paladin. 12/20 Hp. [A] Reality Gem. Strong Power. Slightly cracked! [A] Cute Regen Buckler. +1 Regen!
[AS] True Neo EX. 14/20 Hp. [A] Power Index Finger. Grafted! Mana: 10. Point and Click: 3/3. [A] Time Gem. Strong Power.
[AS] Loony. 13/20 Hp. [A] Animal Masks in a bag. [A] Loony's "Masterpiece". Uses: 4. +2 AC. Moderate Power! Can Both Attacc and Protecc! Can Damage AC. 80% Accuracy. W H Y [A-Part] RPG Arm. Uses: 2. Ignores Dodge! Moderate Power!
[AS] Desparademon. 20/30 Hp. [?] The Truth. Moon-Boosted! [A] The Axe. Overwhelming Power.
[AT] Dragon of Hope. 15/20 Hp. [A-Part] <==|. [A-Part] <==|. [A-Part] <==|. ((Is this you, ParadoxDragon?))

SURTUR
FIELD: Voidic Currents. MERGING WITH GRAVEYARD IN 2.

[N][BOSS] Surtur. 802,000/1,800,000 Hp. 10,000 Armour. 100,000 Regen. [A] Laevateinn. Strong Power. Divinium.

THE GRAVEYARD
FIELD: The Sun. Due to heavy Spatial distortions, players/entities the easiest way to come to The Graveyard is via the Voidic Currents in the Surtur "field".

[N] Blazing Deity. 7/60 Hp. [?] The Burden. [A] Mind Gem. Strong Power. Uses: 3. [A] The Tumor.

[???][ELITE] "Worm". 123/133 Hp.

LIMBO
((This is where units players are. If you do not post, I will be assuming that your character was not actually present.[AT] Pweron Dum. 67/90 Hp. NOT A SELF INSERT. Noble Aura! [A] Regen Buckler. 1 Hp Regen/Round.

[AT] Hungry Visitor. 15/20 Hp. [A] The Blue/Purple Card. Uses: 1. Moderate Power.

Last edited:
With the Axe in containment for now, Despara winds around it, magical energy cores guiding the manipulation of flame.

Surtur is on fire, and a fire elemental. The Axe controls fire. You can probably see where I'm going with this.

"Be extinguished, lord of the fire. Be split, sea of flame." It is spoken, it is so. Channeling the power of the flame not to raise it, but to shatter it, the Desparademon wills Surtur to break apart. The magic with which one might slice open an explosion and keep it that way, the magic that causes flames to stay away from oneself, magic that dismisses fire with simple motion, amplified immensely by an artifact to command such powers. Command of the elements not to call them together, but split them apart. Not a refueling or flame-raising, but a drain and banishment.

With this, the fire fades at the will of an axe and its wielder. Begone, Surtur of Fire.

[1x] CGC (roleplaying avatar, not entity) joins Cake Guy and looks at the reality gem. Seeing the crack, he casts 'Accio reality gem dust and shards', retrieves all the missing... matter?... and fits it back in. Then, he gets conjures some Reality energy, converts it into liquid form, and pours it over the crack, sealing it all together and repairing the Gem.
[1x]Next, he takes some of the cakes from the pile- specifically, 1962 of them- and calls upon the power of callbacks to things that never happened-
USE (...)1962(...) CAKES TO MAKE CAKE COLLOSSUS WJHIC IS LIKE REALLY BIG CAKE WHO DOES FITING! NOW NOBYDY CAN ATKAC MY CKAES UNLES HE TAKES LOTS OF DMAMGES FROM COLSOUES.
to make a Cake Collossus, which does retaliations when the Cake Empire is attacked or something.
there's nothing pressing, 'aight? I'm doing what comes to mind.
it bears repeating that cake guy is insane. hence callbacks to things that never happened.
...though it Is possible he's made a 'CAKE COLLOSSUS' with 1962 cakes before the events of the game, come to think of it. Though clearly, said being didn't pan out.
[1x] lastly, Cake Guy heads over to The Cake and pours sugar on it.
this somehow heals The Cake.
CGOC action one: pick up the flamethrower, aim it at the Cake Pile, and fire. Since it grows by absorbing heat, this will make loads of cakes.
CGOC action 2 : use the flamethrower some more, making sure to cast 'Temperature Nullity' or similar on the area around the Flame of the Flamethrower to keep it from cooling pre-cake impact. Also, he keeps a Dimensional Lock on it in case fire people are angry at Nedben. at any rate, this does even greater cakemakebaking.
CGOC Action 3: use the Soul Gem to duplicate something near the Time Being. if they don't react, use it to duplicate some of the ground, and the edge of the foot of, the time being. If they continue not to react, duplicate them. If they react, say you were experimenting and deny plans. If they react to the edge of foot, say it was a missaim. if they react only to full copy, uh, i dunno.
Once there's a Soul Duplicate of the Time being in the Soul Gem, try and figure out how to manipulate them, whether they'll attack, what they want, how powerful they are, and if they take issue to, say, how CGC is actually from a point further in the future then the future.

Surtur 7
Nedben, JOE, thank you for sticking with me.
With the Axe in containment for now, Despara winds around it, magical energy cores guiding the manipulation of flame.

Surtur is on fire, and a fire elemental. The Axe controls fire. You can probably see where I'm going with this.

"Be extinguished, lord of the fire. Be split, sea of flame." It is spoken, it is so. Channeling the power of the flame not to raise it, but to shatter it, the Desparademon wills Surtur to break apart. The magic with which one might slice open an explosion and keep it that way, the magic that causes flames to stay away from oneself, magic that dismisses fire with simple motion, amplified immensely by an artifact to command such powers. Command of the elements not to call them together, but split them apart. Not a refueling or flame-raising, but a drain and banishment.

With this, the fire fades at the will of an axe and its wielder. Begone, Surtur of Fire.
You leave the universe, moving along the Voidic Currents.
With the Axe, you Extinguish Surtur. 265,000 Damage. What was once molten stone solidifies and darkens. The former Elemental Lord goes still, remaining alive but frozen.
[1x] CGC (roleplaying avatar, not entity) joins Cake Guy and looks at the reality gem. Seeing the crack, he casts 'Accio reality gem dust and shards', retrieves all the missing... matter?... and fits it back in. Then, he gets conjures some Reality energy, converts it into liquid form, and pours it over the crack, sealing it all together and repairing the Gem.
[1x]Next, he takes some of the cakes from the pile- specifically, 1962 of them- and calls upon the power of callbacks to things that never happened-
to make a Cake Collossus, which does retaliations when the Cake Empire is attacked or something.
there's nothing pressing, 'aight? I'm doing what comes to mind.
it bears repeating that cake guy is insane. hence callbacks to things that never happened.
...though it Is possible he's made a 'CAKE COLLOSSUS' with 1962 cakes before the events of the game, come to think of it. Though clearly, said being didn't pan out.
[1x] lastly, Cake Guy heads over to The Cake and pours sugar on it.
this somehow heals The Cake.
CGOC action one: pick up the flamethrower, aim it at the Cake Pile, and fire. Since it grows by absorbing heat, this will make loads of cakes.
CGOC action 2 : use the flamethrower some more, making sure to cast 'Temperature Nullity' or similar on the area around the Flame of the Flamethrower to keep it from cooling pre-cake impact. Also, he keeps a Dimensional Lock on it in case fire people are angry at Nedben. at any rate, this does even greater cakemakebaking.
CGOC Action 3: use the Soul Gem to duplicate something near the Time Being. if they don't react, use it to duplicate some of the ground, and the edge of the foot of, the time being. If they continue not to react, duplicate them. If they react, say you were experimenting and deny plans. If they react to the edge of foot, say it was a missaim. if they react only to full copy, uh, i dunno.
Once there's a Soul Duplicate of the Time being in the Soul Gem, try and figure out how to manipulate them, whether they'll attack, what they want, how powerful they are, and if they take issue to, say, how CGC is actually from a point further in the future then the future.
You fill the crack within the Reality Gem, repairing it. You create a Colossus of Cake, and also heal your Cake for 10,000 Hp.
You order your Cake Self to perform further actions.

The Time Being continues to take note of Cake Guy's actions. The Laboratory continues to function. The Cake Guy of Cake generates more baked goods via gratituous use of Flamethrower. +30,000 Hp to the Cake Pile. He ensures the future use of the flamethrower. He also attempts to copy the Time Being. This fails, as the Time Being is stronger than a simple universal singularity. I would know. The Cake Colossus remains on standby.

Surtur remains still. Stone chunks peel off of him, revealing darkened skin beneath.

THE ORIGINAL WORLD

[AS-Pastry Paladin][BOSS] The Cake 215,000/250,000 HP. 150,000/150,000 Shp, 30R. 1 AC. Knight of Kake: 6/6. To me, confectionarians: 2/8. Renown: [0]. Kingdom size: [3]. Rules over cakes.
[AS-JOE][ELITE] Laboratory. 105,000/500,000 Hp. 10,000 Armor. Science: 2/15. Manned by Confectionarian: +2 Science per round.
[AT-Pastry Paladin] CGOC. 6/10 Hp. 3 Actions/Round. No extra lives. [KoK] [A] Soul Gem. Strong Power. Simulating an afterlife. [A] Flamethrowers. One Use Left. Faint Power!
[AT-Pastry Paladin] Cake Pile. 167,000 Hp. Cannot be attacked by Surtur.
[AT-Pastry Paladin] Confectionarian. 80,000/80,000 Hp. Can alter an entity's place in turn order!
[AT-Pastry Paladin] Cake Colossus. 20,000/20,000 Hp. Kind of weak.

[AT] Pastry Paladin. 12/20 Hp. [A] Reality Gem. Strong Power. Repaired! [A] Cute Regen Buckler. +1 Regen!
[AS] Loony. 13/20 Hp. [A] Animal Masks in a bag. [A] Loony's "Masterpiece". Uses: 4. +2 AC. Moderate Power! Can Both Attacc and Protecc! Can Damage AC. 80% Accuracy. W H Y [A-Part] RPG Arm. Uses: 2. Ignores Dodge! Moderate Power!

SURTUR
FIELD: Voidic Currents. MERGING WITH GRAVEYARD IN 1.

[N][BOSS] Surtur. 537,000/1,800,000 Hp. 10,000 Armour. 100,000 Regen. [A] Laevateinn. Strong Power. Divinium. Stunned!

[AS] Desparademon. 20/30 Hp. [?] The Truth. Moon-Boosted! [A] The Axe. Overwhelming Power.

THE GRAVEYARD
FIELD: The Sun. Due to heavy Spatial distortions, players/entities the easiest way to come to The Graveyard is via the Voidic Currents in the Surtur "field".

[N] Blazing Deity. 7/60 Hp. [?] The Burden. [A] Mind Gem. Strong Power. Uses: 3. [A] The Tumor.

LIMBO

Last edited:
[2x] +2 CP to make a CGC-style being. maybe the one which isn't me.
[1x]HALOEI! IM USE REA;OTU GEM ON SCIENCE THING, AND BECAUSE REALITY GEM IS REALITY GEM, IT HAS ALL THE SEKRATS OF RAILITY, WHICH MEINS SCIENC THING W/REALITYJ GME IS BEGCOM MUCH BETTER AT SCEINCE!
[CGOC action 1] turning to the pile of Cakes again, a torrent of further fire flares out and furthermore finds the flame's flight falters as it flashes before fizzling against the fantastic pile of cakes, forming further fabulous food of the foremost form.
<Tln: fire goes out, dims as it's absorbed, makes cakes.>
[CGOC action 2] Now then, the Laboratory. Cake Guy has improved it with the Reality Gem; I shall now do the same by way of Soul Gem. I create a soul-gem duplicate of the entire area, and run it forwards as long as I can, before tabulating all their discoveries and results in handy-dandy notebooks.
[CGOC action 3] Ooh! there's a thought! I throw the Cake Pile at the Plasma Barrier! the barrier is hot, and the pile absorbs heat to make cakes, so...!
Entity suggestion: The Cake can offer the Time Being KoK status- if they accept, it might be useful. (reminder that KoK have to obey the Cake and/or act in its interests.) or it can help some cake entity be better.
Entity Orders:Lab works. Confectionarian and collossus work on lab.

(If no one complains, I am going to make up an IC reason for my OOC busyness.)
EX feels a lurch from the Time Stone, which appears to have timelocked him until now. He the rushes into the current that Surtur is in, not wanting to cut out of the fight just yet.
The Time Stone glows green, and he begins to move absurdly quickly, as if the rest of the world was still. While that happens, he pulls out his blue spear, and as he hurls some miniature spears from it, something becomes noticeable: they appear to be made of water, and more Code magic. EX rushes all round Surtur, effectively flooding him with an enormous wave of spears, keeping him from having the slightest amount of room to escape.

Surtur 8
Interested in hearing opinions on the Surtur Bossfight, whether gameplay and descriptions were "engaging", how could it be improved, etc. Please do PM or share in your post!
[2x] +2 CP to make a CGC-style being. maybe the one which isn't me.
[1x]HALOEI! IM USE REA;OTU GEM ON SCIENCE THING, AND BECAUSE REALITY GEM IS REALITY GEM, IT HAS ALL THE SEKRATS OF RAILITY, WHICH MEINS SCIENC THING W/REALITYJ GME IS BEGCOM MUCH BETTER AT SCEINCE!
[CGOC action 1] turning to the pile of Cakes again, a torrent of further fire flares out and furthermore finds the flame's flight falters as it flashes before fizzling against the fantastic pile of cakes, forming further fabulous food of the foremost form.
<Tln: fire goes out, dims as it's absorbed, makes cakes.>
[CGOC action 2] Now then, the Laboratory. Cake Guy has improved it with the Reality Gem; I shall now do the same by way of Soul Gem. I create a soul-gem duplicate of the entire area, and run it forwards as long as I can, before tabulating all their discoveries and results in handy-dandy notebooks.
[CGOC action 3] Ooh! there's a thought! I throw the Cake Pile at the Plasma Barrier! the barrier is hot, and the pile absorbs heat to make cakes, so...!
Entity suggestion: The Cake can offer the Time Being KoK status- if they accept, it might be useful. (reminder that KoK have to obey the Cake and/or act in its interests.) or it can help some cake entity be better.
Entity Orders:Lab works. Confectionarian and collossus work on lab.
That is not enough charge to create a being which has action power. You merely charge instead. The Laboratory is boosted further with even more Scientific power.
Your entities will do as you say.
(If no one complains, I am going to make up an IC reason for my OOC busyness.)
EX feels a lurch from the Time Stone, which appears to have timelocked him until now. He the rushes into the current that Surtur is in, not wanting to cut out of the fight just yet.
The Time Stone glows green, and he begins to move absurdly quickly, as if the rest of the world was still. While that happens, he pulls out his blue spear, and as he hurls some miniature spears from it, something becomes noticeable: they appear to be made of water, and more Code magic. EX rushes all round Surtur, effectively flooding him with an enormous wave of spears, keeping him from having the slightest amount of room to escape.
83,000 Damage to Surtur. Stone continues to crack off of him.

The Time Being glowers at the Cake Kingdom. It continues to stand there. It is offered the status of Knight of Kake.

"I͘ ͞D͞ON̴'T͡ TH̷I͢NK̕ ̡SO̡.̢"

The Laboratory continues to work, Cake Guy of Cake adds 25,000 more hp of cake to the pile, fills up the Science meter with the Soul Gem, and drains 15,000 hp from the plasma barrier to give to the cake pile. Now, the Cake Colossus also goes to work in the Laboratory.

The Voidic Currents swirl, and all who ride along its flow are deposited to the Graveyard of Worlds. Surtur hits the ground, hard. As he gets back up to his feet, the remaining stone flakes off. He looks at himself.

"What.... happened? My Transcendence... It's gone?"
"No matter! I can still fight."

Raising his sword, he refocuses on his surroundings, and sets his eyes upon the Worm. Surtur squares his feet, bracing against the charging Worm, burrowing through the ground, coils poking through the earth from time to time. As it leaps up out of the air to strike him, the weakened Lord of Fire fluidly steps out of the way, easily tearing through the creature's scaly armor with his sword to deal 50 damage. In exchange, Surtur takes 50,000 damage as well.

Slinking away, the Worm lashes out at those more easier to dispatch. From its radiant face comes two points of even more intense light, which explodes outwards in an emerald starburst, dealing 5 damage to the Blazing Deity, Desparademon and True Neo EX.

THE ORIGINAL WORLD

[PS] Plasma Barrier. 135,000/150,000 Hp. [A] "Extra-Strong Souped-Up Freeze Ray". Setting: 2/10. Uses: ???

[AS-Pastry Paladin][BOSS] The Cake 215,000/250,000 HP. 150,000/150,000 Shp, 30R. 1 AC. Knight of Kake: 6/6. To me, confectionarians: 2/8. Renown: [0]. Kingdom size: [3]. Rules over cakes.
[AS-JOE][ELITE] Laboratory. 105,000/500,000 Hp. 10,000 Armor. Science: 15/15. Manned by Confectionarian and Colossus: +3 Science per round.
[AT-Pastry Paladin] CGOC. 6/10 Hp. 3 Actions/Round. No extra lives. [KoK] [A] Soul Gem. Strong Power. Simulating an afterlife. [A] Flamethrowers. One Use Left. Faint Power!
[AT-Pastry Paladin] Cake Pile. 207,000 Hp. Cannot be attacked by Surtur.

[AT] Pastry Paladin. 13/20 Hp. [A] Reality Gem. Strong Power. Repaired! [A] Cute Regen Buckler. +1 Regen!

THE GRAVEYARD
FIELD: The Sun.

[N][BOSS] Surtur. 404,000/1,800,000 Hp. 10,000 Armour. 100,000 Regen. [A] Laevateinn. Strong Power. Divinium.

[N] Blazing Deity. 2/60 Hp. [?] The Burden. [A] Mind Gem. Strong Power. Uses: 3. [A] The Tumor.

[AS] Desparademon. 15/30 Hp. [?] The Truth. Moon-Boosted! [A] The Axe. Overwhelming Power.
[AS] True Neo EX. 9/20 Hp. [A] Power Index Finger. Grafted! Mana: 10. Point and Click: 3/3. [A] Time Gem. Uses: 2. Strong Power.

LIMBO
((This is where inactive players and entities go. If you do not post, I will be assuming that your character was not actually present.[AT] Pweron Dum. 67/90 Hp. NOT A SELF INSERT. Noble Aura! [A] Regen Buckler. 1 Hp Regen/Round.

Note that this is still in progress,

Last edited:
Despara recollects from being caught in voidic irritation courtesy being attacked. Seems Surtur still lives...but for how long?

A1: Self-reconstruction. Despara heals himself by drawing upon the endless reserves of voidic erosions, grated existence and vacuum-energy reconstitution refilling the burning gashes of the flesh and regrowing the crystalline eyes. Entropy itself is a resource nowadays.
A2: Reflection property. Orichalcum mirror-shields, polished and shaped to deflect damaging energies, coat the containment sphere of the Axe. Additionally this provides protection from the light of things such as the Worm if it would pursue such brilliant attacks.
A3: Self-reconstruction but differently this time. Wounds simply flake off as concepts and dissipate in an aura of heat-turned-healing, injury fading before the might of an aura of Mars psynergy of all things. Praise Jenna, as the Despara collective is further restored.

Last edited:
[1x] OKEI I JUST THOGHT U LOOKERD STRONKS AND MIGHT ALOS BE UNDERSTNDING OF HWO CKAE IS THEBCAKESEST THING EVERY. ANWYAYS I USE THE SCIENCES OF THE SCIENCE PLACE TO MAKE A CAKE-GUARDIAN LIKE A BIG MECHA WHICH IS A GUARDIAN FOR THE CAKE AND I MAKE EVERY BIT OF IT OUT OF REALLY TINY CAKES WHICH MAKES IT ABLE TO REPAIR ITSELF WITH CAKE ROB IENCMO BIGGER. YAY!
<tln: use science to create a 'cake guardian', with the ability to eat cakes to grow larger or repair itself. this is sort of pseudo a snowball but not really since it requires specific resources to be made for it.>
'N I ASKS THE CAKE TO MAKEI T A KNIGHT OF CKAE.1 SO IT WIL DEFEND AND BETTER MORE.
[1x]',M USE REALITY G,EM TO MAKE THSIU OLL A REALTY AND AKLSO TO LET THEJ KGUARDIAN EAT AIR AND BAKE INTOIT INTO CAKES!
<tln: the guardian also passively makes cakes, letting it passively repair/grow. thus making it a snowball in its own right, i guess.>
[1x] +1 CP (3 now.)
CGOC action 1: I should probably get back to full health. I do that by gorging myself on a few of the cakes from the pile. not many- only about ten times my own 'body weight'. because reality-warping is weird.
CGOC action 2+3:I head over to the plasma barrier. carving a ritual circle into the ground around it, I reinitiate the energy-to-cakes converter in a higher-force form. using parts of the Cake Pile as tribute, I fuel the rather-large spell to convert the entirety of the barrier's energy into cakes. It may take some time, but every cake that's made could instead go into making more cakes. So long as this exploitable energy source remains, it is simple to turn a profit.
Confectionarian and Collossus work on the lab. The Cake is requested to give the Cake Guardian KoK status, making its health count more and attack better (iirc the original analogy was temporary(ie until death) low-tier Godmodding)... unless The Cake can give Itself KoK. come to think of it, can it?
Guardian can work in lab, try to put the lab back together, eat half the cake pile, or whatever else the cake thinks is right. i'm not sure which it should do y'see.

Surtur 9
Despara recollects from being caught in voidic irritation courtesy being attacked. Seems Surtur still lives...but for how long?

A1: Self-reconstruction. Despara heals himself by drawing upon the endless reserves of voidic erosions, grated existence and vacuum-energy reconstitution refilling the burning gashes of the flesh and regrowing the crystalline eyes. Entropy itself is a resource nowadays.
A2: Reflection property. Orichalcum mirror-shields, polished and shaped to deflect damaging energies, coat the containment sphere of the Axe. Additionally this provides protection from the light of things such as the Worm if it would pursue such brilliant attacks.
A3: Self-reconstruction but differently this time. Wounds simply flake off as concepts and dissipate in an aura of heat-turned-healing, injury fading before the might of an aura of Mars psynergy of all things. Praise Jenna, as the Despara collective is further restored.
Full heal. You reconstitute yourself, and apply a temporary reflection/deflection property to the Axe.
[1x] OKEI I JUST THOGHT U LOOKERD STRONKS AND MIGHT ALOS BE UNDERSTNDING OF HWO CKAE IS THEBCAKESEST THING EVERY. ANWYAYS I USE THE SCIENCES OF THE SCIENCE PLACE TO MAKE A CAKE-GUARDIAN LIKE A BIG MECHA WHICH IS A GUARDIAN FOR THE CAKE AND I MAKE EVERY BIT OF IT OUT OF REALLY TINY CAKES WHICH MAKES IT ABLE TO REPAIR ITSELF WITH CAKE ROB IENCMO BIGGER. YAY!
<tln: use science to create a 'cake guardian', with the ability to eat cakes to grow larger or repair itself. this is sort of pseudo a snowball but not really since it requires specific resources to be made for it.>
'N I ASKS THE CAKE TO MAKEI T A KNIGHT OF CKAE.1 SO IT WIL DEFEND AND BETTER MORE.
[1x]',M USE REALITY G,EM TO MAKE THSIU OLL A REALTY AND AKLSO TO LET THEJ KGUARDIAN EAT AIR AND BAKE INTOIT INTO CAKES!
<tln: the guardian also passively makes cakes, letting it passively repair/grow. thus making it a snowball in its own right, i guess.>
[1x] +1 CP (3 now.)
CGOC action 1: I should probably get back to full health. I do that by gorging myself on a few of the cakes from the pile. not many- only about ten times my own 'body weight'. because reality-warping is weird.
CGOC action 2+3:I head over to the plasma barrier. carving a ritual circle into the ground around it, I reinitiate the energy-to-cakes converter in a higher-force form. using parts of the Cake Pile as tribute, I fuel the rather-large spell to convert the entirety of the barrier's energy into cakes. It may take some time, but every cake that's made could instead go into making more cakes. So long as this exploitable energy source remains, it is simple to turn a profit.
Confectionarian and Collossus work on the lab. The Cake is requested to give the Cake Guardian KoK status, making its health count more and attack better (iirc the original analogy was temporary(ie until death) low-tier Godmodding)... unless The Cake can give Itself KoK. come to think of it, can it?
Guardian can work in lab, try to put the lab back together, eat half the cake pile, or whatever else the cake thinks is right. i'm not sure which it should do y'see.
You create a Scientific Cake Guardian, and Upgrade it with the ability to convert gases into more Cake.
Your entities have been ordered.

"H͢GUONE NE͟ES͞ ͠EV͞A̵H̛ ͜I."
"WON̸ ̴TCA L̶L̷ÌW ͠I ."

Accelerating itself to incredible speeds, the Time Giant picks up the Acidic Spray and then walks in a straight line directly through The Cake. As it reenters regular time, physics takes over. The air it displaced during its high-speed motion creates an area of low pressure, which gases rush in to refill, creates a massive shockwave which rips through the air, ruining it even more, dealing 249,000 damage.

The Cake gives the Cake Guardian [KoK]. Cake Guy of Cake takes 7,000 cake from the pile to heal themselves back up to full. They then take 15,000 more Cake from the Cake Pile as a sacrifice, to drain heat from the Plasma Barrier to create more Cake. The Confectionarian and Colossus continue to work in the Laboratory.

"You may have taken my Fire Majjyks, but I can do far more than just that..."
Running a hand along the length of Laevateinn's blade, Surtur coats it with a smooth, slick, reddish-purple fluid: Liquid Death. Surtur raises the poisoned blade over his head, and runs it through the Worm. The wound made immediately darkens, a fact made especially obvious by the First Guardian's otherwise-perfectly white carapace. having taken 45 damage, the unfortunate creature spasms and thrashes wildly, oblivious to the going-ons of the world around it.

THE ORIGINAL WORLD

[PS] Plasma Barrier. 135,000/150,000 Hp. [A] "Extra-Strong Souped-Up Freeze Ray". Setting: 2/10. Uses: ???

[???][ELITE] Time Being. 100/100 Hp. [A] Acidic Spray. Uses: 2! Faint Power!

[AS-Pastry Paladin][BOSS] The Cake 116,000/250,000 HP. 3,000/150,000 Shp, 30R. 1,000 AC. Knight of Kake: 1/6. To me, confectionarians: 2/8. Renown: [0]. Kingdom size: [3]. Rules over cakes.
[AS-JOE][ELITE] Laboratory. 105,000/500,000 Hp. 10,000 Armor. Science: 3/15. Manned by Confectionarian and Colossus: +3 Science per round.
[AT-Pastry Paladin] CGOC. 10/10 Hp. 3 Actions/Round. No extra lives. [KoK] [A] Soul Gem. Strong Power. Simulating an afterlife.
[AT-Pastry Paladin] Cake Pile. 185,000 Hp. Cannot be attacked by Surtur.
[AT-Pastry Paladin] Scientific Cake Guardian. 100,000/100,000 Hp. 50,000 Power. +20,000 MHP per round. [KoK].

[AT] Pastry Paladin. 14/20 Hp. [A] Reality Gem. Strong Power. Repaired! [A] Cute Regen Buckler. +1 Regen!

THE GRAVEYARD

[N][BOSS] Surtur. 304,000/1,800,000 Hp. 10,000 Armour. 100,000 Regen. [A] Laevateinn. Strong Power. Divinium.

[???][ELITE] "Worm". 28/133 Hp.

[N] Blazing Deity. 2/60 Hp. [?] The Burden. [A] Mind Gem. Strong Power. Uses: 3. [A] The Tumor.

[AS] Desparademon. 30/30 Hp. [?] The Truth. Moon-Boosted! [A] The Axe. Overwhelming Power. Re/Deflection-Effect, 2
[AS] True Neo EX. 9/20 Hp. [A] Power Index Finger. Grafted! Mana: 10. Point and Click: 3/3. [A] Time Gem. Uses: 2. Strong Power.

LIMBO
((This is where inactive players and entities go. If you do not post, I will be assuming that your character was not actually present.[AT] Pweron Dum. 67/90 Hp. NOT A SELF INSERT. Noble Aura! [A] Regen Buckler. 1 Hp Regen/Round.

Last edited:
//no Dragon of Hope is somebody else

(x3)I heal up the Cake, patching up holes in it with more cake-matter and filling it in with frosting

A1: A healbot cleric erupts from the legions and dumps a bunch of classic RPG-style cure spells on True Neo EX. Cure minor wounds, cure light wounds, cure moderate wounds, cure severe wounds, cure critical wounds, heal, restoration, greater restoration, purify, healmore, pew pew positive energy fixing stuff.
A2: A Karis knockoff does one of those 'second wind' type heals on True Neo EX. Yes, wind heals people sometimes. It's also psychic power, so that might be doing most of the work to be honest. I'm not really sure myself, but that's psynergy for you.
A3: Despara spawns a battleship atop Surtur, where it proceeds to implode instead of explode while falling on them as a big heavy object.

Last edited:
"?eri ruoy evresed ot enod ew evah yltcaxe tahW"
"
Ech, talking backwards like that's weird."

(If the time being seems willing to negotiate, CGOC's actions are replaced with healing the cake and stuff.)
[1x] TIGNS ARE STIL BE HAMPENING? I KNOWS1 BEST SOLUTION TO THIS IS BE TO CONTINUE MAKING CAEKS! THAT ALWAYS WORK. SO AM TAKE CKAKE PILEH AND PLASMA BARRIER AND MAKE THE PLASM A BIEROR BE CONTINUALLY TURN INTO PIL,E! IN BIG AOMOUNT!
[1x] Next up, Combat. ARU SUREKSL/? yes. Past experience says these type of people don't listen to reason. YA, EVEN WHEN AM TELL THEM ABOAT MY CAKES WITH GOOD ARGUMENT. Well, if you don't... whatever. Combat. You've got the Reality Gem, and that's useful. I'll do what I can with the Soul Gem, but the first step is the first step. Take that gem, and focus- not on cakes this time, but on the Plasma Barrier.
This, is a barrier.
but what if it wasn't?
What if the barrier wanted to identify as a house?
or a bowl?
would you still call it, a barrier?
Maybe you'd call it barious.
or Barriowl.
or even... barriousowl?
Are you confused yet?
does this action not make any sense?
That's the point(tm).
Essentially, this means the Barrier is now a house, and houses have doors,so cake guy goes through the door and grabs the souped up freeze ray, then gives it to CGOC.
[1x]Now, thirdly. The Sword hilts of the Dragon of hope... an unused asset. Perhaps they would fade into irrelevancy otherwise, or never were.
They Stay.
Reaching out from the golden gemstone Cake Guy holds, a ribbon of light seizes the hilts... sorry, dragon, if you return. but you haven't posted in a while. And with that golden light comes Reality, and persistence. So, there is that. Then, they raise a hand. I DOES? just go with it, ok? FIN/. and from the raised hand pours more light, illuminating the area. It washes over the Stasis Pod. It washes over the tesla. it washes over the now-held freeze ray. Concepts have power. Connections forge Conquest. what is seen is what is.
From each of these things, something... vital...is taken. Something... not physical. For all the physicality contained reality... That is not the force I seek for fuel.

From the Stasis pod is taken the Stasis. That force which would keep the one within frozen. the cessation of all things, for a time.
Stasis. and so is left a structure, in some ways, worse, and yet better. missing something in a vital sense, but physically normal.

From the Tesla is taken its electricity. the arcs of writhing light that shoot forth from such a thing. The ozone, the flashing, the once natural power tamed to the fingertips of man. And so too is taken the canon. the raw force, the abruptness, the crushing weight of the pulses such a thing suggests.
Current and Canon. And so is left a hollow shell, missing its very foundation in a vital sense, lacking the core of its being. perhaps it would even fall apart from this lack, for what tower can stand without a foundation, with half its bricks missing and the framework rusted to bits?

From the Freeze ray is taken much, too. Freezing is taken. it shall synergies well with Stasis, for they are similar, but Freezing is... cold. uncaring. it stops, but it doesn't do so cleanly. the frozen are often fallen, even if defrosted, ripped apart from within by the same force that preserved them. Frost... frost is a remnant. when life and growth and the stars themselves have passed, the frost and ash of a doomed world can spin through the cosmos forever, a sort of twisted memorial for what was.
In frost, and the freezing aura it emits, is a sort of slowness, an inexorable glacial pull down. and there is, too, a numbness, a blurring. things fade and grow forgotten beneath the curtain that is frost. they shrink and they fall, leaving behind a tragic memory of ice,a remnant, even as the importance of their struggle fades into nothing, as emotions once hot turn numb and calcified.
Frost.

And also, from the Freeze ray is taken the Souped-Up portion. That raw power has no deep meaning, but a support in scale, in lowered cost, and in raw grandeur is needed.
Power.
And so is left behind a stable husk, but a husk nonetheless. a single pillar remaining for it is still a Ray, but the vital meaning of both its power and its element is taken.

And all this meaning, this energy, the vital essence on some layer of reality, is condensed into a single thing. into the now sustained sword-hilts. into the blue one in particular, though the same process fills it with the power of its two brethren.
It is a blade, now. of natural power and sudden force, to make it harder to avoid, and more dangerous. of Frost and Stasis, to end this conflict. and of power, for both.
[A] Crystalized Current's Cleaver ??? power. Uses: several? maybe perpetual?

Confectionarian makes the Time Being act After CGOC. Collossus Cake still labs. the Guardian runs interference on the Time Being.
CGOC actions to come!

CGOC 1: First of all... A Cake isn't the best Combat form. I fix that, transforming into a humanoid form (made of cake.). Now, this Is primarily flavourtext, so I move on to placing the Soul Gem on the Hilt of the Crustalized Current's Cleaver. You see, DCCCV confirmed at one point that if an infinity gem is put on one of the hilts, it makes an infinity sword.
Cathexis08/02/2019

You know what? You can make Infinity Swords with them
Stick the stones in and they'll act like Lightsaber crystals or something
This upgrades the Crystalized Current's Cleaver into the Crystalized Current's Conciousness Cleaver (because souls ≈≈ conciousness and dat aliteration tho).
[A] Crystalized Current's Conciousness Cleaver ???? power. uses: several/perpetual? has Soul Gem attached.
CGOC action 2: I turn to regard the Time Being. As I focus my will on the Soul Gem held within the blade, I begin to speak.
".gnieB emiT..."
Instead of targeting the Time Being to predict them perfectly, I target myself.
"msylcatac gnisuac ro tabmoc erised uoy yhw wonk ton od I." speaks an oddly doubled voice
and again. and again. and ten, a hundred times more.
"...tneler ton od uoy fi tuB" discordant yet clear, a hundred shadows follow.
I'll need every advantage I can get.
".etatiseh t'now I..." easily a thousand now.
and one major disadvantage is the shackle of thinking speed. The Time Being can change its speed. I can condense two days into an update, but little more; my threat reaction moves at the speed of fiat, I believe, and in-combat reactions aren't accelerated. Normally.
Heh. Normally.
"?dleiy uoy od ,oS" and more. I know the soul gem can do this much. it copied surtur hundreds of times and Thanos planned to run an afterlife for all cosmos..
I'm stalling, really.
"hsiw eniuneg ruoy si siht gnieetnurag fo tseretni eht nI !hO"
building up preparation. In the Soul Gem, hundreds of the soul-copies begin to meld themselves together, imitating the Deiteye in a sense, but on a far larger scale. the Soul World of the gem has its own section, now, for just Me.
"..." a pause, feigning difficulty formulating the continuation.
To Quote a fable never made:
I am that I am. I do what I must because I can.
".sklat ecaep etaitini nac uoy hcihw nihtiw doirep dnoces-ytriht a si erehT" the discordance shrinks, but the voices grow faster.
And so, there's more of me. There's more of me. There's more of Me. There's More of Me. There's More of ME.
No more of you.
"...ruof ...eerht ...owt ...eno"
We're Everywhere.
Thirty seconds pass, or the Time Being initiates the assault. Well, I stalled as long as I could, and another pause would make it clear what I was doing, I'm sure.

CGOC action 3. Quick as a flicker, the blade is drawn and ready, the hand is steady. Every motion is- not perfect, but like a man who spent a thousand years practicing how to hold this sword, swing this blade, fight this fight.
Because I did. or rather. We.
Fear not the Man who has practised a thousand kicks once.
But also fear not the man who has practised one kick a thousand times.
Fear the Man who has practised this kick ten-thousand fold and every other kick he'll need.
I can't have the Soul-Gem duplicate the Time Being. But I can look at every move they've done, their walking gate, their speech, the way they idle, and form a mental model. I can learn more of my opponent in those 30 seconds then most over an entire battle. Because I am We and We are Legion.
As I write this, I do not have a milliard mes nor a senses-stream from the battle to analyse in academic detail. So, take into account that the below is are several plausible depictions of what my feeble meatbrain running at 100Hz suspects might happen.
the first possibility is the simplest.
With a burst of pure physical force, not an ounce of time dilation but with a mind accelerated through duplication a millionfold to handle all the needed reactions and a body formed of Cake to survive the force, CGOC-humanoid form arrives directly at the Time being and slashes down with the force of a canon accelerated a thousandfold using the Crystalized Current's Consciousness Cleaver, slicing through them. the Current would electrocute them, yes, but more then that, the Stasis and Frost it would force upon them is practically antithetical to their very nature, a cessation of the flow of time itself in a being seemingly formed of it. the Wrongness of the interaction and the Sluggishness experienced by a great portion of the Time Beings body, added to the probability that they haven't had enough time yet to initiate a temporal dilation due to the lack of signal to do so and the speed of my action, allows the Conglomerate to avoid any feeble reaction without slackening the assault and rip the Time Being to pieces, leaving parts dead, others dying, and others everfrozen in a stasis by power forged to deny time itself.

The second possibility will take longer to explain.
This is because it is more complicated.
In that possibility, the Time Being manages to initiate a time dilation effect on itself before my response, but I am still the first mover. Likely, it dodges under the first strike, not because I could not respond in time, but because I was off-guard for the fraction of a fraction of an instant it would take to make redirecting the blow inefficient. maybe the Time Being tries to freeze me, turn my motion sluggish; but with my base rate of processing orders of magnitude above the norm, I would notice the speed change immediately (having set aside an entire minor clone to ensuring I do so). While I might not be able to overpower the Time Beings temporal slowing abilities, I can React. Descendancy has power, and mine is similar, though not the same. Pastry at my feet reverses itself into antipastry, and an explosion rockets out, knocking me clear of the Dilation field, and leaving a cloud of smoke. Perhaps this catches me a moment. perhaps not. But the standard motions of this body are insufficient for my purposes, and so even as the body continues to rocket back, a series of tubes attach to the body and tie to my will. Inspired by a short fiction once-read, the Four Force accelerator allows rapid acceleration by way of miniature rockets at each of its tubes, charged by stellar power, providing force beyond what limbs can provide- but with my mind so accelerated, and practice in such quantities, I can balance it perfectly. I would predict the Time Beings approach, or perhaps notice it as it begins, and a flicker of will would send me spinning, a slash of the Crystalized Current's Conciousness Cleaver leaving two options. Either the Time Being attacks, crashing into the flow of the slash and having much of its body rent into destructive stasis, or it aborts in time. If it aborts? It's given away its position, and likely incurred some cost in the aborted attack. I activate the Accelerator and approach from an angle it wouldn't have predicted. If it was smart, it would have surrounded itself with a film of time dilation in the slowing direction. Maybe it did. If it did, I would notice in the first instant of the Current slowing... but can two time dilations intersect? Perhaps the Cleaver cleaves those as well, since its very structure contains a dilation. In which case it would be pointless. having torn through their defences,the instant of shock would leave an opening to stab straight into their chest, then, with the [Cannon] concept of the Cleaver,wrench the blade sideways, then reverse direction and up- down- a curved cleave- and bisect the remainder. tearing through the Being with this slightest of openings.

The third possibility may be longer, or shorter. I'm not sure.
It is the possibility where the Time Beings acceleration of itself and my immensely faster mind coupled with the Accelerator puts us on roughly even footing, movemently-speaking. Where I and they are roughly equal in reaction speed, like two humans.
In which case,we clash, likely- but indirectly. The Time Being tries to avoid my Cleaver as best it can, dancing around it, and I similarly am forced to avoid the devestating power of its blows, for my health is only a tenth its own and it could slay itself in only two rounds... But I fight well. as though practiced for years and not seconds.
Which I have.
Every opening is punished, strictly, putting the Time Being in a worse position or slashing at an extremity. Partway into the fight, the deadly dance,I reveal the [Cannon] Concept's application for a slash just a hair faster then anticipated, when I/WE think it will strike a nearly vital blow. But I can't continue the dance forever, for they may strike true eventually, for all my practice, and so a minor self is mentally pulling descendancy into another shape, a fragile temporary construct of Aether which burns cold. inspired by a story once read, but not the same as the first. The shape is infused, painstakingly, with an image.
a ticking clock, the hand of time. a reaper's scythe flashing in an instant as the second hand of a clock suddenly flashes from one to the next.
an Idiosyncratic cut, perhaps?
And so, when the Time Being cuts things particularly close, they use the fragile Aether construct, shattering it and sending the slash an additional third of the way to completeing- slicing straight through the Time Being and leaving an opening to Maul them with repeated strikes before they can recover.

Perhaps there are other possibilities... but this should be sufficient. Why do this? Because the Time Being is an obstacle. and Obstacles don't mean you give up.
to quote HPMOR, Obstacles mean you get creative.

Last edited:
Surtur 10
This is the final update of the Surtur Intermission.
//no Dragon of Hope is somebody else

(x3)I heal up the Cake, patching up holes in it with more cake-matter and filling it in with frosting
You do this. 35,000 Hit points restored.
A1: A healbot cleric erupts from the legions and dumps a bunch of classic RPG-style cure spells on True Neo EX. Cure minor wounds, cure light wounds, cure moderate wounds, cure severe wounds, cure critical wounds, heal, restoration, greater restoration, purify, healmore, pew pew positive energy fixing stuff.
A2: A Karis knockoff does one of those 'second wind' type heals on True Neo EX. Yes, wind heals people sometimes. It's also psychic power, so that might be doing most of the work to be honest. I'm not really sure myself, but that's psynergy for you.
A3: Despara spawns a battleship atop Surtur, where it proceeds to implode instead of explode while falling on them as a big heavy object.
You heal True Neo EX to full.
25,000 damage to Surtur. He is now crushed beneath the battleship.
"?eri ruoy evresed ot enod ew evah yltcaxe tahW"
"
Ech, talking backwards like that's weird."

(If the time being seems willing to negotiate, CGOC's actions are replaced with healing the cake and stuff.)
[1x] TIGNS ARE STIL BE HAMPENING? I KNOWS1 BEST SOLUTION TO THIS IS BE TO CONTINUE MAKING CAEKS! THAT ALWAYS WORK. SO AM TAKE CKAKE PILEH AND PLASMA BARRIER AND MAKE THE PLASM A BIEROR BE CONTINUALLY TURN INTO PIL,E! IN BIG AOMOUNT!
[1x] Next up, Combat. ARU SUREKSL/? yes. Past experience says these type of people don't listen to reason. YA, EVEN WHEN AM TELL THEM ABOAT MY CAKES WITH GOOD ARGUMENT. Well, if you don't... whatever. Combat. You've got the Reality Gem, and that's useful. I'll do what I can with the Soul Gem, but the first step is the first step. Take that gem, and focus- not on cakes this time, but on the Plasma Barrier.
This, is a barrier.
but what if it wasn't?
What if the barrier wanted to identify as a house?
or a bowl?
would you still call it, a barrier?
Maybe you'd call it barious.
or Barriowl.
or even... barriousowl?
Are you confused yet?
does this action not make any sense?
That's the point(tm).
Essentially, this means the Barrier is now a house, and houses have doors,so cake guy goes through the door and grabs the souped up freeze ray, then gives it to CGOC.
[1x]Now, thirdly. The Sword hilts of the Dragon of hope... an unused asset. Perhaps they would fade into irrelevancy otherwise, or never were.
They Stay.
Reaching out from the golden gemstone Cake Guy holds, a ribbon of light seizes the hilts... sorry, dragon, if you return. but you haven't posted in a while. And with that golden light comes Reality, and persistence. So, there is that. Then, they raise a hand. I DOES? just go with it, ok? FIN/. and from the raised hand pours more light, illuminating the area. It washes over the Stasis Pod. It washes over the tesla. it washes over the now-held freeze ray. Concepts have power. Connections forge Conquest. what is seen is what is.
From each of these things, something... vital...is taken. Something... not physical. For all the physicality contained reality... That is not the force I seek for fuel.

From the Stasis pod is taken the Stasis. That force which would keep the one within frozen. the cessation of all things, for a time.
Stasis. and so is left a structure, in some ways, worse, and yet better. missing something in a vital sense, but physically normal.

From the Tesla is taken its electricity. the arcs of writhing light that shoot forth from such a thing. The ozone, the flashing, the once natural power tamed to the fingertips of man. And so too is taken the canon. the raw force, the abruptness, the crushing weight of the pulses such a thing suggests.
Current and Canon. And so is left a hollow shell, missing its very foundation in a vital sense, lacking the core of its being. perhaps it would even fall apart from this lack, for what tower can stand without a foundation, with half its bricks missing and the framework rusted to bits?

From the Freeze ray is taken much, too. Freezing is taken. it shall synergies well with Stasis, for they are similar, but Freezing is... cold. uncaring. it stops, but it doesn't do so cleanly. the frozen are often fallen, even if defrosted, ripped apart from within by the same force that preserved them. Frost... frost is a remnant. when life and growth and the stars themselves have passed, the frost and ash of a doomed world can spin through the cosmos forever, a sort of twisted memorial for what was.
In frost, and the freezing aura it emits, is a sort of slowness, an inexorable glacial pull down. and there is, too, a numbness, a blurring. things fade and grow forgotten beneath the curtain that is frost. they shrink and they fall, leaving behind a tragic memory of ice,a remnant, even as the importance of their struggle fades into nothing, as emotions once hot turn numb and calcified.
Frost.

And also, from the Freeze ray is taken the Souped-Up portion. That raw power has no deep meaning, but a support in scale, in lowered cost, and in raw grandeur is needed.
Power.
And so is left behind a stable husk, but a husk nonetheless. a single pillar remaining for it is still a Ray, but the vital meaning of both its power and its element is taken.

And all this meaning, this energy, the vital essence on some layer of reality, is condensed into a single thing. into the now sustained sword-hilts. into the blue one in particular, though the same process fills it with the power of its two brethren.
It is a blade, now. of natural power and sudden force, to make it harder to avoid, and more dangerous. of Frost and Stasis, to end this conflict. and of power, for both.
[A] Crystalized Current's Cleaver ??? power. Uses: several? maybe perpetual?

Confectionarian makes the Time Being act After CGOC. Collossus Cake still labs. the Guardian runs interference on the Time Being.
CGOC actions to come!

CGOC 1: First of all... A Cake isn't the best Combat form. I fix that, transforming into a humanoid form (made of cake.). Now, this Is primarily flavourtext, so I move on to placing the Soul Gem on the Hilt of the Crustalized Current's Cleaver. You see, DCCCV confirmed at one point that if an infinity gem is put on one of the hilts, it makes an infinity sword.
Cathexis08/02/2019

You know what? You can make Infinity Swords with them
Stick the stones in and they'll act like Lightsaber crystals or something
This upgrades the Crystalized Current's Cleaver into the Crystalized Current's Conciousness Cleaver (because souls ≈≈ conciousness and dat aliteration tho).
[A] Crystalized Current's Conciousness Cleaver ???? power. uses: several/perpetual? has Soul Gem attached.
CGOC action 2: I turn to regard the Time Being. As I focus my will on the Soul Gem held within the blade, I begin to speak.
".gnieB emiT..."
Instead of targeting the Time Being to predict them perfectly, I target myself.
"msylcatac gnisuac ro tabmoc erised uoy yhw wonk ton od I." speaks an oddly doubled voice
and again. and again. and ten, a hundred times more.
"...tneler ton od uoy fi tuB" discordant yet clear, a hundred shadows follow.
I'll need every advantage I can get.
".etatiseh t'now I..." easily a thousand now.
and one major disadvantage is the shackle of thinking speed. The Time Being can change its speed. I can condense two days into an update, but little more; my threat reaction moves at the speed of fiat, I believe, and in-combat reactions aren't accelerated. Normally.
Heh. Normally.
"?dleiy uoy od ,oS" and more. I know the soul gem can do this much. it copied surtur hundreds of times and Thanos planned to run an afterlife for all cosmos..
I'm stalling, really.
"hsiw eniuneg ruoy si siht gnieetnurag fo tseretni eht nI !hO"
building up preparation. In the Soul Gem, hundreds of the soul-copies begin to meld themselves together, imitating the Deiteye in a sense, but on a far larger scale. the Soul World of the gem has its own section, now, for just Me.
"..." a pause, feigning difficulty formulating the continuation.
To Quote a fable never made:
I am that I am. I do what I must because I can.
".sklat ecaep etaitini nac uoy hcihw nihtiw doirep dnoces-ytriht a si erehT" the discordance shrinks, but the voices grow faster.
And so, there's more of me. There's more of me. There's more of Me. There's More of Me. There's More of ME.
No more of you.
"...ruof ...eerht ...owt ...eno"
We're Everywhere.
Thirty seconds pass, or the Time Being initiates the assault. Well, I stalled as long as I could, and another pause would make it clear what I was doing, I'm sure.

CGOC action 3. Quick as a flicker, the blade is drawn and ready, the hand is steady. Every motion is- not perfect, but like a man who spent a thousand years practicing how to hold this sword, swing this blade, fight this fight.
Because I did. or rather. We.
Fear not the Man who has practised a thousand kicks once.
But also fear not the man who has practised one kick a thousand times.
Fear the Man who has practised this kick ten-thousand fold and every other kick he'll need.
I can't have the Soul-Gem duplicate the Time Being. But I can look at every move they've done, their walking gate, their speech, the way they idle, and form a mental model. I can learn more of my opponent in those 30 seconds then most over an entire battle. Because I am We and We are Legion.
As I write this, I do not have a milliard mes nor a senses-stream from the battle to analyse in academic detail. So, take into account that the below is are several plausible depictions of what my feeble meatbrain running at 100Hz suspects might happen.
the first possibility is the simplest.
With a burst of pure physical force, not an ounce of time dilation but with a mind accelerated through duplication a millionfold to handle all the needed reactions and a body formed of Cake to survive the force, CGOC-humanoid form arrives directly at the Time being and slashes down with the force of a canon accelerated a thousandfold using the Crystalized Current's Consciousness Cleaver, slicing through them. the Current would electrocute them, yes, but more then that, the Stasis and Frost it would force upon them is practically antithetical to their very nature, a cessation of the flow of time itself in a being seemingly formed of it. the Wrongness of the interaction and the Sluggishness experienced by a great portion of the Time Beings body, added to the probability that they haven't had enough time yet to initiate a temporal dilation due to the lack of signal to do so and the speed of my action, allows the Conglomerate to avoid any feeble reaction without slackening the assault and rip the Time Being to pieces, leaving parts dead, others dying, and others everfrozen in a stasis by power forged to deny time itself.

The second possibility will take longer to explain.
This is because it is more complicated.
In that possibility, the Time Being manages to initiate a time dilation effect on itself before my response, but I am still the first mover. Likely, it dodges under the first strike, not because I could not respond in time, but because I was off-guard for the fraction of a fraction of an instant it would take to make redirecting the blow inefficient. maybe the Time Being tries to freeze me, turn my motion sluggish; but with my base rate of processing orders of magnitude above the norm, I would notice the speed change immediately (having set aside an entire minor clone to ensuring I do so). While I might not be able to overpower the Time Beings temporal slowing abilities, I can React. Descendancy has power, and mine is similar, though not the same. Pastry at my feet reverses itself into antipastry, and an explosion rockets out, knocking me clear of the Dilation field, and leaving a cloud of smoke. Perhaps this catches me a moment. perhaps not. But the standard motions of this body are insufficient for my purposes, and so even as the body continues to rocket back, a series of tubes attach to the body and tie to my will. Inspired by a short fiction once-read, the Four Force accelerator allows rapid acceleration by way of miniature rockets at each of its tubes, charged by stellar power, providing force beyond what limbs can provide- but with my mind so accelerated, and practice in such quantities, I can balance it perfectly. I would predict the Time Beings approach, or perhaps notice it as it begins, and a flicker of will would send me spinning, a slash of the Crystalized Current's Conciousness Cleaver leaving two options. Either the Time Being attacks, crashing into the flow of the slash and having much of its body rent into destructive stasis, or it aborts in time. If it aborts? It's given away its position, and likely incurred some cost in the aborted attack. I activate the Accelerator and approach from an angle it wouldn't have predicted. If it was smart, it would have surrounded itself with a film of time dilation in the slowing direction. Maybe it did. If it did, I would notice in the first instant of the Current slowing... but can two time dilations intersect? Perhaps the Cleaver cleaves those as well, since its very structure contains a dilation. In which case it would be pointless. having torn through their defences,the instant of shock would leave an opening to stab straight into their chest, then, with the [Cannon] concept of the Cleaver,wrench the blade sideways, then reverse direction and up- down- a curved cleave- and bisect the remainder. tearing through the Being with this slightest of openings.

The third possibility may be longer, or shorter. I'm not sure.
It is the possibility where the Time Beings acceleration of itself and my immensely faster mind coupled with the Accelerator puts us on roughly even footing, movemently-speaking. Where I and they are roughly equal in reaction speed, like two humans.
In which case,we clash, likely- but indirectly. The Time Being tries to avoid my Cleaver as best it can, dancing around it, and I similarly am forced to avoid the devestating power of its blows, for my health is only a tenth its own and it could slay itself in only two rounds... But I fight well. as though practiced for years and not seconds.
Which I have.
Every opening is punished, strictly, putting the Time Being in a worse position or slashing at an extremity. Partway into the fight, the deadly dance,I reveal the [Cannon] Concept's application for a slash just a hair faster then anticipated, when I/WE think it will strike a nearly vital blow. But I can't continue the dance forever, for they may strike true eventually, for all my practice, and so a minor self is mentally pulling descendancy into another shape, a fragile temporary construct of Aether which burns cold. inspired by a story once read, but not the same as the first. The shape is infused, painstakingly, with an image.
a ticking clock, the hand of time. a reaper's scythe flashing in an instant as the second hand of a clock suddenly flashes from one to the next.
an Idiosyncratic cut, perhaps?
And so, when the Time Being cuts things particularly close, they use the fragile Aether construct, shattering it and sending the slash an additional third of the way to completeing- slicing straight through the Time Being and leaving an opening to Maul them with repeated strikes before they can recover.

Perhaps there are other possibilities... but this should be sufficient. Why do this? Because the Time Being is an obstacle. and Obstacles don't mean you give up.
to quote HPMOR, Obstacles mean you get creative.
You continue to convert energy from the Plasma Barrier into more cakes. Then, using the Reality Gem, you remove the Nitrogen Gun from within. Yes, that is its true name. Merging the Hilts, Tesla Cannon and Nitrogen Gun together, you create the Crystallized Current-Cleaver, and give it to your Cake-self.

The Cake Kingdom springs into action. Using it's telekinetic powers, the Confectionarian rearranges the turn order: The Guardian moves to engage the Time Being, dealing 10 Damage in a mighty haymaker, knocking them onto their feet. Walking up to them, your Cake-Self inserts the Soul Gem onto the hilt of their new weapon, creating a Sword of Four Cs. He delivers his speech, all the while merging with the countless copies of himself generated by the Soul Gem.

Thirty Seconds pass. The Time Being unhinges its jaw, an unearthly glow emanating from within.

"̸͚͂̚Ö̷̤́n̷̰̅.̴̥̈́͂"̵̥̍̂

The Time Being exhales, sending a stream of stark-white energy through the chest of the Cake Guardian, killing it instantly. Amped up by the skills of hundred upon thousands of lifetimes compressed into thirty seconds, your Cake-Self lunges at the Time Being. The Blade of Four Cs readily sinks into its dense flesh, bisecting the Time Being from shoulder to hip. As the Blade of Four Cs shatters, the two halves of the Time Being slide away from each other. With a soft blue glow, they fade away into nothingness.

...I am at a loss of words. This was nothing short of incredible.
And with that, I take my leave of the Update Terminal.

((Usually, your entities would be acting in the EOTB, making the Time Giant act first after you, but this was too cool to pass up. This time.))

A point of light streaks through space, visible against the omnipresent glow of the Sun in the Graveyard of Worlds. As it gets closer, you see it for what it is: A stranger, descending from the heavens, wreathed in clear, sharp, [lucid] fire. Crushed underneath the battleship, Surtur addresses the newcomer.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE, MAGE."

"I had grown tired of watching you wave your sword around," The Mage says. "There is no more need of your services."
"WE HAD AN AGREEMENT," Surtur grumbles. "I CAN STILL FIGHT. YOU KNOW THIS."

The ground rumbles. Slowly, but surely, Surtur staggers to his feet, raising the Battleship high over his head. As he prepares to bring it down upon the Descended, The Mage sighs and turns around.

"That I do."
"АДВЕХОР-НОРЦИ, ИХИС-ЕЛ."
Suddenly, a swirling circular gateway opens behind Surtur.

"YOU CANNOT DO THIS."

Burning chains of semimolten metal emerge to encircle his arms and legs.

"THIS WAS NOT HOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO GO!"
"ЕМРИ УЦОСТИ НОРСФАРИН. Hah."
Pulling taut, they drag the bound Fire-Lord kicking and screaming back to his home dimension-plane.
Turning back around, The Mage smiles broadly.

"Greetings. You may call me Alkaid. Like you, I was chosen to be one of the few figures in existence capable of handling situations of extraordinary stress. Situations just like the Mad Titan. Just like every other task we perform, we do so with excellence. For this reason, I set out long ago to gather the greatest of our number: those who have the drive to visit their vision upon the world around them, to make it a better place. As you no doubt know, by ourselves, we the Descended have the power to cause great change. Consider what possibilities we will accomplish. Such a union would be unstoppable, will it not?"

He offers an arm, swirling with the same stars as the skies above him.

"On behalf of the whole, I extend an invitation to join our ranks. Should you choose to accept you need simply take my hand. Choose wisely. I will only offer this once."

FINAL BATTLEFIELD
THE ORIGINAL WORLD

[PS] Plasma-House. 135,000/150,000 Hp. [A] "Extra-Strong Souped-Up Freeze Ray". Setting: 2/10. Uses: ???

[???][ELITE] Time Being. 0/100 Hp. [A] Acidic Spray. Uses: 2! Faint Power!

[AS-Pastry Paladin][BOSS] The Cake 116,000/250,000 HP. 30,000/150,000 Shp, 30R. 1,000 AC. Knight of Kake: 2/6. To me, confectionarians: 3/8. Renown: [0]. Kingdom size: [3]. Rules over cakes.
[AS-JOE][ELITE] Laboratory. 105,000/500,000 Hp. 10,000 Armor. Science: 4/15. Manned by Confectionarian and Colossus: +3 Science per round.
[AT-Pastry Paladin] CGOC. 10/10 Hp. 3 Actions/Round. No extra lives. [KoK] [A] Soul Gem. Strong Power. Simulating an afterlife.
[AT-Pastry Paladin] Cake Pile. 185,000 Hp. Cannot be attacked by Surtur.
[AT-Pastry Paladin] Scientific Cake Guardian. 0/120,000 Hp. 50,000 Power. +20,000 MHP per round. [KoK].

[AT] Pastry Paladin. 15/20 Hp. [A] Reality Gem. Strong Power. Repaired! [A] Cute Regen Buckler. +1 Regen!

THE GRAVEYARD

[N][BOSS] Surtur. 304,000/1,800,000 Hp. 10,000 Armour. 100,000 Regen. [A] Laevateinn. Strong Power. Divinium.

[???][ELITE] "Worm". 28/133 Hp.

[AS] Desparademon. 30/30 Hp. [?] The Truth. Moon-Boosted! [A] The Axe. Overwhelming Power. Re/Deflection-Effect, 2

LIMBO

Last edited:
"Fascinating. Sadly, {I}'m about to be 'pulled' back into the future, and {I}'m not sure my goals will square with yours. Also, I have no arms. Regardless of if I agreed with your request, there's little for me to gain by agreeing now instead of whenever I can actually make good on this... I also don't know what joining you entails."
That's CGOC talking. Cake Guys response is rather different.
"IAM NOT KNOWIFYSWHAT YOIR MANS. IF AM SAY YES, WILL MAKE MORE CKAKESK!? I AM LIKING THE CAKES MUCH-VERY, YES-YES! IF CAN MKES CAKE,AM WANIT."
CGOC proceeds to put themself into a stasis so they can return when they reach the Future of DtG:DTG, around the dark god fight or TOGworld assault. Cake Guy does something likely indescribable probably for something cake based or something.

Mageye returns to the field. The Burden spins around him. The Stones glow. He speaks, one word.
"Yes."

Neo looks at the figure. "Unfortunately, to avoid making more time paradoxes than I may have already caused, I will have to return to my own time promptly. Are you fine if we continue this discussion then, since I don't feel it would be too useful for me to join, and then jump forwards many years. Better, if I make my decision when it will actually have immediate effects, don't you think?"

Back