Does This Mean I Can't Watch TV Anymore? (Worm Quest)

Okay my only problem with this kind of story is the fact that the majority of the audience doesn't want to delve into the OP stories and gain those powers when most people would immediately jump into those stories just for the added sense of security, if they were given powers like this. This may be the unpopular opinion here but it is an honest one.

Okay my only problem with this kind of story is the fact that the majority of the audience doesn't want to delve into the OP stories and gain those powers when most people would immediately jump into those stories just for the added sense of security, if they were given powers like this. This may be the unpopular opinion here but it is an honest one.
Except that Taylor's having a lot of trouble with control. I know a fic with which she'd basically be ultipotent, but it doesn't mean that's a good thing for the rest of the world.

Plus, we're currently in a bomb incident. There's simply no time to do so.

... Shit, I should vote already.

Except that Taylor's having a lot of trouble with control. I know a fic with which she'd basically be ultipotent, but it doesn't mean that's a good thing for the rest of the world.

Plus, we're currently in a bomb incident. There's simply no time to do so.

... Shit, I should vote already.
I'm just saying in general people aren't going for the OP powers when it is shown that she would go for the powers in any other context, I'm honestly surprised we even got the monkey powers and didn't get stuck with the weaker powers.
Edit: Who here would not go for the OP GODLIKE powers if you were stuck in a world like this?

Last edited:
I'm just saying in general people aren't going for the OP powers when it is shown that she would go for the powers in any other context, I'm honestly surprised we even got the monkey powers and didn't get stuck with the weaker powers.
Edit: Who here would not go for the OP GODLIKE powers if you were stuck in a world like this?
*Raises hand.*

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
That quote always makes me chuckle. Thanks for the laugh.

... What utter tripe.
Though I'd still go for OP GODLIKE powers if in Worm the setting can't get much worse.
So because you're in Worm, you'd do something that you believe would corrupt you? Interesting, considering you can just... go away. Hide. Never do anything with your information and let canon play out.

So you'd be ready to be corrupted to... save a world? Such a noble mindset. Or is it for self defense?

That quote always makes me chuckle. Thanks for the laugh.

... What utter tripe.

So because you're in Worm, you'd do something that you believe would corrupt you? Interesting, considering you can just... go away. Hide. Never do anything with your information and let canon play out.

So you'd be ready to be corrupted to... save a world? Such a noble mindset. Or is it for self defense?
Well if power corrupts, then it takes TIME, just cause you have noble reasons for all that power at start doesn't mean shit when you change along with the power as time goes on

Well if power corrupts, then it takes TIME, just cause you have noble reasons for all that power at start doesn't mean shit when you change along with the power as time goes on
Power does not change you. Power gives you options.

It's the options you choose that change you.

A small distinction, but an important one.

*raises hand* when dealing with myself or anyone else, I'd be really fucking careful about what experiences I put myself through and which powers I go for. I'd much rather build a stable of reliable, controllable low tier powers, than go for a straight up 'and now I am unstoppable' superpower that could easily blow up in my face.

[X] Plan Sherlock Scan.

Last edited:
Power does not change you. Power gives you options.

It's the options you choose that change you.

A small distinction, but an important one.
Except power DOES change you. No offense but thinking otherwise isn't very smart
The World Changes you as you see it Why would power be any different?
Power always corrupts in one way or another That is a fact
It is not instantaneous nor is it even slightly fast, but it will Change you NO MATTER what
To think anything else is unwise :p

Except power DOES change you. No offense but thinking otherwise isn't very smart
The World Changes you as you see it Why would power be any different?
Power always corrupts in one way or another That is a fact
It is not instantaneous nor is it even slightly fast, but it will Change you NO MATTER what
To think anything else is unwise :p
Yes, it does change you. By giving you options, you are steadily tempted more and more to do something. It is not necessarily wrong.

I truly do not get this spiel of how absolute power is somehow bad. Power = options. Power != evil.

Yes, it does change you. By giving you options, you are steadily tempted more and more to do something. It is not necessarily wrong.

I truly do not get this spiel of how absolute power is somehow bad. Power = options. Power != evil.
That's because it DOES corrupt, because we are HUMAN. Humans don't have absolute power, That is why is it corrupts absolutely
You know why the only thing that could handle being God is God himself is because hes a concept and never had wants or needs. humans DO that why it corrupts is because before you were just a sheep in the herd, now your god of all things due to your power and your saying that change WON'T corrupt you? I am sorry but this applies to everyone but you are NOWHERE near perfect enough to do that.
:p

That's because it DOES corrupt, because we are HUMAN. Humans don't have absolute power, That is why is it corrupts absolutely
You know why the only thing that could handle being God is God himself is because hes a concept and never had wants or needs. humans DO that why it corrupts is because before you were just a sheep in the herd, now your god of all things due to your power and your saying that change WON'T corrupt you? I am sorry but this applies to everyone but you are NOWHERE near perfect enough to do that.

Actual absolute power is quite boring, in reality. I recommend against it, the same with unending life.

I've had ultimate power. Star Trek handled it pretty correctly- absolute power = absolute boredom. Seriously, when you can do everything with no effort, things start to lose value. The only value you end up caring about is the emotional connections you make, the people you want to support- because you get to this point where you can't just do everything for them, or it loses meaning for them, and as small minded and feeble as they are, you don't want that for them.

This idea that someone will always turn into hitler giving the option- it depends on the moral and ethical character of the individual, what they are willing, and unwilling, to countenance.

When I had unlimited power, what I did to pass the time changed significantly. Before it was about survival, day to day gathering of resources, fighting enemies, securing my home and my friends against foreign threat. But once my position in the world changed, I stepped back and let others do that.

Instead... I built things. That's what I spent my time doing. I used this phenomenal godlike power I had to build things like they were out of lego, myself, with my own hands and phenomenal godlike powers. I made original things, rather than just copying something that someone else had made and convincing everyone it was my own invention.

I intervened in the world to keep things going, to help people who really needed it, but eventually the pre-existing system started to fall apart, so I used my enlightenment and phenomenal godlike powers to uplift a number of heroic mortals to positions within the celestial bureaucracy, establishing systems and overseers to manage the world fairly and equitably so that I didn't have to, and could focus on having fun.

Eventually I left the world, that reality entirely, simply worn down by failures beyond my control, having done everything there was to do, seen everything there was to see.

I don't have ultimate power here, but I'm very very aware of the pitfalls of it, having experienced it before. There's no guarantee that you'll just... turn into a bad person. You might turn into an incomprehensible person, you might not. You might do things that seem horrible through some eyes, but are actually pretty hilarious in others- and feel really bad about it after. Maybe that's the corruption you're talking about.

Actually it's a funny story. Basically I was really bored, so I went out and found these two renegades living in a small camp in the desert. I descended upon the world, and used my phenomenal god-like powers to grant them immortality, and freedom from pain. Then I drew my +10 whiffle-bat and began bouncing them across the landscape for a period of about fifteen minutes. Then I transmuted their stone floor to gold, made them mortal gain, and ascended back to Heaven.

For them it was a traumatic and bewildering experience- but ultimately, there was no harm in it, save they were on guard for the god of all pantheons descending from the heavens to bounce them across the desert.

I didn't do that sort of thing often, in the grand scheme of things. Three times in as many years, by my count, with no lasting harm in any of the cases.

I've had ultimate power. Star Trek handled it pretty correctly- absolute power = absolute boredom. Seriously, when you can do everything with no effort, things start to lose value. The only value you end up caring about is the emotional connections you make, the people you want to support- because you get to this point where you can't just do everything for them, or it loses meaning for them, and as small minded and feeble as they are, you don't want that for them.

This idea that someone will always turn into hitler giving the option- it depends on the moral and ethical character of the individual, what they are willing, and unwilling, to countenance.

When I had unlimited power, what I did to pass the time changed significantly. Before it was about survival, day to day gathering of resources, fighting enemies, securing my home and my friends against foreign threat. But once my position in the world changed, I stepped back and let others do that.

Instead... I built things. That's what I spent my time doing. I used this phenomenal godlike power I had to build things like they were out of lego, myself, with my own hands and phenomenal godlike powers. I made original things, rather than just copying something that someone else had made and convincing everyone it was my own invention.

I intervened in the world to keep things going, to help people who really needed it, but eventually the pre-existing system started to fall apart, so I used my enlightenment and phenomenal godlike powers to uplift a number of heroic mortals to positions within the celestial bureaucracy, establishing systems and overseers to manage the world fairly and equitably so that I didn't have to, and could focus on having fun.

Eventually I left the world, that reality entirely, simply worn down by failures beyond my control, having done everything there was to do, seen everything there was to see.

I don't have ultimate power here, but I'm very very aware of the pitfalls of it, having experienced it before. There's no guarantee that you'll just... turn into a bad person. You might turn into an incomprehensible person, you might not. You might do things that seem horrible through some eyes, but are actually pretty hilarious in others- and feel really bad about it after. Maybe that's the corruption you're talking about.

Actually it's a funny story. Basically I was really bored, so I went out and found these two renegades living in a small camp in the desert. I descended upon the world, and used my phenomenal god-like powers to grant them immortality, and freedom from pain. Then I drew my +10 whiffle-bat and began bouncing them across the landscape for a period of about fifteen minutes. Then I transmuted their stone floor to gold, made them mortal gain, and ascended back to Heaven.

For them it was a traumatic and bewildering experience- but ultimately, there was no harm in it, save they were on guard for the god of all pantheons descending from the heavens to bounce them across the desert.

I didn't do that sort of thing often, in the grand scheme of things. Three times in as many years, by my count, with no lasting harm in any of the cases.
Where did you get this story from?
Besides the Q from star trek are corrupt in a different way than you are thinking
They've become apathetic (not what you would think of corruption but it is a negative change; therefore a corruption of what that person was before)

What the fuck is this word soup? I don't even...

Okay. Ground rules. Absolute power = anything is possible, by definition of absolute. As such, you can be like God.
absolute
[ab-suh-loot, ab-suh-loot]

adjective
free from imperfection; complete; perfect:
absolute liberty.

not mixed or adulterated; pure:
absolute alcohol.

adjective
complete; outright:
an absolute lie; an absolute denial.
free from restriction or limitation; not limited in any way:
absolute command; absolute freedom.

What you're proposing is utterly insane. Absolute power is basically another word for omnipotence, meaning you can do anything, at any time, however you want (let's break causality!). Power is a tool. It's something you use everyday.

You're basically saying being capable of change is something that should be avoided and the ability to change anything is the ultimate evil. That's wrong, because it's not the ability itself that's the cause of evil, it's the decision you make. The ability to do so is, I repeat, not corruption in and of itself.
Oxford Dictionaries said:
Definition of corruption in English:
corruption

Pronunciation: /kəˈrʌpʃ(ə)n/
NOUN
[MASS NOUN]
Dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery:the journalist who wants to expose corruption in high places

1.1The action or effect of making someone or something morallydepraved: the corruption of youth was a powerful motif the word 'addict' conjures up evil and corruption

Power does not turn you morally depraved. It's a potential decision tree that you can easily avoid when you have no limits.

What the fuck is this word soup? I don't even...

Okay. Ground rules. Absolute power = anything is possible, by definition of absolute. As such, you can be like God.

What you're proposing is utterly insane. Absolute power is basically another word for omnipotence, meaning you can do anything, at any time, however you want (let's break causality!). Power is a tool. It's something you use everyday.

You're basically saying being capable of change is something that should be avoided and the ability to change anything is the ultimate evil. That's wrong, because it's not the ability itself that's the cause of evil, it's the decision you make. The ability to do so is, I repeat, not corruption in and of itself.

Power does not turn you morally depraved. It's a potential decision tree that you can easily avoid when you have no limits.
.... really Corruption doesn't make you morally depraved.. Your using the word wrongly. Corruption CAN make you morally deprived but that is only one aspect of what it is. I never said it was the POWER itself that made you evil. I meant that the power you as A HUMAN is never equal to absolute so that when you do get absolute power You will be corrupted in one way or another so please do better research -,-

Back