Does This Mean I Can't Watch TV Anymore? (Worm Quest)

Hmm you know a good book to use is Discworld: Soul Music with Taylor as Susan. It would most likely give Taylor a nice Stranger power and maybe even a limited Master power if she can use the VOICE OF DEATH.

Exactly how tough are Twilight vampires?
The Wiki said:
Another impressive feature about vampires is their virtual indestructibility. During the transformation process, a vampire's cells become extremely hard, durable, and refractive, rendering their bodies nearly impenetrable. Vampires are noted to be exponentially more durable than "soft" humans. The strength of a vampires skin is described as harder than granite, and even diamond-hard. Their bodies are so hard that they are unable to be harmed by human weapons, and the only creatures capable of killing them are other vampires, or werewolves. Their teeth are also noted to be one of the few things strong enough to be able to cut through their skin, as are werewolf teeth. Because of this indestructibility, it is quite impossible for a vampire to kill himself. As a newborn, Carlisle attempted this in many ways including jumping from atmospheric heights, drowning himself, and starving himself, after all of which he was unharmed.
Vampires have all sorts of ridiculously powerful abilities if Taylor can put herself through reading it. However, it comes with the downside of needing to drink blood, and several predatory urges to that extent.

Vampires have all sorts of ridiculously powerful abilities if Taylor can put herself through reading it. However, it comes with the downside of needing to drink blood, and several predatory urges to that extent.

I know Twilight is... well there is no need to say it. But the powers seem incredibly useful and we can have Taylor stick to drinking animal blood. At the moment Taylor is ridiculously sqishy compared to everyone else so unless someone can come up with better brute/superdurabilty based powers I am voting for Twilight vampire powers.

Also sparkles. Can't forget the sparkles.

I wonder if we can turn that off?

Last edited:
Now that we can get a power can we please pick one that gives at least gives super durability? It's just so embarrasing that a drugged up mook can still threaten someone who can gain any power she wants.
We could try Achilles from Grrl Power or the Amazing Indestructo from the Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy. Both if them are literally and completely indestructible without a kryponite of any sort. And Indestructo might get us brand management as an Ability. He can sell anything.

[X] Reading a book.
-[X] Girl Genius volume 1.
--[X] Agatha Heterodyne.

[X] Test your new power.
-[X] Build a small clank.

Ugh, no vampirism please, especially not Twilight vampirism.

How about a comic book instead? Replace Wolverine?

Outside of comic books, not too many people get invulnerability.
Maybe some powerful Wuxia or Xianxia heroes can resist injuries pretty well, but nothing like Superman or the like

Ugh, no vampirism please, especially not Twilight vampirism.

How about a comic book instead? Replace Wolverine?

Truth be told any good superdurability power would do. Seriously we can gain any power we want but yet after over a dozen updates Taylor is still vulnerable to mooks! I mean seriously the hell? That is just plain embarrasing and dangerous incase E88 finds out what Taylor did and attacks her.

We could try Achilles from Grrl Power or the Amazing Indestructo from the Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy. Both if them are literally and completely indestructible without a kryponite of any sort. And Indestructo might get us brand management as an Ability. He can sell anything.

We don't have internet access at the moment but it should be a priority to get invulnerability as soon as possible. The Amazing Indestructo's power sounds great, though I am not sure if everyone else wants a power like that at the moment, what do you guys think?

I know Twilight is... well there is no need to say it. But the powers seem incredibly useful and we can have Taylor stick to drinking animal blood. At the moment Taylor is ridiculously sqishy compared to everyone else so unless someone can come up with better brute/superdurabilty based powers I am voting for Twilight vampire powers.
We have other options, I listed several. I'm personally liking the Incarnations of Immortality route, as it would net us not only immortality, but tons of pwoer as well.
I wonder if we can turn that off?
We can, at the cost of turning off that power in general.
Those really don't seem like something Taylor would just happen to have, so it would mean a trip to the library, which has it's own potential problems.
Truth be told any good superdurability power would do. Seriously we can gain any power we want but yet after over a dozen updates Taylor is still vulnerable to mooks! I mean seriously the hell? That is just plain embarrasing and dangerous incase E88 finds out what Taylor did and attacks her.
In those dozen-ish updates, we had exactly one chance to choose a power set, and people wanted Thinker to help solve all her problems.

We have other options, I listed several. I'm personally liking the Incarnations of Immortality route, as it would net us not only immortality, but tons of pwoer as well.

I know you mentioned ring wraiths which have the downside of being able to be killed if their ring is(in world of thinkers this could be a serious problem.) As for the other ones they seem to come with godlike power which would seem less appealing this early on since they would probably break the setting and make things to easy or escalate things, can you go in depth about the power of the Incarnations of Immortality?
Those really don't seem like something Taylor would just happen to have, so it would mean a trip to the library, which has it's own potential problems.

Well either of those could have been a gift and the Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy is a novel.

Last edited:
If we're looking for combat power, might I suggest one of the classics?

[e] Reading a book.
-[e] Journey to the West

Last edited:
[X] Plan Early to Rise
-[x] Reading a book. (3 hours)

--[x] Journey to the West
---[x] The Monkey King Sun Wukong
-[x] Studying (2 hours)
--[X] Go to the library. Study up on PRT policies and procedures. Try to get a sense of how closely they monitor both independents and Wards.
-[X] Meeting up with Aunt Hilda (2 hours)
--[X] Meet for lunch. Chat about work at the PRT
--[X] Afterward, find somewhere private, get more information about signing up with the PRT as a Ward or independent.
-[X] Testing out some of your powers.
--[X] Testing out ALL of your powers at the same time. (6 hours)
--[X] Start out on the Boardwalk; test Sherlock Scan and To Be A Spy, You Gotta Dress Like A Spy by people watching, and then impersonating them. Find somewhere abandoned, out of the way for the rest. Maybe a junkyard to gather materials for Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble.

Last edited:
[x] Reading a book.
-[x] Journey to the West
--[x]The Monkey King Sun Wukong

Super strength, massive agility, fighting skills, cloning, immune to fire, can summon wind and rain, can't drown (or swim for that matter), can identify evil ( very noticeable).

Also should we be writing out a plan for the entire day at this point or should we take actions one at a time while keeping track of time?

Last edited:
I'll have to take your word for it; I haven't read these books. Are they any good?
I rather like them, it has a approach to the local cosmology that I had not seen before.
Each Incarnation has absolute control over their domain, a control that could not be usurped by anyone not even other Incarnations. While Death can not stop Evil from claiming a soul, it can prevent them (and everyone else) from dying in the first place. Time can remove the fog of causality, letting people remember the future as well as the pat, as well as rewind and undo certain events. Fate weaves the life-story for every individual, from Birth to Death (she has the most interaction with the other Immortals, as such). What exactly Life does wasn't shown, since the story ended right when the MC became Life, but she had a large host of abilities regardless (to become Life, you basically have to get all the power that Life has). War controls the weave and flow of every conflict, and can at any time cause the Final War, which will end all life on earth.

[X] Plan Early to Rise
-[x] Reading a book. (3 hours)

--[x] Journey to the West
---[x] The Monkey King Sun Wukong
-[x] Studying (2 hours)
--[X] Go to the library. Study up on PRT policies and procedures. Try to get a sense of how closely they monitor both independents and Wards.
-[X] Meeting up with Aunt Hilda (2 hours)
--[X] Meet for lunch. Chat about work at the PRT
--[X] Afterward, find somewhere private, get more information about signing up with the PRT as a Ward or independent.
-[X] Testing out some of your powers.
--[X] Testing out ALL of your powers at the same time. (6 hours)
--[X] Start out on the Boardwalk; test Sherlock Scan and To Be A Spy, You Gotta Dress Like A Spy by people watching, and then impersonating them. Find somewhere abandoned, out of the way for the rest. Maybe a junkyard to gather materials for Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble.

Last edited:
[x] Reading a book.
-[x] Journey to the West
--[x]The Monkey King Sun Wukong

Super strength, massive agility, fighting skills, cloning, immune to fire, can summon wind and rain, can't drown (or swim for that matter), can identify evil ( very noticeable).

Also should we be writing out a plan for the entire day at this point or should we take actions one at a time while keeping track of time?

Do any of those powers include superdurability? Also no swimming?

Only books guys.

Something that a teenage girl with bully issues is likely to have.

Do any of those powers include superdurability? Also no swimming?

That is actually a bit iffy on the details, basically he is an animate stone statue and usually he wears a golden chain mail that was blessed by a dragon king god which probably gives quite a bit of durability. Also he once was imprisoned by having Buddha place a mountain on top of him, he survived for about 500 years before being released. And during Xuánzàng 's journey to he takes quite a few heavy hits without any real harm.

The no swimming bit only applies when he uses his no drowning/survive in deep waters spell.

Only books guys.

Something that a teenage girl with bully issues is likely to have.

Well her mom was a literature professor if I recall correctly, so it would be believable that she has some less mainstream pieces of literature.

Last edited:
I still think that if we do go for another book, so soon, we should do something that would try to stabilize the sanity meter, rather than going for moar dakka.

[jk] Read a book
-[jk] Hitchiker's guide to the galaxy
--[jk] Marvin

Back