Status
Not open for further replies.
if nothing else we can wish to unlock our mana

If we wish, lets go for something we couldn't do with Green at all, yeah? The initial wish is the broadest effect we're likely to get in the entire quest and we have a lot of potential. It may be a bit of a slog to awaken our mana but I'm not sure skipping a month of effort is worth the opportunity cost versus like, friendly relations with the Incubator hive or some unique ability.

If we wish, lets go for something we couldn't do with Green at all, yeah? The initial wish is the broadest effect we're likely to get in the entire quest and we have a lot of potential. It may be a bit of a slog to awaken our mana but I'm not sure skipping a month of effort is worth the opportunity cost versus like, friendly relations with the Incubator hive or some unique ability.
That all Witches shall henceforth be Green aligned. :V

[x] Make a wish.

[x] Summers

I'm not going to bother rehashing what people have already said about why I want to make a wish, suffice to say I'm tired of being browbeaten and I'm tired of Aria being stubborn about it.

if nothing else we can wish to unlock our mana
I'm tired of Aria being stubborn about it.
I realize you're not the first person to say this, but you're the quickest to quote.

This reason boils down to "Because we voted not to wish before, we should wish now." It doesn't make any sense. Wishing is not inevitable, and it's neither the only nor the best path to magic. It's just the quickest, and one that always turns out badly for the contracted, whether it does so immediately or in a few years.

Besides, do you really want to help Kyubey?

Because "friendly relations with" (read: being useful for) the Incubators only involves them helping us for as long as it's efficient for them. If they ever reach a point where they can study us more effectively on an operating table, or as a Witch, what do you think will happen?

Besides, do you really want to help Kyubey?
Saving the universe. So yes, actually.

Because "friendly relations with" (read: being useful for) the Incubators only involves them helping us for as long as it's efficient for them. If they ever reach a point where they can study us more effectively on an operating table, what do you think will happen?
That's why we wish for genuine "I have your best interests at heart" instead of the "you are a useful asset" which is the most we will ever achieve without a wish.

Saving the universe. So yes, actually
This is still the furry white rat thing that almost ended it by accident we're talking about, right? Because Kyuubey-race error is far more likely to be the cause of universal death than entropy.

And it's not like he does literally anything else to 'help' our species. Why should we help him for some vague and presumably noble goal that he could, and far more likely is, just/be lying about?
That's why we wish for genuine "I have your best interests at heart" instead of the "you are a useful asset" which is the most we will ever achieve without a wish.
Or we could not wish at all and not actually need anything he could possibly, but probably won't, offer us.

Saving the universe. So yes, actually.
Nobody with any of the colors of mana will be cool with the universe fizzling out, so now that that's coming into play I consider entropy a solved problem.
Bullshit It doesn't get more likely than "guaranteed".
It's only "guaranteed" if entropy is the only thing that can destroy the universe. If the Incubators and/or Eldrazi destroy it first then it won't be destroyed by entropy.

You do know that entropy is so far in the future that the only way it's of any concern, is if Kyubey's race is actively using technology that shortens the universes life-span, and them harvesting energy is just so that they can prolong their consumerist golden age, right?

meanwhile, Kyubey's race has already almost accidentally'd the universe.

Kyubey, lying, about something he made a direct, plain language statement about.
Yeah, no, I doubt it.

Yes, he's harvesting energy in a way that staves of entropy.

doesn't mean that that's all that's going on, or that he doesn't have an ulterior motive, or that entropy prevention is even the reason he's doing this. he can say that harvesting energy the way he does slows down entropy, and claim that to be a good thing, but that doesn't mean that's his actual goal.

That wish wouldn't work for the whole of kyubey you know right? I believe it was commented on by the GM awhile back hinting that it would just be one body of Kyubey that is effected.

Just thought I should point that out.

That wish wouldn't work for the whole of kyubey you know right? I believe it was commented on by the GM awhile back hinting that it would just be one body of Kyubey that is effected.

Just thought I should point that out.
Ah, I didn't say that. If you made that wish, you'd have 3 options to vote from in terms of intent:

1: Target 1 body and turn it into a form better capable of helping you. (Magical Girl Kyubey)

2: Target the part of Kyubey in charge of a large area around you. Said area would move with you and would not have an upkeep cost.

3: Try to target the entirety of QB. This is the part I said was likely beyond your reserves.

Last edited:
Nobody with any of the colors of mana will be cool with the universe fizzling out, so now that that's coming into play I consider entropy a solved problem.
there are four color mages from this plane. One is Jade, who fucked off within 24 hours of wishing. One is currently a witch inside Walpurgisnacht. One is Kyubey. One is us.
The only one of those with any possible solution to entropy is Kyubey.

It's only "guaranteed" if entropy is the only thing that can destroy the universe. If the Incubators and/or Eldrazi destroy it first then it won't be destroyed by entropy.
To use one of Chocolate's earlier metaphors, Entropy is the Ginosaji. It never, ever, ever goes away.

You do know that entropy is so far in the future that the only way it's of any concern, is if Kyubey's race is actively using technology that shortens the universes life-span, and them harvesting energy is just so that they can prolong their consumerist golden age, right?
You assume they're not just capable of forward planning to deal with what is a massive, ongoing undertaking? Because that makes more sense to me than attributing reckless stupidity to them just so you don't have to admit that something you don't like might have good points.

Guaranteed was before magic was discovered. Jade changed the equation.

No wish exists for the purpose of granting humans any of the abilities you displayed earlier. In fact, your powers don't fall under any of the possible systems which could be described as 'magic'. None that I am aware of, in any case. It could prove to be quite the potent weapon against witches."

"My species looks after over a hundred worlds, helping the inhabitants of each and every one of them fight against witches. We have done this for hundreds of thousands of years. What you demonstrated this past week was something none of us had ever seen before. If you die, we may never find out how you did it. That alone is enough reason to maximize your chances of survival, even ignoring the massive impact you could make in the war against witches."
MtG magic is something new. Since he has yet to say that entropy is still guaranteed it might possibly still be controverted. Besides, guaranteed is such a broad term. It could be in a day or in a googolplex of centuries. Just because he says he is staving it off, how much is he doing so? Everything till now and including Kriemhild Gretchen might only haves staved it of for a mere second more.

Never forget that he is Kyubey, The Liar who tells only the Truth.

there are four color mages from this plane.
:Citation Needed:
The only one of those with any possible solution to entropy is Kyubey.
:Citation Needed:

Last edited:
2: Target the part of Kyubey in charge of a large area around you. Said area would move with you and would not have an upkeep cost.

As a consideration, this is really likely to upset the rest of the kyubey hivemind / swarm / clowder. If we do this, expect them to spread propaganda about us to other magical girls that indicate we're some sort of mind controlling threat. (And given how wish magic works, we might actually get befriending powers or something? Maybe it'd just make us more personable, which would be interesting with our singing talents.)

Guaranteed was before magic was discovered. Jade changed the equation.
And until such a time when either A) Jade quits dicking around elsewhere and comes back here to fix it or B) Kyubey figures out a solution via the Mana knowledge he's thus-far acquired, it remains that way.

MtG magic is something new. Since he has yet to say that entropy is still guaranteed it might possibly still be controverted.
Possibly. With more Mana understanding. Which no one currently has, and he has by far the most progress toward that goal, but mana-wise and non.

There is no evidence of any other MtG mages in existence at this time. If you have any, do provide it and I'll happily correct my statement.

Kyubey is the only one who's even thought about it. Jade buggered off, UBM Witched, and Aria can't even use mana yet. So yes, as of current, he is the only one with any possible solution to entropy.

Well it's a good name, something new has been brought forth and fire is no longer the purview of the gods.... er Kyubey.
Kyubey is the only one who's even thought about it. Jade buggered off, UBM Witched, and Aria can't even use mana yet. So yes, as of current, he is the only one with any possible solution to entropy.
I believe you mean plan then. As a potential Green mage, the color of growth, we have a possible solution. Make things grow outside of the laws of thermodynamics.
There is no evidence of any other MtG mages in existence at this time. If you have any, do provide it and I'll happily correct my statement.
However many sorceresses that are running around? Any other potentials that may exist like us? Since two people have shown up on earth it is highly likely that there are more people at least somewhere in the plane.

Last edited:
[X] Try to defuse the situation.
-[X] Say that it's only a temporary measure; you'll be happy to help her once you've unlocked your magic.
-[X] Tell her that you just don't trust Kyubey enough to let him near your soul. He hid that soul gems had souls for the longest time. And whatever he does with soul gems makes them generate that... corruption.
--[X] Ask if she's been remembering to keep her soul-gem clean. it felt nearly half full last night, and she seemed to have almost forgotten to take care of it at the time. she does know that leaving it to fill is really bad for her, right?

[X] Don't wish.

This is starting to feel like a trap set up by Kyubey, get Jade in a school setting, unleash a witch here.

He is also likely doing a slow conversion or release of sorceress's over time too, to keep the game afoot. They also likely produce a lot more energy then most, even a weak potential could likely turn into a lot through the process of using mana.

-[X] Say that it's only a temporary measure; you'll be happy to help her once you've unlocked your magic.
-[X] Tell her that you just don't trust Kyubey enough to let him near your soul. He hid that soul gems had souls for the longest time. And whatever he does with soul gems makes them generate that... corruption.
--[X] Ask if she's been remembering to keep her soul-gem clean. it felt nearly half full last night, and she seemed to have almost forgotten to take care of it at the time. she does know that leaving it to fill is really bad for her, right?

[X] Don't wish.

We really shouldn't trust Kyubey anyways.

[X] Don't Wish

If we end up wishing again so we can get moar power, and being forced to hunt witches or witchout ourselves, I will be so dissed.

Last edited:
there are four color mages from this plane. One is Jade, who fucked off within 24 hours of wishing. One is currently a witch inside Walpurgisnacht. One is Kyubey. One is us.
Unless heat death is happening now that's not really relevant. Kyuubey's learning how to make more mages and is capable of using mana on its own. Wait, you noted that second part, but...yeah, no, the Incubators count as a hell of a lot more than "one Mage".
And until such a time when either A) Jade quits dicking around elsewhere and comes back here to fix it or B) Kyubey figures out a solution via the Mana knowledge he's thus-far acquired, it remains that way.

Possibly. With more Mana understanding. Which no one currently has, and he has by far the most progress toward that goal, but mana-wise and non.
Kyuubey went from seeing someone else unlock mana to summoning Eldrazi in about a week. I predict a year on the outside for him to figure out how to keep the universe running on mana, but even if I'm wrong he can take a trillion times longer than my prediction and still be comfortably ahead of heat death.

And nobody else has more than a week of experience using mana either, so judging by current capabilities is really weird. Really weird. We're talking about solving what is literally the longest-term project anyone has ever imagined. Aria's descendants could form their own intergalactic civilization of treespaceships dedicated to keeping the universe running in an unnoticeable fraction of the time that we have to fix this.

The existence of fixed-point perpetual mana sources should affect the idea of universal thermodynamic equilibrium.

THAT SAID, is it not more likely that for an average universe, a mage fucking around and drawing in the Eldrazi would have a far more likely chance of happening than this "entropy" problem? If you want to save the universe, preventing that should be your first concern.

Let's say we encounter one mage per inhabited planet per year. We get about 100 billion years of inhabited planets. Let's say that one in a million mages becomes powerful or experienced enough to fuck with devoid mana. Kyubey has 13 billion inhabited planets under management in the Milky Way. There are something like 200 billion galaxies in the universe. We would expect an Eldrazi incursion to occur approximately 250 million times over the course of the universe's lifetime.

Even knocking the numbers around by factors of thousands to millions, it seems extremely likely that the Eldrazi eat pretty much every universe before it reaches thermodynamic equilibrium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back