Status
Not open for further replies.
[X] Try to defuse the situation.
-[X] Say that it's only a temporary measure; you'll be happy to help her once you've unlocked your magic.
-[X] Tell her that you just don't trust Kyubey enough to let him near your soul. He hid that soul gems had souls for the longest time. And whatever he does with soul gems makes them generate that... corruption.
--[X] Ask if she's been remembering to keep her soul-gem clean. it felt nearly half full last night, and she seemed to have almost forgotten to take care of it at the time. she does know that leaving it to fill is really bad for her, right?

[X] Don't wish.

Yeah but the point is you guys are doing it every single vote. If you stirred up enough support and then all voted it would be one thing but otherwise it's just tiring. And bad sportsmanship.
Well, as a matter of fact, I'm not voting to wish at the moment. The timing seems poor.
The point was that saying "we", either as a whole or as Aria, don't want to wish is incorrect.

Eh, I've said similar stuff to that before. It's depressed, sure, but not like the unusually depressed I'd expect from late in a grief spiral or something. Maybe at like a third full?

I would say about 50%. She's saying things she wouldn't normally think, similar to Jade's grief-thoughts during the spiral. She's obviously been crying. She's doing the whole crazy laugh thing. She made that threat but it makes zero sense to invite us to school then threaten to lock us away. Overall the impression I get isn't unlike Sayaka around when she met those guys on the train (in canon PMMM) - highly negative thoughts about herself and about others.

Unrelated:

After the next question doesn't arrive, you glance up at a clock. 12:17 PM. Kaylee looks like she's thinking about something else and isn't even looking at you anymore.

"Shouldn't we be eating right now? That is why it's called a 'lunch break', right?"

"Hmm?" Kaylee blinks, then focuses back on you. "Food is for the weak."

She's a MG yo. Or maybe a potential, but more likely a MG. Telepathy and going without food. Plus colored text from a meta perspective.

A significant majority has voted against several times.
For this very reason, you don't need to do this:

[X] Standing vote not to wish.
[X] Whichever vote ends with us not wishing.

For Aria to make a wish, there would need to be a minimum number of 30 votes, with 16 of said votes being to make a wish. Votes may carry across recent updates for this purpose, but the carry-over includes people who don't want to wish.

For this very reason, you don't need to do this:

For Aria to make a wish, there would need to be a minimum number of 30 votes, with 16 of said votes being to make a wish. Votes may carry across recent updates for this purpose, but the carry-over includes people who don't want to wish.
How would you even tally that?
My bad then. Though I think Chocolate was saying "we" as a large majority. Which is correct.
As a majority, and as Aria, yes.

No, I meant program-wise, if he's not using update posts as counting separators.
Just set the vote starting point to an earlier post count instead of the last threadmark. People who are voting for something new will still not be voting for a wish and people who haven't voted yet but didn't vote for a wish earlier will also not be voting for a wish.

No, I meant program-wise, if he's not using update posts as counting separators.

Pull usernames for those who did vote to wish from the thread. Use a vote tally with a starting point 1-3 posts previous. Pull out all those who wanted to wish within that timeframe, unless they indicated a change of heart; everyone else would be counted as "no."

(This includes people who initially tried to vote for wishing, but switched to something else afterward since it wasn't working out)

Last edited:
Again, Aria could go either way. "eww icky gunk" is not enough IC justification to say she's opposed to it like you are.

The real IC reason would be that our parents seem to disapprove of the idea strongly, but that's weakening as a justification over time, so eh.

She's a MG yo. Or maybe a potential, but more likely a MG. Telepathy and going without food. Plus colored text from a meta perspective.

She could be another color mage, or something weirder. But yeah probably a Magi unless she's going to end up as a rival to us or an antagonist.

Given the tan color, I find that unlikely. Either she's a Magi or something weirder. (Ia ia Cthulhu ftagn?)

Talking about the strong and the weak, some sort of ability about surviving... I could actually see her as a weak Green mage. There's gotta be some sort of green spell that makes you eat less or something like that, right? It seems like it'd be very useful if you really wanted to avoid civilization.

If she is a Magi, her not eating at school is a sign that she's relatively experienced. Which would be odd if Azura doesn't know about her (and Kyubey hasn't tried to get them to meet up for PR reasons or anything. I bet MG teams are more inspiring than solo ops.)

Given the tan color, I find that unlikely. Either she's a Magi or something weirder. (Ia ia Cthulhu ftagn?)
Could be an RRGW. Red + green = Yellow, Yellow + Red = Orange, Orange + White = Tan.
Again, Aria could go either way. "eww icky gunk" is not enough IC justification to say she's opposed to it like you are.
She's opposed because otherwise she would have wished by now. The argument then comes full circle with the revelation that we are her, and our IC-justifiable reasons are hers. Which I suppose makes your point for you, so that's a win.

She's opposed because otherwise she would have wished by now.
There's a difference between "reluctance" and "opposed". The first is what Aria has IC demonstrated, the latter is your "if it's die or wish, let's die" stance.
The argument then comes full circle with the revelation that we are her, and our IC-justifiable reasons are hers. Which I suppose makes your point for you, so that's a win.
...You've lost me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back