Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went through and counted all the votes across the entire thread, and if I'm not mistaken, only about 10 11 people have been voting to make a wish. Total. Across all votes.

Yer gonna need to get more people on your side to even have a remote chance of letting that happen, guys. Like I said earlier, just voting for it over and over isn't really going to work. :p

Last edited:
[X] Try to defuse the situation.
-[X] Recommend hugging a plushie. It often helps you feel a little bit better. Maybe it would work for Azura, too?

^^ I am just voting for wharever will cause the most hilarious result.

So I went through and counted all the votes across the entire thread, and if I'm not mistaken, only about 10 11 people have been voting to make a wish. Total. Across all votes.

Yer gonna need to get more people on your side to even have a remote chance of letting that happen, guys. Like I said earlier, just voting for it over and over isn't really going to work. :p
*shrugs* Well, I dunno what to do there. Most of the people opposed seem pretty set on it, and my internet debating skills lie more in yelling at people than convincing them to switch sides.
TBH if we go long enough with the constantly avoiding wishing I'm probably just gonna leave. I just can't quite fathom why you would play a quest in PMMM, with crazy high potential (which we voted for), and a guaranteed way to cleanse your gem, and not wish. If you want to play a non-meguca go play as a guy or something, idk.

I just can't quite fathom why you would play a quest in PMMM, with crazy high potential (which we voted for), and a guaranteed way to cleanse your gem, and not wish. If you want to play a non-meguca go play as a guy or something, idk.
Well for me the entire point from the beginning, of Ignition, was to play a PMMM quest without actually becoming a Magical Girl. I also voted for low potential so there is that. In fact I would posit that most of the people still voting voted for low potential. It was a bunch of the people who were here for the first vote or two and then left that wanted high.

If/When the wish voters lose this vote, could you lock wishing unless we're being coerced persuaded in some new way that hasn't already been tried on us? Because at this point it's more IC to be opposed to wishing than to be considering it, and if it ever wins Aria's thought process will end up looking something like "You know, now that I think about it slightly more, I've decided to completely reverse my opinion on this thing."

*shrugs* Well, I dunno what to do there. Most of the people opposed seem pretty set on it, and my internet debating skills lie more in yelling at people than convincing them to switch sides.
TBH if we go long enough with the constantly avoiding wishing I'm probably just gonna leave. I just can't quite fathom why you would play a quest in PMMM, with crazy high potential (which we voted for), and a guaranteed way to cleanse your gem, and not wish. If you want to play a non-meguca go play as a guy or something, idk.
Everybody voting not to wish also voted for low potential.

That was hyperbole, but conveyed a general sentiment which is true.
To use one of Chocolate's earlier metaphors, Entropy is the Ginosaji. It never, ever, ever goes away.
So why do you want to introduce into our much more fragile system something exactly like this?

If/When the wish voters lose this vote, could you lock wishing unless we're being coerced persuaded in some new way that hasn't already been tried on us? Because at this point it's more IC to be opposed to wishing than to be considering it, and if it ever wins Aria's thought process will end up looking something like "You know, now that I think about it slightly more, I've decided to completely reverse my opinion on this thing."
He already said that there needs to be a minimum of 30 voters with at least 16 of those voters wanting to make a wish before that vote is allowed. He also said that as of this moment, through the entire thread, that there has only been 11 people total who have voted to make a wish. It's usually around 5 or less though.

The existence of fixed-point perpetual mana sources should affect the idea of universal thermodynamic equilibrium.

Yeah, I honestly think the Kyubalt at this point probably already has all the information they need to probably stave off entropy. Letting them figure out Green would catapult those chances to near certainty, since mana ramp is absurdly strong on an interplanetary civilization's scale, you know?

We would expect an Eldrazi incursion to occur approximately 250 million times over the course of the universe's lifetime.

Incursions do not necessarily end with the entire Universe gone. I think it's pretty likely they just nom a Galaxy and get bored in the emptiness between them, and then go back to find another plane. If anything they'd probably start eating the same Galaxy in all the adjacenet planes.

Everybody voting not to wish also voted for low potential.
factually wrong as I don't want a Wish and voted Jade level potential.
it also fails at hyperbole as more than 2/3rd voted for potential above low, 11 people voted for low potential which is the same number that voted for making a wish, but I'm not going to check if those are the same people.

I, too, am confident that, after learning that we've been dumping that horrible soul-gunk into other people's souls, "intact" will be the most positive possible descriptor of our condition.
It's only a soul in the same way that a decomposing corpse is a body. Dumping the gunk in it does not actually make anything worse.

You mean aside from enhancing the negative emotions of the person the gunk is dumped into? :confused:
Grief seeds can't get more negative. Grief seeds are just witches that lack the power to generate a body and a barrier. Witches are what happens when Grief reaches maximum, and there's no "above" maximum.
Unless we're dumping the gunk into someone's soul gem, then no, we're not actually enhancing any negative emotions.
Soylent Green isn't living people, you weren't making anything worse for them by eating it.
...I'm afraid I don't get the reference.

Temporary Threadmark: Negation, cont.
You mean aside from enhancing the negative emotions of the person the gunk is dumped into? :confused:
I, too, am confident that, after learning that we've been dumping that horrible soul-gunk into other people's souls, "intact" will be the most positive possible descriptor of our condition.
Negating meta knowledge again:

In this, Grief Seeds do not feel any negative effects from having Grief poured into them. Describing them as "dead souls" would be pretty accurate. (Again, not a Kyubeyism)

Well, okay, only mostly dead, so still slightly alive. Important distinction since you're a MTG mage. Wouldn't feel anything anyway.

EDIT: More negation. Unless you make a bloody stupid wish, you'd need to be extremely oblivious and/or reckless with spending habits for a large amount of time in order to let Aria witch out. She isn't Jade. Grief generation is still a possibility, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back