Status
Not open for further replies.
@Alivaril what are our parents' opinions on magical girls, as far as we are aware? (and how, if any, has it changed since the recent revelations?)

It seems likely that we would have heard something, and that seems kinda important for inferring stuff like "are they likely to be mad at us for this (and, for considering it, or for not jumping on it)" and "are they likely to push us into making a wish".

You're rather fuzzy on this subject. You know your parents don't hate magical girls, but they don't seem to particularly appreciate what they do, either. The topic hasn't really come up in conversation.

Magical girls are almost universally beloved, so your parents may end up encouraging you to contract since it would likely help your singing career. On the flip side, hunting witches isn't 100% safe and would take away from your practice and learning time.

E: Their opinion does not seem to have been changed in the slightest by the whole "soul gem" thing.

Last edited:
Kyuubey is no longer in the room if asking him to leave works.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but I think the parental controls would be mentioned whether he left or not.
Okay, slightly changed wording then.

[x] Ask Kyubey if he could please go away.
-[x] If he refuses, tell your father that you just wanted more information before making a decision.
-[x] Explain about the parental controls blocking everything. If Kyubey has left then wait for dad to calm down first.

[X] Remain silent. You're not sure if this is about you anymore.

If he's angry, then stay silent. He's certainly not asking for us to say anything yet. I mean, I wasn't abused, but this is angry parent 101.

Well, unless...

@Alivaril? Could we ask him to go away telepathically?

Last edited:
-[X] Ask telepathically if Kyuubey could please go away.

Last edited:

Yeah, probably best option.

Sure.

0.7: Please go away...

You keep quiet. Just in case silence isn't enough, you pull your knees toward your chest and curl into a ball. From past experience, you've learned your legs can handle a lot more injury than your stomach can.

"Kyubey, could you please go away? You're not helping any."

"You are being rather selfish, Aria. Witches are forming faster than Azura can kill them. If this state of affairs continues, this city will die."

"I don't want to have some icky black corruption messing with my soul! It's not natural."

You hear the muffled squelching noise signifying the ejection of yet another of Kyubey's bodies.

"Pardon me, but could you please repeat your last three words?"

Like many other people who have been asked to repeat something they said only moments before, you hesitate before answering.

"...It's not natural?"

Kyubey goes quiet. You can hear your father stomping around your bedroom, possibly chasing after a quick little bunnycat. You get the feeling Kyubey is intentionally keeping your father distracted, but you're not sure why he would want to bother doing that. It will probably only make your father even angrier.

You break the mental silence as a thought occurs to you. "And anyway, if it's that much of a problem, why not just bring in a magical girl from a city which has an excess of them?"

"There are no other cities in this area which fulfill your requirements.

"Can't you do something to help?"

"What do you think I am doing right now? As it would seem you truly fear for the condition of your soul, I am willing to help you if you so desire."

You have the feeling his 'help' will still benefit him in the long run. You're slightly tempted to wish for him to actually help you without ulterior motives. Unfortunately, given as Kyubey is controlling countless bodies across the entire world, trying to affect all of him might be beyond your potential. Or, worse, he might be solely devoted to helping you and end up neglecting major parts of the world.

"Specifically," he continues, "I am willing to use my own energy to make your soul gem indestructible. In that event, even if your soul were to fill up with grief, you still would not die. In essence, you would be immortal."

Your mind instantly jumps to the worst possibilities.

"What happens if my body dies? Would my soul just be stuck inside a little gemstone forever?"

"You would be able to recreate a new body using magic."

"Wouldn't I effectively be barred from Heaven?"

"That is one way to look at it, but that also means you will never go to 'Hell'."

Your parents would probably consider that cheating, but for once in your life, you're not sure you'd mind. There are so many things which can send you there, and it's so difficult to remember them all...

"What would happen to me when the universe dies?"

"The energy generated by the creation of magical girls breaks the rule of conservation. As such, unless my race were to be completely destroyed, the heat death of the universe is never going to occur."

...You get the feeling an awful lot of people would be very interested in that piece of information. For you, it's just an interesting bit of trivia.

"Is that the only reason you're helping us fight off witches? So you can harvest as much energy as possible?"

"Of course not." Kyubey sounds rather offended, a noticeable contrast to his eternal cheer. "Do you have any more relevant questions?"

You marshal your thoughts. You're not even sure you want to be immortal. There are an awful lot of things God could do to punish you for trying to cheat death.

"Is corruption equal to sin? As in, would it be more difficult for me to get into Heaven if I died while my soul was darker, or if I died because my soul went completely black?"

"Corruption and 'sin' are two completely different things. It would not be more difficult for you to get into Heaven, no."

You feel a light weight land next to you on the bed. Moments later, your bed creaks as your father brings both fists down in an attempt to crush Kyubey into paste. He misses.

"Incidentally," Kyubey continues, "Your father is getting really quite enraged. I highly recommend either running or making a wish before this gets any worse."

Your train of thought comes to a crashing halt. Shock, fear, and anger struggle for dominance in your mind. You can hear your father scrambling around the room, trying to kill Kyubey. You don't understand why he's getting so angry, but it can't be anything good for you.

"You're doing this on purpose!"

"I am attempting to avoid destruction. I am not certain why this simple action is making your father angrier. If you wish, I could just leave."

Beneath your pillow, you shake your head, then quickly halt the motion before you draw your father's attention. If Kyubey leaves now, it'll just leave you as the sole target for your father's rage. You can't really think of anything you've done wrong lately, but your father tends to be much less forgiving of little mistakes when he's angry. Unlike you, your parents rarely fail to notice when you do something wrong.

[] Remain perfectly still and hope your father doesn't notice you. He probably will, but maybe it would help remind him that you were kinda throwing up a couple minutes ago? Hitting you now might make it even worse.

[] Try to sneak out of the room...
-[] And run out of the house, too. Your father will be very upset with you later, but it would probably still hurt less than staying around.
-[] Ask Kyubey to keep him distracted while you're fleeing.

[] Make a wish.
(Initiates another vote)

[] Write-in

Last edited:
"Specifically," he continues, "I am willing to use my own energy to make your soul gem indestructible. In that event, even if your soul were to fill up with grief, you still would not die. In essence, you would be immortal."
I was afraid this one was going to come up again.

[X] Remain perfectly still and hope your father doesn't notice you. He probably will, but maybe it would help remind him that you were kinda throwing up a couple minutes ago? Hitting you now might make it even worse.

For now. Running will just make things worse and we're not really in a good state right now.....
On the other hand maybe we can try to help kill Kyubey? Family bonding over Xenocide?

Last edited:
[X] You... you just don't know. Ask him to just leave
-[X] Besides, making a wish isn't something you should rush and do without a lot of thinking. Even if you did want to.
[X] Remain perfectly still and hope your father doesn't notice you. He probably will, but maybe it would help remind him that you were kinda throwing up a couple minutes ago? Hitting you now might make it even worse.

It looks like Kyubey noticed that Aria is Green. There really aren't any good options here.

For those who haven't participated in one of my quests before: If you ask a question and its within the boundaries of what your character knows, I'll be happy to answer it.

Last edited:
At least he's not offering the chance scan our soul for a power boost.

Last edited:
Subtlety? What's that?

For those who haven't participated in one of my quests before: If you ask a question and its within the boundaries of what your character knows, I'll be happy to answer it.

He may have made a bit of a misstep here, though. For Green, death is just a natural part of life. Corruption and dirtying of the soul however, even if it doesn't kill you... that might be something else entirely.

[] Make a wish.

I have an idea with this. I get where Fair Letters is coming from and agree, but Aria doesn't know any better... except for one part at the deepest part of her Soul. Can anyone think of a way to word our want for things to be... natural? The part of us that knows our parents are... unnatural in how they treat us.

Honestly, I feel like that could be the best wish for her. Nothing's going to fix her mental state at this point, at least nothing we can get/realize IC, but allowing her to safely integrate green to fill in the gaps (so that she doesn't over-ride her normal personality like Jade can)? She'll be different, but might very well come out of it whole. Or at least better than she is/will be otherwise.

Could get us in touch with our inner Lunar Exalt and may help with Green Mana as well, although probably not with other types outside of where Green mingles with White and Red.
7 messages total as of this one.
And you decided to read this quest? Good luck, this is one of the harder ones.

Everyone knows parents can only see things in motion. If you remain perfectly still you are like invisible to them!

God, this situation sucks.

There are three possible endings for that wish.

We mind control our parents. We kill them. We get them arrested.
The last two get us dumped in an orphanage and that's not going to help things. The first would probably have some pretty negative repercussions as well.
Are out of character wishes NOPEd by QM?

Because if not, just wishing them dead seems like a good solution...
Yep. And that's a terrible solution considering we are 14 years old and most likely have few if any relatives.

Yep. And that's a terrible solution considering we are 14 years old and most likely have few if any relatives.
Orphanages and foster care in the US are still quite a bit better than this.

Additionally, as a magical girl it'd be pretty easy to find profitable employment.

In fact, going on the run and living like Kyoko? Both a way better situation and interesting from a OOC perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back