Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what you're trying to warn against here. Kyubey leading a witch to Aria? Someone having pictures of her covered in blood after the Witch attack?
That second is actually vaguely likely. Aria is an idol, after all, and those often have fans cataloguing their lives.

On another note, it's somewhat weird that she's an idol when she doesn't live in Japan, and Karia doesn't sound Korean or anything. So I do wonder if Aria enjoys as much idol infrastructure as what I think of when I think of idols.

I don't actually know what you're trying to say here. :p
Mostly joking over the fact that whenever we are discussing an "important issue" we argue it out for over at least ten pages. Really, on this one though, it's only two outliers. One of which inexplicable wants to make a wish and the others motives are a bit murky. There probably won't be too much discussion on this one.

That second is actually vaguely likely. Aria is an idol, after all, and those often have fans cataloguing their lives.

On another note, it's somewhat weird that she's an idol when she doesn't live in Japan, and Karia doesn't sound Korean or anything. So I do wonder if Aria enjoys as much idol infrastructure as what I think of when I think of idols.
She sings. That's different from being an idol, unless I missed where he said that we were explicitly an idol. People can sing for contests and auditions and such without being those Asian idol thingies.

She sings. That's different from being an idol, unless I missed where he said that we were explicitly an idol. People can sing for contests and auditions and such without being those Asian idol thingies.

I kinda unintentionally did, but the question asked was referring to what genres of music she typically sings for... A question that I still haven't properly answered and I'm tempted to leave up to a vote at this point. YouTube's recent evilness in regards to YouTube Red managed to eat most of my examples.

Worth noting is that idols do exist where Aria lives (USA), courtesy of the reality-warping wishes of little girls.

Last edited:
She sings whatever genre her parents tell her to sing. Does that simplify the question any?

That's actually pretty accurate. Aria is a soprano with an unusually large range, and thankfully, her voice has not been "ruined" by puberty.*

*Aria's parents have yet to give her a proper version of The Talk. Her education in that department mostly consisted of "You're going to have some sinful thoughts for the next several years. Ignore them."

E: Despite the best attempts of her parents to give her a properly sheltered upbringing, she still managed to pick up some vocabulary words her parents probably don't want her to know about, courtesy of when they're really angry. Oh, and from a few books which were insufficiently analyzed.

Last edited:
Well, it'd be a short quest if we did. :whistle:

If anything, though, why are we telling our parents everything? Sounds like a recipe for them pushing us into making a wish to become the perfect child..
We're not.
Vote Tally : Disjunction (PMMM/Ignition) | Page 24 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.6.0

[X] Go to sleep. It's getting late and it's important for you to be well-rested during learning hours.
-[X] Tell your parents about the witch attack when you get up. They'll find out sooner or later.
No. of Votes: 4

[X] Go to sleep. It's getting late and it's important for you to be well-rested during learning hours.
No. of Votes: 3

-[X] Contact Kyubey and ask him if you could use one of his bodies as a plushie. So fluffy...
-[X] Tell your parents about the witch attack when you get up. They'll find out sooner or later.
-[X] Inform your parents that Kyubey says you have a large amount of magical potential.
-[X] Ask your parents if they could unblock any of the websites parental controls rejected. Hopefully, not all of them contain content unsuitable for your viewing.
No. of Votes: 2

[X] Go to sleep. It's getting late and it's important for you to bewell-rested during learning hours.
-[X] Don't tell anyone anything. It might make them unhappy.
No. of Votes: 1

[X] Check one last thing online before going to sleep.
-[X] Try to get in contact with someone on one of the sites you do have access to, preferable an actual MG, and ask them about your concerns and if they can relay the information that's on the blocked sites.
No. of Votes: 1

Total No. of Voters: 11
I want to tell them about the witch attack because there's withholding information and then there's not telling them we watched dozens of people die yesterday.

I want to tell them about the witch attack because there's withholding information and then there's not telling them we watched dozens of people die yesterday.
Especially when they probably check out tracking data to make sure we haven't gone any place we shouldn't and a name pops up that they just saw on the TV a tad earlier.......

They'd better not be stereotypical Hollywood Christian parents. That'd just be

Nope, although I am totally saving that picture. They don't even actually believe most of what they tell Aria. Substitute fictional monsters with threats warnings that X or Y will make her go to Hell, and you have Aria's childhood in a nutshell.

Last edited:
Obviously they can't believe most of that, they'd be going to Hell themselves. :V

Are they at least somewhat religious?

Looking over everything, Aria seems to be way more sheltered and socially isolated had than I originally thought. Apparently, she's only allowed to wander around outside the house on a single day a week if I read the character sheet right, and even that was a recent development.

It kind of seems like the only reason she even remotely better off than Jade is because this is pretty much normal life to her and she doesn't know any better. I'm curious on how the quest is going to progress from this kind of situation.

It kind of seems like the only reason she even remotely better off than Jade is because this is pretty much normal life to her and she doesn't know any better. I'm curious on how the quest is going to progress from this kind of situation.
Well there is that whole Kyubey sending Witches after potentials and/or their families bit.

She might have something approaching friends at the auditions and such that she goes to? I imagine a lot of the same people keep attending them.

Then again, she's in direct competition with them and her parents probably warned her against trying to talk to them.

Aria thinks they are. Many religious individuals would have fits if they ever learned what she has and hasn't been taught.

They worship pure ambition alone and have sacrificed Aria on that altar. Aria could have achieved just as much without the negative reinforcement and abuse from the parents.

But then she would not be fit to be a protagonist in this quest.

They worship pure ambition alone and have sacrificed Aria on that altar. Aria could have achieved just as much without the negative reinforcement and abuse from the parents.

But then she would not be fit to be a protagonist in this quest.
That's just because of the potential vote. Which happened before us learning we could have access to other magic systems. If they were voted for at the same time, her potential would definitely not be as high, since at this point it's pure handicap with no benefit.

Ya know, the appearance picture of IA has the hair go well past, uh, "usual lengths." Is Aria's hair actually that long? Seems it would make performance difficult, though less so if Aria's just a singer and not an actual idol (which is something I don't think we have definite word on?). I suppose it's possible that that was deemed a reasonable sacrifice if her image agents aka her parents thought it would help more than hurt.

*Aria's parents have yet to give her a proper version of The Talk. Her education in that department mostly consisted of "You're going to have some sinful thoughts for the next several years. Ignore them."

Coming back to this, this is kind of... yeah.:V

She at least has a vague understanding of where babies come from though, right?

Ya know, the appearance picture of IA has the hair go well past, uh, "usual lengths." Is Aria's hair actually that long? Seems it would make performance difficult, though less so if Aria's just a singer and not an actual idol (which is something I don't think we have definite word on?). I suppose it's possible that that was deemed a reasonable sacrifice if her image agents aka her parents thought it would help more than hurt.

At this point, I wouldn't even put it past them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back