Chronicles of Divinity (A Council God Quest)

@CausalityCircle
I know its just i didnt remeber Rhaundeth's name so i called her Title and what i mean was just guardians of animals but you could also make them basically witchers since you are a Hunter

But what do you think of the Jaguar warrior idea?
depends if there's Jaguar's in the area, but part of the potency of the Jaguar warrior is that in Aztec mythology the first world/people were destroyed/devoured by Jaguars. Spark does have hunting and killing domains so she could probably pull it off, but I'm not sure how they relate to setting up a worship culture. I also don't know the actual mechanics for blessing objects, I think Hellhound said we'd have to guide our followers into figuring out how to do it themselves. It's a good idea tho thanks for sharing it.

Also @deities what are your Symbols or the Icons your priests use basically what is your holy cross

I am trying to get a feel for what Silicrilia might want.

I worked the stones and laid metals within it. Not because of I desired grandeur in the creation but rather, because of the processes of my art. Give me not a crown, but a shovel or a pick of any kind for I hide that which I create. And those are the tools by which they can be found.

I am trying to get a feel for what Silicrilia might want.

I worked the stones and laid metals within it. Not because of I desired grandeur in the creation but rather, because of the processes of my art. Give me not a crown, but a shovel or a pick of any kind for I hide that which I create. And those are the tools by which they can be found.

Maybe something mountain related like the Peaks of a mountain with veins of different metals and gems or a a fire deep in a mountain like your manifestation.. Hmm you could get the Volcano domain too now that i think

I am afraid not. I want to do more work to make sure my will is done. But maybe some other time.

*Smile*

ooc: I have no idea what you are referring to. context please
nm figured it out

A shame. But your plan for the mortals seems very involved. If you believe you need to watch over them for a hundred years to make sure they do not deviate, I will not fault you.
Do feel free to seek me out for a hunt when you are less busy.

Last edited:
I wonder what would happen if mortals worshipped our name but not in any of the domains we currently have. Like would we gain a domain? Would the worship go to the God that actually has the domain? Would a new God be born ?

I wonder what would happen if mortals worshipped our name but not in any of the domains we currently have. Like would we gain a domain? Would the worship go to the God that actually has the domain? Would a new God be born ?
Maybe an aspect of you would be born being still subordinate to you like D&D gods

@HellHound01 can I create a monster to guard the gate of the underworld?
Divine Guardians - 40 Points

This ability allows you to create a vast race of servants and warriors in your Private Realm (one per) who will serve you, and lend their strength in Divine Combat. While not truly intelligent, they can fake it pretty well.

Greater Divine Servant - 80 Points

This ability allows you to create an incredibly powerful Divine Servant. The Servant will hold true intelligence, and as such have free will, this allows them to oversee tasks you cannot currently do yourself.

I wonder, would a god of disbelief work? Would it possibly be viable? Or would it just not work at all?

Last edited:
I wonder, would a god of disbelieve work? Would it possibly be viable? Or would it just not work at all?
I don't think it would work since you would basically come to existence and the Fade away because your very conceptual being would rejected faith but im not the Gm

Thoughts where tumbling through my head. I tried to weave Silicrilia, but I realized that they some of the character traits might conflict with the world-building or worse enforcing a vision that was not there before.
Instead of avoidance of these topics I saw a change for character-development. And a goal beyond power for the sake of power. A story could be build around this struggle.

Our slumber has been long, peers in divinity I request of you to listen. My memories have become vague. I remember the fall of our predecessors, but I do not remember their names. I remember their fall, but the battle only the devastation above my crust. I remember hiding things within my crust, but I have no memories to their nature or their place.
I wish for us know the tale of our creation, how did we relate to those before us? I wish to recover the memories of the secrets I am supposed to keep hidden, to rebury those have been uncovered. This is all because I wish for those who appreciate my craft to not meet the demise by my failure.

@Quest I noticed how our Fovos and Silicrilia seem to be closely related and opposed in their themes.
as Fovos is a Inverted shadow-man, while Silicrilia is a normal shadow-woman.
Fovos observes and Sicrilia hides. The methods described in Fovos character sheet seems similar to what I have done in my vote.
How would you feel about it if Silicrilia were to call Fovos 'brother' or 'cousin'?
I think that these contrasts and coincidences would create a lot of depth for both characters, if they were Family.

@Quest I noticed how our Fovos and Silicrilia seem to be closely related and opposed in their themes.
as Fovos is a Inverted shadow-man, while Silicrilia is a normal shadow-woman.
Fovos observes and Sicrilia hides. The methods described in Fovos character sheet seems similar to what I have done in my vote.
How would you feel about it if Silicrilia were to call Fovos 'brother' or 'cousin'?
I think that these contrasts and coincidences would create a lot of depth for both characters, if they were Family
It sounds interesting. Go for it.

That would be super cool and with your themes Fovos the Observer and Silicrilia the mother of secrets you could be the god that looks to the future and goddess that looks to the past keepers of knowledge both past and future magical and mundane

Edit: Fovos could use his theme of the Observer to be all seing possibly when he has enough power

Last edited:
That would be super cool and with your themes Fovos the Observer and Silicrilia the mother of secrets you could be the god that looks to the future and goddess that looks to the past keepers of knowledge both past and future magical and mundane

That would be a viable way for mortals to view us. I would however like to remind myself that all of us do hold do hold a claim onto the past. And I myself would be inclined to pray to the lady of death if I were to desire to know the future, but that might just be a personal inclination.

Somewhere along the line Silicrilia stole my voice when I tried to write that, weird:eyebrow:

Then there is also the knowledge keeper.

Though going by this there is God of knowledge, Goddess of secrets, God that advises us to be cautious when searching for knowledge and Goddess that is there to remind us of consequences ...

I think we have quite a theme here.

Last edited:

Edit: Fovos could use his theme of the Observer to be all seing possibly when he has enough power
Well, Fovos would probably hate being omniscient but I can see him investing in divination and forms of information gathering. He's a lot more about the discovery of knowledge and the unearthing of secrets rather than simply knowing things.

There a lot of thematic overlap between our gods.

Spark and Fovos are both about guarding and hunting. Fovos however represents the emotions that inspires people to guard and hunt, rather than the acts themselves. He's probably associated with those acts by some but only because they are the center of the current society. It'll probably change as society becomes more advance.

Scrios and Fovos both hold the belief that mortals must face strife to thrive, but where Fovos is the god of the soldier, the victim or the human side of the equation Scrios is all about being the war, the storm or the calamity himself. I can see this duality lasting for pretty much forever.

Thana and Hella guide both the living and the dead. Fovos does too, but he's more about guidance in general and probably cares far less about individual lives than those too. They seem to really care about their children, whereas while Fovos may care about a particular individual or of society in general, he doesn't care about every individual. He's definitely no mother.

There's also the overlap between Fovos and Sapienza. Both are gods of wisdom and discovery, but Fovos is more a god of facing your fears and moving beyond them, with the discovery and wisdom being the reward for that.

Raudeath overlaps in a similar way to Fovos as Thana and Hella do. Silirica we've covered and... Lilith I think there is actually very little overlap as far as I can see. There is vaguely similar

Overall, I look forward to seeing how things develop as the game goes on. There is a lot to play off of here.

You could say Fovos is the god of Fear courage and inspiration if what you said there is true he is a god of knowledge in the sense that he inspires discovery

I'd been kinda having the same thoughts. Although mine was more thinking that Spark must have been fond of at least one of the old gods. I've been playing her as someone who tries to get everyone connected and helping each other (at least on god scale). So as long as the old gods weren't all prideful assholes before they went crazy, I'm sure she would have at least hunting buddies.

I remember little as well. I know I Hunted, but I can not remember what I did on the hunt. Or who I hunted.
I know there were gods I was fond of, but I can not remember their names or faces. They are lost to me. They are lost as their minds were lost.
Can anyone remember what triggered Calamity?

Back