A few times a year for most of her life is not 'being there', not the way Shinji would see it.
Yeah, this is Shinji Ikari. Even if he's not nearly as bad as Gendo, he's still going to blame himself like he is. He saw Gendo once a year, too, and look how that often went. Shinji has giant screaming issues about Parental Abandonment. So fleeing the life he thinks he should have lived raising his daughter, even for good reasons like having a mental breakdown at the time, is still going to make him hate himself way too much.
Not saying he doesn't have a point about not being there, but the idea that he thinks he was just like his father is a case of him being very unfair to himself. Especially considering what his father was.

Not saying he doesn't have a point about not being there, but the idea that he thinks he was just like his father is a case of him being very unfair to himself. Especially considering what his father was.
No one is more unfair to Shinji than Shinji.

Well Rebuild!Misato might be but that's a whole different set of issues.

He looked back to see Ria staring straight at him, looking at him not with pity, but understanding.

"You need to forgive yourself, Dad," she said. "You were an angry, desperate boy given power at the worst possible moment. You made a mistake, you fixed it as best you could. You don't need to die to atone for it."

Shinji's eyes went alive.

"You knew?" he whispered.

She nodded. "From the start."

I half expect to see Ria singing this song:

"Not sure I want to meet anyone who flies around on the skeleton of an angel." Ria said.

Misato or Asuka: "You are an Angel, Ria, so shut up. :p"

Last edited:
I don't know which would upset Shikinami more: That Asuka had sex with him enough to result in a child, or that she had him and let him get away.

I don't know which would upset Shikinami more: That Asuka had sex with him enough to result in a child, or that she had him and let him get away.
Except...did she really "let him get away" or let him sort himself out in hopes that he'd return? As he seems to be doing/have done? I mean maybe I'm just reading into it, but Broken Wings main story seems to be angling towards Shinji and Asuka either starting their romantic relationship anew or resuming their old one.

Well i reading a bit so i don't know Asuka and Shinji aren't married .

the more intersting if BW!Evangelion meet their Rebuild!Evangelion verse .

1. How all BW!Evangelion character reaction to Rebuild!Shinji for starting third and fourth impact ?

2. What BW!Shinji and Asuka reaction to Rei Q knowing she different compare to Rei III ?

There are three meetings that I am interesting in are:

1. Asuka Langley Sohryu meeting Asuka Shikinami Langley as the two are so different they each have their own page on evangelion.wikia
Asuka Langley Sohryu
Asuka Shikinami Langley

2. The two Ritsuko Akagi's, as the Rebuild one never dated Gendo and side with her friend Misato and we known little of her backstory at NERV.(did her mother never worked at Nerv?) Hell she maybe an actual blonde now.:lol

3.Mari meeting... EVERYONE.:rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Except...did she really "let him get away" or let him sort himself out in hopes that he'd return? As he seems to be doing/have done? I mean maybe I'm just reading into it, but Broken Wings main story seems to be angling towards Shinji and Asuka either starting their romantic relationship anew or resuming their old one.
This is true, but my point was aimed more at the impression Shikinami would have more immediately. BW!Asuka didn't exactly 'let him get away' since she was a mess too, but Shikinami could still see it that way at first impression.

This is true, but my point was aimed more at the impression Shikinami would have more immediately. BW!Asuka didn't exactly 'let him get away' since she was a mess too, but Shikinami could still see it that way at first impression.

Look like Shinji better stay away from Shinikami if he meet her againts . You know i just wonder how Ria and Okito interaction with her mother counterpart .

Leaving aside the Curse and whatever the heck is going on underneath that Eyepatch. Ria's going to hard time dealing with Shikinami mainly because she really has no idea what she is. She's an adult yet she's not, she looks just like her mom but her history and personalty are remarkably different.

As someone pointed out, in Broken Wings, Ria has known Asuka longer than Young!Asuka has been alive. That made dealing with her a lot easier than it could have been. Ria has no such history with Shikinami. Some of the details are similar, but she's still on a fundamental level a stranger with a mostly familar face.

Though her relationship with Shikinami will probably be way better than any relationship she has with Rebuild!Misato.

Last edited:
Though her relationship with Shikinami will probably be way better than any relationship she has with Rebuild!Misato.
Aye. In a worst case scenario, I could see Ria's secret coming out and rebuild-Misato demanding her extermination despite the BW cast defending her. Resulting in Ria saying something like "You want me as your enemy? Fine then."
Zurael nukes Unit-02's face.

Hell, I want to see the BW cast rip into the RB for the bomb collar.

RB!Misato: "You think I wanted to put that thing on his neck!? You didn't see what happened on our world when Unit-01 Awakened! It made Second Impact look like a firecracker, and that was WITH it being interrupted in the middle. If it happened again nothing would've been left! NO ONE would have been left! We had to MAKE SURE that even if Shinji managed to get back into Unit-01 and it started another Impact Event, that it would be stopped dead in its tracks, literally. It was the only way we could be sure of protecting what was left of our world."

Leaving aside the Curse and whatever the heck is going on underneath that Eyepatch. Ria's going to hard time dealing with Shikinami mainly because she really has no idea what she is. She's an adult yet she's not, she looks just like her mom but her history and personalty are remarkably different.

Damn , now i just wonder how Ria relationship with Rebuild!Shinji knowing he already make Third and Fourth impact ?

Last edited by a moderator:
RB!Misato: "You think I wanted to put that thing on his neck!? You didn't see what happened on our world when Unit-01 Awakened! It made Second Impact look like a firecracker, and that was WITH it being interrupted in the middle. If it happened again nothing would've been left! NO ONE would have been left! We had to MAKE SURE that even if Shinji managed to get back into Unit-01 and it started another Impact Event, that it would be stopped dead in its tracks, literally. It was the only way we could be sure of protecting what was left of our world."
Random BW cast member. "You just wanted a reason to hurt Shinji and used that as your excuse."

I wonder what the rebuild versions of Asuka and Shinji feel like to the angels in BWverse.

Aren't they both some kind of weird hybrids at that point?

Asuka at least is inhuman enough to have a permanently glowing eye and pretty significant super strength who goes all shark toothed when her Eva gets unleashed, but they both are no longer strictly human. That's gotta at least feel strange to Ria and the others.

Last edited:
Resulting in Ria saying something like "You want me as your enemy? Fine then."
Zurael nukes Unit-02's face.

The immediate aftermath:

Asuka (to herself): "Can't say those Schweine didn't deserve that, even if that was my Unit-02..."
Misato (after watching this): "Ria.... calm.... calm down.... I'll deal with these people myself. Shinji, Asuka, take Ria with you. I don't want her to see this next bit." (to RB!Misato and the Other Wunder crew) "As for you.... What should I do to you? You put an exploding collar on Shinji's neck -- and I don't care about your half-assed excuses on why you did that! You basically helped Gendo instigate his plans! Your actions, not Shinji's, doomed you! That is why Fourth Impact occurred!!! What should I do to you???!!!"

(Hope I didn't scare anyone off :p )

Last edited:
The immediate aftermath:

Asuka (to herself): "Can't say those Schweine didn't deserve that, even if that was my Unit-02..."
Misato (after watching this): "Ria.... calm.... calm down.... I'll deal with these people myself. Shinji, Asuka, take Ria with you. I don't want her to see this next bit." (to RB!Misato and the Other Wunder crew) "As for you.... What should I do to you? You put an exploding collar on Shinji's neck -- and I don't care about your half-assed excuses on why you did that! You basically helped Gendo instigate his plans! Your actions, not Shinji's, doomed you! That is why Fourth Impact occurred!!! What should I do to you???!!!"

(Hope I didn't scare anyone off :p )

Didn't the Wunder come through before Rei snatched Shinji, thus no near-Fourth Impact yet?

Back