Ascensions and Transgressions: the Tales of Keris Dulmeadokht (Exalted game)

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

So, this is a thread for Ascensions and Transgressions; my 1-on-1 Exalted game with...
Index post

Aleph

Princess of Stabbity
The sixth circle of Hell (second on weekends)
Pronouns
She/Her
So, this is a thread for Ascensions and Transgressions; my 1-on-1 Exalted game with @EarthScorpion. I've copied all the posts and replies over to this thread so as to stop cluttering up the General Exalted one with discussion. Enjoy.

Kerisgame AO3 series
Kerisgame Rules
Keris Character Sheet (spoilers if you're not up to date)
Kerisgame Discord (expires on 27/01/23)

If you're reading for the first time, The Tales of Keris Dulmeadokht is an account of her Exaltation, her first mission in Matasque and the revenge she took in Nexus prior to her move to the Anarchy of the Southwest, as well as a quick summary of her character at this starting point. Demonic Downtime shows what she got up to in the short holiday she took with Nemone Sasimana, her new boss/girlfriend, while the transfer from one Directorate to another was going through.

Subsequent to this, you can read forward into the Lady Sareh's Mistress arc, which begins on the next page of this thread.

Last edited:
As an example of how they play; Keris also has Fourth Soul Devil Domain, so her souls (all four of them besides her self and her Exaltation) have somewhere to live when she's not invoking them.

Echo is the elder; an adorable little wind-waif about the size of an eight-year old girl, formed from red wind and afterimages in the air; only clearly visible when she's moving. She's a manifestation of Adorjan's killing winds, and Keris can use Silence In Her Wake to let her out to murder people (mechanically, she can make a single attack that hits everything in range as she's dashing - represented by Echo darting around and copying her in her wake). As a result, she tends to hurt everything she touches, like sandpaper. She started out about as intelligent as a cat, but has since learned tea ceremonies (though her hands and hair destroy the cups if she holds them for too long), how to write her name (with rather bad spelling and calligraphy), and also how to play tag, though admittedly her version of tag generally ends with her jumping on the mindless Devil-Domain drone and killing it and then running off giggling soundlessly.

Rathan is rather younger, and is a Kimberian foetus the size of an ox, made out of equal parts rock and flesh and ice and pearl, who lives in the red heart-shaped moon (no, the other kind of heart - the kind you rip out of someone's chest) made of crimson ice that's in the sky of Keris's Domain. His light surrounds Keris whenever she uses Carmine Mantled Emissary to look innocent and vulnerable and impossible to think badly of. He tends to make it rain whenever he's upset, and has a very bad habit of hypnotising all of the serfs in the Domain with beautiful mandala-displays whenever he wants attention. Which is often, because he's a curious inquisitive baby who isn't as smart or independent as Echo yet.

Keris has bemoaned this on several occasions, but for some reason her rhetorical questions about what she did to deserve souls that are such brats have only been met with well-hidden amusement from her coadjutor. Very strange, that. A mystery.
Pantheon Charms?

*is interested*

Edit: Aaaand ninja'd. :p
Ask and thee shall find that thou have already received. :V
Do you have a link to the game you mentioned? I'd actually like to read through a decent game of exalted. I'm working on Waves of Winter, and it's quite interesting, but it's also currently very short.
Ehh. I'm iffy on giving people access to Kerisgame logs. Especially the early ones, before we switched over to third-person descriptions. They're a bit of a mess.

Keris has bemoaned this on several occasions, but for some reason her rhetorical questions about what she did to deserve souls that are such brats have only been met with well-hidden amusement from her coadjutor. Very strange, that. A mystery.

But Aleph! You're neglecting her other souls, and one of them might get angry if you do that.

You wouldn't like it when it gets angry. It still misses the plate.

For some reason that's giving me flashbacks to To Kindred of the Far East...
To be fair if she had taken the right flaw her po could have gone out and beat people up.
Or most likely either a Abyssal or infernal charm.
No, it just manifests inside her Devil-Domain - it is one of her souls, after all, and her Domain is essentially a sanctum nestled within or around her soul-structure, powered by her Exaltation. Her sapient mind is her hun, and in her Devil-Domain live her po, Dulmea (her Coadjutor), Echo (her Fifth Soul) and Rathan (her Sixth).

She met her po just after she looted literally everything not nailed down, plus the things that were nailed down, plus the nails from her Past Life's tomb, and it promptly stole it all and hoarded it possessively. When Keris went to get it back, she found that:

a) The po is the Id; the seat of her power, the source of her instincts and her capacity for true depth of feeling. Thus, the more possessive and angry about it taking her stuff she got, the more possessive of said stuff and angry it got.
b) Her po in particular manifests as a sixty-foot razor-feathered quetzalcoatl made out of blood-streaked silver, with green-burning eyes, wings the length of a schoolbus that can each cut through a building and very, very poisonous fangs the length of her arm.

Needless to say, Keris did not get her stuff back. And Dulmea had to rebuild quite a lot of the Domain's buildings. And Keris was grumbling for a week or so, and has been referring to it as "the bitchy snake" and similar epithets ever since.

Truly, she is the very model of a stable and harmonious soul hierarchy.

She met her po just after she looted literally everything not nailed down, plus the things that were nailed down, plus the nails from her Past Life's tomb, and it promptly stole it all and hoarded it possessively. When Keris went to get it back, she found that:

Was this the first time she looted her tomb or the second time?

Was this the first time she looted her tomb or the second time?
Second. The first time was the, ah, slightly embarrassing one where I made an Int+Lore roll to determine what all the loot was, and enhanced it with Past Life 2. While standing over my Past Life's corpse for a 3-dice stunt. And Excellency-boosted my pool as high as it would go. And then rolled one more success than my MDV.

Long story short; I woke up outside the tomb, wearing something like 19 dots of Artifact, halfway through a conversation with Arianna in Old Realm. Which I could not speak. Oh, and Yamal had just finished telling her that there was something terribly wrong with his Exaltation.

Bluffing ensued. So, so much bluffing.

On a related note; fuck you ES there was no need to laugh so hard.
Question time, would it be possible to make a charm that turns your Coadjuter into a Third Circle Demon? 'Cause I've got some ideas along those lines but I'm not good enough to write it without help.

I was thinking of of basing it off of the Devil Tiger charm that already exists in The Broken Winged Crane, but with a minimum Coadjuter rank and maybe a few prequistes based off of Earthscorpion's Coadjuter rewrite.
Titanic Heart Overweening and Titanic Soul Invincible say hi.

Though note that it still can't manifest outside you, because any Charmtech that puts your Coadjutor (a non-replaceable unique Background that is gone forever if you lose it to being permakilled) at risk of being stabbed in the face with Ghost-Eating Technique is toxic and stupid.

They would, however, let it first make its own First Circles (which you could summon, and give other people permission to summon), and then secondly generate Second Circles of its own (ditto).

No, it just manifests inside her Devil-Domain - it is one of her souls, after all, and her Domain is essentially a sanctum nestled within or around her soul-structure, powered by her Exaltation. Her sapient mind is her hun, and in her Devil-Domain live her po, Dulmea (her Coadjutor), Echo (her Fifth Soul) and Rathan (her Sixth).

a) The po is the Id; the seat of her power, the source of her instincts and her capacity for true depth of feeling. Thus, the more possessive and angry about it taking her stuff she got, the more possessive of said stuff and angry it got.
b) Her po in particular manifests as a sixty-foot razor-feathered quetzalcoatl made out of blood-streaked silver, with green-burning eyes, wings the length of a schoolbus that can each cut through a building and very, very poisonous fangs the length of her arm.

Needless to say, Keris did not get her stuff back. And Dulmea had to rebuild quite a lot of the Domain's buildings. And Keris was grumbling for a week or so, and has been referring to it as "the bitchy snake" and similar epithets ever since.

Truly, she is the very model of a stable and harmonious soul hierarchy.
has she considered a journey of self discovery in which she masters her base desires?

This is actually one of the reasons I like Devil-Tigers in concept so much, because they can grow to become... better than the first 'lot' of Primordials in so many ways... this being one of them.
Mmm. Good idea, awfully done with the high Essence prereqs and the bad Charms. Pantheon does it better.

Oh, I should point out that with the Pantheon-Anchored keyword, you can still make up your own Charms, too, as long as they're thematic trees linked to one of your souls. Keris has a "po soul" tree that she's going to get at some point, which should be fun.

Oh, I should point out that with the Pantheon-Anchored keyword, you can still make up your own Charms, too, as long as they're thematic trees linked to one of your souls. Keris has a "po soul" tree that she's going to get at some point, which should be fun.
That just sounds like so many more ways ES can use to make more amusing Keris Analogies. I wonder if you could hear him plotting after you brought it up

That just sounds like so many more ways ES can use to make more amusing Keris Analogies. I wonder if you could hear him plotting after you brought it up

I imagine it's somewhat difficult to make out over the sound of all the other plots he has to make her life entertaining.

After all, ES isn't the type to put all his eggs in one basket.

I imagine it's somewhat difficult to make out over the sound of all the other plots he has to make her life entertaining.

After all, ES isn't the type to put all his eggs in one basket.

Here's the secret.

I don't actually really need plots to get Keris to screw herself over. @Aleph makes her own life perfectly interesting without any help from me. She does things like roll too well on a Past Life roll while standing over the corpse of her past life, or murder the Minister of Ways in Nexus and so throw the entire city into anarchy which - last time she saw the place - had left mobs marching on the Bastion district and the mercenaries hired to protect it had decided to get their looting in before the mob, or leave areas of Kimbery-tainted water all over the cropland of a Scavenger Lands nation because she was trying to ruin the income of the ruling family.

I mean, I still do make her life interesting, but because she so adequately generates perfectly normal chaos, I only have to make a few masterpieces.

Like Rat.

I hate him so fucking much for Rat.

So fucking much. :p

Actually, since it may become relevant; if I turned the later Keris logs - that is, the ones from the arc we've just started onwards - into a cleaned-up version and put them in a GDoc with an intro segment that explains what happened up to that point (since the early logs are a horrible mess that neither of us would be willing to release), would anyone be interested in seeing it? It displays how a lot of the hacks we use run in actual gameplay, and also how stuff like Pantheon souls and the Coadjutor-Infernal relationship and our view of the Reclamation work.

And, of course, there are probably going to be more hilarious Kerisian shenanigans, if past experience counts for anything.

Actually, since it may become relevant; if I turned the later Keris logs - that is, the ones from the arc we've just started onwards - into a cleaned-up version and put them in a GDoc with an intro segment that explains what happened up to that point (since the early logs are a horrible mess that neither of us would be willing to release), would anyone be interested in seeing it? It displays how a lot of the hacks we use run in actual gameplay, and also how stuff like Pantheon souls and the Coadjutor-Infernal relationship and our view of the Reclamation work.

And, of course, there are probably going to be more hilarious Kerisian shenanigans, if past experience counts for anything.

So, yes. Yes, I would.

(On a side note, I am going to base a Solar Exalted villain off Fate Gilgamesh someday)

Yes! My requests have borne fruit! Even if I don't get the full game, we have a chance of seeing at least part of it!

I'm surprised you guys haven't done it already. I've been waiting for you guys to do it for what feels like years (so probably more like a year or months).

That or it somehow being converted to straight up original fiction. I keep on hearing these snippets and it sounds amazing.

Back