Absolutely Deranged Crossovers That You Wish Someone Would Write Already

Noone likes a pedant.

I'm not trying to be pendant and I stand by my statement (while I'm not a servicemember, this is actually related to what I do for a living). Writing good fiction isn't related to skill, it is related to interest. If you can form a basic English sentence, you are already equipped with all the skill for writing good English-language fiction anybody will ever have. From there it is only a question of drafting and, particularly with fanfiction, research. Any concerns about quality can be addressed through drafting, or exposing oneself to how other writers have handled a particular scene you feel needs assistance (this is where reading other's work comes in).

I'm not trying to be a jackass, I'm trying to tell people that they can write the fiction they want and not have to rely on others writing what they want to see through chance and statistical happenstance.

Good, because I don't want to dangle you off a chain around my neck.

Yeah, Auto-Correct, hooray.

The vast majority of fanfiction begs to differ.

Again, that's interest vs. actual skill, and in this specific case the author's own specific interests superseding a broader interest for a broader audience (and this isn't even necessarily invalid either, as of all things 50 Shades of Grey proves).

I think the main reason is people want to read these stories, not write them. They want to be able be surprised and excited about future plot twists. Basically they want to be the audience, not the creator. It's a different experience, and to most people, preferable.

Writing the type of fanfiction fans of the original source material would actually be interested in rather than writing what amounts to personalized sex fantasies with a specific, pre-established setting based off a popular work.
Fifty Shades of Gray is a bad example for that, then; I'm pretty sure personalized sex fantasies is exactly what fans of Twilight were interested in.

To get back on-topic, however:

Since I'll never have the time to write it as a story, I'll put the general outline of a crazy fusion of Gurren Lagann, Undertale, and Evangelion that I thought up here. Needless to say, many spoilers about all the series in here.

Fist of the North Star/JJBA/Undertale/Neo Genesis Evangelion/One Piece.

The intriguing thing about a crossover with Undertale is that it could potentially be done as a sprite comic (or more specifically as a comic in the Undertale art style). It would have some production advantages over more traditional-style comics and the visual comic medium has inherent advantages to storytelling and narrative over prose that would also help the author, if the author thinks laboring over art vs. laboring over prose is a good trade-off based on skill set.

A story set between the events of Thomas the Tank Engine and Cars, showing how humanity was driven to extinction and replaced by sentient motor vehicles.

The problem with that is the tendency to go grimdark which, to be frank, seems irresistible to many fanfic authors (especially, well, here). The Thomas the Tank Engine universe (or Whatever Island I Don't Remember Universe) and the Cars and Pixel universe in general are very bright and happy, and really you keep to keep that spirit while simultaneously introducing this humanity holocaust element. Not to mention, since both series are highly reliant on visuals for their narratives, again it might work best as a webcomic.

Mashing up the cosmologies of Michael Moorcock, Zelazny's Amber books, and the Dark Tower.

I've been told this is more or less the spirit of Dark Tower to begin with.

Loki from the MCU meets Theon Greyjoy and Jon Snow. All of the daddy issues.

These are intriguing, maybe I'll get back to you on these.

Why not make these? Eh, I'll bite. My reasons:

1. Unfinished fics: I have a fanfic that I've been staring in the face for the past year, daring me to finish it. I would feel guilty starting another and leaving this undone; many times I've experienced the disappointment of reaching the end of what's published and seeing it last updated three years ago. I don't want to subject other people to that any more than I have already.
2. Size vs writing speed: These are all potentially huge projects. My proposal of a Toon/ME crossover would be an actual epic - I'd be hard-pressed to have that come in under 1,000,000 words, when my normal output is something like 2000 words a week of chipping nuggets out of the word mine with a toffee hammer due to, well, see below.
3. Fear of fucking up: I like these characters, I like these stories and it's not so easy to get every character's voice correct. You can have a grasp of basic English and still produce unappealing characters that are clones of the author and/or mouthpieces for their political views. Sometimes both - see later Terry Goodkind or Robert Heinlein. Fanfiction fosters these in particular - look up the 'works' of Perfect Lionheart sometime.
4. Somebody else's problem: Truth is I have more ideas for fanfiction than I will ever find time to write: The abridged series of Perfect Girl Evolution; the Nana to Kaoru fic where Nana asks out Kaoru in front of the whole class and go on a date for real; an original fic where the main character is a scientist trying to investigate the chick-magnet abilities of a harem lead... This thread provides the opportunity for spitballing, throwing out these ideas in the hope that someone else will pick them up.

Marvel / JJBA

John Jonah Jameson

EDIT:
Yellow Journalism
Type: Spirit/Independant/Ability

Statistics
Destructive Power: E
Speed: E
Range: A
Precision: A
Durability: E
Potential: A

Appearance: Yellow Journalism resembles a fat, fly-like man with an insectoid body and human head who perches himself atop his user's shoulder.

Abilities
Believe the Media:
Yellow Journalism can whisper into his user's ear to tell them secrets about someone that they wouldn't want to get out, with the importance of the secret proportional to how much the user cares for them. They would learn all the darkest information of loved ones, but only useless trivia about those they loathe.

So in a Berserk Fate/whatever crossover, what would be more traumatizing for everyone: Berserker Guts, Caster Griffith, or both being servants in the same Grail war?

I want to see what would happen if you tried to cross over Moo! with... anything, really. For reference, here's the video in question.

I Just had an cool idea, I was thinking of a sort of mega Doctor who crossover with various anime shows that handle time travel. The catch is the each crossover has a different incarnation of the doctor. So for example a crossover with the Girl who lept through time has the protagonist meet the 10th Doctor while a crossover with Steins;Gate features the 11th.

Fate: Grand Order / Portal
Unfortunately unable to secure the funding needed for the protection of humanity, Chaldea was forced to outsource...

"Welcome, gentlemen, to Aperture Paranormal. Magicians, witches, crystal healing doctors: you're here because you have scary powers and we want in on it. So who is ready to draw some pentagrams? Now you already met one another on the cab ride over so let me introduce myself. I'm Cave Johnson. I'm host to a tiny but powerful demon who lives in a secret place in my mouth."

Last edited:
Fate: Grand Order / Portal
Unfortunately unable to secure the funding needed for the protection of humanity, Chaldea was forced to outsource...

"Welcome, gentlemen, to Aperture Paranormal. Magicians, witches, crystal healing doctors: you're here because you have scary powers and we want in on it. So who is ready to draw some pentagrams? Now you already met one another on the cab ride over so let me introduce myself. I'm Cave Johnson. I'm host to a tiny but powerful demon who lives in a secret place in my mouth."

...that subsists on lemons and moon dust.

Back