[X] Glimpse

With this we can start the secret plot line that lets us save Nifel once and for all. Besides I can't help but feel that leaving her mother alive will come bite us in the butt later.
Can you imagine paying 10 Arete to interact with the Shard? Sure, she could've solved the Protector issue, but it would've been problem alchemy of the highest order. She literally made this mess in the first place!

It... looks like everything Augustine's done has been to secure strength to take a swing at the Shard? In theory, Hunger offers enough potential power to render strategies such as conquest irrelevant, if the attacks on the so-called Lesser Kingdoms are the means and not the end.

Can you imagine paying 10 Arete to interact with with the Shard? Sure, she could've solved the Protector issue, but it would've been problem alchemy of the highest order.

It... looks like everything Augustine's done has been to secure strength to take a swing at the Shard? In theory, Hunger offers enough potential power to render strategies such as conquest irrelevant, if the attacks on the so-called Lesser Kingdoms are the means and not the end.
Thanks for spelling this out, I was trying to articulate this earlier but couldn't find the words. I really want to know more about the Shard, the Foremost, and any relationship they might have with Gisena and her magic. Maybe it wasn't coincidental that she ended up in the voyaging realm?

Interesting divide here between the people who remember the atrocities committed by the Lord Protector's regime and the people who want to softball her because we got .1 seconds of slightly sympathetic backstory through her own internal monologue.

Thanks for spelling this out, I was trying to articulate this earlier but couldn't find the words. I really want to know more about the Shard, the Foremost, and any relationship they might have with Gisena and her magic. Maybe it wasn't coincidental that she ended up in the voyaging realm?

Didn't we get confirmation at some point that the foremost screwed around with Findross? I kind of assume that the Manifest Realm was another realm built by them and that the resemblance Gisena has is due to her closeness to appearance to the Maiden due to being a high coalescence Sorceress, which the shard liekly also has due to Findross concentration.

Last edited:
The problem is, she's already convinced herself we're a pawn of her mother thanks to our immunity to her divination; and so thanks to the fact she can't verify our honesty thanks to that very immunity any attempts to team up will be seen as blatant tricks on our part to deceive her; especially if we get Glimpse and know her true form as Augustine and use that in the negotiation; which would be an immediate red-flag.

I don't think any amount of negotiation will actually do anything here; and the advantages that Glimpse confers in the confrontation are too diffuse when compared to Shelter's ability to solve our problem immediately and just let us Crush her. The solution is literally staring us at our faces; it's exactly what we are best suited to thanks to Once and Future. So let's just solve this as quickly as possible so we don't have to eat any more re-rolls. That would totally suck.
Hmph, a wizard exerts effort precisely when he means to! Who knows what dire spells he has patiently shepherded?
There's a difference between patience and laziness, though...

Yeah, it's been hinted at ever since we discovered that the Foremost used findross that Gisena being offered as a companion wasn't a coincidence. The Accursed works in mysterious ways, and the Arcanist's apparent resemblance to her is another piece of the puzzle. It's pretty threadbare at this point, but the Foremost could be an AU future version of the Manifest Realm, where the three races came together to form a coalition.

[X] Shelter

If we feel truly paranoid we can just kill this Astral afterwards. No being means the request is never made. Easy.

I'm skeptical whatever it will want us to do will be all that onerous by the time it's called in though.

The problem is, she's already convinced herself we're a pawn of her mother thanks to our immunity to her divination

Are you sure of that?

All at once she made the connection. The presence of a hostile Armament, the Interloper's impeccable timing, his improbable immunity to divination, the Purple Bitch's resemblance to her mother... She could scarce see the skeins, the barest outlines of the plot, but this was very possibly one of her mother's schemes.

Had the monster regained coherence enough to plot again? Was the Purple Bitch one of her avatars, steering the outcome towards her ends, breaking Augustine's grip on Nilfel so that the 'Lord Protector' could not consolidate all the Realm of Myth behind 'him'?

Despite herself, she smiled. If that were true, then her mother had finally acknowledged her as a threat. A worthy opponent.

Spin your wheels, monster. Stand against me if you dare. And if you dare not, then run and hide. It will all come to nothing in the end.

This really doesn't read as having convinced herself to me. She definitely considers it a strong possibility, and wants it to be true (because it would be parental validation of some sort?), but there's a gap between wanting something to be true and being convinced of it.

Another intriguing possibility is that she's RIGHT, and Gisena isn't who she seems. That might be worth looking into...

Yeah, it's been hinted at ever since we discovered that the Foremost used findross that Gisena being offered as a companion wasn't a coincidence. The Accursed works in mysterious ways, and the Arcanist's apparent resemblance to her is another piece of the puzzle. It's pretty threadbare at this point, but the Foremost could be an AU future version of the Manifest Realm, where the three races came together to form a coalition.

Given one of the other companion choices from our lesser remittances also involved TIme Travel, this makes a ton of sense. Contact with Seram would also explain why they might end up knowing about and revering Cursebearers too. Is there any possible way what Gamer Boy did to her could have thrown her through time? Maybe as magical backlash from heavily nullifying one of the Accursed Remittances?

Last edited:
The problem is, she's already convinced herself we're a pawn of her mother thanks to our immunity to her divination; and so thanks to the fact she can't verify our honesty thanks to that very immunity any attempts to team up will be seen as blatant tricks on our part to deceive her; especially if we get Glimpse and know her true form as Augustine and use that in the negotiation; which would be an immediate red-flag.
Hm, how can we prove to her that we aren't a pawn of her mother? It would actually be nice to be able to let down our scrying protection in this case. Seeing her perspective and her paranoia, it was probably being unscryable that aggroed her in the first place, ironically. Thanks, Accursed!

Current vote count?
Are you sure of that?

This really doesn't read as having convinced herself to me. She definitely considers it a strong possibility, and wants it to be true (because it would be parental validation of some sort?), but there's a gap between wanting something to be true and being convinced of it.

Another intriguing possibility is that she's RIGHT, and Gisena isn't who she seems. That might be worth looking into...

You have never had a Gisena interlude...

Hm, how can we prove to her that we aren't a pawn of her mother? It would actually be nice to be able to let down our scrying protection in this case. Seeing her perspective and her paranoia, it was probably being unscryable that aggroed her in the first place, ironically. Thanks, Accursed!

Well, I mean, we do have Holy Shit now and hell of a lot more mental plusses then we started out as. Maybe Hunger could manage to mind whammy her? Then again I just can't believe it'd be that easy.

You have never had a Gisena interlude...
Damn, Gisena was replaced by a banterbot in the Temple and we never noticed, how shameful.
Adhoc vote count started by Projectile on Sep 8, 2020 at 8:45 PM, finished with 64 posts and 15 votes.

I'd say my opinion of the Royalists continues to plummet but that would imply they hadn't taken out a shovel and started burrowing to bedrock, seriously, they got overthrown by a fucking eight year old, oh my god.

Honestly I'm kind of assuming that either it was mostly on her patron or that maybe Augustine is like some weird homunculus who was born with adult faculties or rapidly aged to adulthood due to shard experiments because if not what the actual fuck, how did the Mirellialns hold power for any length of time? Why is ANYONE loyal to them?

I'd say my opinion of the Royalists continues to plummet but that would imply they hadn't taken out a shovel and started burrowing to bedrock, seriously, they got overthrown by a fucking eight year old, oh my god.
The only redemption is that, since she's Adorie's half-sister, you could technically count her as part of the Royalist faction? The only way to cleanse the stain of being punked by an eight year old is by balancing it out with the inclusion of an eight year old that pulled off a coup on the strongest nation in Myth.
Honestly I'm kind of assuming that either it was mostly on her patron
noOOOOo, Claumngor isn't real, He's also one of her personas. that makes it wooorse

We're bound to the deal by Supreme Enclosure.

To break it, we'd have to destroy the Cloak of Sky, and thus lose a ton of invested picks and Arete.

Do you have Discord info or something supporting this? Nothing in the text of the deal seems to indicate we couldn't kill it, though if it's able to rattle off the request for protection before we manage we'd have to stop. Unless there's a bunch of implicit meaning as part of the contract as well though it doesn't seem to breach the deal.

This really doesn't read as having convinced herself to me.
Spin your wheels, monster. Stand against me if you dare. And if you dare not, then run and hide. It will all come to nothing in the end.

I don't know, this statement feels like she's pretty convinced it's a scheme of her mother. It's even a direct challenge to her in her head. She seems pretty set to me.
Uh, what? Seriously, what? If the Shard can fool even the goddamn Accursed there's nothing we can do to stop her and this whole thing is pointless. And even if the Accursed let it slide because he thought it was funny or something, her actions are in no away consistent with someone who would want us to go to the Realm of Myth and take down her daughter; you'd think meeting with her wouldn't cost 10 Arete, at the very least. So really, evidence for Gisena secretly being a Foremost shard is completely non-existent.
Well, I mean, we do have Holy Shit now and hell of a lot more mental plusses then we started out as. Maybe Hunger could manage to mind whammy her? Then again I just can't believe it'd be that easy.
As if a DnD wizard doesn't have Mind Blank up at all times. I'm pretty sure It wouldn't do anything.
Honestly I'm kind of assuming that either it was mostly on her patron or that maybe Augustine is like some weird homunculus who was born with adult faculties or rapidly aged to adulthood due to shard experiments because if not what the actual fuck, how did the Mirellialns hold power for any length of time? Why is ANYONE loyal to them?
Sara, you have to remember; Itachi already had the wisdom of a Hokage when he was 6 years old. That totally makes sense, so why wouldn't this make sense either?

Last edited:
The only redemption is that, since she's Adorie's half-sister, you could technically count her as part of the Royalist faction? The only way to cleanse the stain of being punked by an eight year old is by balancing it out with the inclusion of an eight year old that pulled off a coup on the strongest nation in Myth.

Nah, 8 year old Lord-Protector just said "Pwease wet me commit warcwimes and swaughter miwwions" and she was so cute that her father died and everyone decided to get on board.

The Legions are loyal, not just because she's an inspiring presence, but because Nilfel firmly believes in the doctrine of "Cuteness is Justice" and it's hard to beat a shapeshifter with powers over findross in the cuteness department.

EDIT: a fucking eight year old

Last edited:
Back