A Game of Crowns (Mafia)

Even...that's bloody lucrative and a recipe for a scumteam designed to self-destruct and fail. By your statement they have

A roleblocker...who could block scum kill...
A Redirector...who could swing the kill into scummates
A Single Killer...who could kill their own team at any moment.
???...who probably could also screw over their own teammates

Like...This is absurd. No, I refuse to believe that crap on a base design as that would just be impossible to win reasonably.

Not to mention you appearantly think nothing of Nictis's skills that if that actually the case that he would have completely ignored his teammates open signal like you keep pointing out?

Anyway no, I'm done dealing with this bullcrap paranoia and excuse to say I'm scum at every fucking turn with no fucking real reasoning. Exactly why I knew I was going to hate this role. I'll be back tomorrow and maybe this won't be so damn aggrevating.

Actually I might be wrong about you. We'll see. The opening few pages look pretty lousy with softs.

Pyrross hasn't dropped anything that looks like a soft to me yet, which is an achievement. He can be town.

@Evenstar you have any opinions on my rambling in the early morning that in a 4-man scum team scum with a DG town it can't be Pyrros and Cyricubed together? Works at 5 though, with 1k or Hobo being last scum. Though even with unaware allies 5 scum is really hard to work around with the general low power of this game.

...Wait... did Nictis think I was an ally and was trying to eliminate me for town credit?

Yeah, Ducks hardclaimed scum. Repeatedly.

Behold:

Making what a bit too obvious?

It's exactly what it looks like.

(Nictis told Ducks he was being too obvious.)

Bold of you to assume I have 'buddies'. I have no means of communicating with others outside of this thread.

Annnnnd this feels like a smoking gun.

TurtleDucks made many plays that were bad for the role and bad in general. Not scum though.

Questions are:
1: "Who can you read best?"
2: "Who can you read worst?"
3: "Guess the scumteam?"

1:Strangely Enough...Nictis. And no, I'm keeping that secret of the trade to myself. Following that 1K, because I've seen their play firsthand from every angle when they've played town so hopefully if they change from that I can pick up on it real quick and call her out. :p
2: That'd be probably QTesseract and Nani. Both play differently game to game and make it hard to read.
3: Nah, don't want to poison that well.

Sorry, I'm not your mason mate this game to help you. :p

...is this a poisoner scumclaim?

I think the scumteam is uncommonly large, maybe six+ people, but they can't win until I'm dead.
So, Cyric does bring up a serious concern.
This seems deeply unfair to scum.

Given the flavour, I suspect a larger than usual scumteam - 6 or so, perhaps. Nictis also demonstrates knowledge that a mason/neighbourizer group exists quite early, and the early kills are astonishingly accurate with regards to hitting apparent power roles: I suspect the scum might have begun with an unusual amount of information, perhaps even a full list of roles in the setup!

Hmm, I'd want to design a scum chat recruiter in a game when scum don't know who each other are, having them not be able to gain a chat at all is just too cruel.

Pre-post Edit: Full game information is really uncommon, and I'd expect to see much more vote coordination if they had a full list of roles.

Also really 6 scum? If 6 scum we have 4 left, and scum have majority, game would be over, 5 is legitimate max. 11 town vs 6 Scum isn't gonna work out with a town victory when vanillas exist beside a role-list informed scum.

12 town vs 5 scum is at least somewhat workable, as a theory as things stand.

When exactly did you gain your conversation with Nictis Evenstar?

This is clearly wrong - your name isn't on the list [of scum].

1K responds to Nictis with this before he did his Lone Wolf claim. That either makes this not a soft or means 1K knew Nictis was scum before he claimed.

1K is also the one to say "is this a cult game?" early, which this game could certainly bear some resemblance to for scum. (They would need to find a way to organize secretly and "recruit" more members without contacting the wrong people.)

Their later idea of "duelling neighbourhoods" is also questionable given that they've claimed vanilla. I don't see how someone gets to "expanding masonry" from "a neighbourhood exists and has two people in it" without
Hmm, I'd want to design a scum chat recruiter in a game when scum don't know who each other are, having them not be able to gain a chat at all is just too cruel.

Pre-post Edit: Full game information is really uncommon, and I'd expect to see much more vote coordination if they had a full list of roles.

Also really 6 scum? If 6 scum we have 4 left, and scum have majority, game would be over, 5 is legitimate max. 11 town vs 6 Scum isn't gonna work out with a town victory when vanillas exist beside a role-list informed scum.

I have never gained a conversation with Nictis, nor was he ever in a quicktopic with me. He faked the entire damn thing to try to get me to actually recruit him.

oh bloody heck

without extra information, sorry Comi, I appear to have left my ramblings in your answer

Scum conversation recruiter seems very plausible and I nominate 1K for the position.

If the uncoordinated scum theory is right, wouldn't that make "PyrrosWarrior was the scumvig" the simplest explanation them visiting Nictis before Nictis died? There is no need to invoke a nexus or redirector.

So then wouldn't it make more sense that Nictis wasn't the current scum vig? And managed to get ganked my whoever is?

That would point to a pretty clueless current scumvig, IMO. That or somebody got wined to hell by Nictis' VIP claim.

... actually possible, on contemplation. In that case, assuming DG Not Scum, the current scumvig is Pyrros.

I think it's incredibly unlikely though because of how Nictis, y'know, claimed Vigilante in his lone wolf post.

I have never gained a conversation with Nictis, nor was he ever in a quicktopic with me. He faked the entire damn thing to try to get me to actually recruit him.

... Honestly... this upsets me... that whole thing is really why I stopped going after Nictis. I don't get why you let it stand as a falsehood.

If the uncoordinated scum theory is right, wouldn't that make "PyrrosWarrior was the scumvig" the simplest explanation them visiting Nictis before Nictis died? There is no need to invoke a nexus or redirector.

Yes it would likely place Pyrros as scum being caught by DG.

Scum conversation recruiter seems very plausible and I nominate 1K for the position.

I'd think Cyric was the recruiter in this set-up with 1k/Hobo being the roleblocker because we have DG claiming Pyrros visited Nictis.

Cyric recruiting Nictis night 1. LTTL or Pyrros being the initial scum killer, 1k/hobo being the RBer.

LTTL could be in theory the scum recruiter and thus scum never really organized properly.

... Honestly... this upsets me... that whole thing is really why I stopped going after Nictis. I don't get why you let it stand as a falsehood.

I'd think Cyric was the recruiter in this set-up with 1k/Hobo being the roleblocker because we have DG claiming Pyrros visited Nictis.

Cyric recruiting Nictis night 1. LTTL or Pyrros being the initial scum killer, 1k/hobo being the RBer.

LTTL could be in theory the scum recruiter and thus scum never really organized properly.

Actually I just looked at Cyri's day 1 again and he goes in pretty hard against TurtleDucks. Could be distancing, Cyri is slippery like that, but I'm looking elsewhere for the instant.

And yeah, in retrospect I should have counterclaimed Nictis, but I wasn't sure if my own Masons were really willing to vote against him. He looked pretty Town despite all his chicanery: his gambit nearly succeeded, and probably would've if he hadn't had the terrible luck of randing me as the mason recruiter.

I've deleted the rant I was previously typing up, but jesus christ this theory makes no sense, especially in a non-bastard game. I was gonna do a full paraphrase of my role pm, but I'm gonna do that layer after I've cooled off and you all hopefully realize this theory makes no sense.

I think Nictis trueclaimed Scumvig. He trueclaimed Lone Wolf: I don't see why he'd lie to his own teammates in a coded message like that.

Recruiter LTTL or Cyri. I do feel that we have a scum transporter in the setup because SV is addicted to them and it solves the DG problem very neatly. LTTL targets Nictis N1 and is bounced by Cyri?

... man, giving the scum a deflector in this separated-team situation would be trolly as fuck. But the nexus claim is also staggeringly trolly.

- Oh hell, I see what Cyri is/was doing.

Okay, yes, raven is not on the dinner table today.

[X] Null

Gonna think and read more before I move.

From the OP, it sounded like the people of Merovin would fill the traditional role of the outnumbered mafia. I at least was assuming this was the case, and that either we were in a very strange game where nobody got private chats, or that we wouldn't be allowed to chat until nightfall.

Presumably QTessaract got told he was one of the people of Merovin, initially assumed that meant he was scum, and then got outside information? that indicated Merovin was actually town.

Damn it, I think my only ever recruit may have been the scum RB.

If the game is neighborhood based, then the Merovin faction and the invaders faction would each start with 2 people, and then each would auto-grow by vote. Bringing into the fold people they believe they can trust.

So each faction may have an investigator type role to help with that.

Invaders would also have an additional vote to night kill someone, because this is still mafia and thus they must be aiming for the king or whatever important PRs the townies have

Est seems insightful. This could be accurate. Rolecop-Roleblocker vs Tracker
Doctor vs Deflector
Recruiter vs Recruiter
Bulletproof vs ???

interesting.

Back