A Game of Crowns (Mafia)

You being paranoid about IH in public also fucked up Meso claim, since he claimed to be able to check mason members for being scum, initially. Though it looks like both of you forgot that completely within an hour of it being said.
Yep. The fact that Evenstar kept having so many incongruities with their claims and took so many actions that were outright antithetical towards their claim kept messing with my read on them and those directly associated with them as to whether or not they were scum taking refuge in audacity, or legitimately Town.

With Even's power Cyri's claimed power is Bastard, so it was near-certainly Cyri. Even even said as much, then questioned herself.
Nexus is weird, but is that really the part that was the worst? I'm a two man group with a single shot that has to kill a specific player that will always have guards, they can recruit a bulletproof Town, and then they can stop recruiting. If Evenstar recruited Turtle Night One and just decided to never recruit again.... My team loses. Period.

Plus the Scum Roleblocker that can and did directly screw us over as well, which I mainly mention because there wasn't much use it had other than in blocking the recruiter.

Also, @Evenstar, can I ask how long it took you to realize that I knew who you were?

Wait, no, that's a bluff designed to buy time. He would have attempted to...what would I even call it? A Bodyguard cultist? Anyway he would have attempted to use it on Comi at some point. He wants us to believe that we need to eliminate other townies before him to reduce BG numbers, but in all honestly that doesn't make sense balance wise as that would essentially make him a near unkillable VIP.
*chuckles*

Yeah, we felt bad for you after you flipped, nictis. We screwed you over pretty hard. I'm also entirely unsure how you were supposed to win. Even in our case, if you hadn't vontrolled the lynch for so long, we would've had no chance. It was really lucky thaf we ended up winnjng, I think.

Yeah, we felt bad for you after you flipped, nictis. We screwed you over pretty hard. I'm also entirely unsure how you were supposed to win. Even in our case, if you hadn't vontrolled the lynch for so long, we would've had no chance. It was really lucky thaf we ended up winnjng, I think.
The main opportunity they had was that Lost mentioned in deadchat that if both LttL and Nictis had attacked Evenstar N1, they would have won due to there only being one bodyguard.

Also @PyrrosWarrior I think you did well this game. @BanTheFairyKing you weren't bad either. A lot of lynches this game weren't very good, mostly because Nictis was controlling the vote for so long. Don't feel bad if you died to scum making a gambit like that. Overall this game was pretty stressful and confusing for everybody involved, it seems. Lots of gambits one after the other, scum controlling the vote, and some mistakes from around the table. I know I was buying into a lot of stuff I shouldn't have, and I was scum. I think there's a little too much negativity going around right now, and I just want to say that I don't think anyone should be sweating it or rhinking they were bad. This was a weird game, and a lot of PRs were taken out right away.

The main opportunity they had was that Lost mentioned in deadchat that if both LttL and Nictis had attacked Evenstar N1, they would have won due to there only being one bodyguard.
This is bad in another way, though. First, the VIP'd have to big-time reveal themselves. Which they did, admittedly. Then, you'd have to remember that this is betting both their kills on one night. If they're wrong about this, they lose. Meanwhile, they don't know what, exactly, the protection is other than "We need to get close before we strike", so shooting blind, even if you know for sure it's the VIP, is generally discouraged.

Lastly, if they don't go through that path... they just have the entire game to mill around, unable to really do anything.

Yeah, I have no idea how the bloodletter brotherhood was supposed to win, the game was basically rigged against them with the only possible victory being if Even fucked up and recruited one of them. Which was probably never going to happen because Even knows to never trust Nictis.

And scum got really lucky and eliminated all of Town's power roles except for Even in short order. I've been thinkin Town was screwed from the moment Absum flipped doctor. Nictis dying and flipping scum was quite the surprise, really.

But yeah, I think the balance of this game was a little off - the brotherhood win condition probably needed to be loosened or given some more assistance, because Even rolling Prince effectively ruined their chances. And in exchange town should probably get one more PR of some kind, so they can't be effectively neutered by the end of day 2 without the brotherhood doing anything.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have no idea how the bloodletter brotherhood was supposed to win, the game was basically rigged against them with the only possible victory being if Even fucked up and recruited one of them. Which was probably never going to happen because Even knows to never trust Nictis.

And scum got really lucky and eliminated all of Town's power roles except for Even in short order. I've been thinkin Town was screwed from the moment Absum flipped doctor. Nictis dying and flipping scum was quite the surprise, really.

But yeah, I think the balance of this game was a little off - the brotherhood win condition probably needed to be loosened or given some more assistance, because Even rolling Prince effectively ruined their chances. And in exchange town should probably get one more PR of some kind, so they can't be effectively neutered by the end of day 2 without the brotherhood doing anything.

The brotherhood was unlikely to win however honestly the scum would've had nearly 0 chance if we didn't have the modkill.

They had a Godfather already serving as a counter.
That's 1/5. 20% chance of a false positive when hitting scum, 0% when hitting town.
While I may not be *fully* able to trust an innocent result given GFs are near-constant in these games, hitting a townie would be a significant trust jump for them, and would certainly put them rather higher than they ordinarily would be. That's useful, even if the 1/4 chance of hitting someone and going "Oh that scum" wasn't. Roleblocker is useful there.
Nah, we were told who our target was, both in fluff and player name.
Yikes. So yeah, the only thing keeping you back is the "Okay, but why would we throw out both our kills on a target whose protections we're unsure of?"
Which is, you know. Definitely enough of a reason.

That's 1/5. 20% chance of a false positive when hitting scum, 0% when hitting town.
While I may not be *fully* able to trust an innocent result given GFs are near-constant in these games, hitting a townie would be a significant trust jump for them, and would certainly put them rather higher than they ordinarily would be. That's useful, even if the 1/4 chance of hitting someone and going "Oh that scum" wasn't. Roleblocker is useful there.

Yikes. So yeah, the only thing keeping you back is the "Okay, but why would we throw out both our kills on a target whose protections we're unsure of?"
Which is, you know. Definitely enough of a reason.

While a transporter would be totally unbalanced when town requires recruitment so much, the assassins didn't know that. That alone would stop a double kill, and from their perspective who knew what else Eva had to protect her.

I'm also really glad I didn't false claim transporter like I thought about doing. Scum wasting a kill on me when they'd been expertly targeting power roles would have been nice, but I was already an easy lynch target without the in-the-know town faction being set against me too.

While a transporter would be totally unbalanced when town requires recruitment so much, the assassins didn't know that. That alone would stop a double kill, and from their perspective who knew what else Eva had to protect her.

I'm also really glad I didn't false claim transporter like I thought about doing. Scum wasting a kill on me when they'd been expertly targeting power roles would have been nice, but I was already an easy lynch target without the in-the-know town faction being set against me too.
That was 100% luck lol, we had no clue. We were just taking down good players or big town voices while avoiding the biggest ones, like Even or Nictis. Turns out that the ones we killed were exactly the people we needed to. We got very lucky this game.

That was 100% luck lol, we had no clue. We were just taking down good players or big town voices while avoiding the biggest ones, like Even or Nictis. Turns out that the ones we killed were exactly the people we needed to. We got very lucky this game.
Yeah, the random distribution of powers this game made some hilarious outcomes. Gave the big names power roles, gave Even, one of the few people properly paranoid about Nictis, the recruiter role, and gave Nictis the assassin role that required getting Even's trust... Finally gave you scum.

I feel like the usual nightmare scenario for scum in practice is 'all the town are either high skill or power roles, and anything like bulletproof goes to high skill', which this was... kinda the opposite of. The good town players mostly overlapped with power roles, and then wound up unprotected in most cases.

Needed to listen to my instincts more. Should've just shut down Nictis hard D1 and
Nexus is weird, but is that really the part that was the worst? I'm a two man group with a single shot that has to kill a specific player that will always have guards, they can recruit a bulletproof Town, and then they can stop recruiting. If Evenstar recruited Turtle Night One and just decided to never recruit again.... My team loses. Period.

Plus the Scum Roleblocker that can and did directly screw us over as well, which I mainly mention because there wasn't much use it had other than in blocking the recruiter.

Also, @Evenstar, can I ask how long it took you to realize that I knew who you were?

Knew that D1, forgot later. ^^;

Back