[X] If he leaves, it's a victory - it means the city survives. Focus on helping people for now; there will be other opportunities to fight him.

as much as we may want to kill him remenber the hydra effect : 3 will rise to take his place

[X] Leviathan thinks it's safe in the ocean. That's because he's never fought an angry god. Use your secondary power pool to turn insubstantial, then follow him at hypersonic speed, unhindered by water.

The Avatar is badass.

Great update!

I especially liked how you really let us see that we are an avatar of true heroism, not ready to compromise and let people die.

So, the options:

[ ] Hit Leviathan with your absolute most powerful blast. Sacrifice accuracy for power, and hope you can compensate through luck manipulation.

Might be worth a shot. Can fail, though.

[ ] Your telekinesis isn't great at catching moving foes, but it's worth a shot. If you manage to throw him in the air for just a few seconds, that might give you the opening you need to win this.

Further juggling. He will expect this.

[ ] Leviathan thinks it's safe in the ocean. That's because he's never fought an angry god. Use your secondary power pool to turn insubstantial, then follow him at hypersonic speed, unhindered by water.

While tempting, I fear Simurgh might be on her way to help.

[ ] If he leaves, it's a victory - it means the city survives. Focus on helping people for now; there will be other opportunities to fight him.

Yeah, no.

Tentatively:
[X] Hit Leviathan with your absolute most powerful blast. Sacrifice accuracy for power, and hope you can compensate through luck manipulation.

I honestly don't know what to vote for. Destroying Leviathan risks replacing him with something worse so I'm not sure how much of a priority that is. I'm also curious about the benefits of following him.

I honestly don't know what to vote for. Destroying Leviathan risks replacing him with something worse so I'm not sure how much of a priority that is. I'm also curious about the benefits of following him.
I honestly know shit about worm, but how does killing him replace it with something worse?

Also
Another boy (seriously, how many children are thrown in harm's way around here?) arrives - a flyer, from the looks of it. He exchanges quick words with the shadow girl, before picking the two unconscious boys and flying off with them; she returns to her shadow form. For yourself, you give the bug-costumed girl a smile that lets her know you're proud of the courage she has just displayed. "You did good today, young lady. You did good," you say, not slowing for one moment as you seal the shelter's entrance with pure omni-metal (that'd actually make it hard to get out, but the shelter has more than one door).
That was nice of us to do.

The benefits of following him is (hopefully) having as much time as it takes to blast him good.
All your choices are gambles at this stage, but the worst-case scenario now involves casualties that barely enter into two digits, and less than a tenth of the property damage of the "best" Endbringer battles so far... in the short run, that is.

...I'd suggest not basing your vote on the hydra thing. Not just because it's meta-gaming, but because you'll have to kill an Endbringer eventually.

I honestly know shit about worm, but how does killing him replace it with something worse?
In Worm, the first time an Endbringer was killed, it caused them to take the sandbagging down a notch, as well as accelerate the pace at which new Endbringers appeared.

Also
That was nice of us to do.
She played a central role in saving thousands, fighting onward despite injury and danger.
He's the god of heroism.
He honestly appreciated that a lot. ;)

In that case...

[ ] Hit Leviathan with your absolute most powerful blast. Sacrifice accuracy for power, and hope you can compensate through luck manipulation.

Looks good. Catch him while he's still moving on the ground using our trump card to make this one count. I like it.

[ ] Your telekinesis isn't great at catching moving foes, but it's worth a shot. If you manage to throw him in the air for just a few seconds, that might give you the opening you need to win this.

More of the same. Leviathan is ready to face this tactic now. No.

[ ] Leviathan thinks it's safe in the ocean. That's because he's never fought an angry god. Use your secondary power pool to turn insubstantial, then follow him at hypersonic speed, unhindered by water.

The benefit here is "having as much time as it takes to blast him good" which is nice. Compares to the first option. Instead of taking our shot when it's still aboveground, we take our time to line it up as best as possible.

[ ] If he leaves, it's a victory - it means the city survives. Focus on helping people for now; there will be other opportunities to fight him.

With Panacea back on her feet, I don't think that's necessary. We can use this chance to put him down. Let's try to take it.

For now I'm going with
[x] Leviathan thinks it's safe in the ocean. That's because he's never fought an angry god. Use your secondary power pool to turn insubstantial, then follow him at hypersonic speed, unhindered by water.
in great part because it is cool as hell.

Also, I'd normally get right on finishing my own update in response to this one, but it's way past midnight here, and I have a train to catch in about 7 hours. So I'll do that later.

So tell me, Sun Tzu, which one do you want me to do? Conquest training montage, Tale of Two Worlds with the protagonist starting to get a feeling for how bad the situation is, or Eleonor!Illyria's rampage across the academy and her fight against Colbert of the flame snake? I've done the prep-work on all of these, so I can post any of them tomorrow. You get to choose which one.

For now I'm going with
[x] Leviathan thinks it's safe in the ocean. That's because he's never fought an angry god. Use your secondary power pool to turn insubstantial, then follow him at hypersonic speed, unhindered by water.
in great part because it is cool as hell.
It kind of is, isn't it? :cool:

Also, I'd normally get right on finishing my own update in response to this one, but it's way past midnight here, and I have a train to catch in about 7 hours. So I'll do that later.
Oh dear.
As someone who's had to do a lot of traveling lately... do take care, Sojiko. The bed calls!

So tell me, Sun Tzu, which one do you want me to do? Conquest training montage, Tale of Two Worlds with the protagonist starting to get a feeling for how bad the situation is, or Eleonor!Illyria's rampage across the academy and her fight against Colbert of the flame snake? I've done the prep-work on all of these, so I can post any of them tomorrow. You get to choose which one.
I'm not really following the third (haven't watched Angel yet, and not interested in Familiar of Zero). But... you know how much I love Conquest Quest. :D

Your Avatar matches what your saying so perfectly.:lol

We said it ends today right?

[X] Leviathan thinks it's safe in the ocean. That's because he's never fought an angry god. Use your secondary power pool to turn insubstantial, then follow him at hypersonic speed, unhindered by water.

[x] If he leaves, it's a victory - it means the city survives. Focus on helping people for now; there will be other opportunities to fight him.

Is the Avatar's hypersonic speed able to keep up with Leviathan's hypersonic speed?

Because the ocean in no way hinders Leviathan.

For yourself, you give the bug-costumed girl a smile that lets her know you're proud of the courage she has just displayed. "You did good today, young lady. You did good,"
Man, think about this from Taylor's perspective. Basically, the second coming of Scion (which some people on Earth-Bet worship as God) just took a precious second of his time - time which he is generally using to save everyone's asses including hers - to tell her, specifically, that she did good.

Taylor had previously been wallowing in a whole bunch of self doubt because of her recent split-up with the Undersiders. I think somebody's going to be feeling a bit better about herself.

Butterflies be flappin' their wings, yo.

I agree with Sojiko. Other options notwithstanding, this is going to be cool as hell and thus must happen.

Last edited:
[X] Hit Leviathan with your absolute most powerful blast. Sacrifice accuracy for power, and hope you can compensate through luck manipulation.

Other options give him time to regenerate, making the entire exchange pointless.​

Is the Avatar's hypersonic speed able to keep up with Leviathan's hypersonic speed?

Because the ocean in no way hinders Leviathan.
Well, you don't really know Leviathan's top speed.
What you do know: Your speed in Earth's atmosphere can go to mach 15. You can go significantly faster for a few seconds if needed.
Mach 15 is close to three miles per second.
The Avatar's "I'm coming right the fuck NOW" speed is fast.

Man, think about this from Taylor's perspective. Basically, the second coming of Scion (which some people on Earth-Bet worship as God) just took a precious second of his time - time which he is generally using to save everyone's asses including hers - to tell her, specifically, that she did good.

Taylor had previously been wallowing in a whole bunch of self doubt because of her recent split-up with the Undersiders. I think somebody's going to be feeling a bit better about herself.

Butterflies be flappin' their wings, yo.
Taylor, a week and a half ago: "I can't do it! I can't betray my only friends in the world, even if they're villains! Heck, I'll bet us villains can accomplish more good than the so-called heroes anyway!"
Taylor, less than a day ago: "Holy crap, villains are actually evil, we fucked up beyond all description, and my villain friends are a bunch of selfish assholes who don't even care how badly we fucked up!"
Taylor, less than an hour ago: "HOLY FUCK ENDBRINGER!"
Taylor, less than a minute ago: "Wait, what?"

Other options give him time to regenerate, making the entire exchange pointless.​

Endbringers have regeneration, but we're not talking Wolverine-fast regeneration.

Last edited:

[x] Your telekinesis isn't great at catching moving foes, but it's worth a shot. If you manage to throw him in the air for just a few seconds, that might give you the opening you need to win this.

@sun tzu, even if we turn insubstantial, we can still use powers normally right? -without loss of power or anything else that might hamper us in killing Leviathan-

And what's our max speed if we push it?

@sun tzu, even if we turn insubstantial, we can still use powers normally right? -without loss of power or anything else that might hamper us in killing Leviathan-

And what's our max speed if we push it?
Max speed is mach 30.
You can't blast while incorporeal (even the Avatar isn't that cheaty) - the incorporeal bit is there so you can reach Leviathan no matter where he runs. You then pop out of incorporalness and blast.

Exactly what would our most powerful blast do to the surrounding area?
For an attack whose energy output is best compared to nuclear weaponry, the Avatar's blasts are surprisingly well-contained. That's very much intentional in his design. You're not going to make mushroom clouds unless you intend to.
(Hitting someone you didn't intend is possible. The Avatar having nearly a century's worth of experience helps avoid that sort of thing, though. :p)

Back