I don't think I could ever do a Quest, but I do think about starting some kind of World Building thread. I think I would start with how Gotham and its Heroes and Villains in Parahuman / Worm / Earth Bet would look like. Just an in-depth discussion of what Shard-powers people could have, what is obvious, what could have a twist put into it, what changes would need to be done to a character to make them interesting in Worm.

Yeah, giving Bats a Worm power, assuming you want to, is hard. I recall on Reddit seeing my favorite take. Basically, he has Path to Victory...But RETROACTIVE. As in, his power tells him exactly how to achieve whatever goal he wants...But only after he's ALREADY conclusively failed to do it. So, if he fails to catch the Joker, his power will give him info on what he COULD have done to catch him, that kinda thing. Obviously useful for detective stuff, fights...but, most notably, it's VERY useful for training, as, whenever he starts training, his power will start telling him what he's doing wrong and how to do better, which he can then apply and so on.

Last edited:
Ooh... I'd love to discuss minor characters like Condiment King (favorite take would be a viscous fluid tinker), Calendar Man(Trump where his powers change depending on what day of the Year it is.(either that or he gains a bit of charge each day and can spend that charge on temporary abilities more charge the better the ability)) And so many more.

Last edited:
Don't forget Polka-Dot Man and that lady with a hole in the middle of her forehead.
How would the League of Assassins work, you think ?

Don't forget Polka-Dot Man and that lady with a hole in the middle of her forehead.
How would the League of Assassins work, you think ?
Polka-Dot man could be a case 53 that can throw out polka dot grenades likely different colors representing different abilities(cryo, pyro, flashbang...), if you want to be fancy about it.

Don't know the name of that lady so can't tell her possible powers.

League of Assassins. Ra's al Ghoul could be a teacher/Butcher analogue, or perhaps a zero analogue where instead of giving random abilities to people would give a thinker/brute/stranger ability making them great assassins, so long as he is empowering someone he can take over their body if he dies. Other notable characters in the League of Assassin's would have others abilities of course.

Last edited:
Tzeentch nuff said.

The reason why Warhammer 40k is a scary universe is because humanity does all of that crap, have a literal God on their side, and there are too many things going bump in the night for them to even have a shot at winning, instead they're in decline.

Star Trek's federation would have... some chance at survival in Wh40k, but even they'd have to do things they find unconscionable to survive for the long term, and they're definitely not winning.
You going "aha but Tzeentch!" and "There's too many things that go bump in the night in the 40k universe" makes me believe that you're not very familiar with the sheer amount of Negative Space Wedgies and reality warping multi dimensional gods that do exist and have been encountered in Star Trek

I'm not super familiar with all the stuff that whichever ship from whichever series constantly runs into, partly because there's so damn much of it
But I'm pretty sure "The 40k universe is really hostile and dangerous" is not the ace in the hole you may think it is

Last edited:
You going "aha but Tzeentch!" and "There's too many things that go bump in the night in the 40k universe" makes me believe that you're not very familiar with the sheer amount of Negative Space Wedgies and reality warping multi dimensional gods that do exist and have been encountered in Star Trek

I'm not super familiar with all the stuff that whichever ship from whichever series constantly runs into, partly because there's so damn much of it
But I'm pretty sure "The 40k universe is really hostile and dangerous" is not the ace in the hole you may think it is
The Most powerful Gods in Star Trek are the Q collective, yes they're practically omnipotent but aren't unreasonable(say the Court Scene for instance), the closest alternatives in Wh40k very much are unreasonable. The very fabric of reality in wh40k leans towards grimdark and it would impact the success rate of the Star Trek Fleet, you seem to think that just because they were successful in one universe they would be successful in another. I disagree with that notion. There are too many things that go bump in the night (quite literally they outnumber star trek and its people by a lot humans from wh40k outnumber star trek 1000 to 1.) and the very fabric of reality is something that is hostile to people. The very fact of the matter is, you can only really argue based on a temporary tech advantage they'll be able to force people back i don't believe it.

Last edited:
It really did escalate didnt it.

Course correction then.

SunTzu I think I remember hearing a while ago that you hadn't read Ward. True or not?

Not that I read all of Ward really, I got to the point where a certain character with personal boundary issues was telling how they triggered, and let's just say I picked up on enough of the foreshadowing to piece together how that story was going to end, and didnt have it in me at the time to hear the full details. I'll need to finish it, just not sure when.

Speaking of 40k, I admit I am curious how the Avatar would go about making the galaxy less of a craphole based on the snippet from a while ago.

The t'au are the lighest shade of gray there (at least pre retcons because GW can't let them remain that way) but they're also the smallest but they'd appreciate the help.

The Eldar too scattered and arrogant, the Imperium to enormous and too inefficient in infrastructure and communications and too eager to stomp down anything different or unnatural like say the Avatar.

Speaking of 40k, I admit I am curious how the Avatar would go about making the galaxy less of a craphole based on the snippet from a while ago.

The t'au are the lighest shade of gray there (at least pre retcons because GW can't let them remain that way) but they're also the smallest but they'd appreciate the help.

The Eldar too scattered and arrogant, the Imperium to enormous and too inefficient in infrastructure and communications and too eager to stomp down anything different or unnatural like say the Avatar.
Hm. Well, there's a number of things the Avatar can do that keep him relevant in the WH40K universe:
-He's tough enough to survive a nuke to the face and his energy blasts are equally powerful, so, not a lot of things that can beat him one-on-one.
-He's able to move very, very quickly across planetary distances.
-He can create massive amounts of non-psychic materials - so, no duplicating wraithbone, but he could probably produce a cubic kilometer of adamantine in something like a month.
-Complete incorruptibility, so, no risk of Chaos taint.
-A variety of powers that includes mind-reading and cosmic senses.
-Possibly the best diplomatic skills in current WH40K.

So, what can he do with that? Maybe join the Tau, try to guide them toward a more benevolent path while helping them capture and reverse-engineer superior technology (human archeotech and Necron gizmos). Maybe offer some of the more reasonable Asuryani his services as a spearhead, in exchange for certain concessions where they help out in a number of contexts. Maybe he uses his powers to impersonate an avatar of the Emperor and begin the slow process of unfucking the Imperium. Maybe he uses his powers to impersonate an Ork warboss, takes over a waaagh, then takes over more and more waaaghs, until he has an army massive enough to stomp on Tyranid hive-fleets, Chaos presence in the Materium, and Imperium fleets on their way to commit xenocide/crush local rebellions.

Every approach would be full of challenges and take a long, long time, obviously.

Btw @sun tzu how do the Lock Boxes prevent the capes there from going stir crazy from solitary confinement?

I never got how it's supposed to be a more humane version of the Birdcage when it's subjecting every captive to solitary confinement

Btw @sun tzu how do the Lock Boxes prevent the capes there from going stir crazy from solitary confinement?

I never got how it's supposed to be a more humane version of the Birdcage when it's subjecting every captive to solitary confinement
The majority of Lockboxes actually contain two or three prisoners, and many of them are connected to each other via radio. (I say a majority, not all, because you don't want to give someone like Shape-Stealer roommates; they'd die.)

We'll chime in and say the map seems to work correctly for us. We're on desktop Firefox, if that makes any difference.

Back