A Certain Gravitational Villain (A Certain Magical Index Quest)

Side Effects include: Compulsively including self destruct buttons on the machine, animals fighting you whenever you try using the machine, and having a impossibly tragic backstory.

Yay! I'll responsibly near lightspeed while infinitely increasing my mass Flash style.

[x] Acceleration
Just so you know that power is bullshit tier and slams you into the missing #6 level five spot.

You want to vote for it? We could reach SUFFICIENT VELOCITY!
Mm, so long as we're #6 Level 5 then I'm down; I just chose EX-Ranked Presence Concealment (providing Memory Erasure) because it would ironically fit the little he does in plot.

[X] Level 5 (#6 Aihana Etsu, a wonderful blank slate to work with)
-[X] Acceleration

So his vote technically qualifies as:

[ ] Level 5 (#6 Aihana Etsu, a wonderful blank slate to work with)
-[ ] Acceleration
Well actually I'd like his vote to be this...

-[] -Write in - Esper - Personal acceleration. Bullshit tier.

... but whatever, I'm smart enough to know what he means. Also most bullshit tier powers will put you in the missing #6 spot. The only reason I say bullshit tier and not level 5 is because some, like the electrokenisis I put up, aren't immediately destructive. I feel that Academy City would only classify weaponize-able powers as level 5 because of the corruption.

Well actually I'd like his vote to be this...

-[] -Write in - Esper - Personal acceleration. Bullshit tier.

... but whatever, I'm smart enough to know what he means. Also most bullshit tier powers will put you in the missing #6 spot. The only reason I say bullshit tier and not level 5 is because some, like the electrokenisis I put up, aren't immediately destructive. I feel that Academy City would only classify weaponize-able powers as level 5 because of the corruption.
The ordering of the level 5s is by their understanding of who's closest to reaching level 6; they all have the power to be very destructive, but so do most 3s and 4s

The ordering of the level 5s is by their understanding of who's closest to reaching level 6; they all have the power to be very destructive, but so do most 3s and 4s
Welp, whatever. Of the options I provided the gravity manipulation is a level 5 but the electrokinetic isn't thanks to keeping the full extent of his powers a secret. Of course the problem with super acceleration is that I would need to come up with a codename and Accelerator is all ready taken.

Welp, whatever. Of the options I provided the gravity manipulation is a level 5 but the electrokinetic isn't thanks to keeping the full extent of his powers a secret. Of course the problem with super acceleration is that I would need to come up with a codename and Accelerator is all ready taken.
The nice thing is that #6 is so damn secretive that his title is actually Number 6 for the most part

You know, I always wondered why his codename was Accelerator. It doesn't really fit in with his powers.

Might as well make #6 somebody who's very presence is a serious threat. Like, I don't know. Something to do with breaking things down? Manipulates the strong and weak nuclear forces that keeps atoms together, making him a total beast in combat since he can literally disintegrate you with a glance at the simplest level. That would be my choice for #6 anyways.

Might as well make #6 somebody who's very presence is a serious threat. Like, I don't know. Something to do with breaking things down? Manipulates the strong and weak nuclear forces that keeps atoms together, making him a total beast in combat since he can literally disintegrate you with a glance at the simplest level. That would be my choice for #6 anyways.
Isn't there some limit to how BS you can be until your too much? Cause I think this crosses the line.

Well, vote for it if it's what you wish—reallly, I'd almost say character identity is a significant vote to have, and then based on that we see what's appropriate:

Ex between #6, regular Esper, Kihara, Regular Scientist, Android/Cyborg, Nanomachine user, etc., and then figure out powers/tech specs/etc.

[X] Level 5 (#6 Aihana Etsu, a wonderful blank slate to work with)
-[X] Acceleration

We keep moving in a circle about an inch wide for an hour or so and then punch somebody across the planet so hard they themselves reach the speed of light. Or we just hold onto a rock and let that hit them instead so we don't break our arms.

I'm sad that nobody's realized that a cloud of Nanomachines gets mono-molecular blades as one of the prerequisites for it even being able to exist in the first place. I mean, we're the perfect shapeshifter, who's also a robot with all of the perfect memory and processing powers that entails, who's just as good as a Kihara in the science department as far as book knowledge goes because we've literally memorized the book.

We wouldn't have to deal with leverage in Kung-fu fights (Heck, we'd just swarm somebody in kung fu fights because only Accelerator would even be able to block all of our body at the same time), we wouldn't have to do squishy people stuff, we could slither into one of however many storm drains or cracks in the pavement if we need to run away, and we'd be able to make "I'll be back" jokes just like the Android option.

The only thing Nanomachines won't give you that being a Kihara will is the insanity that causes them to do crazy things that sometimes work.

Last edited:
Yes, that's what the Power Development program is all about.

Also, that still doesn't eliminate the weaknesses.
What, the weaknesses? Every power has weaknesses. Precog is useful because it gives you more time to prepare. Unless one is stupid enough to put oneself into an inescapable situation, - by, say, not realizing that going up against someone with invisible or super-fast attacks when one doesn't have defenses is suicidal, or antagonizing someone who has access to such resources, - a precog stands a high chance of thinking their way out of trouble.

What, the weaknesses? Every power has weaknesses.
Yeah, all powers have weaknesses, but this one has easily exploitable ones. Precog is only as good as how fast you can react and how far it goes. I honestly doubt it's going to go from minutes to hours in a few updates or that each check of the future is going to reliable when we change the future constantly.

You know, I always wondered why his codename was Accelerator. It doesn't really fit in with his powers.
Apparently, in the original Japanese his name spells out "One way street" or something. Accelerator is what it got translated to.
Yeah, all powers have weaknesses, but this one has easily exploitable ones. Precog is only as good as how fast you can react and how far it goes. I honestly doubt it's going to go from minutes to hours in a few updates or that each check of the future is going to reliable when we change the future constantly.
How is 'can't dodge bullets' a weakness? A weakness is something your powers do that makes you weaker than average. For example if your precog gave you debilitating headaches or made you stop in the middle of a fight while you watched a vision of the future that would be a weakness. (It doesn't by the way.) Not being able to react fast enough is just something you have to deal with just like everyone else.

Apparently, in the original Japanese his name spells out "One way street" or something. Accelerator is what it got translated to.
Technically no, cause it's Accelerator in the Anime as well. More like the characters used in the light novel (with the overarching katagana being Accelerator) meant "one-way street".

He has real name regardless, it's simply gone by the wayside with the Level 6 Shift Project.

[x] Dr. Doofinshmirtz - Can create nearly any invention, no matter how improbable, so long as it has a built-in self-destruct button, an antidote, or at least oneeasily-exploitable weakness.

Back