The Schnee Tribe's Rivals, End of Creation 0-5
The Schloss Tribe: The largest tribe in the region, the Schloss Tribe is a Human tribe spread out in a series of fortified camps. They are known to be great builders, and their ability to move their entire defensive structures in a series of days is well known. They also have many Faunus slaves, using them to build and maintain their works while their foragers gather food. They the strongest tribe in the Mantle Highlands, though they do not attack directly. They are led by Erbauer Schloss, a brutal man who likes to build great structures for himself.

The Bauernhof Tribe: The Bauernhof Tribe is a small community who has settled in the Mantle Highlands after they were driven away from the Longhorn Plains by stronger tribes. Their numbers are few, but they cultivate the land and often trade with the Schloss Tribe to improve their land. They have few warriors, preferring to keep what few fighters they have close in case the Grimm attack. They are led by Leben, a man who prefers to work the fields and ensure his people are safe.

The Krieger Tribe: Descendants of the great Army of Atlas, the Kriegers are not a peaceful tribe. While they do not engage in much fighting now, five winters ago they attacked the Schloss Tribe in a massive raid. The Schloss retaliated, decimating the Kriegers and forcing them off the war path. For now, they are content to hire out their warriors to other tribes in order to ensure food comes to their table, but they are ever watchful for a chance to strike. They are led by War, a man who constantly wears a full-face metal helmet, is known to be a great commander of men and carries a transforming weapon known as the Beast's Bane, a shotgun-axe mechashift weapon. They are also the greatest slavers in the region, putting many Faunus into chains during their exploration.

The Tier Tribe: The only other known Faunus Tribe in the Mantle Highlands, the Tier Tribe are master raiders who frequently conduct night attacks on the Schloss and Bauernhof tribes, constantly probing their defenses. Their camp constantly moves, never staying in the same place for more than a week even in the dead of winter. While you share common blood, the Tiers do not have a good relationship with the Schnees after a previous Champion attempted to convert them to the worship of Dust, with the Tiers preferring to avoid your tribe. You believe they are led by pair of twins known as Hund and Koter, and they have a reputation for being exceptionally bloody warriors.

The Zuruck Ford Tribe: The Zuruck Ford Tribe is an enclave of Reclaimers living on the very edge of the Ruins of Mantle made up of people who were expelled from the Ruins of Atlas. The Zuruck Fords delve into the depths of Mantle frequently, pulling valuable artifacts from the ruins and using them to conduct raids on the other tribes. They are lead by the Mechani-Priest, an abomination who was once a man, but who has attached so many artifacts to himself you doubt he can be called a person.

The Gathering of the Winter Warrior: On the northern edge of the Mantle Highlands, there exists a tiny tribe of people who worship a figure known as the Winter Warrior. You do not know much about these people, only that they were once made up of both Faunus and Human, but their numbers have dwindled extensively due to slavers. They are a dying tribe, but nearly all of their people have Awakened Auras. You believe they are led by someone known as The Huntsman, but you know little beyond their name.

Last edited:
And now all the players are on the board. I'm going to write up the first turn decisions, but while I do so, I want you all find and decide on a picture for Colubra and each of her rivals. We need to know what our main players look like.

You'll notice some big changes if you've played an Age of Grimm quest before. This is all based on CPG Grey's Keys to Power theory, and it's one of the largest mechanics of this quest. Do you keep your rivals out of power and attempt to keep your people happy on their own, or do you put your rivals in positions of power and risk losing control of your tribe? This is the question you'll have to consider and answer on every turn.

ill strike at the hard ones to find

For Scorp seems the look of the guy that says try and take me again

Next is Really badly Crippled Idealistic
closes veiled crow girl i could find.

anyways As for Colubra since snek girl that isn't a lamia is hard

there is also the Verdell Hydra RWBY OC but i just rather not use someones OC without permission as an artist rule

Last edited:
Images? Well...

Here's a potential Diamant:

And maybe Vulpe?

I just wish there were more choices that were actually usable for fox ears.

oh if you want fox women here are few

As it turns out, I found better pictures by focusing on other aspects for a few characters. Crowe's is most certainly going to change later on once I get around to finding a specific manga page whose source I will not explain.

As it turns out, I found better pictures by focusing on other aspects for a few characters. Crowe's is most certainly going to change later on once I get around to finding a specific manga page whose source I will not explain.

I guess those images will be shown on the characters' respective introductions?

Is one of them Collie's? (Yeah, yeah, I nickname characters, so sue me.)

Admittedly, it was also so I could have someone who wasn't Cynical and who was completely in with the Elders. I needed to do this for variety in the political landscape, Commander Frost. I hope you'll forgive me for that. Because I am not going to apologize. She is getting a unique trait out of it though.

First rule of questing with Raiu, highlight EVERYTHING.

Anyway it's fine, you're the QM and all, you do what you want.

Perhaps you and the rest of my readers should refer to the Character Sheet. I'm keeping it quite updated.

Well damn you already picked, oh well, might as well post the pic anyway.

EDIT: Figured a face wasn't too important since she wears a veil all the time.

Last edited:
First rule of questing with Raiu, highlight EVERYTHING.

Anyway it's fine, you're the QM and all, you do what you want.

Well damn you already picked, oh well, might as well post the pic anyway.

EDIT: Figured a face wasn't too important since she wears a veil all the time.

Unforuntately that's a bit too much of a mannish figure for me, and I like to keep artistic gore to a minimum. I prefer to keep my gore in the theater of the mind, and we will be seeing quite a bit of that. Welcome to Grimm: 10/10, Commander Frost. What's worse, that's the Local Grimm score. I also have a Regional Grimm score which is 100/100 and a Continental Grimm Score with is a nebulous amount between 10,000 and 100,000. Welcome to Age of Grimm, 525 AF Start Time, with Iron Man on.

In base CK2, what each character thinks of another is measured from a -100 to 100 system, with -100 being "MY LOATHING FOR YOU CANNOT BE MORE COMPLETE" and 100 being "You're my best friend!". I have simplified the system a little bit, making it a -10 to 10 system. Let's put things into perspective.

Ebon is a complete agnostic (you'd have to be with a Learning of -1!) so Cynical doesn't apply to him, and all the super fancy "Look at how powerful I am because I can use magic Dust to do magic shit" shenanigans are hardly effective. He deals mostly with your abilities as a warrior (which are rather respectable) and the fact you are Weak drops his opinion of you. (I may change Relation to Opinion to clear up some of this later.) His thinking on you is roughly "She may be weak, but she is pretty good at leading others."

Meanwhile, Diamant's story is a bit different. Both of you are Cynical, so there is no clash there, but it's a matter of the story. While you had demonstrated a talent exceeding her own during your studies under Elder Bubo (I didn't just mash that word together. He may come up in a future omake.), Diamant had kept up through sudden and unexpected inspiration. The Elders had decided they would place Diamant to the position of tribal Champion rather than you. Usually this would be enough, but when the previous Champion died in such a disgraceful fashion (and has been declared to not exist by the Elders) the people and warriors didn't bow to the Elders' suggestion. In essence, someone who Diamant considered a friend stole the position of Champion away from her, and it was only for the remnants of a long friendship that she only strongly dislikes you.

In essence, someone who Diamant considered a friend stole the position of Champion away from her
Man she would have probably hated Kaltroix if he was an NPC villager considering he was the winning vote and i totally didn't have anything to do with that.

Last edited:
The Start of Coulbra's Rule, First of Spring One 1-1
And thus began the leadership of Colubra Ezkutuko, The Cobra of Schnee. A mistress of Dust and the greatest mind since the passing of her teacher Elder Bubo, she became the physical guide of the Schnee Tribe, second only to the Elder's spiritual guidance.
High Elder Erasmis, The Chronicle of the Great Schnee Tribe, 525 AF

You are Colubra Ezkutuko, and you have a problem. The problem isn't the ever present threat of a Grimm attack. Nor is it the scarcity of Dust you possess. Nor, for that matter, is it the scavenged food supply which will last but three months, the fact your friend Diamant has stopped speaking to you, the thought that many Faunus are in chains, the surge in Krieger slaver parties or the still cold spring.

Your problem is High Elder Erasmus won't stop droning on about useless drivel. 'Divine right' this and 'Holy quest' that and 'Great faith' those. Did the senile old hawk think putting on a show for the tribe was going to help your people get ready for the winter?! It's spring, the time to find sources of food which would be ready to gather in the summer and to build. He can have his time preaching about his Dust myths during the winter when there is little else to do.

You thought he finished his speech, but then he drew in a breath to reveal it was a two-parter. You groaned inwardly, knowing he would have to tire eventually... You hoped.

"He's dead, you know. The Champion."

"What? Really? Where did you hear this from? How'd he kick the pail?"

"From one of the scouts, you know, the one with the scar he got from a Beowulf and is into me? Well, he told me he saw the Champ and his missionaries on their way back from the Tiers, but he won't tell me how it happened." Her voice dropped low, becoming an approximation of conspiratorial. "Apparently the Elders are keeping everything hush hush, but all I had to do was look in his direction and he told me what he could. I'm sure I could get the full story after the new Champ is sworn in."

"Well, she can't be any worse than the last one."

"Oh, you already have someone in mind? Come on, spill!"

Despite their attempts to keep the conversation quiet, you could still hear every word of your students' whispers. You'd think they would realize their voices carried in your quiet tent, but your students never seemed to learn.

"I'm not hearing hammers Sanderling, Raven." You, Dust Weaver Colubra Ezkutuko of the Schnee Tribe, put on your teacher's voice, cutting through the chatter. "Etching is the first skill you need to learn to become a Dust Weaver, not chatting. Once I'm happy with your work, then you can chat."

You let the disapproval sink in for a moment longer, watching the guilty faces of your young students. 'They're always so cute before their nameday. I did the same thing with Bubo, but I have to keep up appearances.' You thought to yourself, letting the guilt sink in a little further. After a moment, you smiled. "Besides, I already know who will win. Diamant's been the favorite of the Elders since Bubo passed, and they've been grooming her. There's no one better for it than her, and besides, I'm sure her big ideas would make her a better leader than a Dust Weaver."

The two girls looked at each other before Sanderling spoke up. "Well, I know my brother wants Ebon to take over."

Raven interrupted, "Vulpina's gotten pretty popular with the Warriors. I think she'd team up with Ebon, and be a Champion maker."

"I doubt it." You broke in, "The Warriors will follow the Elder's block, just like they've done for the past three Elections."

"You know," Raven said, cutting off Sanderling before she could speak. "I heard from my uncle who works with Ebon that the Warriors really don't like Diamant. And I mean really don't like. They're more likely to go for you than Diamant!"

You put on a troubled face and moved back to being the strict teacher. "Alright, that's enough of that. We'll find out when they call for an Election. However, what you both need to do now is to keep engraving. If you don't finish before mid-day call, we'll have to work through the meal."

Just as it had worked for you and Diamant, the threat of missing out on the tribe's social life worked wonders with the girls. 'Was it really this easy with us?'

~~~~~

Outside the your tent, you could believe spring had come early. It was unseasonably warm, with only the lightest of winter furs needed for comfort. Though it was still yet winter, the spring rugs were dragged before the ever-lit bonfire and the meal held outside. After a long winter under an incompetent Champion, the Schnees were elated to dine under the light of the sun. The conversations were animated, and the winter ration of pemmican seemed easier to swallow.

As usual, the people had questions for Bubo the Dust Master's star pupil, ranging from further insight into one type of Dust or the prayers to say for Dust to bring blessings onto this object or that person or for an easy childbirth and the like. You believed in none of it, of course, but being the one who took over for the second highest and most easily approachable religious authority meant you had to know a good deal about the lies you were dealing. 'Dust is just Dust.' You wished you could say, 'There's no need to give it divine origins. They won't tell you the future like my coins.'

Something cold and wet was gently pressed against your neck. You flinched, barely suppressing a snake-like hiss, your fangs bouncing against your tongue. There was only one person who would do that. "Diamant, don't do that! You know I hate it when my neck is cold."

Diamant, your fellow graduate of Bubo and closest friend, laughed to herself as she sat down. Out of the two of you, she clearly put in the most time looking pretty, decorating her neck with a small tear shaped icon of blue Dust, the point of the tear pointing upwards to her face and the feline playfulness in her expression. "I know Co, but watching you keep your fangs from leaping out is just hilarious. Here's my apology." She held two stone cups in her hands, placing one next to your food board.

"This wouldn't happen to be some of the Baunerhof Brew, would it?" You asked, hoping just a little some managed to survive the winter and the Champion's appetites.

"Nope, there's not a drop left in the camp. It's melt water which I soaked a dried ice peach in. A little something-something to help the food go down."

"Well, someone's in a celebratory mood." You remarked, picking up the cup. "Come on Dia, loose lips launch ships. Let's hear it."

Her feline ears drooped downwards and she shrugged. "I can't say, and I mean that. I've been with the Elders all day, and they'll be making a big announcement later."

You looked at her a little miffed. "Well, it seems that there's a lot which people can't talk about today." At Dia's look, you continued, "I won't tell where I heard this from, but this announcement wouldn't happen to be due to something happening outside the wall?"

A decidedly neutral but guarded expression rose on your friend's face. "I've been sworn to silence there." Her words were all the conformation you needed, and you sipped at the mouth chilling drink to stop a worried sound. Suddenly your students' gossip seemed far more important than just some made up rumors. If they were right, things were going to get awkward between you and Diamant.

Before you could get ask her about more questions, you saw the Elder of Elders, Natalius, climb the dais surrounding the ever-burning bonfire. "People of the Schnee, hear me!" He shouted, cutting through all conversations. The people looked at him, ready to hear a speech.

"We, the Elder council," The oldest person in the tribe began, "Have found the current Champion to be of such low and vile character, showing such incompetence in leadership, being incapable in the fight against the oppression of Our People by the Spawn of Ingwaz, we have no other recourse but to strike his name from the annals of the Schnee." To say this caused a stir would be understating the effect the Elder's words had on the people. There was a torrent of shouts, the sounds of appreciation mixing with mutters of dismay, all lost in a sea of confusion. Nothing like this had ever happened in the tribe's annals, nothing.

"Schnee!" Natalius shouted once more, silencing the tribe. "Never before in the history of our tribe, stretching from our founder Hama, has there been a Champion more deserving of being forgotten! He and his bodyguards were returning after attempting to bring the light of the Mother Goddess to our siblings in the Tier tribe when they were ambushed by the Humans!" Loathing dripped from his voice as he named the Faunus People's enemy, but it paled in comparison to his next words.

"The Champion begged for his life, offering up the tribe if he would live. He was cut down by his bodyguards before he could give voice to his treason. The Fang, however, was lost to us, further compounding his sins."

Having your suspicions confirmed and then exceeded stunned you into silence, too surprised to know the rest of the tribe was doing likewise. In the 500 and twenty five year history of the Schnee, there had never been a Champion who attempted to sell out the tribe. To have one at all was...

You looked over at Diamant and she nodded. This... Was far from heartening.

"As executors of Hama's will for all Faunus to choose their leader, we Elders shall conduct an Election at first light. Go to your tents and prepare. At last light, there we shall conduct a mass to pray for good fortune for our next Champion, and damnation for the Traitor."

~~~~~

"Well, I can see why they wanted you to keep quiet." You said, shaking out your large, traditional Dust Weaver hat in the privacy of your communal tent. "If the Elders weren't the ones to tell the tribe, a panic would have broken out."

"You can just imagine how I felt, Co!" Diamant said, using a small polished shard of bronze as a mirror while she combed her hair. "I was talking with the builders when Elder Weise enters the planning tent and tells me to follow him to the Elder's Tent. Sure, it's just a bunch of important old people, but hearing them say it was time for me to become Champion was just..." Your best friend shuddered. "Well, it's what I've been getting ready to do for the past three years, so I shouldn't be this nervous."

"You'll do fine Dia. You've spent every day speaking with people, finding out their problems and doing your best to fix them. Besides, the Elders want you to be the next Champion, so you don't have anything to worry about there." You grimaced at a new hole in your hat. "So, you're going to the sermon?"

"Yeah. I mean, it's all superstition, but it'll look bad if the Champion-to-be isn't there. You skipping out as usual?"

"I'm not the one who is going to be the Champion. Try not to fall asleep during the reciting of the Annals."

"Oh, don't remind me Co!" Dia whined, putting down the mirror and bone comb. "It's going to be hard enough getting through the sermon, don't remind me of the Annals!"

"Have fun." You said in a singsong voice, smiling. "Tell you what, get through the sermon without nodding off and I'll put the next Dust Crystal I can put my hands on and an engraving on your Silverstaff. Deal?"

"Deal." Diamant nodded, standing up. "Hold the walls for me."

You waved, but before Diamant could fully exit, you heard her stop. "Oh, didn't expect to see you two here."

"We got something to talk with Colubra about," You heard a rather rough female voice say, her accent still shining through despite years with the tribe. Vulpina, the crippled Fox herself.

"Hurry on." A male voice this time, and the connection was easy enough to make. Where Vulpina went, chances were Ebon the Scorpion was always nearby. "My Warriors are already there, and I doubt the Elders would like their little favorite shown up." There was a note of derision in his voice, fitting for the man known as Ebon the Apostate by the more religious of the people.

"It's most likely to have Ebon's blades looked at or an engraving checked." You called out. "Go on ahead Dia."

Parting the flap, Vulpina and Ebon entered with the swagger of Warriors. Vulpina, or the Crippled Fox as many called her behind her back, still wore the cloth clothing in the style of her old Southlands tribe, though more and more it was being replaced with patchwork and furs. Two sheathes were at her hip, the axe like blade of her former tribe's Champion, and a straight blade which you had never seen drawn. As another Dust Weaver, though of her tribe's tradition rather than your own, she took the bulk of the devotional work for the Warriors, technically making her your competitor. This was a setup you had no mind to change.

Ebon the Scorpion, named such for his poisonous stinger, bore the brand of the Schloss on his neck, though the indignity only seemed to fuel his Aura. A full head taller than Vulpina, you admittedly had not worked much with the greatest Warrior of your tribe, though you knew the terror he could cause with the thickly Dust woven claws he kept on him. The fact he was here did make the explanation he was here for you to check over Vulpina's work credible. Maybe.

Vulpina looked out the tent flap, watching for something. Apparently satisfied, she turned to you. "I'm going to make this one quick. Colubra, your friend would be a horrible Champion." The statement made you blink, and she continued before you could respond. "The Elders let her meddle with the Warriors before, and she won't trust anyone who actually knows how to do their job. She has no talent for Warrior's work."

Ebon charged in. "We have told our Warriors to vote for you-"

"No, absolutely not." You said firmly, an instinctual reply for a stupid request.

"Hold on, let him finish." Vulpina said, a look of annoyance spreading across her face. "It's not what you expect."

You frowned, looking between the two before nodding. "Alright, I'll hear you out. If you're expecting me to betray Dia, though, you should leave now."

"Then we won't leave.," Ebon stated, the scorpion tail wrapped around his waist twitching. "One way or another, Diamant's going to be the Champion. By having the Warriors under I and Ebon vote for you, we can force your friend to listen to us."

"I said it once," Vulpina repeated, flicking her tail, "She'd be the worst Champion, but if we," She motioned between you and the two of them, "Can shock her enough, show that she's not going to be everyone's favorite Champion, then she'll listen to us. The only choice which would really shock her would be you, especially since you led pretty well while you were under your teacher. We're not looking to burn the walls here, Colubra. Your friend will win and it'll be a matter of making it up later."

She drew her axe-like blade, holding it in open palms as if displaying it. "The Fang was lost with the last Champion, and there's no other worthy weapon. So, I will present Elatha, the Champion's Blade of my old home, to Diamant as she takes charge. This is how important I believe this plan to be."

You considered the plan for a moment. 'The instant the Champion dies, they start pulling me into their schemes. Well, at least it's better than the Champion's idiotic Dust Warrior ideas. Wait...' "You already told your Warriors to vote for me?"

"We have." Ebon nodded.

"Because this idiot," Vulpina tilted her head towards Ebon, "Jumped the axe and told everyone before we were ready."

You saw Ebon open his mouth to protest, but you had heard enough. "Then unless you can tell every Warrior you have to change their vote overnight, you've forced me into this." You took a handful of your hat, gripping it tightly as you began to pace. "Of course you didn't have time to prepare enough, but this sucks. You're forcing me to say yes to something I don't want to do." Your crumpled the Dust Weaver's hat in your hands, coming up with nothing better.

"Relax, the Tribesmen block votes after the Warriors and they'll vote the same as the Elders." Ebon explained. "They haven't voted against the Elders in..." He paused, thinking before shrugging. "Well, not any time I can remember. It's a statement, nothing more."

"That's not the problem here. The problem is I'm gaining absolutely nothing while you get everything!"

"Alright, how about this. Do this for us, and I'll share the Dust Weaving techniques of the Clays. This way you have more things to pass down to your students, and you'll get closer to matching your old teacher. Are you in?" Vulpina asked, leaning forward. You threw the hat to the ground in response.

"Do I even have a choice? Just leave me alone to think on how I'm going to explain this."

"Explain it after the Election. If you blab then-"

"I know, I know. Just... Get out and let me think."

A shorthour later, Diamant returned to the tent to find you on your fur bedding, barely un-crumpled hat covering your head. "Something happen Co?"

"No," You lied, keeping to your role. "It's just... I hate politics."

~~~~~

Twilight was dying a slow death over the camp as the people gathered in the smoldering light of the ever-burning bonfire, it's flames allowed to die down to embers for the ceremony. By law, the entire tribe was in attendance, barring fifteen Warriors who stood watch over the wall during the Election. You vaguely remembered the Warriors who would take no part in the election as a ceremonial representation of the protectors of Hama, the tribe's founder. The fact your mind was regurgitating this old and useless piece of knowledge showed how nervous you were.

The tribe was divided into thirds, with the Elders surrounding the bonfire, either standing or sitting for those too infirm to stand. An aisle was formed between the two halves of the Elders, and this stretch of empty ground served as the division between the Warriors and the Tribesmen. The dais which had been used to announce the news of the previous Champion's death had been replaced by a larger platform of three tiers, with three of the oldest Elders standing on the second tier, clutching ceremonial weapons. Hama's Companions, rendered in ceremony, waiting for the Champion-elect to ascend to the highest dais and take the place of Hama; one of the oldest rituals of your people.

Your nerves, and a desire to avoid listening to the recitation of the Annals interspersed by prayer, drove you to look for your "allies" or rather "conspirators" from your position in the Tribesman block. Ebon and Vulpina were clearly visible at the head of the Warriors, moving through the motions of prayer with varying degrees of sincerity. When not in prayer, you witnessed Ebon staring directly at Angelus, standing next to the Elder of Elders like a bodyguard; and next to Diamant, though you tried hard to not see her.

As the recitation, prayers, and call to Election ended, you heard whispered conversation occurring around you, but before you could pay mind to the mutterings, the Election began. The Elders had timed the ceremony well, and the sun's light rose about the wall the moment they delivered the vote. "The Elders stand with Diamant, student of the late Dust Master Bubo, who has vowed to return the Schnee to glory."

Scattered applause wove through the Tribesmen block, not so much a sign of their support, so much as your block attempting to participate in a ceremony where the deciding vote was rarely placed at their feet. Your mind, however, barely registered the clapping as your nerves transformed into a resounding dread. 'Just hurry and get done with it you two,' You thought pointedly at the two who forced you into this mess, 'Hurry up so I can stop waiting for a disaster and make my life normal again.'

In contrast to the instantaneous nature of the Elders' vote, the Warriors' votes were not collated beforehand. The vote of each individual Warrior, and the muttered attempts by some to convince their peers to change their vote, meant the process went on until the sun was a fist's breadth above the wall. In the end, a result was reached, and Ebon, serving as the greatest of the Warriors, stepped forward. 'Please don't make it a speech. Please don't make it a speech.' You begged.

"The Warriors do not stand with Diamant." He shouted, immediately causing a stir among the Tribesmen. You glanced at Diamant, who did not seem shocked at this, but rather slightly put off. Ignoring the complaints, the Aura'd Warrior of the Schnee simply shouted louder. "We have found Diamant to be incompetent in the ways of war, and unwilling to listen to those who have experienced bloodshed! We have found a Champion who is far more deserving of the title!"

Ebon gestured towards the Tribesmen block, quickly finding you. "The Warriors stand with Colubra Ezkutuko, Dust Master and far more willing to listen than Diamant!"

Sound surrounded you, and you could feel the eyes of your people boring into you. You had gone from a known but relatively unimportant person to a contender, a Rival. All you could do in the face of this change was to not look at Diamant. The look of betrayal you imagined on her face was painful enough; seeing the real thing would break you. With luck, this would all be over soon and you could start making things right.

Following tribal law, you moved to the front of your block, putting yourself in clear view of Diamant, averted gaze and all. You could feel her stare, which only made the wait for the Tribesmen block's vote seem endless. 'Hurry up and just vote for Dia already!' You mentally shouted at the crowd, hoping for a sudden Semblance awakening which would send your message.

Unfortunately, your hopes proved to be futile and the vote dragged on. A rational part of your mind knew the sheer size and unexpectedness of their vote was the cause. The rest of your mind was too busy wishing for it to simply be over.

The voting, convincing, whispers of someone moving around behind you took ages to progress, and eventually you decided to look up. Diamant's face did show hurt, yes, though it was a confused pain. She pointed her hands towards you, palms open like one of your students wanting more of an answer. You gave an apologetic smile, and pointed in the vague direction of your shared tent. She nodded after a pause, giving you the "you'd better" look.

The weight which had been making it hard to breathe suddenly disappeared. This short conversation gave you hope things would be alright, just as soon as the vote-

"The Tribesmen have come to a decision." Someone announced. You turned towards them, finding Ikarus, the Angel of the Schnee, next to you. A smile was on his face, as though some scheme had come to fruition. "The Tribe stands with..."

You smiled at Dia, already celebrating her victory.

"Colubra Ezkututo!" He finished.

For a moment, the words did not process, until the horrible truth sunk in. "What?" You questioned, your voice lost in the silence. You looked towards Dia-

The next conscious thought you had was 'Why am I on the dais? Why is everyone cheering? What's going on?'

You looked above your head, finding Elatha in your hand. The bonfire behind you was not smoldering embers but roaring and leaping, while the pouch of red Dust flakes you kept around your neck was missing. There were people chanting your name. 'Why?' You looked for Diamant...

And saw the look of utter betrayal on her face. "Oh," A small voice, your voice, said to yourself. "I won.

Oh shit."

~~~~~

And thus began the leadership of Colubra Ezkutuko, The Cobra of Schnee, Master Dust Weaver. A mistress of Dust and the greatest mind since the passing of her teacher Dust Master Elder Bubo, she became the physical guide of the Schnee Tribe, second only to the Elder's spiritual guidance. May the Schnees become great under her rule, ordained as she is by the Mother Goddess and the wisdom of the Elders.
Annalist Erasmis, The Annals of the Great Schnee Tribe, 525 AF

You are Colubra Ezkutuko, and you have a problem. The problem isn't the ever present threat of the Grimm, nor is it the lack of Dust in your tribe's supply. It is not, for that matter, the food supply which will last through the spring and no longer, nor the constant threat of Krieger slaving parties, nor the still cold spring.

It's the fact your best friend won't even see you after you accidentally became the champion, and the two people who talked you into doing so haven't come up with a plan to fix it yet.

'Ok, ok. Let's just take this one step at a time. I'll patch things up and it will all be fine. Dia will listen to me, I'm sure of it.'

Ambition: Everyone has a goal they want to achieve. What is yours? Choose One.
  • Become A Paragon of Virtue.
  • Have your Name Remembered Proudly.
  • Get Married.
  • Groom an heir.
  • Improve Stewardship.
  • Become The Strongest Tribe in the Mantle Highlands. (This Ambition cannot be canceled.)
  • Strengthen Religion.
  • Find a Great Artifact.
Focus: There are many different ways you can lead your people. What is it that you will focus on? Choose One. This cannot be changed for 5 years (or 60 Turns).
  • Leadership
  • Building
  • Seduction
  • Intrigue
  • Hunting
  • War
  • Feasting
  • Kinship
  • Dust Studies
  • Elder Teachings
Personal: There are matters which deal with you as a person and not as the Champion, though there is some minor overlap. Choose One.
  • Family: Even in these dark times, you can always rely on your family as a pillar of support. You have no family to call your own, as it has been for quite some time.
  • Spouse: As Champion, your spouse is either your greatest ally or your most dangerous foe. You'd much rather have an ally. You have yet to gain a spouse, but perhaps that is for the best.
  • Elevate [Rival] to Adviser of [Attribute]: While you are an able ruler, there are limits to what you are able to do alone. While it would give your rivals more power, you can elevate one of them to assist you in ruling.
  • Marry: In the more dire of circumstances, people hold tight to the last remnants of the old times to give them hope. Marriage is one such remnant. (Select a character in an attempt to marry or start the Marriage Event.) Homosexual Marriages are not Traditional.
  • Attempt to Solve Disputes Peacefully: Even in this difficult times, or perhaps because of such times, your people still have countless quarrels of little import. Perhaps by solving some of those quarrels, you can improve your own Diplomacy.
  • Weapon Training: You born weak, and though you make up for it through leadership, you could always do more. Perhaps by training yourself, you can increase your Martial.
  • Administration Experimentation: The scavengers and builders do their job admirably, but without a leader with a head for practical knowledge, they may miss something important. Perhaps you can increase your capacity for such thought through practice, thereby increasing your Stewardship.
  • Learn From The Scouts: The scouts are masters of subtle arts, of staying hidden from sight as they gather important knowledge for the tribe. You could learn from them, increasing your capacity of Intrigue.
  • Delve Into the Mysteries of Dust: While you never approached Dust with the reverence of the Elders, there are some mysteries which you have yet to fully uncover about the Dust. Perhaps through intense study, you can pierce the veil and increase your Learning.
  • Focus on Leading: You don't have the time to deal with personal matters this month. (Gain 2 Prestige.)
  • Write-In: There is no doubt more you can do for personal matters.
Diplomacy: Even in this Age of Grimm, there is still value in words. How will you use them? Choose One.
  • Start a Feast: Partially an attempt to improve your popularity with your tribesmen, partially to improve the wellbeing of your people, you can open the tribe's store of food and call a feast. The people will enjoy the chance to celebrate, but wouldn't such food be better served in the harsh winter?
  • Contact [Tribe]: The Schnees have not had much contact with nearby tribes, though this has mostly been to avoid attacks from other tribes. Perhaps it is time to talk. Contacting a Human tribe is not Traditional.
  • Damage the Reputation of [Rival] with [Population Group]: One of your rivals has become too popular for your liking. It's time to cut them down to size.
  • Befriend [Rival]: There is an old saying from the Before Times: "Keep your friends close and your enemies far away." Perhaps by improving one of your rival's opinion of you, you can turn an enemy into a friend.
  • Focus on Leading: You don't have time for talking. (Gain 2 Prestige)
  • Write-In: There is no doubt more you can do with words.
Martial: As the ancients say: "War. War always changes." How will it change for your tribe? Choose One.
  • Start a Contest: By tradition, young men and women can only become a Warrior by distinguishing themselves in a contest of arms. The Elders are the ones who choose who joins the Warriors, though you do have some say in the choice.
  • Train Warriors: Your Warriors are all able fighters, but even the greatest warriors has to work to ensure they are not surpassed.
  • Develop Military Advances (Write-In the theme for the military research): There are many stories of great warriors before the Fall, and though your people have fallen from great heights, there is always a way to climb back out.
  • Raid [Tribe] for Food: It is time to attack one of your nearby tribes and steal from their food stores. Sound the drums of war, it is time to attack. (You have not scouted out a good target, but you can still order a raid.)
  • Raid [Tribe] for Dust: It is time to attack one of your nearby tribes and steal their Dust. Sound the drums of war, it is time to get Dust-y. (You have not scouted out a good target, but you can still order a raid.)
  • Raid [Tribe] to Liberate Slaves: Your scouts have found a tribe with many Faunus slaves. You must liberate your people, and damn any Human who tries to stop you. (You have not scouted out a good target, but you can still order a raid.)
  • Raid [Tribe] for Artifacts: Your scouts have found powerful Artifacts in the hands of your enemies. Perhaps they would be better suited in your hands. (You have not scouted out a good target, but you can still order a raid.)
  • Prepare For A Massive Raid on [Tribe]: This is it, you've found a target worthy of sending every willing soul to attack. You will destroy the target and gain everything they have or die trying. (Once taken, all Martial actions will be replaced by Keep Preparing, Attack or Cancel The Raid until the attack happens or it is canceled.) Your scouts have yet to find a suitable target for such an undertaking.
  • Attack the Grimm: The Grimm have come too close to your camp, and their numbers are small enough you are confident you can drive them back. Warriors will die against these monsters, but it is a sacrifice you are willing to make.
  • Duel [Rival]: One of your rivals has become too much of a threat towards you. By risking death in combat, you can ensure your power won't be challenged for a time, perhaps even killing your rival in the process.
  • Focus on Leading: It is a time of peace, and you don't have the time for matters of war. (Gain 2 Prestige.)
  • Write-In: There is always more you can do with Warriors and a fair amount of bloodlust.
Stewardship: Food, safety, home. All of these can be found in your tribe, but what more can you do? Choose One.
  • Entrench the Camp: You have found a good position for the camp, and you do not want to give it up. While it would be harder to pack everything up, you can increase the defensiveness of your camp substantially.
  • Explore The Ruins of Mantle: The Ruins of Mantle are a barely touched treasure trove of artifacts, and they are less Grimm infested than the Ruins of Atlas. If you risk an expedition to the city, you can no doubt find many interesting things hidden in the rubble.
  • Search for Settling Site: Your people have traveled for long enough. It is time to set down roots. Once you have found a good location, you can truly make a stand against the Grimm.
  • Establish Trade With [Tribe]: The Schnees have been isolated for a long time, and you have found those who are willing to trade with you. Perhaps this will lead to greatness for your tribe and their's. Conducting Trade with Humans is not Traditional.
  • Discover Economic Techniques (Write in the theme for the research): The people of the Before Times had many great technological advancements. Perhaps by searching for the root of their greatness, you can reclaim some of that glory for yourself.
  • Scavenge For Food: Without established farms and the defenses to ensure the Grimm don't taint your fields, your people must either forage for food or steal from other tribes. You'll do the former.
  • Focus on Leading: Your people have enough food as is, this can wait. (Gain 2 Prestige.)
  • Write-In: There is always more which can be done with Food in a barter economy.
Intrigue: The scouts and sneaks are always willing to be used against your enemies. How will you use them now? Choose One.
  • Assassinate [Character]: Someone has raised too many questions about your rule, but you can't overtly kill them. Perhaps it's time for them to die in their sleep.
  • Assess [Character]: You need to know more about a certain person, so it is time to have your scouts learn all they can.
  • Seduce [Character]: While you are not particularly skilled in the art of pillow talk, there is someone you would like to have wrapped around your little finger.
  • Spy On [Character]: You know someone is hiding dangerous secrets. By knowing such secrets, you can ensure they won't move against you or be ruined.
  • Scout [Tribe]: You need to know more about one of the neighboring tribes. Send the scouts to learn all they can.
  • Scout the White Castle: The White Castle has never been breached by any tribe, but that means it would contain items of great power. Perhaps if you could find a way to it...
  • Steal Technology From [Tribe]: One of your neighboring tribes no doubt has made some interesting discoveries. Through subtle arts, your scouts can find their knowledge and bring it to your tribe.
  • Focus on Ruling: Skullduggery was never your thing, and you can put it off for another month. (Gain 2 Prestige.)
  • Write-In: The subtle arts are many and varied. No doubt you can come up with more.
Learning: While you don't believe in the Elder's tales, your knowledge and wisdom is your greatest strength. What will you direct it towards this month? Choose One.
  • Pray: You don't believe in the muck about deities and if there is something out there, you'd do better by doing work rather than doing some nonsensical praying.
  • Choose Favored Dust: Everyone who worships Dust has one type which they revere above all others, having an affinity towards it over all others. (Choose one: Nerthus' Fury (Red), Nerthus' Sorrow (Blue), Nerthus' Voice (Yellow), Nerthus' Freedom (Green).)
  • Search for Dust: Atlas is a land known for it's excess of Dust, so there must be veins nearby which have erupted from the ground. If you find such a vein, your people will be able to harvest the Dust.
  • Find Cultural Discoveries (Write-In the theme of the research): Your people are collectors of the knowledge of the Before Times, but the knowledge now is limited. Perhaps by learning from the remnants of the past, you can recover another precious drop of their wisdom.
  • Weave Dust: The process of turning Dust Crystals into Dust Strands is a long and complicated one, but you are a master of it's working. Dust Strands are easier to work into objects, and the process makes it much easier to activate the Dust by a person who's Aura is dormant. Dust Strands are also easier to implant into someone's body, though it is a dangerous but powerful art. (You can choose to weave the resulting Dust Strands into an object such as a weapon, armor, or clothing, a selected character as part of this action, or you can save the Dust Strands for later.)
  • Learn from the Elders: The Elders are the oldest and most learned of your tribe, and you could learn much from their tutelage. They will no doubt try to convince you to become more pious, but that is always a risk with the Elders.
  • Conduct Religious Ceremony: There is value in faith as a way of giving people hope, and there are countless religious ceremonies you can conduct for each season. Conducting such can earn you the respect of the Elders, and make you seem more pious.
  • Send Missionaries to [Tribe]: As the wisdom of the ancients says: "Religion is the opium of the masses." While you do not know what this "opium" is, it is easier to control people who share your faith.
  • Focus on Leading: Let the Elders worry about faith. You have people to lead. (Gain 2 Prestige.)
  • Write-In: Faith is a strange concept, but there is much more you can do with it.
Free: These actions may be taken at any time and do not cost an action.
  • Decrease the Ration of Food: Your food supplies are running low, and you have not been able to find as much as you hoped. You can stretch out food supplies by ensuring your people are hungry but alive. Obviously, they will not enjoy this.
  • Induct More Warriors: While not traditional, your Warriors have suffered a massive blow. By allowing people to circumvent the contest, you can quickly bring your warband up to speed, though this will displease the Elders. This is not Traditional.
Special: This Action can only be taken on it's own, as it takes up every action available for the turn.
  • Move The Camp: Things have become too dangerous in the tribe's current location. Though your tribe will be vulnerable to the Grimm and other tribes, you must move if your tribe is to survive. (-10 to this roll for every time you Entrenched. Can either stay in the region or flee to another. Moving regions is much more dangerous, but sometimes necessary.)

Last edited:
[X] Plan Basics
[X][Ambition] Get Married.
[X][Focus] Leadership
[X][Personal] Attempt to Solve Disputes Peacefully: Even in this difficult times, or perhaps because of such times, your people still have countless quarrels of little import. Perhaps by solving some of those quarrels, you can improve your own Diplomacy.
[X][Diplomacy] Befriend [Diamant]: There is an old saying from the Before Times: "Keep your friends close and your enemies far away." Perhaps by improving one of your rival's opinion of you, you can turn an enemy into a friend.
[X][Martial] Train Warriors: Your Warriors are all able fighters, but even the greatest warriors has to work to ensure they are not surpassed.
[X][Stewardship] Scavenge For Food: Without established farms and the defenses to ensure the Grimm don't taint your fields, your people must either forage for food or steal from other tribes. You'll do the former.
[X][Intrigue] Scout [Schloss Tribe]: You need to know more about one of the neighboring tribes. Send the scouts to learn all they can.
[X][Learning] Search for Dust: Atlas is a land known for it's excess of Dust, so there must be veins nearby which have erupted from the ground. If you find such a vein, your people will be able to harvest the Dust.

[X] Plan Inward Focus
-[X][Ambition] Get Married.
-[X][Focus] Seduction
-[X][Personal] Focus on Leading
-[X][Diplomacy] Befriend [Ikarus]
-[X][Martial] Start a Contest
-[X][Stewardship] Scavenge For Food
-[X][Intrigue] Assess [Ikarus]
-[X][Learning] Weave Dust

[X] Plan Basics
[X][Ambition] Get Married.
[X][Focus] Leadership
[X][Personal] Attempt to Solve Disputes Peacefully: Even in this difficult times, or perhaps because of such times, your people still have countless quarrels of little import. Perhaps by solving some of those quarrels, you can improve your own Diplomacy.
[X][Diplomacy] Befriend [Diamant]: There is an old saying from the Before Times: "Keep your friends close and your enemies far away." Perhaps by improving one of your rival's opinion of you, you can turn an enemy into a friend.
[X][Martial] Train Warriors: Your Warriors are all able fighters, but even the greatest warriors has to work to ensure they are not surpassed.
[X][Stewardship] Scavenge For Food: Without established farms and the defenses to ensure the Grimm don't taint your fields, your people must either forage for food or steal from other tribes. You'll do the former.
[X][Intrigue] Scout [Schloss Tribe]: You need to know more about one of the neighboring tribes. Send the scouts to learn all they can.
[X][Learning] Search for Dust: Atlas is a land known for it's excess of Dust, so there must be veins nearby which have erupted from the ground. If you find such a vein, your people will be able to harvest the Dust.

We do NOT need the other best dust user in the tribe hating us. I support this endeavor.

[X] Plan Inward Focus
-[X][Ambition] Get Married.
-[X][Focus] Seduction
-[X][Personal] Focus on Leading
-[X][Diplomacy] Befriend [Ikarus]
-[X][Martial] Start a Contest
-[X][Stewardship] Scavenge For Food
-[X][Intrigue] Assess [Ikarus]
-[X][Learning] Weave Dust

Back