Even if you removed the technological aspect of it, I'd still say the Atlas soldiers have the advantage due to the breath of knowledge they have, and the fact they are more efficient at training. Their training literally starts with the breaking down of the civilian and building back up of a soldier. At the most basic, I don't see raid focused Warriors being the attacking force, since a squad of soldiers would choose where to attack

Aaaaand just posed the question to a friend of mine who is in the Navy, and here's what I got as a response. "Honestly dude, tribal would probably win if they have the home field advantage.
They are probably used to fighting as small groups. If the modern day guys don't have a tech advantage, then they would probably lose.
A combat knife means nothing against a spear."

Thank you Kraig, my Navy friend stationed in Japan, for being my military consultant. Now here's a text sound which represents my foot in my mouth: [Censored]

You are correct for the active rules, but that's just one gameplay mechanic and one rule out of eighteen (or was it nineteen?). Anyway, the relationship between Ebon and Vulpina is (0/10) or "Meh." No strong feelings on either side.
ya I am a military history enthusiast and know my stuff on this for the most part. ;)

also ty for info!

remember Atlas's whole policy was "take the men off the field and put robots in their place for less loss of life." I can't see the average soldier being trained to any serious degree with that kind of a policy in their military. Would be a waste of money and effort.

Keep in mind that many (if not all) major military powers are currently exploring the use of drones to protect and support soldiers in the field, and still spend billions of dollars a year in training their troops, particularly the United States, which possesses one of the finest standing armies in the world with thousands of elite troops and has simultaneously brought us the Predator, Reaper and Global Hawk drones, as well as bomb-disposal robots and similar machines to fill other supporting positions, including possible four-legged drones used to carry weapons and ammunition across long distances. Using tech to protect the lives of soldiers in the field does not necessarily mean those soldiers are weaker: if anything, they may be even more highly-trained, since using drones as cannon-fodder and to carry out high-risk jobs means that one can expect to keep them for longer and thus investing more time and energy in them becomes prudent.

Furthermore, while I in no way wish to impeach the knowledge of @Raiu's friend Kraig, let me just say that a professional soldier given Western standards of training would likely be more than a match for, say, an ordinary tribesperson on a one-to-one basis. The professional has been given the time, education and resources necessary to harden them for combat and keep them in peak physical condition, with the expectation that they will fight full-time. By comparison, even our full-time warriors would lack the facilities and training provided to a modern soldier, and would also not have the sort of diet needed to keep themselves at top physical shape, living at the subsistence level as they do. The average Tony, Todd and Tucker would be even worse off.

Lastly, on the subject of removing the technological advantage; the discipline and organizational knowledge to fight effectively is also a part of military training, so even without their toys Atlesian soldiers would certainly possess a strong morale advantage against more ad-hoc forces. Close combat would seem to be the killing factor here, but I would disagree, as applying real-world standards of armament and weapons training to a place like Remnant is inaccurate. Even in our world soldiers are taught some amount of close-combat fighting techniques, usually involving grappling, knives and bayonet work. Keep in mind that we have canon evidence that Atlesian soldiers carry swords and can extrapolate that they are at least competently trained in their use- and since this training was constant and full-time, they may even be better trained in that capacity than our own warriors. There is, in my opinion, zero chance that a place as mad about melee weapons as Remnant has not drilled its soldiers in both ranged and close combat weaponry. As such, the supposed inferiorities of Atlas' troops are, in my opinion, being blown out of proportion or the product of speculation, while our own advantages are, in practice, hardly present at all, save for the luxuries of ambush and knowledge of the terrain common to every defending army.

That's my two cents. Anyway, you're not planning to make us fight zombified Atlesian soldiers, are you @Raiu?

Last edited:
Keep in mind that many (if not all) major military powers are currently exploring the use of drones to protect and support soldiers in the field, and still spend billions of dollars a year in training their troops, particularly the United States, which possesses one of the finest standing armies in the world with thousands of elite troops and has simultaneously brought us the Predator, Reaper and Global Hawk drones, as well as bomb-disposal robots and similar machines to fill other supporting positions, including possible four-legged drones used to carry weapons and ammunition across long distances. Using tech to protect the lives of soldiers in the field does not necessarily mean those soldiers are weaker: if anything, they may be even more highly-trained, since using drones as cannon-fodder and to carry out high-risk jobs means that one can expect to keep them for longer and thus investing more time and energy in them becomes prudent.

Furthermore, while I in no way wish to impeach the knowledge of @Raiu's friend Kraig, let me just say that a professional soldier given Western standards of training would likely be more than a match for, say, an ordinary tribesperson on a one-to-one basis. The professional has been given the time, education and resources necessary to harden them for combat and keep them in peak physical condition, with the expectation that they will fight full-time. By comparison, even our full-time warriors would lack the facilities and training provided to a modern soldier, and would also not have the sort of diet needed to keep themselves at top physical shape, living at the subsistence level as they do. The average Tony, Todd and Tucker would be even worse off.

Lastly, on the subject of removing the technological advantage; the discipline and organizational knowledge to fight effectively is also a part of military training, so even without their toys Atlesian soldiers would certainly possess a strong morale advantage against more ad-hoc forces. Close combat would seem to be the killing factor here, but I would disagree, as applying real-world standards of armament and weapons training to a place like Remnant is inaccurate. Even in our world soldiers are taught some amount of close-combat fighting techniques, usually involving grappling, knives and bayonet work. Keep in mind that we have canon evidence that Atlesian soldiers carry swords and can extrapolate that they are at least competently trained in their use- and since this training was constant and full-time, they may even be better trained in that capacity than our own warriors. There is, in my opinion, zero chance that a place as mad about melee weapons as Remnant has not drilled its soldiers in both ranged and close combat weaponry. As such, the supposed inferiorities of Atlas' troops are, in my opinion, being blown out of proportion or the product of speculation, while our own advantages are, in practice, hardly present at all, save for the luxuries of ambush and knowledge of the terrain common to every defending army.

That's my two cents. Anyway, you're not planning to make us fight zombified Atlesian soldiers, are you @Raiu?
your kidding me right? your comparing drones... to literal robot soldiers, giant robot mechs... and terminators? seriously? o_O (yes I count penny as a terminator, think about how powerful she is and the fact she is a sentient robot.)

also no... no modern soldiers in the west are NOT very skilled or experienced outside of the special forces... and in truth the average infantryman in the US is just that... average. most of the money USA spends goes towards the big stuff like the best infantry weapons, armed troop transports, tanks, jet fighters, stealth bombers, its ships, the special forces, nuclear weapons, etc. Not as much goes towards actually TRAINING those same troops, and ESPECIALLY not in close combat. I will agree US infantry is still pretty darn good at ranged combat and can be very fit... but that does not mean they are skilled in close combat as that requires training with actual weapons! You think a dinky little US combat knife is going to do shit against a sword, let alone any kind of remnant weapon?

No it isn't, the garbage you see where people cut through armor, or some retard with daggers cuts through dozens of guys with weapons of much longer reach is just that... garbage that you would never see actually happen. As for US troops armed with swords? What training do they have with those swords, do they even know how to thrust, parry, do a proper cut, etc? cause if not they might as well use a baseball bat.... it would be more effective.

Next your right, we train our troop... every weekday... but do you think people in that kind of era don't train every single day? hell for that matter, what else would they do? Modern troops would still play video games and shit, back in this era they don't have those, They spend most of their day training or hunting, or doing other such physically demanding exercise. They also don't eat junk food or dessert or any of that crap. So there goes the so called fitness advantage.

Finally... what? You think Atlas troops train more in melee combat than real world ones? OK first... they are in an era of peace in cannon where there are no human enemies. 2nd, did you see a single weapon on them in any scene they are shown in ever in the show? and no knifes would not be used as again no human enemies and do you think they are worth SHIT against the grimm?o_O So no they probably train even LESS than real life troops, as it is a TERRIBLE idea to get into melee combat with the grimm when you have guns and robots to do it for you... Fact is the only training they likely recieve in that matter is to try and put their gun in between them and the grimm and shoot.

so ya... you truly have no clue what your talking about... so please do actual research before adding your two cents or let people who do not base their knowledge off of movies and purely knowledge of real life modern armies most of which are special forces or reliant on vehicles. I won't deny that a real life soldier might have SOME kind of chance against us since I don't know if we have metal armor yet... if we do then they don't. However they would still be at a major disadvantage ESPECIALLY if they think like you that no one other than India, china and Japan ever practiced martial arts of any kind... because the western world actually has better weapon based martial arts than most eastern nations in reality, we just lack hand to hand combat in our history.

EDIT: Sorry if this comes off as rude, its not intended to, I'm just blunt. But ya when people comment and base their argument on stuff they have not properly researched and instead mostly on movies and the like... thats like my biggest pet peeve if you will.:oops: Especially when you are trying to correct someone who actually SERVES in the armed forced and probably knows more about this than most people... including both of us.

Last edited:
mwahhahhaahah

they have swords and pistols aswell
actually thats to thin to be a sword... if you look in the video, the thin "blade" of it, combined with the slight glow and the sheer size of the hilt suggest to me that is a stun baton, not a sword. Which makes a lot of sense given they were functioning a security personal they would likely need some non-lethal options in case of civilians or whatnot.

However the other two guards at the end do indeed have swords, though theirs if you notice have smaller hilts so my stun baton point still stands. Though given how long the last one lasted against CINDER of all people suggests that some of them have skill with a blade. Though given the others only lasted a moment, that suggests to me that it is not a required skill or at least not placed with high importance and that the final soldier was an exception to the rule rather than the rule itself. (perhaps he was even the commander of that small group which would explain his above average skill level.)

Though it is likely others have the same skill level I again highly doubt it is widespread in the atlasian army.

Last edited:
Alright, let's wrap this up. While your warriors are on a whole physically stronger than soldiers, they are chained to their PCS. Soldiers, on the other hand, are dealt with in Martial action terms.

Edit: Though, now you all see the power of Intrigue actions.

Now, it's going to be fun letting you all chose between a bad and worse option.

Last edited:
If it was a baton it should be more round and blunt the larger hilt was more because the sword is a mecha shift weapon to be more compact and allow easy carriability.
huh.... ok so I went to the actual site with the actual episode and re-watched the scene... and your right... weird I figured they would carry at least 1 non-lethal... in any case I blame the video quality of the you-tube version I was watching! it was one of the cinder vs ruby fight clips that included that... the quality was bad enough that the blade wasn't noticeable only the glowing fuller of the blade could be seen leading me to believe it was a stun baton. either way my other points still stand. The vast majority of the troops went down like nothing so the one exception to the rule is probably just way above average skill level possibly a sergeant or other type of commander.

huh.... ok so I went to the actual site with the actual episode and re-watched the scene... and your right... weird I figured they would carry at least 1 non-lethal... in any case I blame the video quality of the you-tube version I was watching! it was one of the cinder vs ruby fight clips that included that... the quality was bad enough that the blade wasn't noticeable only the glowing fuller of the blade could be seen leading me to believe it was a stun baton. either way my other points still stand. The vast majority of the troops went down like nothing so the one exception to the rule is probably just way above average skill level possibly a sergeant or other type of commander.
i never participate in arguements without 100% chance of victory.

I actually think Atlas soldiers are ranked by colors since yellow guys managed to fend off Cinder for a few seconds while blue guys were getting swarmed by Grimm they followed the red dudes orders.

Last edited:
i never participate in arguements without 100% chance of victory.

I actually think Atlas soldiers are ranked by colors since yellow guys managed to fend off Cinder for a few seconds while blue guys were getting swarmed by Grimm they followed the red dudes orders.
Well that is one theory, but the more likely one is that the colors signify their current duties or training. Red and blue were regular infantry, one color likely issued commands to the bots, yellows were only ever seen in guard duty, purples are air force, etc. the colors are only ever seen at specific times so that is the current working theory and the accepted one by the fandom. Plus think about it, not one single commander among the entirety of the guards on that tower? or among all the infantry commanders? not very realistic.

I think we're starting to get off track.

I may need to do another roll in that case.

Grimm Defense Calculation
I'm just going to pre-roll this, because it'll be an enlightening experience for all of you. This is a sneak peek at what happens after the results are posted. This is also the basic formula. There are many ways that this gets changed.

Defense Calculation: 1d100+StaticDefenses+TerrainAdvantages+WarriorResult=Defense Total
WarriorResult = ((WarriorAmount/10)*(WeaponryTechnology|1)) + WarriorTraining.

Grimm Offense: 1d100+(-1*Morale)+(MajorityGrimmType*HordeSize)+AttentionModifierDie

Defense Total: 62+5+0+4.5 = 71
Grimm Offense: 44+15+0+4 = 63

Defense Wins with 0 DoS for First Spring Month One. Casualty Roll is 1d10/2, limited to Warriors.
5 Warriors die in the defense of the tribe.
Grimm Attention increases by one step.

Edit: For the readers from the future, I've been modifying the formula a bit. At 0 DoS, the Casualty die can either be a d6 (Grimm win) or a d10/2 (Defense Win). With every DoS, the die size either goes up a step or down a step. If the Grimm score 4 DoS (which is enough to go from a d6 to a d20, the die is a d12 with a d6 attached to the rest of the tribe. Morale Shock (30) would kick in at that moment. So, yeah, dangerous.

Last edited:
So im pretty sure Grimm attention increases with negativity but do you calculate that by quality or quantity is 10 people that are sad more negative than a person that just lost everything and is suffering from Crippling depression? Also does aura amplify negativity since your soul has manifested physically?

Last edited:
Grimm Attention increases as Morale decreases, as Morale is where your tribe is on the negative-positive scale. It's not a matter of how much your people like you (that's what the popularity meters are), but rather how shitty their situation is. There are ways to tank your Morale, including running out of food, a lot of people dying all at once, bad omens, etc. There are always ways to increase your Morale, mostly through feasts and successful religious ceremonies, but also through exceptionally good raids, good omens, your tribe's situation suddenly improving, etc.

Grimm Attention increases as Morale decreases, as Morale is where your tribe is on the negative-positive scale. It's not a matter of how much your people like you (that's what the popularity meters are), but rather how shitty their situation is. There are ways to tank your Morale, including running out of food, a lot of people dying all at once, bad omens, etc. There are always ways to increase your Morale, mostly through feasts and successful religious ceremonies, but also through exceptionally good raids, good omens, your tribe's situation suddenly improving, etc.
in other words, the better we are doing the less grimm we need to deal with, but the worse we are doing the more grimm we have to deal with.... damn this could spiral out to be a very GOOD thing.... or a complete death cycle where we are wiped out completely and utterly.

in other words, the better we are doing the less grimm we need to deal with, but the worse we are doing the more grimm we have to deal with.... damn this could spiral out to be a very GOOD thing.... or a complete death cycle where we are wiped out completely and utterly.

And that's how Grimm work in general. It's my one criticism of the show's internal logic, since logically there would always have been so much bad blood that the humans and faunus should never have been able to gather in large numbers to found the kingdoms anyway. I suppose it's similar to LotR in that the concerns of reality take a back seat to an inspiring example of the goodness and resiliency of mortalkind, but I don't think that much thought was put into the actual consequences the Grimm would have before the timeframe of the show outside of Mountain Glenn.

Then again, I'm just cynical.

Last edited:

Unfortunately for you, I've mitigated the Hope Cycle by having Morale tend towards neutral through decay. No matter the heights your drive your civilization towards, there will always be a new normal. Consequently, introducing something great which completely changes your tribe for the better can be a bad thing, as now the tribe has a new standard to measure their life against, making them more susceptible to Morale Shock (a sudden shift in your people's morale). If you want to say it's unrealistic, then why are we, living in 2018 CE, not in a constant state of euphoria due to the advances we have made compared to people living in 2018 BCE?

The Hedonistic Treadmill is your third greatest enemy, after your Rivals and the Grimm.

The First of The First Spring, Turn 1 Results 1-2
[Ambition] Get Married.
[Focus] Leadership
[Personal] Attempt to Solve Disputes Peacefully: Even in this difficult times, or perhaps because of such times, your people still have countless quarrels of little import. Perhaps by solving some of those quarrels, you can improve your own Diplomacy. 20 (One roll to gain Diplomacy, TN: 11, 2 out of 20. No change.) Any change in Tribal popularity? 82. TN: 8. 10 out of 10.
[Diplomacy] Befriend [Diamant]: There is an old saying from the Before Times: "Keep your friends close and your enemies far away." Perhaps by improving one of your rival's opinion of you, you can turn an enemy into a friend. 27 + 11 - 30 (Opinion) = 8.
[Martial] Train Warriors: Your Warriors are all able fighters, but even the greatest warriors has to work to ensure they are not surpassed. 68 + 11 = 79 Exceptional Success.
[Stewardship] Scavenge For Food: Without established farms and the defenses to ensure the Grimm don't taint your fields, your people must either forage for food or steal from other tribes. You'll do the former. 79 + 9 = 88 A Delicious Success!
[Intrigue] Scout [Schloss Tribe]: You need to know more about one of the neighboring tribes. Send the scouts to learn all they can. 53 + 10 + 5 = 68 A Devious Success.
[Learning] Search for Dust: Atlas is a land known for it's excess of Dust, so there must be veins nearby which have erupted from the ground. If you find such a vein, your people will be able to harvest the Dust. 8 + 19 +10 (Knowledge of the Before Times) = 37 A Clean Success.

Everyone in the Schnee tribe has a duty. For some, their duty is to protect their tribesmen and attack other tribes to ensure the survival of their own. For more, it is to travel outside the barricade and find the resources to sustain the tribe. For a rare few, their duty was to the lives of those they led, ensuring they were spent wisely and well.

You were in the last group, but the entirety of the Schnee tribe was your charge. Those thousand strong souls were the ones who paved the way to your rule, and they were your currency, just like the tales of old. You would see your people grow, if only to offset the dangers of the winter months. There was a small voice in your head, however, which made you wonder if you should do so personally...

That would be a question for later, you decided. For now, you had work to do.

Your first task was the settling of grudges which had accumulated during the leadership of the last, purposefully forgotten Champion. The tribe had fractured over the idiot's rule, and if you were to stay ahead of your rivals, you would need to repair the bonds of your tribe.

While you are an able diplomat, some feuds were completely beyond your abilities. The feud between the Hatplain and McKormic clans was a remnant of your predecessor and well beyond your abilities. You are still not sure why they are feuding over promised land when the tribe was literally unable to claim said land.

Regardless, there were other, smaller feuds and disagreements to settle, all of which were well within your ability. A dispute on the outcome of a honor duel was settled and withdrawn by offering a second, but to the death. A feud involving a Warrior abusing his strength over a recently freed slave was healed by giving half the Warrior's ration of food to the slave, the standard punishment for an abusive spouse though there was no such connection between the two.

By the end of the month, while your tongue had not grown silvery, your tribesmen held you in higher respect due to your just ways.

Tribal popularity goes up by 1 to 9.

While you attempts to mend the divides within your tribe had found some success, you could not manage to bridge the divide between you and Diamant. Every time you attempted to approach her, your former friend was always occupied with something, usually private meetings with the Elders. You were the Champion of the tribe, but the Elders did not truly answer you. They were the spiritual heart of the tribe, and any meeting conducted with them in privacy could not be breached, even by you.

You dislike the thought your friend had grown to dislike you, but you can understand her frustration. The tribe had stolen the position the Elders had promised her, but you had no part in that matter. Still, you could do nothing unless she allowed you to talk. Hopefully she would be receptive later.

Diamant's Opinion of Coulbra changes to (???/10).

If your ex-best friend had purposefully avoided you, the Schnee Warriors had seen too much of you. While you weren't as great a warrior or leader as some of your rivals, when it came to the training of Warriors, you were a "Boss Bitch." You worked your Warriors hard, taking advantage of your scavenging parties to force your fighting men to fell and carry large trees.

By the end of the month's training, your Warriors are noticeably stronger, and hardier than usual. You also decided to make an arbitrary measurement of five to the wood gained, since an exact count would less useful. You've gained quite a bit this month.

Raids conducted within the next two months have a +25 modifier. Gain 5 Wood. Building Upgrade Costs Revealed. Stewardship Action Added: Send Logging Parties.

Speaking of the scavengers, you have never been anything but sufficient when it came to organization. While you have directed your mind towards doing the best you can at such, there are others who could no doubt do better.

This month, however, you were lucky. While the season of growth for plants had just began, wild game was plentiful, and your scavengers brought in a great bounty. While the food would not keep for long as the temperatures rose, at the very least your tribe's diet could move away from the preserved foods which remained from the winter.

Gain 3 Food. Food supply split into Preserved and Fresh. Current Supply: 3 Preserved Food, 3 Fresh Food. Fresh Food will decay if not preserved.

You turned your mind away from matters of your tribe and towards those of the others. The Schloss Tribe is the largest in the reason, effectively four tribes in the form of one. Your scouts have revealed much of the Schloss Tribe and the disparity within them. The largest camp is of the Schloss Tribe itself, and it's defenses are impressive. Well fortified, and placed on top of a clear cut hill, the Greater Schloss Camp is the only place in the Mantle Highlands where you can say Humans are living well. Humans hardly need to scavenge for food, drawing resources from the other three and from the Bauernhof Tribe. They spend their time building large structures, trying to create a spot to settle rather than searching for one. This is also where the greatest concentration of Faunus slaves reside, toiling for Erbauer's endless projects.

The second camp, the Lesser Schloss Camp, is led by Erbauer's son, Erbaut, and it is an extension of the Greater's will. Erbaut does not share his father's love of great structures, but he commands most of the Schloss' Warriors and Krieger Mercenaries. If Erbauer's camp represents the Schloss' beating heart, then Erbaut is the Schloss' Sword and Shield.

The third camp is the home of one of the Schloss' conquests, the Habens. The Habens were once a peaceful people, preferring to worship their ancestral gods. They were easily conquered by the Schloss and abandoned their ways, serving as the Schloss' gatherers. The Haben Camp pulls in the most food and resources of all the Schloss camps, but it is far less defended than the prior two.

The fourth and final camp is the Tarenti Camp, a much more recent conquest of Erbauer. While the other camps have specialized in one way or another, the Tarenti Camp has yet to be greatly changed. In terms of defenses they are roughly equal to your own, but they have their own uniqueness. Before their defeat, the Tarenti were the only rider of horses in the Mantle Highlands, and though Erbaut often attempts to train his own horse riders, this unique resource has stubbornly refused to cooperate. Your scouts managed to gather rumors as well. It seems the Tarenti chafe under Schloss rule. While working with Humans is never... traditional, perhaps the Tarenti are a gap in the Schloss' armor.

Your scouts also report they saw something massive being built in the Greater Schloss tribe, but they have seen little more than foundations. They are not sure what they could be making.

The Schloss are beginning the construction of something, but they do not know what. Raids on Schloss gain a +15 for 3 turns. Defenses of Greater and Lesswe Schloss Camps: -60 to Raids. Defense of Haben Camp: -30. Defense of Tarenti Camp: -15.

Dust is a sacred object in the Schnee Tribe, and while you don't give a damn about the religion of the Elders, you will admit Dust has it's own mystical scent. Using the shell of a Solitary Turtle, you frequently cast three Coins from the Before Times in your search for a Dust Vein. Every casting, however, did not lead you closer to a valuable Vein of Dust, but the Coins did lead you to the remains of a strange Before Times object.

The object was rusted, but from the vague markings you saw it was called a Mu-Stag, and it must have been an object of some importance, as it resided at the center of a long strip of black ground. Much of it's worth had been stripped away by scavengers and the march of time, but in between a set of rotting, yet strangely comfortable seats, you found a small Green Dust Crystal, You were not surprised by it's location, as it had been lodged deep within the cushions.

Gain a Small Green Dust Crystal.

[Ambition] Get Married.
[Focus] Leadership
[Personal] Attempt to Solve Disputes Peacefully: Even in this difficult times, or perhaps because of such times, your people still have countless quarrels of little import. Perhaps by solving some of those quarrels, you can improve your own Diplomacy.
[Diplomacy] Befriend [Diamant]: There is an old saying from the Before Times: "Keep your friends close and your enemies far away." Perhaps by improving one of your rival's opinion of you, you can turn an enemy into a friend.
[Martial] Train Warriors: Your Warriors are all able fighters, but even the greatest warriors has to work to ensure they are not surpassed.
[Stewardship] Scavenge For Food: Without established farms and the defenses to ensure the Grimm don't taint your fields, your people must either forage for food or steal from other tribes. You'll do the former.
[Intrigue] Scout [Schloss Tribe]: You need to know more about one of the neighboring tribes. Send the scouts to learn all they can.
[Learning] Search for Dust: Atlas is a land known for it's excess of Dust, so there must be veins nearby which have erupted from the ground. If you find such a vein, your people will be able to harvest the Dust.

There was one absolute rule in the Schnee Tribal Law: the Election's results are absolute. No one could take the title of Champion, or unilaterally command the tribe but those who had been chosen by the people. This fact meant you couldn't just hand the title off to Dia, no matter how much you wanted to. Elder of Elders Natalius confirmed this in private, moments after the Election. The scrolls which held the oldest writings of the tribe prohibited such transfers specifically. Diamant would need to win an Election against you to become Champion.

So, that was terrible news, but in the mean time you had a tribe to keep from being killed, food stores which will barely hold out through the spring, countless disputes and a friend to try and explain things to.

'Well, when I break it down it's not terribly bad. Let's just try to take things month by month.'

Before you could set things right with Dia, however, you needed to fix the damage the Traitor had done to the tribe's social life. So many grudges, disputes, feuds, and disagreements had gone unresolved, your first task was to remedy these ills. In your personal opinion, you were a rather able diplomat.

There were some feuds which you were utterly unable to resolve, particularly the feud between the Hatplain and McKormic families. In the case of the two families, however, this feud stretched back five centuries, and it was over an orchard which the tribe never had the ability to claim. The entire hearing was just a public airing of grievances, complaints, and becoming the next best thing to music when it came to tribal entertainment. Still, you managed to extract an oath from the family heads to keep their feud from drawing blood, and out of the Warriors entirely.

Beyond the Hotplains and McKormics, managing the difficulties of the tribe seemed to strengthen your position, much to your chagrin.

Tribal popularity goes up by 1 to 9. Diplomacy unchanged.

While the people seemed eager to meet with their new Champion, meeting with your best friend proved to be a far more difficult affair. The difficulty came not from your schedule, as you ensured you always had time to talk with her. Nor, for that matter, did it lie in a lack of trying, for you had searched for her every day for the thirty days of the month. No, the problem was Diamant did not want to see you.

Every time you had gone to meet with Diamant, she would be engaged in some activity which kept you from seeing her. A meeting with the Elders here, a rallying of her supporters there, and private lessons with your students as she was given your former position of Dust Weaver. This last excuse was rather painful, driving home the growing isolation you were beginning to suspect was inherent in the position of Champion.

You weren't lonely, not by any stretch of the word, for powerful men and women from the tribe met with you daily. You were surrounded by people almost constantly, be they bodyguards, supplicants, or curious tribesmen. Yet, there was no one who you could call an equal, a peer, a friend who you could talk to as a friend. In conversations, you were not Co. You were Champion, Leader, Former Dust Weaver. Never something as familiar and casual as Co.

When you were truly alone, you just wished Dia would talk to you, at the very least see you. You would be less starved for normal Faunus contact then.

Diamant's Opinion of Colubra has changed to (?/10).

Perhaps it was your frustrations over a failing friendship, so you trained the Warriors to complete exhaustion. Perhaps it was spite for Ebon and Vulpina's failed power move, so the Warriors went to the world outside the walls every day, felling trees and dragging them back behind the walls. Perhaps it was fear your Warriors would not be ready to defend the tribe, so you had them spar constantly.

Or maybe, just maybe, you liked watching people sweat and exhaust themselves after far longer than your thin physique would ever allow. 'Hmm... No, nothing as shallow as that.' You thought, watching a pair of glistening Warriors wrestle the other to the ground, muscles struggling to overcome the other. "I'm just making sure we're ready just in case something happens." You said to yourself, sitting on one of the logs you had the Warriors drag into the camp. "And if Dia doesn't want to see me, that's her own decision."

"Um... Champion?" One of your bodyguards was looking at you, and you blinked.

"Oops. Thought outloud there." You put up a placating hand. "Forget about it. The warm weather we're having makes me ramble a little."

Raids conducted within the next two months have a +25 modifier. Gain 5 Wood. Building Upgrade Costs Revealed. Stewardship Action Added: Send Logging Parties.

While you put the Warriors to work carrying trees, you often saw the scavengers, the light footed "meatwinners" of the tribe. Many of these young men and women were those who had failed the Contest by a bare margin, only one step away from becoming a Warrior. They had earned the right to go outside the wall, bringing back the food the tribe needed to survive.

Unlike the Warriors, to the scavengers you were "off-handed" as the Old World saying went. Besides a token guard of Warriors, you let the scavengers do as they would, trusting them to do what they had to do. Indeed, they did more than you had hoped for, bringing down enough wild ice-hogs with their wooden throwing spears to feed the tribe for a month!

Sure, the season was wrong to find berries, no doubt your people would enjoy a meal which wasn't just pemmican. Besides, dried meat could be supplemented with supplies from the other tribes in the area, if needed. For now, you're quite happy to not need to eat any more of that damned pemmican.

Gain 3 Food. Food supply split into Preserved and Fresh. Current Supply: 3 Preserved Food, 3 Fresh Food. Fresh Food will decay if not preserved.

While you were out supervising the Warriors, you had happened upon a strange sight. You emerged from the forest into a long clearing, one wide enough to fit the entire tribe and stretching from horizon to horizon. In the center of the clearing, snaking from one end to the other, was a hard, black, stone-like material which formed a flat surface. You had heard of such a sight: a Woad, a path which was used in the Old World to transport goods using strange, mystical machines known as Kars.

As luck would have it, you found one such Kar, it's muzzle buried into the hard dividing wall, every inch of it's bright yellow exterior torn by massive claws. The Kar had died long ago, but you saw lettering on the side as you approached. The letters "Mu" and "Sta" were clearly visible, though the tearing cut through the letters, though you believe you saw something which almost resembled a "K" and a "G". Some simple deduction lead to your discovery of the Kar's name: "Musk Stag."

You looked around, finding the Warriors you had supervised applying their bronze axes to nearby trees, the closest well out of earshot for a normal tone of voice. You gazed at Musk Stag, knowing you would likely fail. So long had passed there would be no logical way for the Kar to still be alive. And yet, your coins had spoken of something special occurring today, and it ever hurt to try.

"Musk Stag." You spoke, directing your voice towards the Kar. "Musk Stag." You intoned again, watching for the slightest sign of movement. You drew in a breath, finishing the ritual of summoning with your third intonation, "Musk Stag." The ritual complete, you waited.

If the ritual worked, you would have known in but a few heart beats. Unfortunately, the heart beats dragged into moments, into discernible time. The Kar was dead, utterly dead, and you would not have such a prize today. Not surprising, even the Reclaimers of Atlas did not have a working Kar.

Berating yourself for your foolishness, you turned to speak with your warriors when a strong gust of wind nearly blew you over. The wind caused the rear of Musk Stag to open, revealing a rotting box. Perhaps there had been some small spark within Musk Stag, too small to awaken it's frame, but strong enough to give an apology.

Within the rotting box, you found a Green Dust Crystal, Nerthus' Howling, Wind Dust. It was slightly larger than the size of your hand, It was a true Dust Crystal, and you held it tightly. The first Dust Crystal you had found personally. Oh the things you could weave it into.

Trusting in serendipity, you nodded towards Musk Stag, a small gift of thanks. It had given you a sacred object in the tribe's eye, and a very useful one in your own eyes. Thanks was the least you could give.

Green Dust Crystal found.

To the end of your first of hopefully few months as Champion, you had charged the scouts with learning all they could of the strongest tribe in the Mantle Highlands: the Schloss.

To say the Schloss were large would be understating the point. The entire tribe encompassed four camps, two of which held tribes which were forced into accepting Schloss rule.

Nearly all Schloss camps had the intimidating sheer white walls, but the home of the Schloss, called the Greater Schloss Camp, took to defense far greater than any settled tribe. Encompassing a clear cut hill with ever more layers of walls, the Greater Camp served as the focal point of Erbauer's endless construction projects. In other words, this was where the Schloss' slaves were kept, Faunus being worked to death in order to make yet another grand structure... The thought made you sick to your stomach. The fact something even larger was being made at the crest of the hill did not fill you with confidence.

The second camp of the Schloss, the Lesser Schloss Camp, was not a testament to an insane builder, but rather to a warhawk. The Lesser camp was ringed by two walls, spaced as to thwart any Grimm or raiders who climbed the walls. Beyond the twin walls was a camp comprised mostly of Warriors, making the Lesser camp the Schloss' Shield. The Shield was held by Erbaunt, the son of Erbauer, and you knew the Schloss had dealing with Kreiger Mercenaries. The Lesser camp would be where they were most likely stationed. There were slaves there, yes, but they were so few in numbers it would be hard to justify a raid. If you would lose more than you would save, then you weren't being heroic, you were being an idiot.

The third camp, and the first of the conquered, the Haben Camp. From the annals, you knew the Habens to once have been a tribe focused on the worship of their ancestor gods. Since their conquest by the Schloss generations ago, they have become Schloss in all but name. They did not even have their own leader, serving Erbauer as a camp of foresters and scavengers. This was where most of the wood came from for the Schloss building, though where they found the stone you could not be certain.

Finally, the last of the conquered was the Tarenti, a tribe which, until a year ago, had been free to come and go from the Mantle Highlands. A nomadic tribe, the Tarenti were the only tribe to raise horses, which made them a valuable jewel in Erbauer's ring. They put to death most of the adults of the tribe, leaving little more than children and firstborns. They are lead, in servitude, by Alexander, the former Champion's son.

With this information, you felt slightly more prepared, though prepared for what, you were unsure. If nothing else, you know about the tribe's greatest threat. The fact had to account for something.

The Schloss are beginning the construction of something, but the scouts don't know what. Raids on Schloss gain a +15 for 3 turns. Defenses of Greater and Less Schloss Camps: -60 to Raids. Defense of Haben Camp: -30. Defense of Tarenti Camp: -15.

Last edited:
Just gonna lay down current known voting rules
1. Only vote for the plan name or your vote doesn't Count (the exception is if your the one who constructed the plan)
2. Any Non-Traditional actions causes the votes value to be halved do to Colubras nature as a free faunus
(1 Traditional vote=1, 1 Non-Traditional vote=1/2)

Last edited:
Back