What should your focus for the rest of the Quest be?

• Total voters
Voting is open
Allow me to clarify what I'm kinda imagining for the next 3-4 turns

This Turn:

[] Plan: We have to build ships, and now we're an action behind
-[] [Military] Fill Out Sector Battle Group
--[] Minotaur (1/3) x2
-[] [General] Voxx Primus Population Crisis Preparations
--[] Evacuation Fleets - (0/4.5)

Next Turn
1x SBG, 1x Evac Fleet, 1x Additional Action

Turn 3:
1x SBG, 1x Evac Fleet, 1x Megafreighter Infil

Turn 4:

1x SBG (complete, or we can do the regular build action with the full Kil'drabi set, which is, like, 10 FP more efficient I believe, so we could buy a few random ships at a slight action discount), 1x Evac Fleet (now at 4/4.5), 1x Song (Combat Song maybe)
Hmm. I'd rather we start infiltrating the freighters early. The earlier we start, the more they'll have time to infiltrate and be successful.

Okay, so the risk didn't pay off. That sucks, but now we have to live with it.

@HeroCooky , how's the Defense Station stuff going? I know it added the time, but in general?

--[] Minotaur (1/3) x2
Think you can fit in extending our Infiltration to the Echisch system in subsector Breskal so we have a point to reinforce between the duchy and the Hiveworld+critical Agria world?

@HeroCooky
Would trying to infiltrating the fleets (so we hopefully have to fight fewer ships) be ok or below level of abstraction?

Hmm. I'd rather we start infiltrating the freighters early. The earlier we start, the more they'll have time to infiltrate and be successful.

Sure, but the Additional Action takes priority and we're comically behind on the shipbuilding. The good news, or at least I'm currently squinting at the screen trying to figure out if there's some way we could use the Automatic Destroyers to save an action somewhere, because that 4.5 is awkward as hell...

... Are we just writing off getting the freighter infiltration now? That feels to me to be higher priority than having Minotaur online a turn or two earlier. Given how Infil benefits the most from time to cook.

Could we get that started this turn than and just slow roll Minotaur another turn? This is something that requires more time to cook.

I feel like we're in a situation where one good roll on their part for discovering us or etc could bring up the timetable by a decade, which would be enough to screw us if we keep on, with absolute abandon and reckless disregard, forgetting that we in fact need to have the SBGs to make this possible.

The Civ Fleet is CAPABLE of replacing the Megafreighters if we don't get all of them (though I obviously hope we get all of them.)

I feel like we're in a situation where one good roll on their part for discovering us or etc could bring up the timetable by a decade, which would be enough to screw us if we keep on, with absolute abandon and reckless disregard, forgetting that we in fact need to have the SBGs to make this possible.

The Civ Fleet is CAPABLE of replacing the Megafreighters if we don't get all of them (though I obviously hope we get all of them.)

We were told the civ fleet is neccessary to supplement the Megafreighters, and if we miss them it's going to be nasty.

I still maintain that we definitely should research further improvements to our space and ground military. Thankfully, with our banked research, we only need one single action to get both of the following:

-[] Expanded Snapshot Cogitation Improvements and Tetratek ARc Cannonade
(Gain: Missiles have increased Breakthrough against Hostile AM-Systems and Tetratek Advanced-Reach (Grade c) Cannonade Ship Weapon (4 DP).)
-[] Novel Infantry-Grade Weapons and Armor Development
(Gain: Infantry Weapons and Armor Upgrades.)

The first is a must-have. Our fleet relies very heavily on missiles, so better missiles that get past enemy AM defenses is a huge power multiplier - hell, it might be more useful than an extra SBG. As for the Tetratek, well, our forces on the ground will need help from ortillery.
As for the second... better weapons and armor will reduce our troop losses, and we're gonna suffer massive troop losses in this war.

We were told the civ fleet is neccessary to supplement the Megafreighters, and if we miss them it's going to be nasty.

Well yeah, it's not that it isn't important, it's that if we don't have the SBGs ready (say, if things pop off a turn early) then we just lose. Not, "We face a humanitarian tragedy" which is terrible but, "We just lose."

I was PLANNING on probably/maybe doing Freighters this turn.

...and then the gambit won.

If we don't have the SBGs ready then all of this infiltration we are doing will be worthless

This.

Alright, well not every one can be as much of a winner.

Allow me to clarify what I'm kinda imagining for the next 3-4 turns

This Turn:

--[] Minotaur (1/3) x2

Next Turn
1x SBG, 1x Evac Fleet, 1x Additional Action

Turn 3:
1x SBG, 1x Evac Fleet, 1x Megafreighter Infil

Turn 4:

1x SBG (complete, or we can do the regular build action with the full Kil'drabi set, which is, like, 10 FP more efficient I believe, so we could buy a few random ships at a slight action discount), 1x Evac Fleet (now at 4/4.5), 1x Song (Combat Song maybe)
Yup. Time to get cranking on those ships.

I'm not sure we should push the meafreighter infil back that far, though it might not matter. It doesn't count as slowing down the Voxx timer unfortunately.

On that note we probably want to plan to do the very last ever Voxx infiltration write-in in a few turns. What should the focus be? Getting to the nobles so we can kill them all in the initial attack? Same but for the PDF generals (who seem annoyingly competent)? Getting access to the knife ships or whatever the big one that's staying in dock is.

Alright, well not every one can be as much of a winner.

Yup. Time to get cranking on those ships.

I'm not sure we should push the meafreighter infil back that far, though it might not matter. It doesn't count as slowing down the Voxx timer unfortunately.

On that note we probably want to plan to do the very last ever Voxx infiltration write-in in a few turns. What should the focus be? Getting to the nobles so we can kill them all in the initial attack? Same but for the PDF generals (who seem annoyingly competent)? Getting access to the knife ships or whatever the big one that's staying in dock is.

Y'know what? I think, what about this:

This Turn:

--[] Minotaur (1/3) x2
---[] They are to stay in the sector behind Ultima Sigritta for now, to decrease the chances of Scouts discovering a build-up
-[] Switch from Lupus-Class Destroyers for the Automatic Destroyer Production, to Rustbuckets

Next Turn
1x SBG, 1x Freighter Infil, 1x Additional Action

Turn 3:
1x SBG, 2x Evac Fleet

Turn 4:

Last edited:
We might be able to get that half point with a normal build because of our accumulating FP? The METER is almost halfway full even now and should be almost bursting by then.

This counts as a Voxx action that delays the day we get detected by a turn, gives us a better idea what our fleets will be facing and will make raising more armies cheaper(more SAG's per action)

[] Plan improved logistics
-[] Logistical Infantry-Grade Weapons Development (0/2) x2
-[] Logicstical Infantry-Grade Armor Development (0/2) x2(one from free research)
-[] Free Duchy Shipwreck And Battle Studies(from banked research)

A build using the SBG is 1.6x a regular action, so if we are above 48 x 0.6 = 28.8 banked constriction using the action is more effective but we could wait a few more turn as it maxes out at 40

Last edited:
We might be able to get that half point with a normal build because of our accumulating FP? The METER is almost halfway full even now and should be almost bursting by then.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking we might be able to do, which is why I am switching our Automatic building to Rustbuckets for a turn. To edge closer to that half-point as much as we are able.

Legit going to be glad when this shit ends. Like fuck give me a war at this point. This infiltration has drained so many resources, discussion and time and frankly I hate we ever even started this but here the fuck we are. Like we better win this shit because holy every turn has been like this

@HeroCooky I am assuming the research we did led to nothing substantial enough to make changes?

I like to fit in a ship design action before we complete a SBG containing
-4/10 improved Andromeda(maxed acceleration, shields and armor, Enhanced Strategium and supply/manufactory with any remaining points( i think the acceleration boost matters the most)
-2/10 improved Crux(has 6+ DP we can spend on BESH Missile Store and other upgrades
-1/10 A destroyer sized mine layer
-1/10 A destroyer sized Aid ship(Tiny Mobile Civilian Manufactory)

-2/10 A stealth Frigate that has boarding shuttles instead of a troop compartment
OR
-2/10 A stealth Frigate that has a Light Teleportarium instead of a troop compartment and supply generation

--[] Minotaur (1/3) x2
---[] They are to stay in the Perfindia System in order to decrease the chance of a build-up being noticed.
-[] Switch from Lupus-Class Destroyers for the Automatic Destroyer Production, to Rustbuckets

Updated the plan. @HeroCooky , I assume that any Scouts they're sending are either destroyed or fleeing in system?

...I mean, for all that they're not Imperials, I kinda have to believe that they might be sending Scouts anyway just to check, "Yep, still killing us" or whatnot.

[ ] Plan Covering Each Base
-[ ] [General] Voxx Primus Population Crisis Preparations
--[ ] Evacuation Fleets - (0/4.5)
-[ ] [General] Research:
--[ ] Expanded Snapshot Cogitation Improvements and Tetratek ARc Cannonade
(Gain: Missiles have increased Breakthrough against Hostile AM-Systems and Tetratek Advanced-Reach (Grade c) Cannonade Ship Weapon (4 DP).)
--[ ] Novel Infantry-Grade Weapons and Armor Development (free research)
-[ ] [Military] Fill Out Sector Battle Group
--[ ] Minotaur (1/3)

We need further SBGs. This puts us one action away from completing the 4th.
We need an evacuation fleet. This puts closer to completing it.
We need to be able to actually win. The research actions will give a significant qualitative boost to our space and ground forces.

-[ ] [General] Research:
--[ ] Minotaur (1/3)

We need further SBGs. This puts us one action away from completing the 4th.
We need an evacuation fleet. This puts closer to completing it.
We need to be able to actually win. The research actions will give a significant qualitative boost to our space and ground forces.

TBH, I'd rather we do Logistical Infantry if we had to do a research right now, since getting both of those would count as an Extra Action pushing the clock back. The longer we drag it out, the better off we'll be.

-[ ] [General] Research:
--[ ] Minotaur (1/3)

Finally a sensible plan. Glad you're going for the Novel weapons and armor. Should make our SAGs overall more effective for the war, and help our infiltrators last a bit longer.

TBH, I'd rather we do Logistical Infantry if we had to do a research right now, since getting both of those would count as an Extra Action pushing the clock back. The longer we drag it out, the better off we'll be.
I don't disagree on wanting to drag things out. Especially since our current plans are (unreasonably?) dependent on terraformation.
But I also want to limit how many billions of our people die in a decades-long hellish slog of urban warfare. Frankly, I expect the culture of the Federation to be at least as traumatized by the Voxx war as Europe was by the trenches of WWI.

Voting is open
Back