What should your focus for the rest of the Quest be?

• Total voters
Voting is open
To clear some things up.

I, actually, do know what I am doing, thank you very much. You do have time to explore stuff, the problem is that you are apparently under the impression that you need to annihilate Van Zandt in a Death War instead of making yourself look too strong to attack. You can do that, by the way. Just park two BSGs next to them and blow up any scouts that come your way. They ain't gonna keep throwing ships away if you do that.

As for the Psykers getting noticed, yes. That is what happens if you send 25 Psykers capable of using the Warp to collectively fry a Battleship to a crisp in exchange for their lives to unto a planet of a nation that goes: "Fuck Insurgents This Turn." Tell 'em to lay low, slot in the Grounding Melody, and you will be able to avoid the danger until people grow bored.

The first one cuts this in half. The next cuts it in half again.

-2 Void. It is per, not total.

Because people told me to replace it with an Auto-Ticker. I can add it back if requested. That doesn't cost me anything, ya know?
The latter.

I just... suggested that it might make sense because they're an autonomous organization?

Honestly, if we work out in-character that the Choir has been found out, we *could*, as distasteful as it might be, sacrifice the ones in that specific Hive to make the Imperials think they've dealt with the problem without compromising the entire operation

Sucks to burn an asset, both pragmatically and morally, but sometime you gotta do what you gotta do, and I'm sure our people are willing to make the sacrifice for the good of the whole op.

Or just do what Cooky suggested lol. QM Ninja.

It could be because the usual rogue Psykers use the Warp in very specific/untrained ways and have a different "flavor" of Warp powers, whereas our Choirs are noticeably different.

Most Psykers AFAIK don't have access to Rejuvenat as we do, so for them having lived their entire lives there and suddenly encountering something new, it'd make them interested enough to investigate.

Maybe mix in the effects of A Hand to Hold the Candle, A Hand to Guide the Sword, A Mouth to Sing the Hymns, Two Feet to March against the Dark, and Eyes to See the Star Child's Light, and you could pretty easily spot a Choir through the Warp if they don't hide themselves.

Last edited:
Or, you know.

[ ] Plan: Damage Control
-[] [General] Research
--[] Shipyard Automatization
-[] [Psykana] Conduct Two Melodies (Choose two below.) (0.2/1 - Auto Complete) - [Choose Melody]
--[ ] Silence, Grounding
-[] [Military] Militarize The Schools Of Paladins
-[] [Non Action]
Warn our assets in Voxx Primus to go to ground until the heat dies down,

Is this viable @HeroCooky ? Or do we need a full action to Kansas City Shuffle our assets down in VP?

I'm gonna be campaigning for Destroyer Automation now, alongside...hm, I wanna get the Silence and Grounding melodies, and use those to help our Choirs go to ground on Vox. Can we do the 'tell the people on Vox to go silent' thing as a Free Action @HeroCooky ? If so, then I'd say finish filling out Battlegroup Sphinx with the last action.

[] Plan: Build up, Laying Low, and Automation
-[] [Military] Fill Out Sector Battle Group
--[] Sphinx .5/.5
--[] Werewolf .5/3.5
-[] [Psykana] Conduct Two Melodies (Choose two below.) (0.2/1 - Auto Complete) - [Choose Melody]
--[] Silence
--[] Grounding
-[] [General] Research:
-[] [Free Action] Voxx Primus: Tell the Choirs and our faction on Voxx Primus to lay low for the time being.

[] Plan: Triage
-[] [Psykana] Conduct Two Melodies--Grounding and Silence
--[] Sphinx (0/0.5), Overflow to Werewolf
--[] Assign it to Ultima Sigritta
-[] [
[Voxx Primus] The work done by the Choirs thus far has been exemplery, and without even having being noticed by the powers that be, (so far as we can tell!) Deliver/transmit medals of valor and heroism for their saving of hundreds of souls, whether by death or taking them under their wing, and have them continue to focus on hiding one's forces (teaching them the new Melodies, of course) and using Perception as well, in order to prepare the ground for future actions without drawing attention.

Or, you know.

-[] [General] Research
--[ ] Silence, Grounding
-[] [Non Action]

Is this viable @HeroCooky ? Or do we need a full action to Kansas City Shuffle our assets down in VP?

Shipyard Automation is also a good choice, but HeroCooky did say that two BSGs in Ultima Sigritta would probably have them fucking off for now if they do send scouts.

Or, you know.

-[] [General] Research
--[ ] Silence, Grounding
-[] [Non Action]

Lol

Basically exactly what I was thinking Alectai

[] Plan: Triage
-[] [Psykana] Conduct Two Melodies--Grounding and Silence
--[] Sphinx (0/0.5), Overflow to Werewolf
--[] Assign it to Ultima Sigritta
-[] [
[Voxx Primus] The work done by the Choirs thus far has been exemplery, and without even having being noticed by the powers that be, (so far as we can tell!) Deliver/transmit medals of valor and heroism for their saving of hundreds of souls, whether by death or taking them under their wing, and have them continue to focus on hiding one's forces (teaching them the new Melodies, of course) and using Perception as well, in order to prepare the ground for future actions without drawing attention.

Shipyard Automation is also a good choice, but HeroCooky did say that two BSGs in Ultima Sigritta would probably have them fucking off for now if they do send scouts.
Assigning Battlegroup Sphinx and Centaur should be enough to at least give them second thoughts. Sphinx is only missing 4 carriers so 1 SBG and most of another SBG should be close enough for our purposes.

To clear some things up.

I, actually, do know what I am doing, thank you very much. You do have time to explore stuff, the problem is that you are apparently under the impression that you need to annihilate Van Zandt in a Death War instead of making yourself look too strong to attack. You can do that, by the way. Just park two BSGs next to them and blow up any scouts that come your way. They ain't gonna keep throwing ships away if you do that.

As for the Psykers getting noticed, yes. That is what happens if you send 25 Psykers capable of using the Warp to collectively fry a Battleship to a crisp in exchange for their lives to unto a planet of a nation that goes: "Fuck Insurgents This Turn." Tell 'em to lay low, slot in the Grounding Melody, and you will be able to avoid the danger until people grow bored.

The first one cuts this in half. The next cuts it in half again.

-2 Void. It is per, not total.

Because people told me to replace it with an Auto-Ticker. I can add it back if requested. That doesn't cost me anything, ya know?
The latter.

As usual then, everyone is panicking and the shouldn't be. We've toughened up ultima siggrata, we're going to plonk another battlegroup there, that should hold them off long enough for our Society Building spec to out-build them.

We tell the Choir to fucking hide, and maybe direct the local psyker hunters to one of the more chaos-y bunches of psykers. Then get the autmization ticking (which I have been asking for for a while) and go back to building and colonizing.

Everyone needs to stop freaking out a bit.

[] Plan: Build up, Laying Low, and Automation

Yeah. That's good.

Last edited:
I just... suggested that it might make sense because they're an autonomous organization?
Yeah, but there were other people who chimed in.
Honestly, if we work out in-character that the Choir has been found out, we *could*, as distasteful as it might be, sacrifice the ones in that specific Hive to make the Imperials think they've dealt with the problem without compromising the entire operation
You could also, I don't know, do this?
-[] Free Action: If our efforts in subverting Voxx Primus are detected due to our Choirs getting noticed in the Warp, tell 'em to lay low and point one of the dozen hanger-on gangs at some nearby Psykers unwilling to become a part of the Celestial Choir. When they are dead, have the gangers deliver the Psykers to local Arbites or Ecclesiarchy to sell their bodies and evidence of their psyker nature for cash or goods. Then do nothing but silently listen for a decade or two.
Or, you know.

-[] [General] Research
--[ ] Silence, Grounding
-[] [Non Action]

Yeah, you can do that.
Can we do the 'tell the people on Vox to go silent' thing as a Free Action @HeroCooky ?
...hmm, it might be a free action? We do have full communication thanks to the Choirs, right, @HeroCooky ?

Can we teach people Melodies via Text Message/etc?
See above.

...also, now I have the image of some Psykers learning how to perform complex psychic rituals by reading emoji cat-speak chat messages. :V

Can we do that?
You are up to around ~110 million people, with gangs slowly starting to flock to your banner for food, guns, and safety. And the sent Choirs have not noticed that they were noticed, that is another Melody. They have noticed several hundred Psykers (only 11 were of Choir Quality) and took them under their wings or put a few hundred rounds through their bodies.
After all, we have no reason to assume that we're detected.

But the plan that won did tell them to lie low and to avoid being detected.

From the cooler headed part of the thread:
Please don't. Just let tempers calm down a bit until people get back to thinking with logic, not passion.
And sorry for people being confrontational right now.

Like, the QM intentionally removing even the ability to choose to build the Blazing Suns War Packs (now that we know there's no automatic option worth bothering with) honestly feels more like spite than anything else.
No. That is not what the action means.

Actions spend still give us War Packs as before, just that now it is formatted to give us an idea how long until we are full. And have auto progress.

Also, I'll admit to a little schadenfreude at other people being the ones to freak out for once while I was more "Well, I mean, I was expecting this to happen but not this soon" :p

But that's over and done with now, let's come together to resolve our issues as a team!

So it is a joke. Okay. Thanks.

Like, you know what you're doing. We've played the entire game in action economy hell. We barely have time to explore anything. Write-ins tend to go well, except when we've apparently compromised our entire mission and might as well not have bothered going to Voxx Primus at all, apparently!
yet we're still in the grassroots in the ignorable parts that aren't productive and are explicitly not actively infiltrating anything important and they instantly deduce there's an entire cabal of Rogue Psykers and exactly where they are, before they've even done anything serious?
It's b/c the more powerful the Psyker, the more they stand out to others with Witchsight, and those that are part of a Choir are pretty damn powerful, like at least Gamma or Delta level. And we sent 25 of them all to one place.

What none of us expected was that the Van Zandt Dynasty had their own Psyker institutions, but then again, if you run a Hive world for Hundreds of years, you have to have some way to handle Psykers or you have a Daemon world. And if you can't detect dozens of VERY powerful psykers in one place, you're pretty much fucked.

If we go with the detterent option, wouldn't it make sense to cut Vox Primus lose and focus our actions elsewhere?

Because if we're aiming for detente, then having a massive, detectable subversion of enemy territority is a giant nuclear landmine under any and all relations.

If we go with the detterent option, wouldn't it make sense to cut Vox Primus lose and focus our actions elsewhere?

Because if we're aiming for detente, then having a massive, detectable subversion of enemy territority is a giant nuclear landmine under any and all relations.
Detente yes but our government has like ideological reasons to hate them. Also players have spend like a lot of actions on it and I doubt they want to stop now.

You could also, I don't know, do this?
-[] Free Action: If our efforts in subverting Voxx Primus are detected due to our Choirs getting noticed in the Warp, tell 'em to lay low and point one of the dozen hanger-on gangs at some nearby Psykers unwilling to become a part of the Celestial Choir. When they are dead, have the gangers deliver the Psykers to local Arbites or Ecclesiarchy to sell their bodies and evidence of their psyker nature for cash or goods. Then do nothing but silently listen for a decade or two.

Pretty much my suggestion.

[] Plan: Keep calm, Carry on.
--[] Sphinx .5/.5
--[] Werewolf .5/3.5
--[] Silence
--[] Grounding
-[] [General] Research:

They don't know its us yet, just some Psi which can be a lot of things.

[] [Faith] The Great Heresies
Though it is infuriating to many that splits and cracks have already started to appear within the structure of our faith, especially when the Prophet hasn't even been laid to rest in his last resting place, these splits were inevitable. There was no way to prevent those who strayed from established Doctrine, so we must expend effort to bring them back into the fold, even if some start to whisper about altering Doctrine itself to incorporate some parts of their beliefs into ours.
(Gain: Reconcile, Syncretise, Legalise, or Crack Down on a Heresy.)
-[] The Particularists
The Droman Creed emphasizes the different qualities and roles of each of the Five, encapsulating the Co-equal Oneness of the Five-One, One-Five, yet some believe this to be a Pantheon. For the Particularists, this is the furthest from the truth, as they believe the Five-One to not be co-equal within their shared Divinity, but One-As-Five, mixing everything into one being by denying the uniqueness of each Five to not deny the Oneness of them all.
-[] The Anti-Particularists
The opposite to the Particularists, they have twisted this section of the Creed to its utter limit: I believe that these Five, Omnissiah, Emepror, Motive Force, Body of the Faith, and Star Child, are Indivisible and One, and Two, And Three, Four, and Five. They believe one can pair the Five-One according to their "Co-Equal Hierarchy," represented by a square with four edges and the Star Child in the middle. In this, they claim that the Emperor and Omnissiah are on the Left and Right of the square, with the Community of Faith and Motive Force in the lower left and right, relating to each other in their respective roles and relations as they come together to create the Star Child.
-[] The Adherents of the Divine Lines
Those who call themselves the Adherents of the Divine Lines hold to the idea that a Divine Lineage exists at all, claiming that, as the Space Marines and Primarchs are the children of the Emperor-and-Omnissiah as well as the Star Child, a clear line of Divine Heritage exists that allows those who partake in its shared blood to better understand and enact the will of the Five-One unto the face of the galaxy, and that the Glimmering Federation need only right what has so long been silenced.

Oh, btw, aren't we forgetting about these guys.

IIRC, one of these is a chaos cult in disguise.

Voting is open
Back