Voting is open
TEN elements?

Quick check:
1-4) Fire, Ice, Wind, Elec
5-6) Light and Curse
7-8) Psy and Nuke (although Nuclear is GGO only?)

I think Water is it's own element here, so that's 9 at most, but only 8 in Underworld.

What's the other two? Earth? Force?

...Almighty?
I think it was all fire, he just created 10 instances of it simultaneously and fired them all at once. Quinella describes it as the most powerful manifestation of a Fire Sacred Art she's ever seen before she looks over and sees that. So, like, he cast Agidyne x10 or something (or maybe just Agi x10 but still.)

My SAO knowledge runs out sometime around when the Abridged Series ends, but this was definitely still very interesting even if I understood none of it. Interesting that Philemon reached out to inhabitants of a virtual world in the "distant past", and now wants us to save them. Can they genuinely not tell the difference? Are we wrong for making that difference?

[X] The memory of false creation— STACIA.

Going to be honest I'm picking this one because Kirito is the one I'm looking forward to meeting. We've done one Nega-Quest already, let's get to the second.

[x] The memory of false creation— STACIA.

In the moment, she rejected the name of the myth of the higher beings, and choose instead to assert her own world as real.

When we reach SL 4, we get a +1 to the matching 'stat' that best fits that SL which is separate from our base stat allowing us to be an Anime Character IRL. The Perception of Hiyori is already shifting to a 'Mystery', this fits the original ideal of giving her some form of Persona-like IRL buff without it being too hard to write around, it gives us a nice solid progression reward for reaching SL 4, IE needing less grinding in a stat to reach thresholds while still not making us need to worry about 'wasting' actions training.

I like the idea but I don't really have anything planned for past level 10. I don't have any SL locked for level 10. Truth be told mechanically Social Stats are a big underbaked like most number based mechanics. When I write options using social stat requirements I usually just write the options first and vaguely guess what the D costs are like just before posting.

As noted it's just fire. Canon Chudelkin could pull off 22 simultaneous Thermal Elements.

I like the idea but I don't really have anything planned for past level 10. I don't have any SL locked for level 10. Truth be told mechanically Social Stats are a big underbaked like most number based mechanics. When I write options using social stat requirements I usually just write the options first and vaguely guess what the D costs are like just before posting.

As noted it's just fire. Canon Chudelkin could pull off 22 simultaneous Thermal Elements.

Hm... maybe the Archetype bonus is mechanical? Like, we're getting Shiroe this turn, maybe we get limited access to his encounter control thing?

06/10: Build Divers Re:VIVE [SKY Rank 1]
[X] The memory of true creation— Ahura Mazda.

TUESDAY - June 10th, 2025
After School

Ahura Mazda. The Zoroastrian creator god and Lord of the Skies.

At this point you've encountered dozens of different Personas, dredged up from the Sea of Souls. You've rejected most of them, kept only a handful, but you remember them all. Some came from stories you're well acquainted with— Urashima Taro, Hikaru Genji, Maneki Neko, Doraemon. Others from figures you know by reputation, legendary stories in their own right. The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland...

But most? Names that mean nothing to you. Heroes and princesses from India, allegorical men from philosophical texts, strange jesters from Medieval pulp fiction. It's proof that your Persona wasn't drawing on your memory, but the memory of all humans. For every new Persona you obtain, you try to spend some time combing through its associated history.

And yet...

Ahura Mazda. The dream of an... Underworld. You can't stop thinking about it.

Quinella, a young girl thrown headfirst into a coming disaster. A power, a responsibility foisted upon her. Strange new gods: Ignia. Stacia. Vecta. Gladia— names without roots in the real world. For all intents and purposes, Alice Liddell showed you the mythology of some... other world. It seemed to exist somewhere outside of time and place, with gods, dates, and even common sense that failed to adhere to any rational frame of reference.

Except for one.

Ahura Mazda. A stranger, an intrusion upon the other world by a deity of your own. Why did you see that world? You can think of no VRMMO that uses that setting, nor any place in history that it refers to you. Yet you are certain. What you saw wasn't some fantasy. What you saw was the past, events that happened a thousand years ago.

"Um... hello?"

But that's a problem for another day. The stack of VR stickers in your hand is almost completely gone. The work is repetitive yet meditative, and in mere moments you'll be completely done! They told you the Odaiba assignment should take about 3 or 4 shifts, but you managed to crank it out in one day flat—

"Ah... part-timer-san? Um... may I have a word with you?"

Your flow shatters, and you look over in annoyance at the interruption, "...yes?"

"Um... are you... putting up VR stickers?" There's a girl about your age you don't recognize, with medium-length brown hair and a polite smile. She's dressed in the apron of the local café, the Gundam-themed one. Pretty much everything in Odaiba is Gundam-themed these days, you hear that Bandai owns all the businesses on the island.

You remove your Augma and look up impatiently, "Yeah? Sorry if I'm obstructing business but after this café is cleared I'll be done."

"Oh! No, that's not it. I just... I saw you working when I got on shift, and noticed you had... that, um..."

"...the Augma?"

"...Yes, that." The girl shifts on her feet nervously. She clearly wants to ask you something but seems hesitant to bring it up. "My shift is coming to an end, and you're still working... that's quite an amazing work ethic..." She gives a dry laugh, looking slightly embarrassed, and the two of you stand there in awkward silence for a few seconds.

"Uh, if that's all, I'm going to get back to work." You turn back to your pile, trying to put this strange conversation out of your mind. You sense no SEED within this girl, so you ignore her. If she can't just spit it out then—

"Wait!" At that moment, the girl blurts out a little too loudly, cupping her hands over her apron. "I-it's just. I have to ask. You're working so hard, and y-you're doing such a good job, but I just couldn't help but wonder, since we're right up on the ocean..."

She points her hand to the distant sea, the waves breaking against the artificial island that is Odaiba.

"Won't all your stickers get washed away? In the, uh... typhoon?"

The remaining VR stickers clatter to the ground.

You see the two gigantic VR dive centers specifically built to accommodate Gundam Battle Nexus. You see the several kilometers of walkabouts that you carefully put up just hours before. You see the twenty or so coffee shops and cafes that lined the entire beachfront, each adorned with holographic Gundam visages.

You see the 20 Meter Tall Gundam Statue that you had to had put like 50 stickers on because Ordinal Scale wanted to use it as a dumb boss fight...!

This was supposed to be done. You finished everything. Your eyes drift from the many, many stickers you've placed to the giant storm system sitting there ominously—

Your knees hit the ground.
Your wail pierces the stormy sky.

"D-do you want to come inside and take a break? M-my treat!"

After School

You chew the overcooked eggs and slightly stale rice covered in entirely too much ketchup to be palatable. The carrot is raw, and the two sad slices of lettuce sit limply on the side like the vestigial legs of a Zeong. You wash down the whole thing with an overbrewed cup of instant coffee which is in no way improved by the Char Aznable latte foam.

"Hiyori-chan that's amazing! To think we go to the same school. I thought you looked familiar..."

You choke down the remains of your dinner, smiling at the girl sitting across from you. Hinata Mukai, from Class 1-A, wasn't someone you knew at all. You realize in hindsight that you've seen her running around with a bow strapped to her back, the Kyudo club being one of Isei High's sole points of pride.

She continues, "Oh, you know Akane-chan mentioned you before. You're the other student besides her the teachers let leave early, right? That explains how you got here before me." Stars start shining in her eyes, "You must be doing something really cool or magical—"

The damn rumors are spreading! "Don't believe the rumors. As you see I'm just... catching up on part-time work."

Hinata deflates at the mention of your part-time job, "Sorry for not interrupting you sooner, I made you waste so much work. If only I had built up the courage to speak up sooner..."

You groan when you think of all that wasted effort. The indoor VR stickers were liable to be safe, but the outside zones— an absolute lost cause. The worst part? Your contract charges you for VR sticker replacements. So if you don't want to be hit by a bill in excess of your actual compensation, you're going to need to spend the rest of the night picking the VR stickers back up, so you can reapply them on yet another day.

"It's alright, Hinata-chan. I should've realized myself."

She pouts, "No, let me help you! I should've spoken up earlier!"

"You really don't have to, it's just tedious busywork..."

"Then all the more reason to share the burden, Hiyori-chan!"

You contemplate fighting her on it, but truth be told you could really use the help, and Hinata seems really insistent. "Alright, alright, but I'm going to treat you to some real food in return. Not more of this Gundam-shaped slop."

Hinata giggles, clapping her hands together. "It's a deal! But really, the food here isn't all that bad, you just have to know what's good."

"Sure, sure."

"Don't let the chef hear you complain! He'll slap you!"

"W-wait is that literal, or..."

"Hehe, of course not. You have to pay in advance for that service!" She tilts her head back mischievously, enjoying the opportunity to tease you. "Hmm, but I have to defend the cafe's honor! Okay, I'm gonna get you the best thing on the menu!"

The A Bao A Qu Parfait. G-Cafe's crown jewel. Mini-pancakes, chocolate ice cream, green-tea mochi, and candied fruits. It's sugar on sugar on sugar without any of pesky nutrition and your teeth ache just looking at it.

You've eaten half of it already and pawned the rest off on Hinata before it kills you.

"Wow, I never knew that! I thought it was just a jumble of random letters." Hinata nods appreciatively, nibbling on a marshmallow. "A Bao A Qu... doesn't exactly roll off the tongue."

"I was surprised when I found out it was a real myth. It's not clear what the original story is, since it's all second-hand accounts from Europeans, but I think the whole seeking enlightenment angle fits neatly into the Newtype subplot." Though you're still not sure why they took an obscure blob myth and named an asteroid after it.

Hinata nods along eagerly, "You must be a huge Gundam fan to know that much."

"I mean... I've seen the shows, but I'm no expert. I just read a lot about mythology— for another part-time job."

Hinata sighs, slumping into her chair. "Ah, one of those jobs, huh? I get it." She pulls out a well-worn notebook filled with earmarks. "There's so many Gundam references and in-jokes I need this just to keep track. What kind of theme play does your job require? I hope they at least give you a cute costume."

"It's ah... high-concept." Supernaturally so. "Hinata-chan, isn't Odaiba kind of far away? It took me an hour just to get here by train."

You know that there are plenty of well-paying jobs just in Bunkyo-ward, the only reason you're even out here is because Odaiba was assigned to you by Kamura and you had little choice in the matter. You'd never travel this far just for a part-time waitress position. Did it really pay that well? Because if so you're going to need to brush up on your Gundam trivia...

"O-oh, uh..." she blushes, hiding her notes behind her face. "I-it's good money, and the people are nice..."

She shoves a blueberry into her mouth nervously. She's such a bad liar it's adorable.

"You that much of a fan?" You grin at her guilty face. "Or is it for..."

"Stop, stop! Don't try to guess! It's no big deal..." She shakes her hands defensively, nearly knocking over her parfait. "I just want to learn more about... uh... Gunpla! It's all the rage now!"

"Riiiight," you say, watching her squirm. "I happen to know a bit about Gunpla. What was your first kit?"

"Uh... the Gundam! My first kit was the Gundam!"

"Gotta be more specific. Which Gundam? There's almost as many Gundams as there are Pokémon."

"There's that many!? Uh... "She scrunches up her face cutely in thought, trying desperately to summon an answer. "T-the one outside, the statue!" She flashes you a smile, triumphant in her ignorance. "The Slash Gundam!"

"Oh... you mean the Strike Gundam?"

A voice pops out from around the corner, where all the Gundam Battle Nexus Fulldive rigs and Gunpla stations are located. It's a boy in the Isei High School uniform with messy black hair and a sallow, sunken face. His eyes settle on Hinata, but you feel that he's looking past her, at some invisible sky.

You recognize that stare. You've seen it a dozen times already, on your friends, on strangers in the train, on homeless men jumping in front of trucks...

The SEED. He has one within him.

"H-hiroto-kun!" Hinata jumps up, suppressing her blush with such speed it could only be the result of constant, daily practice. "Did you finish your battle in GBN?"

"Hmm? Oh, no battle today. Just... looking around." He's polite but every word sounds like it's being generated by a program. He smiles half a second later, the delay between seeing and reacting making it seem more fake. If he was here the whole time then he must've rushed over to Odaiba the moment school let out. Now that you look closely you realize his messy hair was folded back and matted down by what must've been a VR helmet.

You notice Hinata flinch. "Did you find what you were looking for, Hiroto-kun?"

"No."

"A-ah..." Hinata shrinks in on herself, clutching her hands to her heart. "I-I'm sorry to hear that..."

"Don't worry about it. Anyways it's good to see you but I should get going, I don't want to interrupt you and your friend."

"Wait..." Hinata stumbles over her words, "D-do you want to walk home together? We can stop and get some typhoon supplies on the way and— oh!" She swiftly turns around, guilt written all over her face. She did offer to help you, but now she's stuck between what she's promised and what she clearly wants to do. You turn from her and Hiroto, scrutinizing the both of them. Ah. So it's that.

You quickly stand up, giving the pair a wave. "Hinata-chan, thanks for the meal, but I really need to run!" It's clear to you what's going on— Hinata took a job all this way just to spend time with a boy, and her promise is pushing her to do otherwise. "Sorry, can't miss a single second of work. Don't let me keep you."

You give her a wink, the relief on Hinata's face palpable. She moves toward Hiroto but hesitates at the last minute. Just when you're about to make up some new reason to excuse her, she turns back and pulls on the boy's arm. "Actually Hiroto-kun, would you mind going home alone? I need to help my friend out with something. I'll be back home in time for dinner."

For dinner...? Wait, these two live together!? Before you can unwrap that bombshell the boy turns and notices you for the first time. He clearly recognizes you, not that means much with Endou plastering your face all over the rumor mill. "Oh, you're... Kashiwazaka-san, correct? My name is Hiroto Kuga, I'm in 1-A with Hinata. So what do you need help with?"

There's something insistent, and needy, about that question. It bothers you slightly, but you're not going to turn down another helping hand. "Just some busywork. I put up VR stickers across Odaiba, but I forgot about the typhoon, so I have to take the ones outdoors down..."

"I've got nothing else planned tonight. If Hinata's helping, then I should too."

Hinata is quietly beaming at her... crush? Boyfriend? Live-in Husband!? You have many questions but now is not the time. At least you no longer feel any guilt about accepting help, now that Hinata's ulterior motive is obvious. "Okay, how about this? The VR stickers are hard to see without an Augma so I'm going to have the two of you handle the more visible ones. Hiroto-kun, can you and Hinata-chan take the park and roundabout? I've left them every 2 meters, they're not hard to find."

"Got it," Hiroto replies evenly, unaware of Hinata's growing glee.

"I know right where they are! C'mon Hiroto, there's no time to waste!"

With a leap she's out of her seat, scrambling past to the exit. Hiroto pauses, languidly bows, and turns to follow her at a sedate pace. Surely he notices Hinata's obvious crush on him, right? Was he just that dense?

Or were his eyes searching for something much more distant...

Evening

"How did you get the sticker up there in the first place?" Hiroto's craning his neck, looking up at the codpiece of the life-sized Strike Gundam.

"Uh, I taped it to a rock and just threw it up there," you admit. You were rather proud of that workaround, but now your cheap move is biting you in the ass. Hinata's run back to G-Café to borrow the owner's stepladder, leaving you alone with Hiroto for the time being.

"Let's just get the other stickers," you sigh. "If I lose one or two it's no big deal."

The two of you silently work on clearing out the park. Thanks to the impending typhoon Odaiba is virtually abandoned and you're easily able to locate your stickers on every surface.

"So Hiroto-kun, are you a fan of Gunpla?" you ask, trying to test the waters. There has to be a reason he's coming to Odaiba after school, and you doubt he's here for the view.

"Hmm? I suppose I am," he calls out flatly from behind the Gundam's leg. "This is where Gundam Base is. Lowest latency to the GBN servers."

Of the various SEED-based VRMMOs Gunpla Battle Nexus was different for the simple fact that you need a Gunpla model to play it. The Amusphere could let you log in and play around with prefab units, but to engage with the building aspect you had to log in at a special kiosk, of which Odaiba had hundreds.

"I've built Gunpla before but I've never tried GBN. Is it any good?" you say, desperate to continue the conversation. Hiroto-kun's long pauses are beginning to worry you.

"It's... fine."

An odd response, and strangely not a lie. Hiroto spends so much time here that Hinata felt it would be efficient to grab a part-time job in Odaiba, yet he's only ambivalent about the game where he's spending all his time?

"Are you in the Gunpla club?" you ask, trying to squeeze more blood out of this rock. You want to help Hinata but the boy seems completely zoned out to the real world. "I'm thinking of joining to improve my Gunpla but..."

"There's no one in the club," he interrupts, peeling off a sticker on the statue's thigh. "So it got canceled."

"O-oh, that's a shame," you think frantically for something to add, "Hinata-chan says you're a natural at making models! Can ask you for some pointers? I'm a bit afraid to waste money..."

"Sure," Hiroto answers quietly, though it's more of a mumble. "I suggest you get a subscription with a Gunpla store. For ¥5000 you can use their Mold Injector to 3D print out custom parts. It lasts two months and it's a pretty good deal."

Progress! Something he actually likes talking about!

"That does sound affordable!" you say, lying through your teeth. ¥5000 for assorted plastic bits? But what better way to get him talking? "It's a bit overwhelming. I got an airbrushing set, but kit bashing is above my skill level."

"There's a building site online if you don't know where to begin," he continues, "but most people now just custom mold their parts. What Gunpla are you looking to customize?"

"A, uh, Dilanza Sol?" you bought the kit months ago and it's been gathering dust on your shelf ever since. It's begging for extra armor plating and maybe some spikes. Lots of spikes. Or maybe a giant gun? Wasn't there that one nuclear weapon Gundam? You can have a Dilanza Nuke! Or maybe you could hide a smaller Gunpla inside and use the Dilanza as a decoy? You'd have to carve out the innards, how would that even work...

Hiroto rounds the corner, a stack of stickers in his hand, a genuine smile on his face. "The Dilanza Sol? It's an interesting design, reminiscent of a Jegan, which I suppose is on purpose. I was thinking of using its parts as a shell for a Jegan variant myself. There's more option parts for the Jegan than almost any other Federation unit—"

A flash of green. A haze, fog, or something more? It's... behind Hiroto. You adjust the Augma on your head. You're spending too much time in VR, either that or the Augma's starting to malfunction...

"I have a Gunpla that works under similar principles. I can show you how I managed to get the cast-off mechanism to work—"

No. You see it again. It's hazy, almost like a ghost. Is it behind Hiroto? It's practically phasing out of the Gundam statue...

"If you want practice buy one of the Full Armor sets. The Thunderbolt line is a good place to start, it gets you used to how the plastic snaps in and out. And don't try to cheat using modeling clay, they patched out that exploit months ago—"

It's a... girl?
No, some kind of ghost? A white dress, long blonde hair...
You lift the Augma slightly, and check the lenses, wondering what the hell you're supposed to be looking at...

"The biggest problem with cast off armor is that you have to paint and panel line the inside. The system will know if you half-ass it and penalize the armor rating. It's an added cost, but the payoff—"

"Uh, Hiroto-kun? Is there someone behind you?"

"What?" He's puzzled and turns around, confirming the lack of anything behind him. "There's nothing there."

You squint and focus. The illusion is gone, but you know that there was something there. "I thought I saw a ghost..."

"Perhaps your Augma is malfunctioning? It's still in beta, isn't it?"

Hiroto's conclusion is reasonable. Ordinal Scale streams in various NPCs and monsters directly into the Augma, so phantom NPCs appearing outside of game time wasn't impossible. Must be the typhoon messing with the connection. "That makes sense. I think I'm just tired..."

Hiroto walks over, handing you his stack of VR stickers. "That should be all the ones on any more the left leg. Do you need any more help or can I go find Hinata? She's been taking a while."

You wave him along. "So long as no more ghosts show up, I'll be fine."

He simply nods and trudges away. But just before he leaves the shadow of the Gundam he glances back and fixes you with a vacant gaze. There's something he wants to ask, and he's afraid about the answer. "If you don't mind me asking, what was that... ghost that you saw?"

"Like you say, probably the Augma malfunctioning," you answer automatically. "I think I saw some placeholder NPC. Looked like some princess, blonde hair—"

There's a burst of air and before you know it your back is pushed up against the statue, Hiroto's hand against your Augma, keeping it pressed up tightly against your head. He's wheezing, face uncomfortably close, hands shaking like a leaf.

"Did you see anything else!? Anything!? What was the color of her eyes!? Was she wearing an earring!?" "

It was practically a shout, something you'd not expect of your classmate. His eyes are wide as saucers and his breathing has become desperate. Excited. As if every second not spent searching was another moment wasted. The SEED within him is burning bright. His entire existence is focused on a single question. As his wishes become manifest you feel the Augma warming up against your head and the image of the girl— the ghost?— begins to creep into your mind once more. Clearer, as if in response to Hiroto's wishes.

Blonde hair, a long flowing dress and... an emerald earring. You see the desperation dancing in Hiroto's eyes, and feel the SEED within his heart ripe for picking.

I AM THOU, THOU ART I.

FOR LOVE TO EXIST SUFFERING MUST PREVAIL.

FOR PARADISE TO ENDURE THERE MUST BE A HELL.

BLIGHT THE LAND AND SALT THE EARTH.

SO THE SKY MAY SHINE ALL THE BRIGHTER.

TO GRANT YOU POWER TO DESTROY THE HEAVENS.

"Hiroto-kun. Why don't you take a look for yourself?"

He recoils as if struck. His breath hitches and he reaches out for the Augma you hold out in front of you. His fingers clench the headset and he slips it over his head in one swift motion, his hands shaking so much he almost drops it in the process. The effect is immediate.

"...Eve...!"

Hiroto's twists his neck staring at you, no, staring past you. Tears immediately begin to well in his eyes, and his hand reaches out towards a phantom that only he can see. He lurches forward, his mouth unable to even say the words. A slow step turns into a flat-out run, the once stoic boy stumbling towards a spirit only he can see. You step to the side but he just ignores you, charging towards a figure you can only assume is somewhere behind you.

And then it's over. Hiroto stops his forward march. His hand falls first to his side, his knees nearly giving way. "Of course, it wasn't... I should have known..."

He wrenches the Augma off his head. For a second he doesn't talk, doesn't even move. And just when you're about to call for help, his fist slams into the leg of the Gundam statue next to him, tear-filled eyes cast towards the floor.

"Thank you," he mumbles, handing the Augma back to you. "I apologize for the outburst. I owe you an explanation, but..."

You look at his reddened fist. "Hiroto-kun, please, you don't owe me anything. I'm sorry you weren't able to find who you were looking for."

He just sits there in silence. You want to ask him who Eve is, but despite the situation you feel like it would be an intrusion. "It was just an NPC glitch," Hiroto says, all the energy bled out of him. "...Just some random NPC. I couldn't see her clearly, but when it came into focus, she looked nothing like..." He rubs his eyes, finally bringing himself together. "I'm sorry, Kashiwazaka-san. I appreciate the gesture, but..."

It's like shutting off a valve. The tears stop, Hiroto's expression flatlines. He moves on autopilot, quickly recovering the rest of the stickers as if there'd never been a breakdown in the first place.

"Are you sure you're alright...?"

"Please don't worry about me," he answers, still as robotic and polite as ever. "I... I should go find Hinata now."

You nod, letting him pass. So it was just some glitch in the end. But the vision, it was so vivid, responding even to Hiroto's wishes. You think back to Professor Shigemura. Yuuna. The Augma... there's a connection here... "Hey, Hiroto-kun. I know this may sound weird but I sometimes end up in odd places. If you're looking for someone, tell me what she look likes and I can keep an eye out for you."

He raises an eyebrow, skepticism clearly present. "...a girl, about our age. Long blonde hair, blue eyes and... a green earring."

The description matches exactly. You saw it hovering behind Hiroto— hazy, but with all the listed features. It was behind him, reaching towards him... you could confirm this now, give him false hope, but you still understand so little. What was the Augma even doing? And Hiroto clearly saw something that wasn't Eve, and it was behind you...

No...

"Hiroto-kun. W-who did you see?"

It can't be. That... that's not possible.

"Just... some phantom. Nobody I recognized..."

That's not possible. That can't be... possible? Right?
Professor Shigemura was a delusional father. The dead cannot return.
There is only one life and this is it and when it is over there's nothing... left... right...?

"Tell me."

"Kashiwazaka-san? I don't—"

"TELL ME!"

"I-I don't know. A girl, she had light hair like yours— that's all I remember."

"ANYTHING ELSE!? TELL ME!"

Your arms seize the cuff of Hiroto's shirt, dragging him closer. You're making a scene, you know, but you can't let go, not after you've realized...!

"I don't know! She was in some... blouse? She had flowers in her hair—"

"Uh... am I interrupting something, Hiroto? H-hiyori-chan?"

Your mind catches up to the situation.

You glance down. You're so close you're practically choking Hiroto. His face is flushed and his eyes, wide and terrified, are locked on you. You wrench him away in a single motion, catching the horrified look in Hinata's eye as she jumps to the worst possible conclusion.

"I-I'll go now. SorryforinterruptingIhopeyoutwohaveabeautifullifetogetherbye—"

You sigh. So does Hiroto.

You kick him in the shin.

"Hey, what gives—"

"Go after her!"

Mercifully, Hiroto doesn't protest.

TUESDAY - June 9th, 2025
Velvet Room

The philosopher raises his glass and offers but one question: for what purpose do you live?

He thinks the question to be wise. That the answer will give his life meaning.

But he fails to consider the reverse. That life created for purpose? That is the life of a slave.

A world of steel titans and damned souls, trapped in gravity's embrace.
Where humans share all thoughts, yet choose bloodshed without end.
A world not of heroes, but of monsters and the depths to which they dive.
But SKY does not seek the beauty of this Chaos. He will keep naught but the veneer.
Contests instead of wars. Coalitions instead of nations. Toys instead of machines.
The unfathomable cosmos, cruel in its sheer indifference, cut down to caricature.
A galaxy of nothing but simple games, with friends and adventure at every turn.
A closed dream of a closed world of a closed man. Do you not see?
This is not his dream. He has hollowed out his husk and filled it with her's.
He blindly chases her shadow, no longer even seeking a meaning of his own.
For SKY has surrendered all of his potential, to the simple dream of a Doll.
The bland flavor of a meal in a box, packaged a thousand miles away.

She is the weight around his neck. The gravity pulling down his soul.
The dream of another was foisted upon him. His only choice was not to choose.
You know SKY has wings of his own, but for him to fly, he must cast off the stone.
Let us bury the dead where it may never rise, so we may release him from her HEAVEN.

[ ] Maschinenmensch

Let the dead rest in peace, Rotwang...
For you, as for me, she is dead...
For me, she is not dead, Joh Fredersen,
for me, she lives...!
Do you think that losing a hand is too high a price
to pay for re-creating Hel-?!
Do you want to see her-?!
So, Joh Fredersen-?! Isn't it worth the loss of a hand
to have created the man of the future, the Machine-Man-?!
-Excerpt from the script of Metropolis a silent film by Fritz Lang

STR: Rank E (1 Dice)
MAG: Rank C (3 Dice)
AGI: Rank E (1 Dice)
VIT: Rank B (4 Dice)
CHT: Rank C (3 Dice)

Weakness: Elec, Fire, Wind
Resist: Nuclear

Archetype [Apocalypse Maiden]: You were created to destroy and deceive. You seek opportunities to incite revolution, sow discord and create chaos, even at the cost of your own life.

Skills:
Freila: Generate a NUCLEAR element and apply a complex modification or syntax to it. [MAG/NUC]
Babylon Goblet: Deals 2 Points of [ALMIGHTY] damage to all foes within short range. Connects all damaged Fluctlight IDs to the Taboo Index, causing afflicted opponents to act unpredictably, but disables this Persona for the remainder of combat. [CHT/MADNESS]
Recarmdra: Heal all allies by CHT Roll+1, but disables this Persona for the remainder of combat. [CHT/HEAL]
Hel in the Machine: Blocks the first successful application of a Mind Altering status effect on the user, but disables this Persona for the remainder of combat. [PASSIVE]

If you lose your Persona during a Scene where it is the only Persona active, Kuro will have to take any remaining attacks with her base stats only.

[ ] Blodeuwedd

Then they took the flowers of the oak, the flowers of the broom, and the flowers of the meadowsweet - and from those they called forth the fairest and most beautiful woman anyone had ever seen. She was baptised with the baptism they practiced back then, and the name of Blodeuwedd was put upon her.
-Excerpt from Math fab Mathonwy, a branch of the Mabinogi

STR: Rank C (3 Dice)
MAG: Rank E (1 Dice)
AGI: Rank F (0 Dice)
VIT: Rank B (4 Dice)
CHT: Rank D (2 Dice)

Weakness: Fire, Slash, Bless
Resist: Wind, Optical

Archetype [Dryad]: You came from flowers and long to return to such. You despise movement and prefer to manipulate others rather than fight directly. Your laid-back and stoic personality is especially abrasive to the hotheaded.

Skills:
Luster Gift: Globally buff an opponent's stats by +2 for the next 3 Scenes (inclusive of activation turn). They are now permanently vulnerable to Mind-altering status effects. [BUFF]
Luster Whisper: Globally buff an ally's stats by +2 for the next 3 Scenes (inclusive of activation turn). Your opponents are now paranormally aware of Kuro's combat weaknesses, even through Persona switching. [BUFF]
Witness Me: Switch your VIT and AGI die and TAUNTs enemy combatants for the next 2 Scenes (inclusive of activation turn). They must target you if they are able. [BUFF]
Javelin Rain: Call forth a rain of wooden spears upon a target area within a long range, utterly saturating an area in barbed spears. Effective in striking nimble opponents and creatures with large bodies, but is utterly invalidated against armor. [STR/PIERCE/LONG]

[ ] Coppélia

Coppelius is almost beside himself with joy. At last he has succeeded; his work
has surpassed all that human hand has ever created! While he is contemplating his
own joy, the face of the girl, hitherto motionless, becomes animated. She strikes a
threatening attitude and then resumes her former position, keeping her eyes fixed upon
Coppelius. Yes! she is looking at him. ...Is it a dream! It seems to him that
she moves and raises her shoulders. But he is mistaken.
-Excerpt from the Coppélia, ballet choreographed by Arthur Saint-Leon

STR: Rank E (1 Dice)
MAG: Rank E (1 Dice)
AGI: Rank X - Sets AGI to 0, and you are narratively immobilized.
VIT: Rank D (2 Dice)
CHT: Rank D (2 Dice)

Weakness: Blunt, Pierce, Optical
Resist: Ice, Elec

Archetype [Wind Up Doll]: You are a precious thing, an ornament upon a table that does nothing but dance. You prefer passivity over all else, but the longer you dance, the more power you stockpile.

Luster Wind: Increases all of Kuro's stats by +1 per scene this Persona is active. This bonus rises by +1 every scene. Once switched off the buffs wear off in 2 Scenes. [PASSIVE]
Regenerate 2: For every turn this Persona remains active in combat, heal 2 HP. [PASSIVE]
Invigorate 2: For every turn this Persona remains active in combat, heal 2 SP. [PASSIVE]
Smile and Dance: If you have this Persona active for 2 consecutive scenes, gain ADVANTAGE on your next attack when this Persona is switched out. [PASSIVE]

Pure Persona vote this time.

Last edited:
Finally.

I can really see why you were pushing this one—thematically and world-buildingly speaking, with the ghost of a departed NPC haunting a man into running himself ragged, this fits the existing story like a glove. (Phil might have some interesting stuff to say here as well…)

Anyway, I don't understand the mechanics system and I don't care, but I'm voting for the most thematically interesting choice.
[X] Maschinenmensch

"Won't all your stickers get washed away? In the, uh... typhoon?"

The remaining VR stickers clatter to the ground.
This is the essence of pain.

You see the dumb 20 Meter Tall Gundam Statue that you had to had put like 50 stickers on because Ordinal Scale wanted to use it as a dumb boss fight...!
Wait-we're gonna have a Gundam as a boss fight?!

We can have a real giant robot fight?!

The A Bao A Qu Parfait. G-Cafe's crown jewel. Mini-pancakes, chocolate ice cream, green-tea mochi, and candied fruits. It's sugar on sugar on sugar without any of that pesky nutrition and your teeth ache just looking at it.

You've eaten half of it already and pawned the rest off on Hinata before it kills you.

Is that pancake covered in chocolate?

I think I'm hungry now...

"A, uh, Dilanza Sol?" you bought the kit months ago and it's been gathering dust on your shelf ever since. It's begging for extra armor plating and maybe some spikes. Lots of spikes. Or maybe a giant gun? Wasn't there that one nuclear weapon Gundam? You can have a Dilanza Nuke! Or maybe you could hide a smaller Gunpla inside and use the Dilanza as a decoy? You'd have to carve out the innards, how would that even work...
Chestburster Lux grows ever closer to manifestation.

Hiroto's conclusion is reasonable. Ordinal Scale was going to stream in various NPCs and monsters directly into the Augma, so phantom NPCs appearing outside of game time isn't impossible.
Stream resources from how many sources?

We know they're going to use Gundam, but with the sheer amount of crossovers in this quest, well, this can get pretty nuts.

It's a... girl?
No, some kind of ghost? A white dress, long blonde hair...
You lift the Augma slightly, and check the lenses, wondering what the hell you're supposed to be looking at...
"I don't know! She was in some... blouse? She had flowers in her hair—"
Ah crap.

Right. Shigemura here isn't just going to revive Yuna, it can bring back anyone for everyone.

So there's going to be more than a just one dead person walking around.

And when others catch on they'll be willing to do anything to keep them here...

This can get ugly.

Apocalypse Maiden is fitting, the "even at the cost of your life" less so. Not sure if we'd be able to resist it or just kick ourselves when we switch out.

Nuke access is nice, but her other skills locking her out means we won't get to use it much.
Looks like she's meant to be a one-use trump card or a safety net.
Would an Almighty+Confusion and full party heal be worth it?

Buff an enemy to open them up to Mind status effects, Buff an ally but make us vulnerable, Mode Change+Taunt from tank to speedster, and a doozy of an attack.

Javelin Rain is one of the few multi-target attacks we have seen, AND is had long range and can pin down quick opponents and just skewer large targets. No good against armor though.

So good against puny humans and overwhelming colossi, but not robots.

Wind-up all the way down. No attack skill and starting at 0 Agility is bad, but-

How high can she stack?

These Personas all have gimmicks and they are all support units, either by working with a party or with other Personas. Blodeuwedd Is the most independent, and she runs the risk of being an immobile tree or having the defense of wet tissue paper.

[X] Blodeuwedd

Maschinenmensch is too prone to disabling herself if things go poorly, and we already have a self-regen tank in the form of Urmetazoan that also arguably has a better payoff that won't take forever and a day to go into effect (also narratively immobilized on the first turn we use Coppelia every time? NO THANKS).

Blodewudd is arguably the most usable without an immediately crippling drawback, AND can actually attack, provided our target isn't heavily armored. Given how things are worded, I assume Luster Whisper is nowhere near as revealing as Nephren-Ka's Third Eye, and Luster Gift's 'drawback' can be easily nullified with Urvashi's Jewel of Union. Witness me has...interesting use cases, if it ever comes up.

[X] Blodeuwedd

Unfortunately, they're all too cool, so I rolled a dice.

There's a burst of air and before you know it your back is pushed up against the statue, Hiroto's hand against your Augma, keeping it pressed up tightly against your head.
were we just subject to the mythical kabe don?

[X] Maschinenmensch

Also, time police reporting in: either the day or the date is off this update. 2 updates ago (when we voted on the plan and Shouichi got arrested) was Monday, June 9. This one reads Tuesday, June 9.

June 9 should be a Monday so the one from 2 updates ago should be fine. Just, right now we're either still Monday or else Tuesday would be June 10. I think it's the latter because the plan blurb from 2 updates ago said we'd be choosing our actions for June 10-June 13 - plus the threadmark reads 6/10

Last edited:
[X] Maschinenmensch

This seems like the most reliable option of the three. Yes, it basically amounts to throwing out a trump card or two to tear apart our enemies before swapping personas, but we can do a lot with a few moves. Longer-term demerits like what Blodeuwedd offers that would require us to devote another persona specifically to counteracting them seem like they might be impractical sometimes even if they offer potentially useful abilities.

Coppélia's passive buff stacking is theoretically helpful, but not really necessary and something that I imagine we'd have a hard time actually managing in the fights we'd need it for. Plus, while the other Archetypes are concerning, this is the only one that I feel like we wouldn't be able to work around the demerits of.

[X] Maschinenmensch

This seems like the most reliable option of the three. Yes, it basically amounts to throwing out a trump card or two to tear apart our enemies before swapping personas, but we can do a lot with a few moves. Longer-term demerits like what Blodeuwedd offers that would require us to devote another persona specifically to counteracting them seem like they might be impractical sometimes even if they offer potentially useful abilities.

Coppélia's passive buff stacking is theoretically helpful, but not really necessary and something that I imagine we'd have a hard time actually managing in the fights we'd need it for. Plus, while the other Archetypes are concerning, this is the only one that I feel like we wouldn't be able to work around the demerits of.

The problem with Maschinenmensch is that we'll never actually have full control over when she'll self-destruct. Her passive applies the FIRST TIME a mind altering effect is successfully applied to Kuro/whatever Hiyori's avatar is, which puts us in a NASTY Catch-22 situation: We either hold onto her in the vague hope of warding off a Mind Altering effect when we already have Jewel of Union, or we use either Goblet of Bablyon or Recarmdra at the first opportunity and immediately lose her.

Again, we ALREADY have Jewel of Union, so there's not really any reason not to take Blodeuwedd. We pop Jewel of Union and then spam Luster Gift with impunity while ignoring Luster Whisper completely unless either the Jewel is destroyed or something else happens. Even then, KNOWING Hiyori's combat weaknesses is worthless if the enemy has no way to exploit them. And Javelin Rain seems like a solid Physical attack option at STR C. Not great, but not terrible, and it should be able to tide us over in terms of physical attack options until we get the PRIEST Persona. (preferably the fire one)

TLDR: Maschinenmensch's passive might as well not exist since we have Jewel of Union and her other two trump cards don't justify leaving us with a dead slot for the rest of combat for how little impact they have.

Also, a mid selection choice here. Not even funny options like with Scumzuma

Kazuma's persona choices were funny because it's Konosuba. What were you expecting from Persona selections explicitly said to specialize in VIT? I was expecting tanks, and I was mostly right.

We pop Jewel of Union and then spam Luster Gift with impunity while ignoring Luster Whisper

Luster Gift buffs an opponents stats in exchange for inflicting weakness to mind-altering status effects.
Globally buff an opponent's stats by +2 for the next 3 Scenes (inclusive of activation turn). They are now permanently vulnerable to Mind-altering status effects.
The ideal play with that skill is to use it and then immediately swap to a charm Persona and hope that Charm lands on the Luster Gift inflicted target, so that they are a threat to their allies, not to us.

Luster Gift buffs an opponents stats in exchange for inflicting weakness to mind-altering status effects.

The ideal play with that skill is to use it and then immediately swap to a charm Persona and hope that Charm lands on the Luster Gift inflicted target, so that they are a threat to their allies, not to us.

Ah, well, even better, since we have Urvashi and Undine. No need to mess about with Jewel of Union in that case, and Luster Whisper can easily be planned around once we know what an opponent is capable of offensively.

[X] Blodeuwedd

That's another Social Link, seven undiscovered ones left. Anyone have any idea who any of these seven could be out of curiousity?

Last edited:
Voting is open
Back